Old 01-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #196  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Holly Enjoy the movie - it got very good reviews. Some people who said they did not like pigs very much changed their mind after seeing Charlotte's Web.

A long walk would be a great way to start the new year. Particularly if the weather is co-operating.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy-- I like the plan it, execute it and stick to it challenge. Will 2 out of 3 do? I have problems sticking to anything. I hope to have a little more will power this year

Happy new years every one. The party started a little early here last night. Some one got happy and threw a fire cracker at the back door. I jumped out of my chair when I saw the flickers of light.

I'm getting ready for the colonoscopy that is scheduled for bright and early Wednesday morning. I'm having more symptoms of the colitis. Went to the doctor on the 28th of December for this. As for me my weigh in will be until Thursday morning. Never got a chance for a natural colon cleanse guess this one will be better.

Mel--I like the new avatar also.

Holly--I didn't party last night cause I had to work today. I hope things get better for you this year.

To all the rest. A big hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #198  

Our newest Furbaby - Friendly at 14 weeks
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #199  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

morning all,
Better do a measure today - sorta forgot about that on Dec 31. Then it is back to strict eating habits again. My resolution is to lose 10% of my body weight over this year. That will mean about 7.7kgs. That will achieve the goal of being below 70K as well and that would please me no end. It's not too big an ask I don't think. I shall now have to plan some short term goals to help me get there.
One might be that smaller clothes weigh less on the airline scale!!! Only I can be that stupid this early in the morning.
So, what am I going to do to get to that point. One thing will be to eat less bread - I seem to always be chewing on the stuff - and I will use things like rice wraps and low GI tortilla for wraps at lunch. I'm going to take my low GI cookbook back with me as that has some great ideas for lunches etc.

My dinner party went off okay last night. They seemed to enjoy it. The kumato and mozzarella salad was a hit and so simple to make although I wasn't too happy with the pesto I made - guess it was the sesame instead of pine nuts - asked the ex-chef what was wrong with it and he didn't have to many clues mainly cos he never ate much of it. He tells me it is not his thing! I have some fish pie leftover to eat for tea tonight. That seemed to be okay and the ice cream was a big hit.
A kumato by the way is something new in the stores last week and not a spelling mistake. They are tomato but they are a very dark red with a firm flesh and taste very nice. They have flavour unlike many of the store bought variety today. Why they called it that I have no idea.

Holly - 2 days in PJ's!!!!!! Well I guess if you are not going anywhere and the house is warm that's a snuggly thing to do. 2 days without a bra might see some of the lines on my face disappear! Instant facelift.

Madcat = that Buckley's (presume it is the old Buckley's Canadiol Mixture that we had for years and I think still have) has got to be good for you - cos it tastes so foul. Get better soon.

Happy - nothing I like better than the smell of roasting beef on the rack. Got a scent all of it's own. Took a deep breath, I reckon I could smell it yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately we haven't been getting good beef here for a while - due to drought. It's lean enough - little fat, guess the cows were underweight because of the drought - but little flavour and not good texture. Ditto for mutton. Poor old farmers are having to cull their flocks just to stay afloat. There's a glut on the market at the moment but it will become a very expensive item sometime soon. We might get as bad as the Japanese - $42 for a kilo of minced (ground) beef!!
Personally I think they should have shown all the major cities across the time zones for NY celebrations. Times Square might be the place to go (fashionable for the yuppie aussies anyway) for celebrations, but there are more places in the good ol' USA than New York aren't there??? What about downtown Jackson Hole?

Mel - I take it you watched the ball drop on the TV and not by going up onto the roof of your building in the cold and wet weather?? Well done on the weight loss - long may it continue. I'd love to see the end of the 70Kgs anytime soon.

Okay, that is about it from me. I'd better go see what's happening in the world. Give the garden another nudge and prepare for the day. I see clouds out there, but hey yesterday they were thick black and menacing. I thought we were in for a storm. No such luck, the humidity climbed, the clouds got thicker, the breeze got up and the moon came out and drove them all away. Have to look into Indian Rain Dance etiquette I think. Not much else is working.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #200  

Just got a call from a dear friend with terrible news. A sweet guy, John, I grew up with, died of a brain aneurism yesterday. My age- 41. Dfriend and I had a loooong talk about the good old days. People we knew, who is doing what now. Feeling real sad. John, has 2 kids....as it seems to happen, he was one of the really good guys. Total bummer.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #201  
Choose your hard

Happy 2nd day of the year folks,

Sorry to hear about your friend Holly. Sad as those situations are, it always serves as a reminder to me to not to take for granted those who we care about in our lives and live each day to the fullest. Your new kitty is cute too.

Shad, that's an ambitious goal for the upcoming year. 10 percent will give you all sorts of health benefits. You are right to plan - I think there's so much to be said in the fail to plan / plan to fail motto. Looking back, if I tripped up - more often than not it's because I didn't plan it out properly in the first place. $42 a kilo for ground beef? sounds like that Kobe beef the Japanese are famous for except I though Kobe was steaks. Well, then again you need to do something with the trimmings and lesser cuts, don't you. Geez Louise... When you said Kumato I thought you were referring to a kind of olive. I'm not an olive eater myself but there are bins at the store of various olives you can buy fresh and the name Kumato looked familiar. We have some new pricey cherry (small) tomatoes out this way. They are supposed to be some hybrid of a strawberry and a tiny tomato. Bursting with flavor they say. I tried them (what we won't do for the taste of a real tomato around here in winter) but they were no different than the regular tomatoes and were 3 times as expensive. Won't be making that mistake again... At least your Kumatoes tasted good. Jackson Hole you say? Hmmm me thinks someone has been browsing the book of U.S. park services - I daresay that the nearest town to the base of Yellowstone National Park has a rather quiet New Year's celebration - much like (our missing in action) Nae - the night is still and the fireworks you see at midnight are nature's best - stars streaking across the night.

Ceejay, it was noisy for 10 minutes here too at midnight. I hope it was the sound of fireworks and not idiots shooting off guns Did someone throw a firecracker at your house? Good luck with the colonoscopy. The doctors are really pushing them here but like root canals most of us run screaming the other way. Hope it goes well for you. As far as will power goes, I think your biking plan is a good one. We can nag you if you like to stick with it

So the question is.. is Mel over my head posting right now as I type? Hey there northern sister of the chilly skies - how are you feeling today? Ready to take on the world?

Yesterday I resigned my position with the homeowners association. It was just too aggrivating and nothing was happening with the group. If I'm going to sign up for something, then I expect to do something. And it has nothing to do with "people are busy over the holidays", I've been trying to drum up some interest since last August. Guess I just don't fit in with the style here and that's ok. In 2007 I need to focus on ME.

And with that, it's back to reality, back to work, back to routines. I have enjoyed my vacation, not going to apologize or dwell on things I didn't get done as I did get plenty done to feel proud of. I am resolving to walk into work with a light step, eager to get busy and get those projects finished. Makes the day go by faster.

And with that, I'm off. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #202  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TUESDAY MORNING AND STILL NO BUSES TO GO SHOPPING FOR ME WTF!!! AND THE EMERGENCY RADIO PART OF MY CEL/RADIO COMBO IS BROKEN. IT KEEPS TELLING ME IT'S RESTRICTED!
OH I SPOKE TOO SOON...JOHN JUST CALLED AND SAID THERE IS STILL NO WORD ON THE BUS.
GOOD THING JEN AND RICHIE WENT FOOD SHOPPING FOR ME. GETTING A LATE START TO THE DAY SO I AM OFF TO HAND IN MY REPORTS.
HAPPY THUESDAY

HOLLY~ SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIEND'S PASSING. WE HAD 2 DEATHS OVER THE HOLIDAYS. PUT THE BLDG INTO SHOCK. AN OMINOUS BEGINNING TO THE NEW YEAR FOR SURE. ENJOY THE MOVIE. GETTING GREAT REVIEWS HERE. EVERYTIME I SEE THE HORSE ON THE COMMERCIAL I CRACK UP! WELCOME NEW KITTY!

HAPPY~ SO GOOD TO GET THE YEAR OFF ON BOTH FEET WITH A PLAN. I FEEL BETTER JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!
I TOLD JEN THAT WE NEED TO STAY FOCUSED WITH THE COUNTRY SO UNFOCUSED!! TO SAY NOTHING OF THE WORLD! THE NEWS SEEMS TO HAVE A DEFINITE EFFECT ON ME. MAKES ME FEEL LIKE WTF AM I EVEN DOING THIS FOR WITH THE WORLD SO SCREWED UP....GOOOD EXCUSE HUH??? SO COME ON MY SOUTHERN BELLE....LET'S SHOW THEM WHAT A WORLDLY CHICK CAN DO!!! I WENT SEARCHING FOR A SNOW GIF FOR THE AVATAR....THOUGHT MAYBE IT WOULD BRING THE WHITE STUFF HERE!!

SHAD~ LET'S GET A MOVE ON AND KEEP THE GOOD EATING GOING WE WILL GET DOWN THERE AND STAY THERE!!! BREAD IS THE ENEMY....MINE TOO!!!
FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY BREAD....SAL GAVE ME A PANNETONME FOR XMAS AND I CUT A SLICE AND GAVE THE BOX TO JEN AND RICHIE. I KNEW I COULDN'T BE TRUSTED WITH THE WHOLE THING. GLAD TO HEAR THE DINNER WENT SO WELL. IS A KUMATO A TOMATO/KUMQUAT COMBO? IT'S THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF!!

CEEJAY~ NEIGHBORS CAN BE SUCH A PIA!!! I WAS ONCE AT A SMALL PARTY AND THEY SET ONE OF THOSE "POPPER" THINGS WHERE EVERY SECOND SOMETHING POPS OUT SHOOTING UP INTO THE SKY....WELL HE LIT IT IN THE KITCHEN AND THE FIRST WHOOOOOSH OF FIRE HIT THE WINDOW CURTAINS, HE DROPPED IT AND EVERYONE PANICKED! I AM LAUGHING NOW BUT IT WASN'T FUNNY THEN. WATER WAS BEING THROWN EVERYWHERE AND A NEIGHBOR CALLED THE COPS! WHAT A NY'S EVE THAT WAS!!! HOW IS PARAGOULD? GOOD LUCK WITH THE TEST. WILL SEND GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY. GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T DO THE NATURAL CLEANSE......NOT WITHOUT YOUR DR'S APPROVAL!!! MY SIL WAS TOLD NEVER TO USE IT BECAUSE OF HER COLITIS.

SENDING A GET WELL hug: TO OUR MADCAT.
THAT'S TWICE ALREADY JOHN HAS CALLED!! GOTTA RUN...............................
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #203  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GET TO WORK YOU LAZY WENCH!!! ;tantrum:
HOWEVER WILL I GET A CHECK EVERY MONTH IF YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET OUT THERE AND WORK!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #204  

I have been down 10 lbs a few days in a row. So it must be real. 10 more to go to my lowest weight and then 27 to go til goal!!
My head is in vacation mode still. I need to make a list of business calls and emails. I have a list already from Dec 24th. Didn't return those calls. Need to fine tune my Ad for the magazine. Didn't write an article this month. Haven't written the church newletter either. Need to plan the school council meeting for the 8th too, agenda.
Been nurturing myself for most of the week. Way overdue, like 8 years overdue. Time to refocus on the things that matter most to me and work nurturing me into the master plan.
Baby steps, one foot in front of the other and all those, very true, cliches.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning every one.

Holly--Sorry to hear of your loss. And good for you to focus on yourself for awhile.

Mel- I'll ask the doc about some of the things I want to do during 2007 concerning the natural appoach to a healthy life style.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #206  

Morning, morning, morning.

Firstly Holly - so sad to hear of the loss of a good friend. Good friends are hard to come by and to lose one at such a young age is so sad. My thoughts go out to his family at this sad time.
By the way, congrats on the weight loss. Keep going, keep going.

Happy, Jackson Hole sprang to mind (as it does naturally) when trying to think of the name of a town somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I had no idea until I googled it that it was part of Yellowstone/ Grand Teton area. I just thought it was another small town in the middle of nowhere that I had heard of from other sources. Lovely picture of the skiruns and snowfields on the website.
Beef of any variety in Japan is expensive. It's their real treat. It is coming down in price as more imports come in, but the Kobe (Warega) beef is the creme de la creme according to the Japanese. It is tasty too. I had some at the Shabu Shabu place in Hiroshima all those years ago. And the olive you are thinking of is Kalamata. I wouldn't like the thought of a cross between a tomato and olive at all. That would mean my food had been interfered with genetically. This tomato, I suspect was a cross between the Black Russian variety and a normal red variety. The Black Russian is a bit pernickity about growing conditions. It's probably genetically modified as well but.......... you know what I mean.
I think you made a good decision on the homeowners thing - you haven't been happy with it for a while, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere and needs an injection of spirit by the sound of it. Wonder if it will survive?
Good luck with the return to work, the attitude is great.

Mel - Our attitudes this New Year seem to be quietly positive. I'm pleased about that because I think it beats the gungho - I'm going lose it - attitude that we have practised in the past. The only thing we seem to lose is that enthusiasm when nothing much happens for so long. Funnily enough we all seem to have it this year. I've noticed it in Holly as well. Just getting on with it.

Ceejay - good luck on the colonoscopy (sp?). Keeping the 'pipes' clean is the best way to beat the various ailments the intestines get. That means a healthy diet with lots of fresh food and less of the clogging stuff.

Watched some of Gerald Ford's funeral service this morning. I really felt for that poor woman. All those men droning on and on and on and she had to sit there through it all. How awful for her.

It's grey and overcast here this morning and sometime during the night we have had a nice shower of rain. Not enough to do a great deal of good to the garden really but any bit is good - right?

I see we have a cyclone (hurricane) off the coast of Western Australia. not a bad place to have a cyclone if we must have one. It's mostly uninhabited up there.

Went up to the Doctors yesterday. I've been keeping an eye on a brown spot on the side of my face. It's itchy and flaky and I had some suspicions about it. Comes and goes as well. Well yesterday when I woke up, it was very itchy and I think I must have scratched it in sleep. Anyway there was now a lump right next to the brown patch. Turns out to be an age spot. Well actually it has a name about the same length of the alphabet and ends in Keratosis, but it not the big C. After that I had a coffee with the DB2. Today, I go to the hairdresser to get the wig shorn and then to the DB1 to have a look at his computer which is doing some strange things apparently. I have no doubt it is the brother doing some strange things but I'd better have a look anyway. May have to have it looked at by our computer man if I can't get the thing doing the right thing.
And I have just realised that I have had a cup of coffee when the doc said to fast and go get the sugar test done this morning. Oh well tomorrow morning will have to do now. Poop.

With that, I am off to check out the weather and the garden. Catch you all later.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #207  
Choose your hard

Well it's busy time here at 3FC. We might occasionally slide down to page 2.

I was down 2.6 pounds at weigh in today very happy little bunny I was. That meant that watching myself over the holidays really paid off. I did yo yo for a while so that still only takes me almost 6 pounds down total since starting WW, but I am recommitted now. Believe it or now, I think the dairy really does help my weight loss efforts. And I picked up the wrong carton of milk yesterday. Picked up 1 percent (milkfat) instead of my usual 2 percent. I thought it would be yucky because we are far away from America's dairyland and I didn't much care for the milk here, much less taking one step closer to skim milk, but surprisingly it was pretty decent. I must be getting used to it. And I forgot to pick up a gallon to bring home with me from Chicago so that's probably good that I didn't get spoiled with the old stuff. DH also politely ignored my requests to stop and pick up a package of my favorite Italian Beef sandwiches to bring home with us. That's ok tho, I can order them via mail order in a flash freeze box :s - maybe as a birthday treat in April if I've been good.

I am inspired by Ceejays bike trek. One other person on the journals I think is shooting to walk 1,000 miles in 2007. Definitely something to contemplate...

I did get a call from the president of the homeowners association tonight wondering what was going on and what prompted my resignation. DH and I talked about it when I got home. I liked his thinking to step away for a bit, see what happens and if it appears that there is more involvement further on, we can always jump back in again. Then he said I'd have more free time to love him more. Sometimes he's just so darn cute

Kalamata - yep, that's it Shad. Not being an olive eater, I couldn't remember the exact name. I was wondering if we should take a ride east to the Great Smoky Mountains when you come out. I mean, there isn't near the things to do here like there were in Chicago. Graceland might be the highlight of the trip here - other than our smiling faces (me, DH and the cat - the hummingbirds should be back by then but they don't smile). I guess I'll have to do some checking of my own and see what's around here. Could be a scenic trip for us too.

I'm glad the spot on your face is not a serious issue. Never sure about those things, good thing that you got it checked out. Had to laugh about you blowing your fasting test with the coffee. I have to be super concious when I have to do the fast for cholesterol and blood sugar as I really need my morning coffee.

Who you calling a lazy wench Mel? Thanks for the morning laugh! I'll fix you, I'll post tonight so you can't nag me in the morning hahahahahahha.

Good luck with your test Ceejay - hope it goes quick and not too uncomfortable. You can lie to me and say it was nothing so I'll go get one too

I wanted to get up early and get some exercise in so I'd better sign off for the evening. Good night chicks...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #208  
Choose your hard

Hi Shad, peek-a-boo - I see you!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 AM   #209  

Oooooh, she's watching me!!!

Well done on the weightloss Happy. Little bits are as good as big bits. They all count, although 2.6 is not that little.

Glad she didn't get to see what I ate for dinner tonight.
Went out with the DB2, DNephew and DNiece and her new squeeze. Quite nice too!

Dinner tomorrow night with the DS2 since it is his 31st birthday. How did he get so old
Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #210  

I am looking and feeling all 41 of my years. The head cold is gone but with the warm temps there is much mold and stuff in the air so allergies are terrible. A late night for me and then I had trouble sleeping. Another death. Again relating to an old childhood friend. His father passed away yesterday. Again someone I was VERY close to when I was much younger.I have been in a space of thinking about those years, the people ,the places for a few days now. Nostalgic.
Yesterday was perfect. I adore my sister in law and brother in law and their 5 kids, who now all mostly teens and young adults. My 2 kids LOVE their big cousins. And their big cousins treat them like gold. My SIL and I went out for a 2 hour walk leaving all the kids at home. She made chili for supper. I brought a big bin of cookies and brownies.The she and I took her youngest 3 and my 2 to see Charlotte's Web. A well done movie. Didn’t get home til after 11pm. Hoping the kids will sleep in.
I had a very restless night. Odd dreams. Woke up a bunch. I can nap later today if needed.

HUGS!!!!