Old 12-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #166  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey Java - a happy and healthy New Year to you too!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Morning all, it's Friday!!!

I say that because I just looked it up on the calendar. How else do I know what day it is.

Meadow - good to hear all the food came together at the right time. Always a bonus. Seems smellie stuff was all the way round this Christmas. Still it is all good.

Suzi - Not sure I will be able to make these dates - to the Gold Coast Jan1 - 11th - I go back to Townsville on the evening of the 5th. I don't travel on the 1st since either I or the rest of the world are in no fit state to be on the road. The 2nd is the anniversary of my Dad's death and I am not at my best on this day. I am spending most of it with DB1 fixing his computer anyway. The 3rd is the hairdresser early - I may be able to manage something that day but won't know until later in the week. 4th is DS2's birthday and the 5th I am packing to go back, but the flight is not until later in the evening. I will ring you sometime soon to have a chat and see if we can arrange anything.
Sorry to hear that your little pride and joy has come to a sticky place. Must have been some hole you fell in. Maybe you needed my two engineers from Weipa to get you out of the sticky patch.
The passport saga is always a problem. We get ours done in NZ. It's faster and a darn sight cheaper. I send my expiring passport and new photos to my sister and she sends them to the Department of Infernal Affairs and then I get it back within the week. $80.00NZ. If I send it to Sydney, it costs me $120AUD and I don't get it back for at least two weeks. Who did you get to endorse the photos at that hour? Maybe if you go in person to Sydney it is quicker.

Holly - I know the feeling about the brain being non-constructive. Mine seems to have gone to mush this week. I'm having great difficulty with motivation I'm afraid.

Mel - good to talk yesterday. Think I *****ed just as much as you did. And we laughed somewhat about the absurdities of man and the human race. It's good to laugh eh?
Oh yes and talking about absurdities. The tfg was telling me before we left at Christmas that he was thinking of asking to be housed at Fawlty Towers since he felt that his present accommodation is sub-standard and he needs looking after better!

Ruth - so nice to hear from you again. Happy new year to you and hope that it holds some good things for you. You've had a tough year from what I have read on the Beach Chat threads. Don't be a stranger, come back and visit once in a while.

Madcat - how horrible that you have been so sick. I hope this bug goes away and stays away very, very soon. No prod for you. Soothing tisanes and compresses for our laid low at Christmas chick.

Ceejay - enjoy the quiet day at home. Nothing like them for soothing ragged nerves.

Hot Cup - good to hear from you again. How you doing? Come back and chat soon pluh - lease

Happy - Glad to have you back all safe and sound. How did the computer lessons go with Mum? Are you mentally okay too? I have to go give the DB1 some more lessons next week and fix the things he has clicked on and now does not know how to get rid of. Such fun.
Mothers always push food on you - My own was like:
Breakfast at 7.30
Morning Tea at 10.
Elevenses at 11
Lunch at 1.00pm
Afternoon tea at 3.00
Snack at 5.00
Dinner at 6.30
Supper between 8.00 and 9.00 and then hot cocoa or chocolate made with milk before bed. Ye gads. It's no wonder I am as I am.
Good to hear that you did not overindulge. I haven't overeaten but I'm not doing much since I haven't been feeling too good, we shall see when I get back.

Okay, the sun is shining and it is still rather cool, so I may just go out and dig around in the garden, mow the lawns and try to wear myself out. DS2 came round last night and woke me up from the soundest sleep I have had for a while. Mind you I was asleep in the chair watching some mindless tv from the back of my eyelids. DS1 got his Christmas parcel yesterday and rang to say thanks. That woke me up again. So today I will try to get on with things and not sleep in the sun. I need to go down to the hardware store to get some new clothes line wire/rope stuff - the old one has given up the ghost. I may even get myself a new hammock frame since the old one got all rusty and dangerous. Depends on what else I see down there.

Back later and may get the prod for Carla - she's disappeared again.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #168  
Suzi in Auz

Hello everyone. I am excited here because I lost a pound somewhere over the holidays. I think my body was in sympathy with 2 skinny people staying with me for 3 weeks...
Shad , never mind about the dates. I thought it might be a long shot. I hopefully will have a car up in the Gold Coast and i will definitely take my phone.

I have good news on the car. Westfield shopping management called me yesterday and asked me to put my request in writing. I have a feeling they investigated the "hole" and it was quite something. They might be prepared to pay for my excess. We will see although i won;t be holding my breath.

Happy...lovely to see you and I LOVE your new avatar. What a trip you had. It sounded nice, aren't Mum's weird, when you are small they tell you you are getting fat and when you are older they worry about you losing weight.
Hi ceejay, thanks for the thoughts.
Mel ... Stepmothers...hmmm.
How nice to have a friend lighten the load with a phone call and well done on losing some lbs.

Holly...you need more than a few moments for you. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles with DH but it sounds as though you have made yourself known. Hopefully things will look brighter in the NY.

Madcat..I am sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope you feel better soon.

Ok better go as DD is waiting for me to go shopping.

Love to you
Sue
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #169  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HELLO TO MADCAT AND HOPE YOU FEEL BETER
I PROMISE NOT TO HURT YOU WHILE YOU FEEL UNWELL

THIS A QUICK NOTE. CANNOT REALLY READ WELL. THE RIGHT EYE TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE TODAY AND IS GLUING ITSELF SHUT!! ALREADY STARTED THE SECOND DOSE OF STEROIDS AND MIGHT NOT BE BACK FOR A FEW DAYS. JEN TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE ALSO. RICHIE IS SICK TOO. LOOKS LIKE THE 2 OF THEM HAVE A VIRUS OF SOME KIND OR FOOD PROBLEM. I AM NOT SICK SO WE'RE NOT SURE WHAT IS WRONG.
I'LL SEE ABOUT COMING BACK HERE BEFORE NY'S EVE BUT I WANT TO WISH ALL OF YOU THE BEST NEW YEAR'S POSSIBLE!! LOTS OF HAPPINESS AND GOOD HEALTH.
I AM SPENDING MINE WITH THE GRANDSON. I'LL HAVE TO GET SOME HATS AND NOISEMAKERS FOR THE TWO OF US
LOVE AND MANY HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:32 AM   #170  
Suzi in Auz

Oh melly...hope your eye is feeling better soon. Best wishes to you also. I hope Jen and Richie feel better..poor dears.
Am up late browsing, much love to all

Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Fell better soon.When I had allergies that would swell my eyes shut my momo would lay a warm wash cloth over it. Hope you, Jen and Richie get better soon. Don't want sickness in the New Year.

Suzi--It would be great if the shopping management could help pay for the damage to your car.

Hello to the rest. The first load of clothes are done and now I can get ready for the day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #172  
Choose your hard

Hey there everyone,

Ceejay - you are just a peddling maniac there. 234 miles (I might be off a bit - can't see your signature right now) but that's IMPRESSIVE!!!!. You go woman!

Aw Mel so sorry to hear that the peepers are giving you trouble again and that everyone is feeling down and under the weather. Not a great way to ring in the new year. Get your rest, drink warm stuff and get better soon. We will miss you while you are gone. And don't go getting anything too noisy or the grandson will get all skinny and scared But I CAN see the two of you with party hats.

Suzi, good to hear that you will get some recovery from the accident. Sounds like a big enough hole where someone could have been seriously injured - not just a banged up car. I had to laugh at your comment about losing a pound by association with skinny people It only it was that easy, eh? One girl I worked with said her body was a magnet that attracted all the extra calories off the skinny girls.

To those who commented on my avatar - thank you. This looks a lot like our kitty "Boo". At least what she might have looked like as a wee kitten. The frogs head hat just tops off that adorable face.

Hi Shad, sounds like you are enjoying your time at home. Isn't it nice to walk into a front door that works and not have to check your rooms for broken objects - of course you have to clean said rooms yourself. Oh wait, weren't you asked to dry the linens and make up your bed yourself? So what's different As it turns out we did not have to give mum computer lessons. She signed up for a very cheap internet service and you get what you pay for. DH could not get her connected, customer service does not operate on the weekends and when they are available support is $2US per minute. Mum said she'd check into another service which my nephew can get set up for her. Really, I think it's more money than she'd be willing to spend, even to get America Online (AOL) - one of the most popular services. So the big computer sits on her desk holding the room down. DH put the old one out in the alley by the trash bins (after first removing the hard drives which we took with us). Mum was having a fit when I stupidly pointed out that the monitor and useless CPU made their way into the yard of the next door neighbors whom she despises. I told her that 1) without a drive the computer was useless and no one was going to buy a hard drive and 2) if you put something at the trash it is fair game for whomever wanted to pick it up. Said she might find it in the middle of her garage door days later when they figure out it's of no use. She kept grumbling that she should have broken the glass on the monitor anyway... Had I known she would have gotten so worked up I would have fibbed and said that DH cut off the end of the power cord.

I had to smile at your comment about having to look at the calendar to see what day it was. I thought the same thing. It happens when we get out of our routines. We go back to work Tuesday and have another holiday 2 weeks later but then it's a long dry stretch until May for another "free day" off - free as in not having to use our precious vacation days. Before we know it tho spring will be around the corner. Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went fast this year. DH was remarking this morning that it's hard to believe that it's going on the year 2007 already. I can still remember sitting with a glass of wine by myself ringing in the new millenium - DH had to be at work as all of us in I.T. were waiting for the computer world to end with the Y2K bug. Doesn't seem like that was 7 years ago.

I admit to falling into old habits last night. I needed to do some grocery shopping and stopped by the video store. I wanted to see "The Devil Wears Prada" and it's one of the hottest rentals so all 20 copies were out every time I checked at the video store on the weekends. As it was yesterday on a Thursday I got the last copy available. As a tribute to Mel, I also picked up Bing Crosby's classic - "The Bells of St. Mary's". Got home around 6pm, made dinner, picked up a bit, talked to DH and started to watch movies at 9pm. Yes, I did make a small bag of popcorn I watched both movies, trolled a bit on the internet and didn't get to bed until 3am. I woke up at 7 and woke up poor DH who had to work today and promptly went back to sleep. DH woke me at 10:30 He sort of figured I had gone to bed really late. So I pretty much blew away half of today. I still have to unpack and do the laundry. I would also like to get up to the 3rd floor and pack up some of the Christmas stuff I have strewn about the room. Not ready to take down all my decorations yet - will leave that for next weekend when I prep for the next book club meeting. But I did leave pick through the boxes this year, selecting a few items to decorate and leaving the rest all around the floor. Bad girl that I am.

Best get busy here then. Get well wishes to Mel, Jen, Ritchie, Madcat and Holly.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #173  

Had a lovely siesta. I am doing so much better at letting myself not do anything once in a while. The kids and I ARE on holidays after all. And any holdiay in the last 6 years has involved 5-9 kids in the house.
The kids were great shopping. I was surprised but happy . It was enjoyable.
Hardly any emails or phone calls this week. No pressing engagments til next week. No plans for New Years.No desire to do much of anything. I am looking to using my down time in January to paint DD's room and the livingroom. Both will need quite a bit of repair work. And strip the stairs for refinishing. Photo albums. Right now tho I am just on hols.

HUGs to Mel and family!

HI Happy!, Ceejay!, Suzi!

LindaT was in commenting in some journals and it would appear she brought a cold home with her from the east. HUGS to LindaT!!!!

HUGS!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #174  

Somehow i missed Shad's whole post......Definitely having brain non function issues. HUGS!!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #175  
Happy September

WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING
YOU WERE ON MY MIIIINNNNNDD
YOU WERE ON MY MIND........LA LA LA

I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT WHEN I WOKE UP I COULD ACTUALLY READ THE LED CLOCK. BLURRY BUT I KENW IT WAS 7:24 IN FACT NOT MUCH BLURRIER THAN USUAL. I'M NOT CURED BUT I THINK I CAUGHT IT IN TIME.
I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING A LOT AND THEY HEAL SO MUCH FASTER THAT WAY. ALSO "WATCHING" TV WITH THE EYES CLOSED AND STICKING TO THE EYE CARE REGIMEN.
ONCE YOU START THE DROPS YOU HAVE TO FINISH THE WEEK OUT. I'LL JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE PC AND LET THE KIDS HAVE AT IT I KNOW THEY SECRETLY LOVE WHEN I CANNOT USE IT! GOING TO KEEP THIS SHORT.

HOTCUP~ WELL HELLO MISS JAVA TURTLE! SO NICE OF YOU TO POKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR SHELL AND SAY HELLO!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALSO!!!

HOLLY~ FEEL BETTER SOON!

MADCAT~ HOPE YOU ARE ALSO FEELING BETTER.
LOVE THE CHRISTMAS KITTY. VERY CUTE AND CRACKED ME UP!!

HAPPY~ home!!! VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU AND THE DH RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND!! EVERYTHING ABOUT MOM CRACKED ME UP TOO!! ESPECIALLY THE FOOD AND NEIGHBORS!!! I WOULD HAVE SMASHED THE SCREEN TOO!!! AOL IS COSTING ME 9.95 A MONTH NOW AND THAT IS WITH THE SECURITY INCLUDED...SUCH AS IT IS. I THINK THE SECURITY IS A SEPARATE DOWNLOAD. IT WAS FOR ME. BUT I HAD AN OLD AOL 9.0 AND NOT THE 9.0SE EDITION. THE ORIGINAL 20+ DOLLAR PLAN HAS OTHER OPTIONS. THEY GAVE ME A CHOICE OF DOWNSIZING AND I TOOK IT. I DIDN'T NEED THE OTHER OPTIONS.

SHAD~ HAPPY IS RIGHT. SHEET CHANGING SEEMS TO BE IN YOUR CARDS! I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME REACQUAINTING YOURSELF WITH YOUR NEW RED DOOR! AND YOUR GARDEN WEEDS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT NEEDED YOUR EXPERTISE!! ENJOY THE TIME HOME!

CEEJAY~ AS IT SEEMS MY WASH IS NOT GETTING DONE HERE, I AM SENDING IT ALL TO YOU SO EXPECT A RATHER LARGE BUNDLE!!! I AM USING HOT COMPRESSES. THAT IS PART OF THE TREATMENT...WISH I HAD A MOM RIGHT NOW THAT WOULD TAKE CARE OF ME!!!

TO SUZI AND CARLA AND SENDING GET WELL THOUGHTS TO THEIR CARS!!!

GOT TO GO. TEARS ARE FLOWING. BEEN HERE A TAD TOO LONG.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #176  
Happy September

PS~ HAPPY, THAT FROG HEADED CAT REMINDS ME OF YOUR POOL EXPERIENCE! ;rofl:
Old 12-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #177  
Choose your hard

Mornin chicks,

Even tho I got to bed late (2am instead of 3), I woke up naturally at 7:20 and decided to get up. I had asked DH to wake me by 8:30 just in case I tried to snooze the morning away again. It's gray and cloudy and the air is heavy and cool and wet. We're supposed to get quite a bit of rain today and from the looks of the radar, it's right on our doorstep. Even the birds are hiding it seems.

Good day to stay inside and tackle that mountain of laundry I have. I also have the health care claim to finish for the year. Figured out that we had enough bills to make our contribution for the year - if we were short it would have meant a trip to the optician to get some new glasses to use up the last of the money but it looks at this point like that can wait until next year. Neither of us were too excited about going to the optician at the mall although by now I would hope the after Christmas crowd has wound down and it's back to the usual typical chaotic shoppers at the mall.

Glad to hear your eyes are improving a bit Mel. I guess the trick it to catch it early as you say. Hard to "listen" to TV, I always want to peek when it sounds exciting. Rest up and get better. I'd send my mom to look after you but she'd probably feed you all the wrong stuff and she's not gung ho on flying at the moment.

Guess everyone else here is sleeping in this morning so I'll be on my way.

Shad, do you have any idea if you are thinking of coming to visit in 2007? I would need to set aside some vacation time if so. DH too since he is the chauffer as you know. No problem for him as he gets 5 weeks of vacation and doesn't know what to do with it all anyway.

Madcat, DH was also asking if you were able to get a picture of the guitar yet. No hurry. Hope you are feeling better today.

Ok, the washer calls me... have a good Saturday ladies.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #178  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Short post today, I have a lot of things to do in the garden and it seems that 'the get up and go that got up and went' has returned. I'd better get out there before it takes off again.

Yesterday, I weeded and dug and pruned and actually poisoned a posse of weeds. Sometimes you just have to do it. I've lost all my Kurume Azaleas thanks to the drought and everything is looking fairly ordinary. So today will be a bit more prune, fertilizer in the rose garden, a good water and some mulch. DS2 came around and reduced several plants to sticks and made short work of the tree I had been sawing by hand. There is piles of junk all voer the front yard so I'd best clean them up today as well. The clothesline gave up the ghost and now needs new string stuff - the line on the clothes line broke. And at some stage I might take a stab at trimming the hedge as well.
I've invited some old friends (old as in I've known them for years) to dinner on New Years Day so I'd btter do some shopping as well since there will be no shops open tomorrow. I don't believe tomorrow will be 2007!

Happy - should it come to pass and I'm hoping like heck here, I will be in the States Mid May to early June and stay around 4 weeks I think. I've told my agent that I want this trip at this time, so hopefully he will remember. I've downloaded a map of USA and Canada and will start planning the best routes to what and who I want to see soon. I'll have to get a travel guide to tell me the best places to go, although mostly I find that although it takes some time to winkle the information from the natives of the area, they are the people who know places most worth viewing off the tourist trails. Once I have more or less mapped the route, then I will make bookings. You'll be the first to know.

Morning to Holly and Ceejay.
Mel I am so glad to hear that the eye is not too bad at this time. Happy healing.

Gotta go before it gets to hot. Now where DID I put that insect repellent?

Last edited by Shad; 12-30-2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: 'cos I can
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #179  

Shad-Ruth and I can easily meet you at Madcats. Right in the middle for both of us!!
Carla is close too.An exciting thot to get together.Yippee!!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #180  
Smackin' into a Wall

Default Happy New Year's Eve Eve...

Oy, I have had better days. Just before Christmas DH received his new computer and I took his old machine as mine since it is is faster, bigger, etc. But I kept getting an issue with Windows Explorer crashing... DH suggested using the Windows disk to do a repair... which lead to a problem with the install which caused new problems and required a complete reinstall where I couldn't find the proper disks and it has taken all day and, really, I just generally hate computers some days. Arggg! On interesting note, since I can't find the darn MSOffice disks, I ended up installing OpenOffice (it's free and open source) so I have a new toy to play with. I'm still sick but at least it has morphed from skull crunching pain to a hacking cough. My back hurts and I'm really tired and this is an improvement. You can imagine I was less than happy to have to 'puter wrangle today.

Shad ~ I'm with Holly. If you include Ontario/ Toronto area in your trip we will have to arrange a group meeting. I'd even offer you a roof to sleep under if it wasn't for the fact that no one should have to sleep on our loveseat (midgets excluded). I'm also having problems believing this year is almost over. OK, where did it go? Dinner with old friends seem like a great way to start a year. BTW I am really waiting to see how the twit deals with Faulty Towers.

Happy~ the Avatar is really cute. Welcome back. I am with you about getting up at a reasonable hour even during holidays. The day always seems to slip away so quickly if I spend the morning sleeping. Unfortunately a few family things got in the way of getting a picture of the guitar before my Mom took off for Florida. I'm going to have to wait until she comes back before I can get them now.

Mel ~ Sorry your eyes are acting up again. You are doing the right things to look after them I see. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

Holly ~ Enjoy that vacation time. How nice to not have a crowd around you and to have spare time.

Ceejay ~ Wow, you are making some mileage there. Are you going to reset for 2007?

Suzi~ Your poor car but good news that the store is going to do something with any luck. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that we have out first door ding. DH is pretty sure it probably happened in his work parking lot. It is heartbreaking and I felt really bad.

OK, I have to wander off and make some dinner. I have been feeling a bit down for the last month or so probably due to stress and various physical problems... but it just occurred to me that if I put my mind to it I could be under 160 lbs by my anniversary trip. That could be a good motivator.

Hi to Ruth and to Java (lovely to see you both stop by). Waves to Painter and Meadow and Carla and everyone else. I'll try to make it here a bit more often now that I am on the mend (sort of)
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote