Old 03-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I have no idea why what I typed didn't show but going to try again.

marbleflys – Thanks for the welcome! Hey your numbers are really getting low and with summer on its way I’m sure you’ll see that goal soon! You are doing GREAT!!!

beth1167 – I hear you on starting over and this is a wonderful place to hang one hat. (so to speak) Your in a wonderful place for support and to be honest I just got back after a very long absent and they kept in touch it sure mean a lot when things are looking so good. I like to call this home.

Red – I’ll feel you in about me and my challenge. Right now I’m planning and gathering my strength. I’m also more area of what I am eating. Which doesn’t always stop me from putting it my mouth but at least I’m not lying to myself. What you guys do really inspire me and you know what it’s gotten me moving. So I’m sure it will just get better. Hey I got you guys!!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:33 AM   #122  

Culrlylocks- I love your new avatar. (for some reason that did get in)
Old 03-31-2006, 12:39 AM   #123  

OMG!!! LOOK AT THOSE TYPOS! Well I'm sure the requlars are some what use to them but to be honest these were a big mess my husband has been standing behing me reading when I type and I want to just get my thoughts out there fast and to h*ll with grammer. Once again sorry.
Hubby is pulling car in the garage.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:36 AM   #124  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Jollygirl... you are doing just great with all the workouts!

As to when you eat... personally I think we have to have a plan that fits into our lifestyle! Yah if we lived in a ideal world and didn't have real life responsibilities our lives could revolve around our working out and eating times, etc.

LOL I do take my breakfast and lunch to work on week days but I leave for work at 6 AM and they don't care if we eat at our desks. But I am sure I am an exception and that doesn't work for most people. And I often eat popcorn or an apple, etc., later at night while watching TV or reading!!!

Again, we have to do what works for US especially if we plan to stick with it!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:57 AM   #125  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Just remember Fish Woman that your weight will be higher after u workout .. something to do with your muscles expanding ... i just woke up my brain hasnt kicked in yet .. but i have read that u weigh more after a work out
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:12 AM   #126  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

just poping in to say days 1-4 complete... today is day 5 on my 3 bottles of water a day challenge
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #127  

Height: 5'8.5"

I just popped in to say "Great job" to ALL of you who are setting challenges for yourself and popping in to post your progress! You are an inspiration and encouragement to me! Happy Friday yay!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:05 AM   #128  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking Day 4 and Weightloss is a special thing

First thank everyone for the welcome and I have to say you guys inspired me this morning.

Mez-About the DVD...I listen to the tape everytime I do it because I need to the beat of the music, but I think I am going to start looking for an alternative, other the first 2 miles of the 4 miles DVD or maybe the George Foreman ones...if anyone has an opinion let me know.

Ok, I was reading the posts about negativity and thinking it can come in all forms and that weight loss is different for everyone.

I was talk to this women at work who has lost 20lbs at work using weight watcher (for what ever reason I prefer doing my "weight loss thang" alone, and I think I do better with excercise incluided.) So we're talking and I tell her I eat about twice a day because of the way my schedule work out (I work 12pm to 8pm) and that I tended toward a low carb diet and also trying to eat in moderation. She then tried to convince me that I could have more carbs I just needed to buy whole wheat pasta and brown rice and the like and that I needed to eat 3-5 meals and I would lose more weight.

Ok, now lets say all of that is 100% true and I could lose much more weight faster if I followed her instructions...It just isn't me. I need to do what is right for me to lose weight, not whats right for her to lose weight. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I had a near miss with the no pasta part of my challenge, I had a rough day and didn't look like I was going to take lunch and I was going to order and I had visions of backed ziti flashing in my head....but I thought of having to restart after only 3 days and said OH HECK no (but you know it is on and poppin on one of my pause days) I ended up saying I deserve some peace and going out and buying something I could eat.

Hope everyone has a good day
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #129  
Cynical RedHead

Challenge status:
1. 20 pushups and 100 crunches daily (level one) - Day 4 DONE!
2. Drink at least 60 oz. water daily (level one) - starting Day 4.
3. 30 minutes of exercise (cardio or yoga) on top of my walking to and from the subway (unless I walk for at least 2 hours) (level two) - starting over -

So - after my super-long post yesterday agreeing with Red and promising myself to pay attention to her points, I didn't do my exercise and I drank way too much last night. I went to bed around midnight, and woke up at 4:30 a.m. with a HUGE headache from the bottle of wine I drank (ugh, yes, an entire bottle). So I guzzled down a bottle of water (which is not getting counted toward my daily goal!) and laid back down until about 7:30 this morning. I did do my pushups and situps this morning though I am just starting over on the exercise challenge because it is too early in the game to take a pause.

Red - I got your pm, thank you! I sent you an e-mail. How are you doing today?

Obsidian - I agree that as long as what you are doing is healthy (and exercise certainly is) you do have to do what works for you, and not necessarily for anyone else.

Curly - I heard that somewhere too. I actually weighed in before my workout, but around 7 at night. When I am at home, I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I pee. (I figure that is my absolute lightest weight of the day, and that is the weight I am counting!)

Mez - I can't believe it took me this long to say Welcome Back!

Jolly - changing your eating times might very well improve your efforts, but honestly, you have to eat when you are able to, not according to some idealistic body-perfecting schedule!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:47 PM   #130  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

Okay I have drank my four bottles of water before 2 pm - thus I have completed day 3. It gets easier and easier to drink water. It also helps that the past 3 days have had a good many fire calls and I always drink water running to the station, on the call or at station during standby (hydration is a must for some calls) and after the call. I can go through 2 bottles there or even 3. This morning I did one & 1/2 there. Tee hee.

Hi RED!!! Rock on girl!

Yes Misti!!! Happy friday, so glad it is here and I hope I get some sleep this weekend. No sleepovers (although for the past 3 or 4 weekends Jini has someone staying) and no business going on at the firehall that I have to work. Only church and studying. Blah.

Curly - you are right, you can weigh more after you work out. But if you figure that you don't eat during your workout then you know the weight is not fat. Further, if you drink water throughout your workout - that could be the increase as well. 16 oz of water is a pound. On the same note, if you weigh less after a workout - drink some water because that loss can represent a loss in fluids and not fat. A scale weighs everything from our fat, muscle, minerals, blood & fluids. And most of the time the scale will show a decrease because of the fluid loss. Our bodies fluctuate about 5 pounds a day and best time for weighing in is morning after using the bathroom. That will give you the absolute best idea for what your body weighs. Weighing in after eating is a false readout because the weight of the food that you just ate will be weighed and the body hasn't had time to break down that food and metabolise it so you are really weighing your meal and not fat.
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #131  
Staying in 1derland!

day 4 (ithink)

carbs=13
walking 2 miles

Wooo hooo i cut my hair cut and i love it!!! its still rather long but it curls all toward my face and my bangs are short on top and poofy... and i got nails so now i am broke!...

sorta like this but curled>>>

felt really good to induldge myself for once.. well till i looked at my checkbook...

hmmmm carbs are still carbs.. whether it be Good ones or bad ones too much will still put the weight on ...

i try to only have one meal with a lot of carbs... if i have a whole wheat waffle for breakfast or oatmeal... i dont have a whole wheat pita at lunch

i try to keep that high carb indulgence limited to 1 meal... but to each their own we all have to try things and see what works for us as an individual... myself.. i think i would over eat brown rice or whole wheat pasta... just becuz carbs are a trigger for me...

Last edited by curlylocks; 03-31-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #132  

Hey all. Curly - isn't it fun to spoil yourself once in awhile? I hear you on the broke thing. I got my fake nails removed (Thank Goodness) and got a manicure. Won't go back there again though.

I have to say, today was a GREAT day. Started out kind of rocky. The circuit class was really tough, and I didn't have usual energy. i don't know if it was the change in eating or what. And I really felt frustrated with being the most overweight and out of shape, and having to quit everything first.

But . .. We were moving offices today, and lunch was late. Despite the craving for grease, again (more due to waiting for the phone company though), I ordered in lunch. Not 100% healthy, but a whole lot better than it would have been had I done a drive through run. And not the most unhealthy delivery choice either, I might add. Then . . . work ran late, so I missed the barn, and it was late getting the nails fixed. Again, was craving grease, and of course there were tons of commercials on tv for all the wonderful drive throughs RIGHT NEAR THE NAIL SALON However, I stuck with the plan, and went home and made the salad I substituted for dinner due to a bigger lunch.

VICTORY!

Hello to everyone. Have a super evening.

Oh yeah, day 11 - no and day 6 - follow menu, both met
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 PM   #133  

Obsidianbbw - I have a George Foreman DVD. Walk and box. I believe is the name. I find it to be
a good workout. I really like the WATP (I have the 1 - 4 mile walk plus walk and jog.) I liked
being able to design how many miles I wanted in a day/week by just doing one or all the DVDs
in a day.I made my own music to workout with after I got the steps downs. That way I can "Zone Out"
and sing when I'm about had it.
As for the talk with your W.W. Friend IMO - Everyone needs to tailor their Weightloss plan/
life style change to what will WORK for them. Having said that I do believer there are basic
rules to follow. One is one shouldn't eat next to nothing in calories. I believe there is
somewhere on this site that can give that amount. Below a certain amount it will put the body
in the starvation mode. The other thing is fitness one needs this not only to firm up
but to make one healthy all around. Drink water to carry flush waste. Also there are a few
other things... What I am saying is as long as your Weight loss plan is healthy and works
for you then I see no reason to change. This isn't a race I've seen plenty that take it off
quickly only to have it sneak back. So keep doing what makes you happy and healthy.

FishWoman - Congrats on the workout! I totally understand about the wine.

aileigh - Congrats on the water. I have always stuggles with water intake.

curlylocks - That hair style sound very cute. My hair use to be stick straigh when I was young
now it's just bland attemps at curls. So I use a flat iron. I've always envyed curly hair.

jollygirl- Glad to hear your day was a Victory!!!

As for me my day went ok. I bought a book called The 30 day Total Health Makeover - Marilu Henner
I looks like it is loaded with idea, recipes and such I'm hoping more than a few will rub off
on me. (fingers crossed)
Old 04-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #134  
Staying in 1derland!

Mez... dont worry the people with curls want their hair straight!! hehehe

OH an awesome book for anyone looking for a good read "the thin commanments" by steven Gullo great book! covers the "mental issues" of this journey and how to re-think things..
Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #135  

Good morning all. Today I get to go to the gym, and have my measurements taken for the "Biggest Loser" contest. They determine the winner based both on percentage of weight lost, and inches lost too. Not going to be exactly good for my self esteem. though, will just keep plugging along. Eventually I will get there.

Mez, I totally here what you are saying on how this is not a race. I have started, stopped, started, stopped, started . . . well, you get the picture. More times than I care to count. This time, however, I have really forced myself to take baby steps. Usually, even with pause days and restarts in my challenges, I am already eager to make that next step before i get there, and when I restart, I "slip" backwards less far each time. It is a good feeling.

Curly, I think ALL women have hair envy. I don't know anybody that totally loves their hair, and doesn't wish it did something else.. I have thick, naturally wavy hair, that never does what I want it to. Ah well.

So, off to the gym. I will not be down on myself for what I can't do yet (like look in the mirror without cringing ), but will focus instead on the progress I am making. It will be a good day.

One last thing, I have to laugh about - I am starting day 12 of my no challenge, and the thing I have been craving the most the last few days??? Low fat milk! Not any of the really bad things, especially what is available around Easter! Milk. How cool is that?

Have a great day everyone
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote