Old 12-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #211  

Default 12/20

Hello ladies:

So sorry I haven't been around, just a very busy time of the year. I've been bad and haven't gone to the gym and eating poorly. At this point I'm thinking I might as well wait till after the holidays

Thanks for the Christmas cards!! When I receive photocards from my friends I sometimes cannot guess who their kids are they change so much from year to year.

DH has a friend who left his wife (high school sweethearts) for a 20 year old (who herself had just gotten married less than a year ago...she was cheating on her fiancee!). Anyway he FINALLY told his wife and they got separated and he left her and his 3 kids about a month or so ago. His wife sent out their Christmas cards and left his name off, I'm so glad she did that. This guy had an ego the size of I don't know what. He had it all and dumped it for a floozy who I hope in turn cheats on him...he's about 20 years older than her. We happened to be in NYC this past Saturday and he wanted us to meet him and her for lunch, I told my husband there was no way I was going to see him and meet her. I don't really know his wife but I feel so bad for her. Men can be such dicks.

Anyway, I hope everyone is ready for the holidays. We're having my family over Christmas Eve and going to my Mom's for Christmas Day. We're also going to a Hannukah party on Friday night. I have to find time to do my grocery shopping and cooking!! Presents are all bought and wrapped thanks to the USPS and UPS.

Talk to you all soon.
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

hi everyone.. well that nastty chest cold is still here ..it took a one day break to allow room for a rally nasty gastritus(sp?) bug!!! EWWWWW! all ends breaking lose.. sorry for the visual but be glad you're not here! my dd had it last week... one dy onl;y..musles aches and chills too.. and all day in bed... only gatorade and chick broth when i could hold it down. well i i lost three pounds and then as soon as I am beeter voila a pound came back and i eat almost nothing... huh??? oh well i am not despairing,, i will keep up the good fight!

hello to all i must go to bed i am bushed! any tips on shaking a bad head/mostly chest cold... ? desperate! Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #213  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hey girls!! Wow I haven't been over here in forever!!!

Just wanted to pop in and tell you girls

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hope it's wonderful for you guys!
Erika Leigh
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #214  

Default Another year!!!

Hi ladies:

I hope to start posting daily again. Sorry I haven't been around much, it appears the holidays and sickness has taken it's toll on everyone.

I'll check in tomorrow from work and hopefully see you all around soon. It's just one day at a time I guess. Tomorrow, I will try to go to the gym, even if it's just for a little while. I hurt my ankle a few days ago by dropping a big box with a bed in it from ikea. It's been very sore and swollen. I'll probably just do the treadmill tomorrow to start off....baby steps. I'm afraid to approach the scale.

Talk to you all soon, hope everyone is well.

Mo
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #215  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I haven't been on either. Or on my scale. Ugg. Anyways, tomorrow I start working full time for the first time in 3+ years! I'm struggling a little with this. I am excited to be making $$, but then the whole not being at home with my girls "guilt" talks some too. We have to do this right now though. Have to. I think the structure will be good for my diet plans also. Food is much more of an issue for me at home.

Sorry about your injury, Mo.

Are you better now Kim?

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! Cheers for 2007 being the best year yet!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #216  

Default Day of Reckoning

Hi Nori: Good luck on the full time job. There's pros and cons with working vs. staying at home, just focus on the pros. I think I gained about 4 or 5 lbs back out of the 11 or so that I had lost in Oct/Nov. I found my WW books under my desk today and hadn't made a journal entry of my foods since November 17th! It's so true that writing things down keeps you honest, the second I stopped writing, I had not accountability for my food, water or exercise. Oh, I was on allrecipes.com last week and was reading some reviews of a recipe and I saw your login name! I forgot what it was now...cookies maybe??

My goals for this week are to get back to the gym, rid the house of junk food and do a good grocery shopping and plan some decent meals. I'm certainly not being a good role model for my kids.

I hope everyone joins us back here for the New Year. Hope to see you all soon. I'll start posting my menus tomorrow after I see what I consume today!

Let's re-group and start by sharing some recipes. Here's one that sounded good to me:

Southern Oven-Fried Chicken

1/2 c. fat-free buttermilk
2-3 drops of hot red pepper sauce
1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
3 tbs. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 pounds of chicken parts skinned
4 tsp. canola oil

400 degrees on large sprayed baking sheet. Mix buttermilk and hot sauce, combined dried ingredients on wax paper. Dip in milk, then roll in crumb mixture coating completely. Drizzle with oil and bake 30 minutes, turn over and bake another 15-20 minutes until cooked through.

If you're on WW, it says a serving is 5.5 pts. and it makes 4 servings.

I might try this with chicken tenders. Also if you don't have buttermilk, use 1/2 cup of skim milk and add 1 tsp of vinegar to it as a substitute.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #217  

Hi Ladies:

I didn't do so well yesterday but it was better than I had been eating!

B: oatmeal & tea (4)
L: shredded wheat (8)
S: 2 candy canes (2)
D: chicken, cranberry, then macaroni & cheese off daughters plate and a piece of my sons cornbread (couldn't keep my hands to my self), plus I had a few handfuls of popcorn when I first got home. (15)

Then I went to the gym and walked only a mile because my friend wanted to go and my ankle was a little sore. When I got home I had tea and about 6 milkduds (2)?! Like I said, better than I had been eating...I guessed at most of the points but I'm sure I was over 30 points for the day.

The gym was so crowded we could hardly find a treadmill. Tonight I have to put together and organize some furniture we moved from upstairs to downstairs in my sunroom. I inherited my daughters daybed. Not what I really wanted, but better than nothing out there I guess. Between the sunroom and all the laundry I have to put away, it should keep me busy enough to skip the gym.

If I stick to it, I'll be having Special K for breakfast, an orange for snack, Healthy Choice dinner for lunch, and a big salad with some rotisserie chicken on top. I have to buy myself some Skinny Cows, they were my savior for my sweet tooth cravings in October/November.

Hope all is well with everyone, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Mo
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #218  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'll be done with the family & friend visits on Sunday, so I plan to start posting again regularly on Monday.

marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #219  

Default therapy

HEy, everyone! I went and weighed in last night. I gained 1.4 pounds over the last 2 weeks. Not good but better than I thought. I thought surely I had gained most of my weight back. Anyway, I've decided to try hypnotherapy. I have my first appointment next week. I spoke to the therapist and he said he does it a little differently from most therapist cause most of them try to tell you what to eat and stuff. He said he tries to get to the cause of over eating and start from there. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. I think I'm mostly nervous about spending that kind of money on something that I'm not sure will work but I keep telling myself if I keep going at the pace I'm going I'm gonna end up spending that much on WW anyway so what does it matter. I guess I'm to the point of desperation. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #220  

Hi ladies:

I still am not doing well. I start out good but then fail by the end of the day.

B: cereal
L: Healthy Choice dinner
S: 1 1/2 candy cane
D: chicken, cranberry, 1/2 baked potato w/ sour cream and butter
S: package of jelly candies, few milk duds

Today isn't good either. B: cereal S: sugar coated nuts L: salad w/ chicken & feta cheese but then the big downer, a caramel & M&M coated apple....who knows what else I'll do wrong by nightfall!

I'm going to get my hair highlighted tonight and don't feel like going. I've been so congested the last few days. My nose is so red from blowing and wiping it.

No gym yesterday either but I did move the bureau, chest and day bed into the sunroom and vacuumed an old vintage handbraided rug I bought last year for about a 1/2 hour. I need to get a gate to keep the dog out of the room. She christens any rug she can get to that's why I have no rugs in my house. This room is mine and she's not getting in!

Mo
Old 01-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

well hi mo, serena, nori, sarah tj catherine, danielle and everybody else i missed.. sorry i have been MIA.. I have gained the avg they say at holiday time.. 5 lbs!!!! I did not take my own advice.. i feel like a beached whale! what a difference even 5 lbs makes! phew..... granted it is end of my TOM so a couple is water weight..gonna take a water pill tomorrow..

mo.. not surprized about the crowded gym after the first! sorry to hear you are struggling but no real gains i see....good for you...

serena you didn't do too bad either.. good for you.. let me know how you make out with that hynotherapy....

I have not reviewed the past weeks posts i will tomorrow.. I have had the worst head and chest cold.. it went away for two days and I am getting it back again.. it sucks!

I am applying at our school district for a part time position... it is in food preparation but I need to work around the kids hours.. and summers off.. It is not my choice position but it is a start.. I need to pay off my growing credit card b4 DH finds out how much it really is..LOL

well talk more later..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #222  

Hi Kim: Glad to see you around. My sister got a job in her local school cafeteria too for some extra money and for the schedule to match her daughters. Her feet and legs took some time to adjust to all the standing but I think she likes it and you can't beat having summers off. She's not too far from you, she's in Villas, NJ, just outside of Cape May.

I didn't eat well today either because it was our Christmas party at work. I didn't eat till I was stuffed, but I didn't hold back at the dessert table

I'm either coming down with a cold or what I actually think is my allergies are very bad...first year having them but I've been congested for days and I'm so tired of breathing in and out of my mouth. My nose is so sore and red from blowing/wiping it, I'm going home and latering it with vaseline!

It's rainy here today but fortunately I cleaned up a bit last night and did vacuuming, laundry, cooking for tonight, etc so I think I'll be grabbing a blankey and the remote by 8 p.m.! I was up last night watching Ronin till 1 a.m. then started watching Taxi Driver. Of course I overslept again till 8 a.m. and had to drive the kids to school late again. I need a curfew!

Have a great weekend if I don't talk to you again.

Mo
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #223  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Kim - I also gained about 5 pounds over the holidays. I didn't get to the gym for about 3 weeks and doing my pilates at home doesn't cut it as far as burning calories. GL with the job! I hear you sister...about the credit cards...

Mo- hope you're not getting sick.

I started working full time last Tuesday and am still adjusting to that. I haven't worked outside of the home for 3+ years now.

I have been bad about logging on every day. For some reason I CANNOT log onto 3FC from work. All that comes up is the purple "frame" and headings. I cannot get into the boards. SOmething to do with the pop-up program or something else the IS guys have done to the whole system. I'll do my best to check in each night.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 238/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,
Sorry that I never got to send Christmas cards or post, I was down sick with a virus for over a week. So belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. We had a nice Christmas other than sickness. Hope all of you had a nice one as well. Wtg on all your weight losses. I now weigh 216 lbs. I am now on a 1400 calorie intake a day and getting plenty of exercises. I went to work at a nursing home and it is non stop work. I work a lot of hours a week due to being short of help. Didn't get to read my private messages but will try to catch up and keep up as much as possible. Everyone have a great week. Bye for now. Teresa
teajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #225  

Hello ladies:

How's everyone doing? I still haven't gotten on this diet 100% and my friend put her back out again so the gym won't be a consideration for a few days at least. OK with me because it's too darned crowded. It's so overcrowded they should have limited the number of people they can enroll. Oh well, maybe I'll start my walking DVD again or do some pilates. I've not felt well either. I've been SO congested for about a week now. I figured it was just allergies because it's mainly just congestion but today I've started to develop a cough as well. My boss came in sick today too. Must be germs everwhere!

DD said some guy about 20 was at a neighbor's house Friday on her way home and he invited her and her girlfriend "in for some candy". They of course said no and ran home. After making several calls I found out that this young guy is 20 years old and is at the house because his girlfriend's mom is a R.N. and was contracted to watch the old woman who lived there. I guess the girlfriend is bring her weirdo boyfriend around and I also found out he had been involved in a fight and got stabbed not long ago. I got the police involved and they said he admitted saying it, he was just "trying to be funny" and supposedly he won't be allowed in that house again. I'll have to monitor the house to see if he shows up anymore. He doesn't drive but was getting there in his girlfriends car. Next door to them is an ex-detective and his wife so she's keeping an eye out for him also because she's home all day.

Talk to you all soon.