Old 10-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #61  

Nori - what's MOPS? I hope your pace slows down so you can enjoy some much needed you time soon!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #62  

Mo - thanks! I was so down about the gain I forgot to focus on the best positive. Getting to onederland was hard work - it's hard to believe I was THIS close to going back. I know you can do it and you'll make onederland, too!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #63  

Post I am ok and still here!

THANK YOU first to my Friend for checking up on me and making sure I was OK.

Hello everyone! I have not read up on all of the posts, hope iI can get the time. It seems we have a whole lot of new wonderful ladies here. I am Catherine, I have been married for 11 years and have a 11 and a 10 year old. they are my life. After losing 20 pounds back in the spring, I have gained it all back. Stress and binge eating. My weakness right now is M&M's. We have them by the cases at work. I work at a bakery! I am a caregiver at home, as is my whole family. I work a 3:00 am shift. Long days and I am not getting the naps I use to. Hopefully after all is said and done I will have the supervisor position. More money!

Well, I can definately get started on the water. I am doing better with that already.

For those from the old thread and those who are here. Our neighbor killed himself. Took most of his head off. His 9 year old sone saw it. Luckily his daughter who is younger did not. He was also one of my husbands oldest friends. Things have been crazy.

I did get to go to Martinsville Race this weekend. Me and my husband alone. We needed the time. And we had a good time.

Well I am going to go . I will read up on all of the new ladies her.

THANK YOU MY FRIEND.
Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #64  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Girls!! I have missed you so much! I haven't been able to log on lately due to the high call volume at work!!

Here is my biggest deal- My weight went back up... I can't figure this out. It's the same as it always is. I loose a little and then gain it plus some back with changing nothing. I haven't been able to go to the gym because i'm waiting to see if my mom is going to sign. I have done WATP everynight and watching what I'm eating. (More less low carbs and only water for drink!)
But it went from the 289 back up to 291... What is with that? I just wanna give up so bad. I've increased my water intake a little more in hopes of losing this weight!

I can't remember who asked, but I don't know that we will be dressing up the dogs for halloween due to the coldness. They do get dressed everyday when we go outside but it's getting to where the nights are soooooo cold here! We treat them just like children and so I'm sure you can imagine!

This week has been soo stressful! Alot has happened also. We went yesterday and looked at new apartments because we are out growing the one that we have. We knew that it would be temporary. But we weren't expecting to be moving until December 31st and now we may be moving November the 30th or sooner!!! I'm glad for this change....but still kinda scared as it's a big change in my life.

I'm just hoping things can get better in life!!

Thanks for reading girls!Hope that everyone has a great week!! Happy Hump Day!!

Last edited by LookingForHope16; 10-25-2006 at 09:21 PM.
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #65  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Anyone mind if I hop in here with you? I need all the support I can get! I've been on this weightloss journey for so long I cant even remember how long its been, but if I'm being honest it wasnt a very valient effort obviously. But since about September 13th I've really stepped up and tried to make every choice about taking off the pounds. My biggest motivation is my mother who has recently lost 40 lbs and is looking great, I just cant be bigger than her! LOL! Dont get me wrong I want to lose it for me but thats what keeps my drive going. Tomorrow is my next WI, but AF is circling the wagons so I'm not suspecting much, plus this week I've not been as focused as maybe I should be. Weekends are the hardest for me, I cant seem to stay on plan. Okay I'm rambling!

I'm Melissa, fulltime student, fulltime mom of 2 girls ages 11 and 7, and other manchild/husband! LOL! Cant wait to get to know you all!

Have a wonderful day!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 AM   #66  

Default Thursday

Hello ladies:

Catherine: thanks for visiting, that's awful about your neighbor. I'll say a prayer for his kids and your neighborhood. He must have been very troubled. My husband knows 3 people who committed suicide in Ireland over the last 6 months...all young men. I guess they just couldn't cope with life. Good luck getting the supervisor job and glad you had a weekend alone with DH. Who was able to watch your FIL, is he still staying with you?

Nori: getting back to work is awfully hard with small kids. I don't think I would have been able to handle it if it weren't for the fact my mom is such a big help and close by. DH has always been a lot of help too and he has much more patience than I do! There's just not enough hours in the day.

Erika: Don't give up! Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week. Also, try taking measurements instead of worrying about a pound or two. The scale is not the only way to see success. Think long term, it's not all or nothing. You can't change your entire life overnight and this is a life change but it's FOREVER and will take forever, but after a while you'll just be maintaining your success! You're so young, you can do this especially with a friend. Increasing your water is a great idea. Keep us informed and tell mom to sign the darn gym papers! Good luck finding a new place, that will keep you busy!!!

Sarah: How's Day 1 going!? Do you have your frig stocked with fruits and veggies? What's the new house like? You know we're only a few pounds apart, I'm coming to get you!!! Start running

Kim: are you still recovering from your North Caroline trip? Where are you?

Danielle: how old are your girls? How's the battle going? Check in soon.

Serena: I hope you're enjoying yourself and going for a nice brisk hike in the mountains!

B: oatmeal 3
L: Smart One & apple 7
D: other mushroom & potato wedges 6
S: Skinny Cow ice cream 3
S: 2 granola bars 6
Pts: 25 Exercise: 43 min Water: 40 oz?

Last night was the 10th straight day of going to the gym
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #67  

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser? I only saw the last 10 minutes last night. I had a feeling it was going to be Ken who got voted off. His after picture was amazing. These people look totally different with the huge weight losses. I don't really like reality TV and I hate the way they drag a half hour out to an hour by repeating everything and pausing for commercials at critical times like we're children, but I love to see the after photos!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #68  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys. Sorry for not posting the last day or so, it's been a heckuva week so far over here. Thank goodness kids don't have school tomorrow or I think I might just have to throw myself in front of a bus. LOL Seriously, it's been running around and tons of projects for weeks now, this past week just sealed it. SO glad it's over with!!!

Again, right now I don't have alot of time either, but wanted to pop in and say I'm here and all that!
Catherine, it's wonderful to hear from you, you were really missed. Glad you and DH got time alone!!!
Mo, you asked about halloween costumes..... DD1 is a "corpse bride" (lovely i know, anything to wear colored hair and lots of freaky make up! lol), DD2 is Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, and DS has not "decided" if he will be trick or treating this year.....how's that for an 8th grade attitude? LOL My girls are 12 & 10 and my son is 13 going on 14 next month.
Nori, hope you're enjoying your beautiful weather over there!!
Kim, glad vacation was good!
Erika, hope the gym thing works out! Good luck with moving, I feel your pain, we've gotta do it come March.
Sarah, Mi Amiga!!! I'm so glad you're "up & running" again. I was wondering how you were. SO glad that the thread is scooting along now too!!
Mel, was wondering how long it'd be before you got here?

Alrighty, time to get my butt outta this chair and doing something. Have a super afternoon ladies!

Danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #69  

Post howdy dew?!

Ok I drank 120 ounces of H2O today. That is a start! I did not eat any & today! That is not saying anything about what else I had. I am using a lot more upper body strength. I lift about 1000 pounds a day in 50 pound bags. Sometimes more. I do more knee bending at work also. But they are not continuous deep knee bends. My arthritis is bothering me a lot in my hands but I am sure I will be ok. I still have not read up on all of the posts. I need to learn all about the wonderful ladies here. But I am going to bed now. Talk to all of you later!

Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #70  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I love going to the gym too, Mo! It's kinda addicting, huh! I did watch TBL last night. Ken looked amazing now. I cannot believe that he was only 43? He looked 53+ to me when he was so large. The whole family looked so happy.

Erika - don't sweat 2 pounds honey! Hormones will do that to me everytime. Or salt. Or sugar... As long as you know your basics are right on track - "DEW" - you're doing all you can and your body will respond. GL with the move. I hate moving! But it's always so nice to be settled and comfy again. Where do you live again? I was thinking it was AL? My DH is from AL.

You can see even on The Biggest Loser that while they all have drastic weekly losses, sometimes one week it's 2 and then next it's 9. They're doing basically the same thing week after week.

Danielle - so how was it when your little ones were all under 4? DH and I are thinking about #3...if there will be a #3...when... I feel so overwhelmed sometimes with the 2 - they are 16 months apart. So I know if/when we have #3, there will be more of a age gap since Melina is already 18 months.

WELCOME Melissa! Glad you jumped on in. Weekends are the hardest for me also. I'm out of my routine and have more time on my hands. I've discovered how to maintain - eat right 5 days out of the week and then loosen up on myself (I'm not talking binges even) a little and BAM...no weightloss that week.

Sarah - MOPS is a support group for mothers. http://www.mops.org/ They have them all over the country - usually meet in churches. It stands for Mothers Of PreSchoolers - but I think it's for all mothers. Period. It's nice because I go to one for working Moms and there is free childcare for the girls with crafts, and I get to sit in a candle lit room drinking coffee, ralaxing and chatting with other Mom's. I like it. It is Christian based, but I don't feel like I'm "in Church", iykwim. You should see if there are meeting where you are at now.

WTG, Katherine!! Water does make a huge difference for me. The only thing I don't like is having to pee during the night. Had enough of that with pregnancies!! So sad about your neighbor. A gal who worked at the credit union killed herself recently and it always seemed that she was a depressed/moody kind and then 3 days before she OD'ed I went in on Friday afternoon and she was so sweet and friendly and happy. I've heard that suicidally depressed people get that way once they decide that they are going to go through with their plans. She never came to work Monday and then her husband found her. She had 3 daughters too. She did have MS, but not advanced stagesyet, but still terminal. So sad for those they leave to put the pieces back together.

Well, gotta go make dinner. I think I'll weigh myself in the AM. AF wasn't to rough on me this time. Still a little swollen though.

Last edited by Nori71; 10-26-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:36 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

well morning everyone...
My kids have NO school today.. so will have to schedule a couple actiove things outside too.. I like to shoot hoops so it is a workout for them and me...
maybe even a nice walk as the weather is so pretty.. I love the look of the changing leaves..
Well imagine my surprise when i stepped on the scale this week and I was 1/2 pound down... hmmmm I got back in to the swing just in time to shed a little... so down a total of 3.5... I know this coming week will be good losses cause it seems like 2 weeks b4 my af I lose the most then it is a little and none... vicious cycle....oh well.. one day I will be done with all of this.. hot flashes here I come..lol..

Mo.. I too have been trying to stick to a plan.. I was doing ww but I have trouble with the flex points to use not or to use.. so for right now I am just counting calories... I figure at my weight and activity I need about 2500-2600 a day to maintain my weight so I cut back 500-1000 a day and I will lose 1-2 pounds a week.. I have added exercise video (1 mile) 3 x's a week and it is early but it is looking good.. I will feel soo much better once I am into the low 220's that it is really working... so I wanted to say great job on your work so far.. I find planning your day ahead and having alternatives in case really really helps!! I new ahead of time how much a turkey dinner with low point pump pie and all the trimmings was going to be....

Nori.. You are ahead of me! actually below me in weight but I am racing to catch u .. unless you don't want to race.. my race is really to the onderlands and beyond... pump that vitamin c for those kiddies.. maybe it'll help... I drown them in oj and tea with honey if they'll drink it...

Sarah .. You are gonna do great! we can do this together.. I still adhere to alot of ww recipes and really am ww at heart .. you can do 6 by thanksgiving! i am shooting for at least that if not 8.. wow I will be close to the teens if i do.. yeah!!

Danielle.. How old are your girls? I raised two girls now 20 and 22 and have 2 more ages 6 and 9 so I feel your pain! if I can help just ask...I survivied.. not without scars.. haha I also squeezed in 2 boys ages 13 and 14.

Serena.. So did you do anything exciting?? talk to u soon... keep up the hard work we'll get there...

if I missed anyone hi!!! welcome!

I am in a funk lately .. feeling a bit down so I am trying a little creativeness to perk me up.. I am changing the color scheme of my livingroom a bit.. I am going from pastels and seashore look to more bamboo/rattan and darker wood tone items and like a tropic look.. i am spray painting my lamps and got different shades and maybe dying my drapes.. if I can find shades I like ..so more browns/tans and greens... do any of you guys get like that??

well i will check in later.. have a great day all of you... just dew it!

Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #72  

Quick hello and update my info then I'll be back for personals after my meeting. I'm so glad we've got new friends and old ones back on the wagon, we've got great support going here now!!

B: oatmeal 3
L: Smart One & fresh pineapple 6
D: 6" subway sandwich 8
S: 2 homemade gingersnaps 4
Pts: 21 Exer: 50 min Water 60 oz.

Be back soon!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #73  

I'm back already, I didn't have to take the minutes of the meeting after all

Kim: way to go sticking to plan! It is all math when you come right down to it. It seems for me that after the first two weeks my appetite is controllable, I've been on the low side of points so I feel confident going into Halloween. Your decorating plans sound great. I bought some real nice curtains at (believe it or not...Walmart). They sound like they'd go good in your room. They're valances and have a black background with sage green and beige bamboo on them. The trim is a sage green cord. They were about $15 a piece in walmart but they look like they cost $50 in a curtain store. I also bought muted jungle animal print ones just like the others in a brown tone. Super-Walmarts sometimes have a good selection.

Nori: I hope the weigh in is a great success. Glad you're enjoying MOPS. I had never heard of it either. Last night I was practically crying at the gym trying to do just 13 minutes on the arctrainer. My friend did 40!! I would have died. Then I did just 7 on the stepper. I tried to jog for the first time on a treadmill and got an awful spasm in my right calf so I had to stop.

Cathy: I would have wet the bed!! Great going on drinking the water. I have a real problem with that. What's your secret, do you have an IV!!??

Danielle: The costumes sound great. Have a fun time shooting hoops today!

Melissa: Welcome to the gang!! I know what you mean about your mother. When I found out one time I weighed more than her I was shocked. I always thought she was WAY bigger than I was. It was a rude awakening
What are you going to school for? You sound like another very busy mom!

When I got home last night DS told me he was having a Fiesta in school and needed to bring in something. I took out all the ingredients to make out family gingersnap recipe. Thank goodness DH mixed it all up and had the first batch in the oven when I got home from the gym. I do complain and joke about him all the time, but he's a good guy Our anniversary is in 6 days, maybe I'll be nice to him

Mo
Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #74  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Talking about Mothers. Yesterday I had a sort of feel-good moment. My Mom is 5'5" and weighs 175. I'm 5'7" and weigh 226.8 (as of this am). She was complaining that none of her winter stuff from last year fits her this year. I told her I had some 18's (skirts+pants) that were getting too big for me and she could try them, and they fit her! I was happy to help! Mean, I know!

P.S. Then last night she made a point of telling me that she is starting the Zone again. Which means she will be skinny in no time. That's a good plan and she's had great success on it before.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #75  

Nori - MOPS sounds great! Now that I'm back near civilization, I'll have to check the website and see if there are any meetings near me! I really like that it's Christian based. About the Zone - everyone I know who has done it always loses weight. If they stick with it, they keep it off, too. It just seems like you'd be doing endless math always balancing out your meals like that! LOL

Mo - Happy early anniversary! And FABULOUS job on the points, water and exercise. I'm having trouble getting all of my water in.

Catherine - I'm so sorry about your neighbor. However, I'm super glad to see you back here!

Daniele - my other desert friend! How are you?

Kim - I love your idea of redecorating. Just being surrounded by different colors can totally change a mood!! My living room is done in the aged (antique-like) Americana colors. The deep cranberry, navy, and khaki. To me, it's safe and warm feeling. However, my bedroom is brown and blue right now. That seems fun to me. I'm thinking of painting my kitchen red, and the downstairs bathroom blue. LOL Wish me luck!

Melissa - welcome!

Erika - my husband is a Marine, so we move a lot. It's always a mix of emotions - excitement and nervousness being the top two! LOL

Everyone, my husband and I are off for our first vacation since my soon-to-be-2-year-old was born. We're taking a weekend and going to Gatlinburg. Anyone been there? Send lots of good wishes my way that I don't overeat the whole weekend. I'm always way more likely to overeat in restaurants. I'm the opposite of the secret binger - I'm the social binger!!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll check in with you all on Monday! We're having my youngest evaluated to see if he needs a speech therapist on Monday, because of the hearing loss he had suffered due to all those ear infections. The best news so far is his hearing is back to normal! So the tubes worked!

Wishing DEW dust your way,
Sarah