Old 12-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #106  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Madcat - Plantar Fasciitis - ugh, had it, very painful. Also frustrating because it vastly limits the exercise which is exactly what you want to do for weight loss. I've heard a trick from a few people who swear by this...

Take a soup can (or something about the circumference of a soda can (but not so fizzy as I will not be responsible for the cleaning bill from a jiggled up can of Coca Cola!) and put it on the floor. Roll your foot (stockinged or bare) back and forth over the can. It's supposed to both stretch and massage the tight tendons. You can even do this at work and smile discretely as people walk by and have no idea what you're doing I do some foot stretches in the shower I learned in physical therapy. Hope you feel better soon - that is a pistol to deal with. Good to hear you have most of the shopping done - that will save wear and tear on the sore feets.

No, I haven't started sneaking things to the car but I have started umm. "strategically packing"

Shad, are you enjoying your weekend?

Back to my wrapping...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:49 AM   #107  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I'm shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My chequer tolled me sew.

You gotta just love that poem. Nothing to do with Christmas but hey, I'm different.

1000 days smoke free That has to be the best thing ever. Nearly 3 years. Wonderful, wonderful achievement.
Hope those sneezies go away and soon, but then again it's something else you can stash in the truck just to annoy the DH. Tissues, Ease a cold, ease a flu, ease a sinus. Take all three, who knows what is wrong!!!!

Madcat - Christmas dinner as celebrated by those of us downunder is usually fairly simple. Gone are the days where Mum used to slave over a hot stove while the blokes were boozing up out the back.
Main food buys are:
Seafood, especially prawns
Salads,
Turkey for the traditionalists but often served cold or buffet style
Fresh fruit and vegs in salads
Ice cream and trifles
Too much cake, fruit mince pies, cheese platters
Every variety of booze in copious quantities
BBq, BBq, BBq. Can't get enough of those. So steak, burgers, sausages (otherwise known as snags), lamb chops and chicken whatevers.

This year we are having breakfast. So it will be a late morning of bacon, eggs, tomatoes, fresh fruit, DB2 has a chicken on offer. Toasted anything that can be toasted and a few champagne ticklers. We won't starve.
DS2 is going out to his partners parents folk for the rest of the day. I think we will do alright or maybe even too much (again). We'll be on the phone to NZ for sometime as well.
We will eat out in the sunshine or if it is too hot under the shade (of the old poinciana tree) and with a bit of luck it will be siesta time under the tree as well. Hammock out, time for a bit of zzzzzzzzzzz. The weather forecasters predicted some rain for Christmas day. Ha Ha Ha, they are so rarely right it is a joke.

Mel - How about we take a look at either 26th, 27th, or 28th. Maybe not the 26th as my 26th will be your 25th and phones are always crazy on those days. Usual times - your 3 or 4pm and my 6.am.
I'm home until the 5th if these dates are no good. I'm not good for the 2nd (anniversary of death of father - I'll be *****ing) or the 4th (birthday of DS2).

Anyway, gotta go again. Sorry for those I haven't yet got around to. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:59 AM   #108  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MISS MADCAT IS ALL DECKED OUT IN HER XMASSY FINERY!! HELLO WOMAN!! THOUGHT YOU AND THE DH TOOK A WRONG TURN IN THE CAR!! GOOD TO SEE YOU AND SORRY ABOUT THE FOOT HOPE IT GETS SORTED OUT. YOU JUST REMINDED ME THAT I DIDN'T FINISH WRAPPING. FORGOT JEN AND RICHIE. ROFL

HAPPY~ STRATEGICALLY PACKING!!
YOU'RE CRACKING ME UP NOW!!! GOOD FOR MOM AND I THINK ONCE SHE GETS STARTED SHE'LL BE LIKE ME!! IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD OUT THERE. JUST REMEMBER TO WARN HER ABOUT THE CRAZIES IN A CHAT ROOM!!!! JEN TOLD ME ABOUT THEM. GOOD THING TOO CAUSE ON POGO....THERE ARE QUITE A FEW!!

CEEJAY~ WOW! NEVER HEARD OF THAT GIFT. IT FIGURES!!! RICHIE'S KIDS COME UP WITH SOME LULUS TOO....THE HARD TO FIND STUFF OR THE TOO POPULAR,JUST RAN OUT STUFF. SIGH. KIDS. GOOD LUCK. A GIFT CARD IS NICE ESPECIALLY WHEN IT MIGHT BE BETTER AVAILABLE NEAR HER.

I AM A WEE BIT TIRED. I ALSO AM NOT GOING TO BE DELIVERING POINSETTIAS THIS MORNING OR TOMORROW EITHER FOR THAT MATTER. EYES ARE BAD ENOUGH WITHOUT THE DREADED YELLOW POLLEN. JEN AND I HAVE BOTH DECIDED TO GIVE FLOWERS A MISS FROM N OW ON AND DONATE THEM TO THE COMMUNITY ROOM WHEN THEY COME OUR WAY. THINK I WILL DO A BIT MORE WRAPPING AND MAYBE FINISH IT ALL. THEN I AM FREE AS A BIRD TILL CHRISTMAS!!
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #109  
Choose your hard

We needed another song, nothing like Burl Ives to get you going along...

Have a holly jolly Christmas
It's the best time of the year
Well I don't know if there'll be snow
But have a cup of cheer

And when you walk down the street
Say hello to friends you know
And everyone you meet

Ho ho the mistletoe
Hung where you can see
Somebody waits for you
Kiss her once for me

And in case you didn't hear
Oh bygolly have a holly jolly Christmas
This year

And when you walk down the street
Say hello to friends you know
And everyone you meet

And in case you didn't hear
Oh bygolly have a holly jolly Christmas
This year
Old 12-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #110  
Choose your hard

Rest up Mel!

It took me until 2am but I am done with wrapping. All cards are out. All decorations are posted. Going to make a loaf of raisin bread for Mom on Thursday and a coffee cake tomorrow. I have 2 desserts for Christmas which I will make at Mom's on Saturday - definite advantages to staying at a house as opposed to a hotel.

I started to set aside some clothes I want to take with me so I've technically started packing. I am not feeling stressed. I don't think this has EVER happened to me before. I hope I'm not jinxing it.

Weigh in is in 20 minutes. I have gained one pound and I am wearing heavier than my regular weigh in clothes today. I hope the results are not too disastorous...

I had a big latte but did not touch the big tin of sinfully rich Christmas cookies.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Doing a major clean of the files today at work. I'm ready to start and finish tomorrow.

Madcat-- Hello. Plantars Faciscitis is what I had when the good Podiatrist did surgery. It can be very painful.

Back later. Need to do some cleaning here at work from the mess I've made.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #112  
Radiate self!

Default Merry Christmas Everybody!!

So far my Christmas baking has been two Dundee cakes and one pan of English Toffee bars. The dundee cake needs less candied cherries (will note for next time) The English toffee bars needed to be mixed with the mixer as my hand mixing didn't blend enough to make it fluffy. Oh well, my next attempt at baking will be the wine tart. Nod to my mom's Nowegian side of the family, just not Christmas without the Vina tarta

Happy-safe trip to visit your family I hope they have lots of Christmas decorations up and it all feels really cozy and warm. Merry Christmas

Mel-I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is struggling. I can understand why you got so angry with the secrets. Don't they understand how much anxiety that causes? You take care of yourself. I hope the party is great, will you be wearing a halo of garland? brooch of mistletoe? Red lipstick of course Wear a scuba mask decorated with holly to protect your eyes and nose from the pollen of the poinsettias. Or a Christmas fabric bandana, protect your sensitive self

Joy-eeek! I think the maintenance crew of your temporary accomidation will be getting a pink slip for Christmas Doesn't sound like they have much on the ball. How long did it take them to fix the entry gate? Is the airconditioning on a promise? Clever you, bending the big cheese about it. Nothing like having the ear of power I hope you and you family have a lovely Christmas breakfast together. Will it be those huge shrimp/prawns on the bbQ? Roasted peppers? corn? garlic bread? :slurp:

Ceejay-12 dancing princesses is a game? never heard of it. My kids are getting Mermadia dolls from their Nanny and Grampy, I got to help pick them out. My kids love anything that can go in the bathtub and the changing hair colour is a plus

Madcat-Ouch on the foot pain. Fingers crossed you get an appointment via a cancellation to see the doc and get some relief. I hope your Christmas stays stress free.

Holly, Suzi, Tig, Teel, Linus, PainterWoman, Carla, LindaT, Rose, Lisa, RavenToy, JavaTurtle, Ruthxxx, Jennifer, Honeydipped Merry Christmas you chicks of the world, you goddesses of the Galaxy

*My oldest daughter's favourite Christmas song
Paul McCartney and Wings

Wonderful Christmas Time

The mood is right
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The party's on
The feeling's here
That only comes
This time of year

The choir of children sing their song
They practiced all year long
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong

The word is out
About the town
To lift a glass
Ahhh don't look down

The choir of children sing their song
They practiced all year long
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong

The party's on
The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

The mood is right
The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Ohhhhhhhhh
Christmas time
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #113  

Morning all.
Everyone is changing their avatars to be Christmassy. Goodonya!.
I'll just put a picture up and leave the avatar alone I think for the moment.
Having a fun time in the office right now. One of our co-workers (male) has just broken up with his boyfriend (also male) I feel sorry for him, it hurts no matter what you are, but the fact is I have to go outside every so often to stop myself from laughing. Gotta be seen to be believed.
We have 3 days to get through and then it is holiday time for 2 weeks. I'm flying home on the 24th and DS2 will pick me up and I will take the car on home after he been taken to work. He is having a few problems with the g/f and finance. No doubt I will be bought up to date about it all. His father threw a wobbly since no one informed him of K (g/f) exam results. Consequently he got told to lay off the guilt trips and now relationships are strained there as well. Welcome to my family - no one said we were perfect

I think Happy might be a bit stressed - or she's having us on. Where did you post the decorations to may I ask? Go on, get in there, pack up the kitchen sink and the Wedgewood dinner service!

Rest up Mel, you might need it for our telephone conversation. I'm done with shopping. Gift vouchers all around this year, I'm afraid. Still even that costs money.

Madcat - all organised. Yahoo!! I'm impressed.

Ceejay sounds like shes on a roll with the filing and clearing as well.

Gotta go, boss is come in and she wants to chat. She's having a 50th birthday on Christmas Day and she will be on a cruise around Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand with her husband and three sisters and their husbands.

Nearly forgot the pic and I see Meadow has snuck in while I was thinking. Morning Meadow. Aircon still u/s and door is fixed but as yet no keys issued. However the emergency exit door that none of us used to be able to open is now permanently open - progress of a sort - sideways anyway.

Last edited by Shad; 12-19-2006 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Forgot the pic and Meadow got in before me.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #114  

No time to catch up tonight but zooming by with hugs for all!!!

What a busy, yet delightful day. I do love physical work. Lots of lifting, up and and down stairs etc
I dont like the city traffic at 5pm tho. AGR!! DS and DD went to a sitter for the 2nd time in their lives. They enjoyed it. I picked up Subway for supper. I just had to fire off an email to boss/freind with Stats for her to take to a meeting at 6:30.

And later this evening.....I have 8 out of 96 orders still sitting here. Just delivered 7. About 10 last minute orders being delivered on Friday.I will need to sort and pack them and get them out on Sat.
Stopped in to see our hockey coach. He was in hospital with a kidney stone. Home now waiting for it to pass. OUCH!
Picked up Merken’s chocolate to make chocolates with the kids tomorrow. We “paint” on the designs with red and green and white and fill with milk chocolate. Cute. We have snowmen, deer, Santas, boxes with bows, candy canes.

I am just about pooped out. Been going steady since 7am. Only 13 hours. Stopped for lunch for 15 min at 1:30 and supper for 20 min at 5:30.
Still have last nights supper dishes sitting hererasberry and laundry to fold. Will do that after the kids go to bed. Which is in 10 min. Hockey is on right now.
Maybe there is a good mushy movie on.
Puttering at home tomorrow. Orders to deliver and then the kids Christmas concert is tomorrow night.
Best go get these monkeys to brush their teeth.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #115  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOLLY IS OUT THERE DELIVERING HER ORDERS.....WONDER IF IT'S IN A SLEIGH?!?!

HAPPY IS HAPPILY PACKING AND HOPING THE DH DOESN'T NOTICE HOW FAT THE SUITCASES ARE LOOKING AND THAT EXTRA BOX SHE IS TRING TO HID IN THE BACK ON THE FLOOR! HOPE THE WEIGH-IN WASN'T TOO BAD. WE HAVE JANUARY!!!

MEADOW HAS GREATLY ENTERTAINED ME THIS MORNING WITH THE KITTY AND SNO-GLOBE. I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR HOW THE WINE TART FINISHES UP. DON'T BE SAMPLING THE VINO BEFOREHAND!!! IT MIGHT HAVE AN EFFECT ON THE TART'S OUTCOME!!!
I'VE SEEN WINE TARTS BEFORE BUT THEY ARE USUALLY TEO LEGGED AND WEAR SKIRTS

SHAD HAS DECORATED US AS WELL AND IS ALSO PACKING AND CANNOT WAIT TO GET HOME AND PUT HER HANDS AROUND THE EX'S NECK....
BUT NOT LOVINGLY I AM THINKING!!!
I CAN SEE WE WILL HAVE LOTS TO TALK ABOUT....I AM RESTING UP!!

CEEJAY IS CLEANING AND GETTING HER FLYLADY STUFF DONE AHEAD OF TIME!! GOOD FOR YOU. I SHOULD BE FOLLOWING HER EXAMPLE!!!

I CALLED IN SICK. STUFFED UP AND I NEED TO ATTEND TO MYSELF SO I CAN ATTEND THE PARTY TOMORROW. THERE IS NO WAY I CAN BE NEAR THESE PLANTS RIGHT NOW. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF MEDS AND AM HOLDING MY OWN RIGHT NOW. WE HAVE A 1/2 DAY FRIDAY AND THEN NO OFFICE TILL TUESDAY. I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE TUES OFF TOO!!! A MELIDAY!!!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURS!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #116  
Choose your hard

Good mornin'

I had a very productive evening last night. I have been making some lists of things I wanted to have accomplished this week - certain tasks for certain days and it is helping to keep me focused and organized. So yesterday after I finished work for the day, I started my second "job". Made dinner, gave DH a haircut, vacumned and mopped the floors, emptied out and cleaned both refrigerators of wilty stuff that would not keep until we returned. I did 2 loads of laundry and even went through 4 boxes in the garage, tossing most of the stuff. Sometimes I did try to just shuffle the stuff from one place to the next, but I stopped and questioned - did I REALLY need to keep this stuff? Mostly it was no so I tossed it before I gave it too much thought. This leaves more room for DH to stow one car in the garage. I swear no one parks their cars in the garage down here, they all seem to use the garage as extra storage. But it felt good to get so much done. I'm really liking Christmas this year - it's way better without the stress of trying to get everything done at once and running out of time. I do feel a tinge at not having the big tree up, especially when I see other neighbors' trees in their windows, but the feeling passes

Ha ha, you're funny Mel - was sneaking that extra box into the car THAT obvious or are you peeking at me? Rest up lady so you can be the bell of the party! You work too hard during the year to miss out on some of the fun at the end. I agree with you on having Tuesday off. Having to go back to work the day after Christmas ranks as one of my all time unfavorite, kick the wall, make a big pout, drag your feet things to do. I hope you get your resistance all stoked up for tomorrow.

Hugs to busy, busy Holly.

Ha ha Shad, I didn't understand what you meant about "posting decorations" but I went back and I could see I was babbling. Should have been "decorations are now on display" Sounds like the family can't wait for you to get home and help them get their lives back on track again! I think you will be quite busy while you are home. I can imagine the "drama" of your heartbroken co-worker. You are right tho, tis a bad time of year for any kind of bad thing to happen. Although the bosses cruise sounds like fun - particularly when there's a group to share it with. So you have to wait until Christmas eve to come home? Why can't you leave on Saturday? Surely there's no work to be done - or people who's minds are interested in the finer points of SAP? Must be that the flights are either booked up or horrendously expensive. In any case, you'll be home before you know it And unlike Fawlty Towers (which I did not get the reference too because I don't watch BBC) - things will at least work in your place!

CeeJay - hope you got your filing done. Come the end of the year I always get the urge to do the old sort, toss and organized myself.

Meadow, the 12 Princesses is a popular Christmas Barbie item - from an old fairy tale about 12 princesses who stole into the night and danced until they wore their shoes out. I got one of the Barbie dolls for my great-niece this year. I absolutely loved your description of Mel's party outfit - red lipstick and all! You are quite talented with a pen and words - such a colorful picture you paint and since we think in pictures they say, it gave me a good laugh! And a Merry Christmas to you too! The McCartney song is one of my favorities. The perfect sing a long song.

And since we're singing, let's go down in the basement, dig through mom's old swishy party dresses and fancy hats. Put on your dancing shoes and join me...

"The Christmas Waltz"
Frosted windowpanes
Candles gleaming inside
Painted candy canes on the tree
Santa's on his way
He's filled his sleigh with things
Things for you and me

It's that time of year
When the world falls in love
Ev'ry song you hear seems to say
Merry Christmas
May your New Year dreams come true
And this song of mine
In three-quarter time
Wishes you and yours
The same thing too

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-20-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #117  

Morning all,
Again this will be short and sweet. We have a new keeper of the $$$ project manager. He is weilding axes and has his eye on the training team which he thinks is too big, non productive, and talks a lot. Won't go into a lot of details but we should not be seen to be on the 'net, we should get our heads down etc.etc.etc. However what he has just been made aware of, is that the system is not stable, we can't get information from the business people often and no one wants to give us too much information in case we take over their jobs etc. etc. To anyone who has ever been on a project this should sound familiar. I think he would like to get rid of my two chickies. However they will be very useful to us later in the project.

Good onya Holly, lots of physical work will get you in the mood for Christmas Dinner. We are having Christmas late breakfast/brunch/lunch call it what you will. DB2 is out buying the 'vittles', DS2 is looking for the champagne and nibbles. I might just not have anything to do yet!!! Don't that beat all.

Mel, rest up. Life is not dashing from one place to another causing one crisis or another or fixing the said crisis. It is not your fault that the witches don't plan and organise. Stuff it lady, you've got more age than most of them - don't get grotty about this it is a fact! and you have disabilities. You simply can not keep up as they do or at least should.

Happy, have you snuck that parcel into the back seat? or under it. It is amazing how much you can actually push under the seats you know. Don't try this with perishables! You may forget to remove some of them!!

Okay, alloted time is gone. No time for reading anything much. I'll be back asap.

Last edited by Shad; 12-20-2006 at 05:32 PM. Reason: I forgot
Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM   #118  
Radiate self!

Default Happy Christmas prelude

Our Christmas tree has been usurped by my youngest daughter and her plushie spider monkey. The paper garland has become a vine, there is a nest at the top of the tree below the star, fallen needles are in bowl designated as "the food" and various other stuffed wild friends lurk in the undergrowth. Our tree is her personal jungle. I don't have any glass/breakable ornaments on the tree, as the spider monkey tends to jump, slide, swing through every branch Ho, Ho, Ho Tropical Christmas time!

Shad, watch out for the big wigs

Happy, I hope you fit everything in the vehicle. Blanket coverings are extremely useful when you want to bring extra, those blue rubbermaid tubs are fun too :clap: well done on your organizing and master plan!

Mel, make sure you take your vitamins and keep that immune system of yours healthy. Do you have some of that antibacterial hand gel? I think you should use it discretely during the party tomorrow, not that they aren't fine folks, but you don't know where they've been Wine tart is an 8 layer cake with prune filling between the layers. I put Grand Marnier in with the prune jam stuff but there really isn't any "wine" per se in the mix. It is extremely yummy and my entire family adores it.

Holly, wow, it must be frantic trying to get everybody's orders to them. I bet there is many presents involved, Avon has the best stocking stuffers. I hope the chocolate making is as fun as it sounds, I see finger licking fun in your future

Last edited by Meadow; 12-20-2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: balance=animation bookends ;)
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:24 AM   #119  
Choose your hard

Good morning,

This is probably going to be my last post for a while. We are leaving tomorrow morning and I'm sure we will be rushing about trying to get out the door so I won't have much computer time. We are taking my old computer to my mother's house, but I have no idea how well her dial up connection is going to work so I might check in but can't guarantee it.

So, I did wish each and every one of you - friends and lurkers alike - a very Merry Christmas - may your days be merry and bright. Take the time to enjoy the holiday for what it was intended, don't get yourselves in a fuss over the things that don't really matter. For all of us who may be travelling - safe and speedy travels.

Meadow - a jungle Christmas tree. Now that's a novel idea! Sounds like you have everything under control at your house.

Shad, I hope Mr. Scrooge does now whack off part of your team. Never enough money for proper training but always enough to waste doing things the wrong way over and over, isn't it? Never fails to amaze me... enjoy your time off at home.

Mel, enjoy your party but don't go taking all the world's troubles unto your shoulders.

Merry Christmas to the worldly chicks, will talk to you when I get back next week before the new year begins.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Hi mel--your egg light is on.

Slept on the couch last night, just meant to be a couch potato and watch tv for a while.

I've made up my mind to see if the good doctor will run some additional test on my thyroid. This has been on my mind since I've been told about the last lab results.

It's raining this morning and makes for a good day to be a couch potato.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote