Old 12-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Congrats catherine!! sorry to hear about your mom and the added stress this time of year...

well my scale said 229.5 this am!!! i was ready to do a flip!!! so now i have to go eat my oatmeal and do some exercise.. I am soo psyched .. yeah 20's!!!!! now lookin for those low 20's.. then teens.. woo hoo!!!

ok i took a little break.. I danced to music and did leg lifts and kick backs and leg lifts and some squats for 15 min and will do about 10 min more later this evening... that's my exercise for today.. i do it to fast songs like shania twain or kelly clarkson.. or numa numa.. anything that sounds boppy...

I am making it a must to keep grapes, apples, broccoli, cucs, peppers and bananas in stock.. for quick grabs and I am snacking on a few 4-8 of almonds.. they are 6 cal each... and help sustain you... pizza is i think a trouble food for me causes it triggers the wanting more than i need mode..

so looking for more posts to yell back to!! i am moving my ticker after this post!
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #197  

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO SLIMKIM!!!!!!!! Amazing! You'll have to change your screen name to SuperSlimKim soon!!!! Have you read SuperFood Rx yet? It recommends all the foods you're eating to help be healthier! It's a great book at explaining what foods do what for your body. I enjoyed it alot.

Catherine - your poor mom. Good luck with everything.
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #198  

Talking

Hey Sarah!! Thanks.. yes I have read thru briefly the super foods book(I own it) but i will re read just to reinvent myself a little more.. never thought of things that way That you could ...re invent yourself.. you don't have to keep on going the same ol way.. now I know I carry on some no no areas.. like remember i mentioned about pizza.. for me?? well that night i had ...you guessed it.. pizza!!! It was the size of a tomestone and I had 4.5 slices!!! even tho my cal for day says I was under.. all that dough reeks havoc on me... and sodium.. it made me retain water... so scales were up next day.... so today i had salad all day..yogurt, fruit, jello... I had nutri grain waffles and eggs for dinner... we'll see later in the week how I do.. I want to continue losing alot .. it boosts me up but i know it is unrealistic for long.. well gotta run!! bye..Kim
Old 12-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #199  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Hi ladies. I know I haven't logged on in days and when more and more days go by and I get more behind then I just avoid coming around. I am embarrased. I am really busy in general these days, and also, I'm not doing what it takes to lose the weight. I just don't have that magic right now. I am NOT gaining. So that is a very, very good thing. I did lose 2 pounds during November, but was back to the start weight by December 1. I'm no where ready to be maintaining. I am good for 4-5 days out of the week and then just let up for the other 2-3. It's not good. I need to come around regularly so I stay encouraged. I am still exercising. My back is messed up from my little accident and I'm very uncomfortable almost all the time, but I've started up my regular exercising. PLEASE DON'T KICK ME OUT. I want and need my mojo back. It's up to me. I'm so good once there's that almost audible "click" I hear...I'm jsut not hearing it. I guess this is were the determination has to carry me though. I will not gain the weight I have lost back. WILL NOT.

Sorry for the me post. Got to go to work now. Just needed to check in and feel accountable to you great ladies.

Last edited by Nori71; 12-11-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #200  

Post bah humbug

Rather that is boo hoo humbug! I have been at the verge of tears or bawling for the last few days. I have no desire to decorate, put up the tree or anything. I am kind of looking forward to seeing my mom, but at the same time dreading it. If any of you listen to country music Joe NIchol's new song" I'll wait for you" has me in tears everytime. Makes me think of my mom and dad. My dad is on the road a lot, tries not to be and here is my mom at home dying. It is a killer. My MIL is only coming in town for one day and not even coming to see us. We will see her for a short time though. It just aggravates the heck out of me. We always seem to be the last on her list. And my husband is her only son.

Anyways, I did lose another pound, I do not post them until I keep it off for a week. My weight is even going down with that TOM. Still not sure what I am doing. I guess this was a me post, too. I will really sound off to my counseler tomorrow. That is is I open up, sometimes I don't.

Well, I gotta go!

Mo, I love the pic!!!!
Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #201  

Default cookies

JUst wanted to let yall know. I tried the splenda peanut butter recipe. I'ts pretty good. It deffinately isn't like the full flavored peanut butter cookie but it is still pretty good.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #202  

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Nori - kick you out? Are you crazy? You've always been such a motivator with sound advice, you have to stay! Your mojo will come back, don't worry.

Catherine - congrats on the loss!!! I hope your holidays get better.

SlimKim-gret job staying within your calories!!!! That's awesome!! Do you track your calories online?

Serena - yum! They sound good! I hope you and your boys are having a nice holiday.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 238/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello to All,

Good job on the weight losses. Way to go. I'm still 218 lbs. Going to drop calories down a couple of hundred to see if that helps me loose more. I and a friend went Christmas shopping and walked a lot. Have been so busy with Christmas but will try and do better with the exercises, thanks for the tips, I'll get better motivated, I promise. All of your ecouragment has sure helped. Thank you so much. I appreciate that. Keep up the good work ladies, have a great rewarding week. Bye for now. Off for a class and later work. Bye for now. Teresa
teajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #204  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Thanks Mo! The picture is so cute!! I've ordered mine, but haven't recieved them yet. As usual - I'm behind!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #205  

Teresa & Nori - hello! Nori, just like you, I haven't sent my cards either. Teresa, good luck with the new calorie intake!!!

My good news - I went to the gym this morning! I did 2.25 miles on the elliptical, and then 5 minutes on the rowing machine. Then I spent a little time in the sauna.

My bad news - for lunch I had a burger, fries, a coke, and a frosty.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #206  

Happy Friday everyone! Hope all is well...
Old 12-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #207  

Default HEy

I see I"m not the only procrastinater. I figured up a good quick method for sending out christmas cards. My list is already saved in the computer on labels and I just print the labels when I"m ready. I use the american greetings websight and pick out a card. Then I go ahead and personalize them and put our names on it then I just print them up, put them in envelopes. THen they are done.

Well, I missed aerobics monday but made it wednesday but I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. My boys had they're preschool christmas party today and brought home a bunch of candy. Of course I've already sampled some for them.

I tried the splenda chocolate chip recipe and it turned out really good.

I hope everyone is doing well.
serena
Old 12-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #208  

Default morning.. rotten cold here..

well some advantages to a cold are.. not real hungry.. but do I benefit from weightloss as a side effect?? no.. not yet.. work up a sweat like you are working out and all you are really doing is sweeping the kitchen or doing laundry.. haha
hey serena is that recipe at splenda or what?? if not can u post it??? I love cookies this time of year but so high in calories!!! I don't dare.... I want a good peanut butter cookie recipe that won't kill my daily allowance...

tj... what calorie rane are you at right now?? and how much exercise?? I am stuck.. but i won't give in..totally...
Hi sarah... how is it going on your end.. workout still ok??
Nori.... anytime u get to pop in don't ever feel out of place.. we all have busy lives.. i feel bad i can't remember kids ages and more personal things.. of others...but in time.. I have 6 kids ages 6-22! i have trouble remembering all their names.. haha
Mo.. mo bo bo banana fana fo fo me my mo mo.. MO! remember the name game??? sorry showing my age.. haha.. how goes it in your neck of the woods.. any entertaining tips.. that help you ??
Catherine.. how are you holding up??

well what else can I say?? ,.. one of my kids has this awful head cold and cough and it finally has landed in my chest.. i am battling it with oj and a squirt of lemon juice..Moms recipe.. tea and honey... to help we'll see
any other suggestions.???. it turns to bronchitis in me if i am not careful and get rid of it fast! left over from my old smoking days!!!!!

well you all have a great weekend and lets post some tips or recipes to help keep us on track.. bye..Kim
Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #209  

Default hey

Kim: Yes it's on the splenda websight. I believe they have a few different versions to chose from plus a lot of other recipes.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #210  

Hi Serena and Kim! Great to hear from you both! Serena - way to go making a healthy recipe and getting to your aerobics class! Kim - good luck kicking that chest cold!!!!

My best tip for the holidays (and any party time):

Before any party/gathering/large meal, always have a low fat healthy snack about 30 minutes before you go. You'll be amazed at how much less you eat and how less tempting the sweets are!