Old 01-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #226  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Saturday ladies,

Rose, it's good to hear from you again. Sounds like you've had a very busy last few weeks. So you were dancing with the kids? Sounds like fun. It's good to break up the routine a bit. Gives you a new vigor to start fresh in the new year. Welcome back, don't be such a stranger.

Mel, I will tell you one thing I learned from the Trump/Rosie argument. It just became very clear to me how stupid you can sound when you start to tear off into someone in a major way. Now Trump is a pompous who knows how to make the most of any media attention and Rosie is by her own admission a woman of forcefullness and a sharp tongue. It just reinforced my mantra of not giving power to stupid people I encounter in my life. 67 degrees in January? Wow. if that's not evidence of global warming, I don't know what it. Thing is, usually with that sort of unusually warm weather, you get socked with viscious snow when you least expect it. Mother Nature is trying to tell us that we are making a "Mess_-opatamia (old pun on the ancient city of Mesopatamia) but no one is listening. Scary. Make the most of the day in the best way that you can.

Nice to see you too Carla. I will lend you a soft pillow for that sore hiney. I'm afraid I'm responsible for a few light elbows to the upper arm. Borrow away on the avatar all you like - in fact I copied it from somewhere else myself. Saw it, laughed and said I must have this. The biggest problem I had with the homeowners association was there weren't enough people interested in getting involved. I didn't mind volunteering but too much fell on too few people. And I think I was more interested than others in doing something. Got down to the point of being aggrivated all the time so I decided to step away although it hurt me to give up and "join the uninvolved" when I couldn't beat them so to say... Just know what you're getting into. The world needs people who care. As for "Flowery Twats" well I almost pee'd myself laughing. This is why I poke you in the arm so much and keep pulling you back here. You make me laugh and I love your style. You and Madcat need to write a book as I love both of your perspectives on things. Good luck with the hair, sometimes I understand why kids chop it up with manicure scissors, dye it different colors and go about their business. I think I'm going to just shave my white "skunk spot" streak in the front (think Bonnie Raitt) and pencil in "ADVERTISE HERE" instead of constantly trying to cover it up.

Suzi - I'm so sorry I forgot to mention you before! Where did you go? Please come back. Oh wait, did you say something about being on holiday? Never mind then, have a good time.

We have not heard from Shad since she left for Townsville. Do you think she's still trying to get back into her flat?

I finally got back on the treadmill yesterday. Did an hour. Yay me. DH finally asked today - what are these charges for PUSH TV on the credit card bill? I told him exercise CDs. He said ok, but umm why aren't any of them opened? Oops busted. Guess who will be doing some serious workouts later this afternoon.

Ok, I'm off to eat some lunch and get something done around the house. I feel virtuous as I told myself I really DID NOT NEED to go to the Saturday super sales around here and buy anything else. I am trying to reign in my spending this year. If it gets me to retirement sooner it's so worth it.

Have a good day crew...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #227  
Smackin' into a Wall

You won’t know it from the number of dead Kleenex littered throughout my apartment, but this is the first day I have actually been feeling better. The antibiotics are kicking in. What I have, apparently, is a wicked sinus infection. After Thursday, I woke up Friday coughing and decided I would just stay home. It was too sad to go to work anyway. Oh, and one of my co-workers gave me crap on Thursday morning because “my coughing was disturbing him”. Oh sorry my lousy health is inconveniencing you, mister. ‘Cuz it is all about you, isn’t it? Of course, just after we heard the news about our Director’s passing, the same guy came to me and with a sad look, “You can cough all you want to today”. He’s still a dork, though.

Anyway I did manage to take down the Christmas decorations this evening. It’s always a bit sad and the walls look so bare. When we went out to Wendy’s for dinner and the pants I put on were tight. Sigh. Lack of exercise is making me spread… since I’m no heavier according to the scales. I can hardly wait to be back and healthy enough to get back to a regular routine. I’m going to reassess my exercise regime and make some changes. I found a Yoga studio near my house and I’ll think I’ll check it out once I can bend over without my head exploding. If I could do Yoga once a week it would really health with my flexibility issues. And then I’ll ramp up the cardio and get back to weights. One good thing is that the lack of exercise has really helped the Plantar Fasciitis.

Holly~ nothing wrong with deciding to make some changes. Not all jobs have to be “box-y”. You could still make cash working outside the box. I see you are going through a series of life changes. Good luck sorting it all out. Oh yeah, benefits. I’ve heard of those :LOL:… Maybe you could just go freelance at something?

Teel~ Happy New Year to you too.

Mel~ Get those eyes well again. Yeah, this certainly is a weird winter. I think the really mild weather is having a bad effect on allergies, mold, and crap in the air. Maybe we just need one really good frost? As for The Donald, I have no idea has he has managed to be successful. He seems like a bit of an egomaniac – but maybe that is what has made him successful.

Happy~ I hope your cough has cleared up. The Dr. at the clinic suggested decongestants to help with the cough. He also gave me some serious codeine laced cough medicine to put me out at night. Maybe try something like Neo Citron? Ok, so if we do January in Japan, would we do February in Finland or Fiji? March in Maryland or, oh, Mexico. That’s a cool idea. And good for you for getting back onto the treadmill. I hope the tapes are fun.

Ceejay~ At least now you know what’s going on. Good luck and try not to worry.

Shad~ Your dinner with the kid sounds lovely. BTW, I was able to open your attachment but none of the pictures downloaded… but I had just reinstalled Outlook and I think it was a problem with my settings. Have a good trip back.

Hi Nae! It sounds as if things are going very well for you. Now that you have your house back.

Carla~ Can I offer you some ice packs for those bruises? Maybe a raw steak? :LOL: I know what you mean about the haircut issue. Every time I get my haircut and they finish with the blow drying and primping I always think: “This is the best it’s going to look, ever”. I’m glad you are back. You are always very amusing.

K, Hi to all the lovely ladies who have not posted in the last day or so. Time for bed for me. I think I better cough syrup and let that kick in.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #228  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

YESTERDAY'S HIGH WAS 74 I THINK. MY WINDOWS WERE OPEN!! BUT HERE COMES THE 40/5O'S AND THE HEAT IS BACK ON. JUST GOING WITH THE FLOW. BEEN A BIT HECTIC WITH SENIORS FALLING, GOING AND COMING FROM THE HOSPITAL. IS THIS ANY WAY TO RUN AN AIRLINE???? THINGS WOULDN'T BE SO BAD IF THE "CHILDREN" DIDN'T ACT SO PUT OUT BY GETTING DISTURBED ON THEIR PRECIOUS WEEKENDS. BUT MOTHER MEL'S BARBED TONGUE GIVES THEM A STAB OR TWO....VERY ARTFULLY DONE OF COURSE. THEY ARE USUALLY BLEEDING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND IN NEED OF A TRANSFUSION BEFORE THEY EVEN KNOW THEY'VE BEEN CUT. ONE OF THE THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY STEPMOM. I CAN GET AWAY WITH SO MUCH MORE NOW THAT I AM SITTING IN THIS CHAIR. I LOOK SO INNOCENT!
I BETTER GET A MOVE ON. THE MALL IS TOMORROW. THE BUSES ARE READY TO ROCK AND ROLL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. I HAVE MUCH TO DO TO GET READY.
PROBABLY SEE YOU ON TUESDAY AFTER FOOD SHOPPING.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!!

AS FOR JOY....MAYBE SHE HASN'T GOT INTETNET ACCESS AND ALSO MAYBE THEY CAN'T USE IT AT WORK NOW. MY MEMORY NIS SO BAD THAT I CANNOT REMEMBER IF SHE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THAT OR SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT!

NAE~ SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE THIS MORNING ARE THE PARTY SHOES BASCK INTO THE CLOSET NOW? ALL WRAPOPED UP AND WAITING FOR THE NEXT OUTING?? I AM NEVER A HAPPY CAMPER WHEN INSANITY ENTERS MY HOME!! HOPE YOU GET YOUR BEARINGS BACK AND YOU AND LARRY GET SOME QUIET TIME.

HAPPY~ THE FROG MAKES ME LAUGH EVERY DAY! LOL
YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH THE DH AND PUSH TV! I COULD JUST SEE THE WHOLE THING!! WELL BETTER THAT THAN ANOTHER PHONE BILL!!!! GET TO THE SWEATING WOMAN!! AM I A ONE WOMAN TEAM HERE????
I HEAR YA ON THE ENTIRE DONALD THING TOO. BESIDES, WASTED BREATH, TIME AND ENERGY. WE HAVEN'T GOT IT TO SPARE EITHER. LET'S BE SELFISH THIS YEAR AND KEEP IT TO OURSELVES!

MADCAT~ OH HOW I HATE SINUS INFECTIONS. SO PAINFUL AND DRAINING OF ENERGY. TRIP THAT DORK NEXT TIME HE WALKS BY YOUR SPACE AT WORK!!
I HOPE THE PLANTARS GETS A GOOD REST AND GIVES YOU SOME RELIEF! AT LEAST ONE GOOD THING HAPPENED. GUESS YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OUT DRIVING AROUND A LOT?!?! lol ENQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS. BTW...WHERE ARE WE GOING FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY????
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #229  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

I did my exercises yesterday. ARE YOU HAPPY? Oh, no wait, I'm happy -- nevermind.

Mel, your unseasonal weather made the news all over. I didn't watch much tv at all but what little bit I did, it seemed to be everywhere I looked. On the Internet too. People jogging and walking in Central Park in shorts and T-shirts. It didn't get that warm here. It was mild but I thought it had a bit of underlying coolness or dampness to it. Glad you got to open the window - hope the air smelled fresh and warm and was not full of schmutz that would bother your face and eyes. When you go shopping tomorrow, don't forget to buy me something You're right, someone said they couldn't access the Internet at work anymore I think it was Joy now come to think of it. Will we have to resort to emailing her? Sometimes you can hit your email site discreetly rather than trolling sites like this.

Madcat, perhaps your co-workers comment about your coughing disturbing him was just another way of saying that he thought you were too sick to come to work and infect him I know what you mean about the house looking so bare and plain after the Christmas decorations come down. For me it just added to the fact that there was a long stretch of nothing to look forward to for a long time come January. I found it interesting that you say your pants are tight without a weight gain, just from things "loosening up". I've noticed that too at times but since I don't weigh every day I just chalked it up to thinking I had been bad the day before and gained 2 pounds. Glad to hear the meds are kicking in and you are feeling better. Sounds like you had one nasty cold. And those sinus infections tend to linger much longer than a regular cold - you ALMOST get them wiped out and then they come back for round 2. Hope that is not the case with you.

We went to the bookstore yesterday so DH could use a gift card he recieved. I picked up a hairstyle magazine - always looking for something different as I seem to always drift to the same hairstyle. On the back cover was an ad for a website thehairstylers.com (I'm purposely leaving off the www. part of the weblink). They have all kinds of tips about hair and styles to suit different facial structures. The part I liked was for US$15 you can upload a picture of your face and then you can experiment with all kinds of hairstyles. They claim they have 5,000 hairstyles in 52 different colors. Now of course just because you can "try on" a hairdo, doesn't mean that you actually have the hair texture to pull off that cut - but it does give you a better idea than just looking at a magazine and guessing. The fifteen dollars gets you a 3 month subscription on the site and you can save and print out styles to take to your hairdresser. I thought it was a neat idea. Up to this point I've only seen this type of thing on a computer in a kiosk in a mall. Now you can do it at home - just what I needed - another reason to keep me on the computer for days on end

Well the big pile of clothes in the laundry room is calling to me. Better get crackin' here. Have a good Sunday ladies.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #230  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

morning all,
Yes it was me that said that I couldn't post as often. I can still access it, but what I will do is download the latest posts and reply from home at night on a word doco and then upload it in the morning. That should be okay, I think.

I have been doing some planning and development for my new years ideas. Not resolutions you understand. I'll come back with them tonight when I get home. I've decided to try the CSIRO diet for a month to see if it will do any good. I lost 100g overnight so it should only take 10 more years to get the rest off! I also joined Rhonda's fitness for Ladies - I don't fit since I am not a lady but heck - so now I can work out when it is too much to run to the Strand or up the hill. Started there this morning and found out how bad things are.

Okay, better go check out the work load and shift some of it onto my little roosters. Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #231  

Sorry about your director Mrs Mad.

I am home. It is good to be here. I have had a evening cleaning, laundry and organizing for tomorrow but I am finally feeling rested. Hubby is home. He was pleasant.He had vacuumed the livingroom and was doing his own laundry for the first time ever. He sat in the chair and didn't get up when we came in and did not help carry stuff in but he was pleasant. A step in the right direction. His behaviour at the rink yesterday was odd. I dont know why.He met DS and I at the nephew's game. He seemed awkward.
I had actual anxiety and chest pains and HUGE guilt being away from home Thurs evening, just doing something for for me. I am hoping practise will make perfect. I will try it again soon.It got better over the weekend. I only really did some dishes at the folks.Hard not being the homemaker/caregiver/supermama when it's all I 've done day in and out for 9 years.

Yummy roast chicken dinner tonight.

Hubby is helping DS with a homework page. It is good to hear them doing "normal" stuff.
Time for the kids to go to bed in a few.
Groceries put away, kids fed, chimney swept( hubby on the roof, I pull the brush thru from in here, we go up and down about 5 times),compost done, kids laundry in washer,washed the kitchne floor...........
Aiming to clear the DR table and take off the christmas cloth , then all that stuff can be put into basement. A good TV night , yippee!!!!!

Nice to be home and with everyone in kind moods!!!
HUGS dear CHICKS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #232  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

hmmm Rhonda's Fitness for Ladies??? Sounds like something where you'd do the exercises with white gloves and crinoline skirts. We replace squats with curtsies.

You must tell us more Shad. Sounds interesting. But good on yah for not giving up!

Good that your house is getting back to normal Holly. I put away the Christmas linens too. Meant that I had to drag out the ironing board to iron another table runner tho. What a pain!

Just an average weekend. Behind as usual. Book club is Wednesday and I didn't finish the book. Probably won't. Bad me. I have started regular exercise. Did some Pilates one night too. Ouch on the neck. Ditto on the lunges. I am thinking that when I weigh alot less and gravity is not so strong on me, perhaps these moves will not be on the verboten list.

Going to be a short post for me today, I have a load of laundry to get out of the dryer. Have a good one everybody.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #233  

Default Morning All

So good to be at my house and using my computer to visit with all of you again. I am still trying to catch up and on Saturday I had Christmas with my friend Denise in the morning then in the late afternoon a small cheese wine get to gather with my friend Robin and her boyfriend. They met Larry and Robin and I exchanged our gifts. I made another batch of Pavitica and took it to neighbors. I love that stuff and it will become a holiday tradition for me from now on......does anyone have an knowledge about the bread in your families...would love to hear.... pronouncing it is a challenge for me and I find everyone says it differently.
Toby and Teeka seem happy to be home and their bowls of food are always there now for them....Darby the big dog just couldn't understand how they can leave crunchies in their bowls......
Off to work and a busy week ahead..... I am going back to my line dancing class tonight have not been for over a month. it is a blast.
Eat Less MOve MOre........ gee where have I heard that one before.........
Good Day or Night to everyone....let's make this a great year of health and support for all of us!
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello to all.
Another day at work and so far so good.
Menu reveals that I'll be eating 1540 calories. I'm trying to stay with in the 1500 calories limt. My food will be soft, bland and even juiced for the time being to help heal the colon with lots of fiber.

Nae--My cousin was into line dancing. Wish she were her and I'd go with her.I'd like to learn how. She lives in Kentucky now.

Happy--I'm not an avid reader. Wish I were though. I'd rather do circle word find's.

Mel--Did you over sleep this morning? Oops you were going shopping today.

Madcat- Hope you continue to feel better.

Shad-I'm with Happy on the Rhonda's fitness program. What is it?

Holly--You are always a "busy beaver". Hope you feel better. I take paxil for anxiety. It really helps.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #235  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
As promised a post from the past as I have the doings of the chicks in front of me and I am about to reply.

Happy – Fawlty Towers is still alive and well. I went out to the mall market on Sunday morning to get the fruit and veg and halfway home realised I had left the garage door opener upstairs so I thought I’d just wander around the corner and get in through the side gate – at least my key opens that and the emergency exit is broken – wrong again. The locks have been changed and now I have no way in. Thinking some pretty awful thoughts here. Anyway, I found one of the cleaners who is fairly thick both physically and mentally and he let me in eventually. I found the lady who ‘masterminds’ the maintenance around the place and got a very long winded explanation of what I had to do to get new keys.
Aircon still doesn’t work but I’m getting used to it. I have worked hard today and should sleep tonight!
Thinking of activities for Mel to do with her eyes closed really cracks me up. Gotta love it. Okay, so I have a dirty mind.
Good for you with the treadmill as well. Keep going, keep going.
A themed month – well why not. Anything to elevate our learning. Love it.

Mel – Take care of those eyes. Can’t say it enough. You don’t want them really flaring up again. Sounds like you are having some very strange weather this year. Mind you so are we. What with droughts and flooding rains and very cool temperatures. It’s not even very humid in Townsville when normally it is unbearable at this time.

Carla – Oh dear what a shame about the butt bruising. Tough eh? You should know by now that you simply have to log on and say hello. It would really peeve us all off if you did just that and nothing else. We’d be going – huh what’s with Carla. Why only one word. Is she losing her keyboard.
So you have a running frog joke? Strewth!!! There used to be a frog ad on NZ TV – I think it was for Telecom. Anyway this frog spent the entire ad grooming and scratching with all 4 feet (not all at once) but it was amazing just how far those legs could reach, particularly the back ones. The punch line (and the only spoken words in the ad was ‘Just like the frog, Telecom reaches every nook and cranny’.
Join the condo board!!!! what some people will do.
Thank you for the bed offer. I will take it up and will let you know when, where etc. Maybe your trip to NY will be about the same time. So far I have a map, an idea and a big hole in my budget. News this morning was that the Home Security in the States are now planning on all finger prints rather than the obligatory 2 plus eyeball photo. Still I guess they gotta do what they gotta do! We will get as many as possible together wherever we can anywhere I go.
The bit of Fawlty Towers that I find sticks in the mind is the bit where Basil Fawlty rips a branch off the street tree and starts beating up the Mini. I still laugh everytime I see that bit. Lordy he was evil!!!! Everytime I go down to the basement and am faced with that red mini, I am waiting for Basil to appear.
Not sure what all the guff about Trump is about? I can’t stand the man personally. But then he has more than I have in all things, so who am I to complain. And no you should not compare yourself with the slimeball. I don’t even know who Rosie is! ‘whine’. I’m left out. Not that I care too much.

I daresay shortly we will be giving Suzi an earbashing. But she is on holiday on the Gold Coast at the moment. She can’t be swimming since there has been some horribly large seas out there at the moment.

Nae – good to see you back and posting. It is difficult at Christmas is it not? I hope the courtship is not over after 3 months of ecstasy – aaah no, I see not. Well enjoy yourself and don’t stay away too long.

Madcat, glad to see you back and seemingly a bit better. You aren’t the first one to have problems with the pics in my letter. Several folk have said the same. Poop. I should not have put so many in I don’t think.

Holly – you can only do what you can do. There is nothing else for it. I hope it all works out for you. Good on you for taking some time for yourself. We all need that once in a while and provide the kids are catered for, and no one is betrayed or deliberately hurt, then what the heck.

Okay, think that has caught me up a bit. Now, as I said before, I am planning and executing the CSIRO diet. Don’t know if you have heard about it. It is pretty basic and similar to WW it works on a point system, but you still have to weigh the ingredients. It works on food + exercise and balancing the two. I’m going to give it a go anyway.
My goals are like WWPeggy, to weigh less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning. I would like to aim for 10% of my TBW, which at this point will be 7.89Kg. Nice thought if I can bring it off.
The gym was a special offer just because I can’t trust myself to get out of exercising as often as possible. Now I just have to get the water under control and we are sweet.

And that is about it for now. I’m stuffed. Time for a drink and bed. Let’s hope I get a better nights sleep tonight than I did last night.

Update: Rhonda's is just another gym but caters for women. Has weight stuff, cardio stuff, aerobic stuff and a swimming pool. They don't have crinolines and most of them don't have halo's I can assure you. Yesterday there were two old girls there - I'm used to being the oldest in the place but these were much older than me.

Happy - with your new exercise - anything hurts until the muscles and body get used to it. However to avoid injury, might I suggest you don't give up, but start with smaller movements. Keep the hands behind the neck to avoid strain and just move until you can feel the muscles working. Then go back to the beginning. Same with lunges. Half lunges until the legs get a bit better and ensure you have the toes in front of the knees in the front leg to prevent strain on the knees. Don't give up, just adjust.

Lastly, I shouldn't have mentioned lack of humidity yesterday. Today is right up there and uncomfortable.

Oh and this morning the lift is not working. Down 96 stairs in the heat.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #236  
Radiate self!

I got caught in a chocolate storm. Terrible... simply dripping in dark, drippy sugar goo. My body has abandoned my mind. Fruit, veg, bean and nuts. Fruit, veg, bean and nuts.Fruit, veg, bean and nuts. Running, higgly piggly away from the forboding sugar blizzard. AHHHHHH!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #237  
Choose your hard

Step AWAY from the chocolate Miss Meadow Oh no - C'mon over, we'll hose you down with some nice cleansing water I'm glad Christmas is over and that stuff is gone, gone, gone. I guess we'll have to assemble a rescue team for you. Give us a few minutes, will you? Got to shower first too But we'll be there, don't fret!

Shad, sounds like life has settled back into place. You have some good tools to keep you busy. I had joined a ladies only gym similar to what you described and I loved it. No hotsy tottsies running around in the barest of clothes simply to get some attention. Just everyday women there to get healthy. I hear you on the sore muscles thing but my problem is not that. It's stress on the joints. And like Mel, I have learned the hard way that if I ignore certain types of pain and keep pushing, I will only have an "episode" of crippling pain that lasts for weeks. So I listen to my body very closely and certain types of pain mean an adjustment in the routine. I do like the fitness videos that I have - they have 2 people behind the instructor doing modifications of the exercise so you can adjust if you are just starting out or have problems like bad knees, etc. Anyway - enjoy your program. We can count points together. It's no where near as bad as counting calories!

Ceejay - sounds like you have your plans set before you. Hope this works to alleviate some of the stress you've been dealing with. A whole new way of eating I suppose. Make it an adventure!

I did get a good part of the house tidied up for book club tomorrow. Just have the kitchen left to clean and I like to do that the day before since that seems to accumulate most of the clutter. I didn't finish the book and probably won't. Also don't remember much of what I read last month and I'm sure it will be the same with most of the ladies too. I'm sure a fair amount of our meeting will be taken up with talking about everyone's holidays.

I am trying very hard with my diet - gave up sodas for the week as a personal challenge. Also getting close to 60 minutes of exercise everyday. On top of that I am making choices for concious exercise - getting off the lift early and climbing several flights of stairs (with purse, laptop bag, lunch bag and tote bag), parking farther away in the lot and walking more, going for a walk around the office, sitting at the desk and doing little exercises, etc. I'm also drinking water, water, water and watching my food. After all of that it almost looks as if I have stayed THE SAME WEIGHT as last week's weigh in. Of course this is comparing my scale at home. Will see what the official weight it but it's not looking good at this point. If it's so, I will be very frustrated. At my weight I should be peeling off the pounds. I see people post losses of 4, 6 or even 2 pound making minimal changes. This says to me no matter what I do - good or bad, nothing's going to budge. Perhaps I should join Meadow in the chocolate rain. Sorry to be a bummer but I'm so frustrated at this.

Ok, I will shake it off and move on. Hellos to the rest of the crew. How are you doing today Mel?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #238  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I DID NOT GO SHOPPING. THE EYE WAS GLUED SHUT...AND I MEAN SHUT!!! CALLED THE DR AND THEY CHANGED THE DROPS BUT IF THIS DOES NOT WORK, I MUST GO IN.... IT IS ALREADY WORKJNG THANK GOD. I HAVE NO ONE BUT MYSELF TO BLAME FOR ALL THIS. BAD DIET CHOICES, HOLIDAY CANDY. FINANCIAL STRESS AND THE NON-WINTER WEATHER HAVE COMBINED TO KNOCK ME DOWN. MY OWN FAULT ENTIRELY. MIX ALL THAT WITH THE ROSACEA AND DRY EYE AND THER YOU HAVE IT.
SO I BETTER GET ON THE BANDWAGON OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES IT'S A BAD PATTERN EVERY HOLIDAY. A COMBINATION OF NUMBING MYSELF AND A "WTF WHO CARES" ATTITUDE. GUESS I AM STILL LEARNING! SIGH!
FRAN IN THE OFFICE GOT ENGAGED IN DECEMBER SO WE ARE HAVING A TINY PARTY FOR HER TODAY. I'LL GO DOWN FOR A BIT. NO CAKE!!!! NO SODA!!!!
HAPPY TUESDAY!

SHAD~ RHONDA'S!!! FOR SOME REASON THE NAME CRACKED ME UP! GLAD YOU FOUND A GYM AND ALSO A WAY TO GET INTO FAWLTY TOWERS. ARE YOU JUST NOT A WELCOMED VISITOR THAT THEY KEEP TRYING TO LOCK YOU OUT??? OMG THIS PLACE IS TO NUTSO FOR WORDS!! HOPE THE AIRCON WORKED ENOUGH TO GET SOME OF THE HUMIDITY OUT!! GOOD LUCK!
PS~ THE ONLY ACTIVITY I COULD THINK OF WITH MY EYES CLOSED WAS THE SAME IDEA YOU HAD!! BUT AT LEAST I SLEPT LIKE A LOG!!!!

HAPPY~ HOW LONG IS WW GOING TO BE AT WORK? I FORGET IF YIOU SAID. COME TAKE MY TREE DOWN!!! I DID REMOVE ALL THE CARDSA OFF THE WALLS AT LEAST! AFTER WE BOTH HOSE OURSELVES OFF FROM THE CHOCOLATE SHOWERS WE BETTER GO AND HELP MEADOW TOOT SWEET.....I MEAN IN A HURRY!!
I AM BOUNCING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE SAME TWO POUNDS. VERY ANNOYING AND I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL. SEEMS LIKE WE DON'T LOSE LIKE SOME OTHERS AND I AM SICK OF IT TOO! MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL GO TO RHONDA'S!!!!

CEEJAY~ HOPE THE FIBER WORKS AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. I HAD COLITIS (SP) FOR 8 YEARS WHEN I WAS MARRIED AND KNOW SOMEWHAT HOW YOU MUST BE FEELING. SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS. I ALWAYS KEEP SOME NUMBING CREAM ON HAND FOR THOSE RARE INSTANCES. HOPE YOU HAVE SOME TOO!

MEADOW~ I HAD A CONTAINER OF BRANDY FILLED CANDIES FROM ITALY. NOTICE THE USE OF THE WORD "HAD"!!! WE COULD HAVE SHARED AN UMBRELLA AND SOME WELLIES!!! HOPE THE STORM HAS PASSED AND DIDN'T LEAVE TOO MUCH DAMAGE IN IT'S WAKE!!! CAN'T SAY THE SAME HERE!!! LOL

HOLLY~ HUSBANDS!!! GLAD YOU HAVE THE TIME FOR YOURSELF NOW. CHANGES COME VERY HARD WITH MOST FAMILIES. THEY THINK MOM HAS ABANDONED THEM!!
SOMETIMES IT CAN BE VERY DAUNTING TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD WITH THAT CHANGE BUT DON'T GET DISCOURAGED. TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS AND BAD CHOICES/HABITS. GOOD LUCK!!

NAE~ OMG!! ANOTHER POST!!! GLAD THE DOGGIES ARE HOME AND BACK TO A ROUTINE! POOR LITTLE THINGS. I DON'T THINK MY GRAM MADE ANY SPECIAL "ENGLISH" BREADS OR THE OTHER ONE ANY "WELSH" BREADS. WE WERE RAISED ON THOMAS' BREAD AND THE DUGAN MAN WHO DROVE A TRUCK AROUND THE STREETS SELLING HIS BAKED GOODS. THEY WERE JUST FAMOUS FOR CREAMED VEGGIES AND YORKSHIRE PUDDING AND SPOTTED DICK.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #239  

I am feeling truly happy for the first time in about 10 weeks. Everything seems alright in the world.
I have my focus, direction and purpose all in place. I have redefined much and am very pleased with where I see my life, my family’s lives heading .

I have printed my weekly calendar and slotting in the must do’s looking at the want to do’s next.Dishes are all done DW is running.Need to write a cheque.
2 hours til my meeting. Need to plan that time too.

Meadow-LOL!! get yer veggies into you. Treated myself to Rob Thomas and Colin James CD's.Yippee, yum and groovin tunage.
Nae-very happy for you!!!
Mel-glad the drops are working.
Shad-HI!!
Happy-HI!!
Ceejay- HI!!

Thanks for the kind support ladies!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just in to say hello--Don't want the prod! Just feeling a little blue.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote