Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #76  

Height: 5'8.5"

I am starting a second challenge today... yesterday actually since I did it and just did not get on to post; so I am on day 2. That is to use my new workout balls every day (no time limit, just to do it). I will make it a level 3 since it is a brand new routine for me.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #77  
prepare for the BEST time

Curley, you are really melting away! congrats on your progress

For me: Day #4 (exercise challenge level 1)

1 set of 10 push-ups, 1 set of 6 push-ups
(these are not real push-ups, I call them pu$$y push-ups)

13 mins. of interval training.........my abs are SORE!

I'm slinking around in a new pair of DKNY size 10 black twills...but there is still *spillage* over my belt.... grrrrr!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #78  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

ty marble... it nice to see that scale have some different numbers on it!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #79  

Day 4 exercise, Day 5 journal, Day 1 sit ups, Day 1 water.
Ugghh, this is going to be difficult to track, especially since I will be out of town for a little while. I am worried about the exercise bit while I am away, I will try try try to get a walk in daily, even if it means (gasp ) getting up early.
Tayja, welcome back!!
We have a few folks MIA. Where is every one??
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #80  
Staying in 1derland!

Day 1 (again) carbs= 47
walking =3 miles
Old 03-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #81  

Hey all. Well, day 7 no and day 2 follow the @#$##%&* menu, complete. I counted calories, and realized I ate a day's worth for lunch Work makes me fat, I swear - I was just craving grease and crud all day.

OK. Work doesn't MAKE me fat. Unhealthy choices do. I will not be a victim in my own life. I am the heroine. And I will make good choices.

And tomorrow night is my first personal trainer session. I hope I can make it to the keyboard to type

Have a great day all. Congrats to all who met challenges, got into jeans, etc. You are all awesome
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #82  
Cynical RedHead

Hey everyone! I think I'm back I'm still feeling pretty depressed and blah, but need to get into positive routines again. I went home last weekend to see my husband and my dogs for a day, but am back in NYC for three weeks as of Sunday. I put a couple of pounds back on over the last two week stretch (but haven't moved my ticker up yet ).

So here are my new challenges:
1. 20 pushups and 100 crunches daily (level one) - Day 1 DONE!
2. Drink at least 60 oz. water daily (level one) - Day 1 Done (at 5:30 p.m.)
3. 30 minutes of exercise (cardio or yoga) on top of my walking to and from the subway (unless I walk for at least 2 hours) (level two) - starting day 1.

I just can't do the calorie counting right now. I am still logging all my foods into fitday, and as of today am trying to eat more salads, fruits, and proteins (and less carbs) - but cannot make that a challenge right now. I already warned DH that as soon as all this new york stuff is over, we are following the precepts of south beach or sonoma for at least 3 weeks. It should be a lot warmer by then as well, and I should have more of a desire for salad and veggies than I do in the winter.

I have not been keeping up with the forum - I hope everyone is doing well and I will try to check in daily.

Last edited by FishWoman; 03-28-2006 at 05:26 PM.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #83  
prepare for the BEST time

Day #5--17 mins. of interval training, 17 pushups and about 90 reps of abs...OW!

i am wearing anothre skirt that has been hanging in my closet for 3 years! GAWD, it feels good!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #84  

Marble, I can't WAIT until my skinny wardrobe fits again. It must feel awesome. But I'm not anywhere close.
Day 5 exercise, Day 6 journal, Day 2 water and sit ups. Think I'll go sit up right now....
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #85  
Staying in 1derland!

You will get there Apple.. just keep at it!

day 2
57 carbs
3 miles walking
Old 03-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hi everyone
I'm back! Lots of drama happen on my end. But one never gives up like that pic of the bird with the frog. I can't recall who posted it but it was inspiring and has had me hold my ground!
I'm going to start off slow so here's my challenge to log into the 21 challenge forum each day and make a post. I'm still working on my plan but there really isn't anything I can write down as a challenge only watching what I'm eating sometime watching it go in mouth but trying to be more aware. So I hope the 21 days of being here will give me a good kick!
P.S. I like to say thanks and give huge hug to Red and Carla for being there for me. It gave me hope.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #87  

Skinny wardrobe? What's a skinny wardrobe? Never had one of those!

So, day 8 - no and day 2 - follow menu, both challenges met. Had my personal trainer session tonight. Yes, she kicked my butt. I need it. Hope to see some good results.

I am tired. Hello everyone Hope to hear more from y'all soon. Fish, glad you made it home for a visit and will be home for good soon. Marble, congrats on the skirt. Curly, you keep knocking down those days - it is inspiring. Apple - don't get discouraged. Everyone else . . . hellooooooooo?
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #88  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

days 1 2 and 3 done !
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #89  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just checking in... I am on track on my two challenges
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 AM   #90  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Haven' been posting for some days now, but I'm down with the Flu, streph throat, sinusitis, pharyngitis, pnuemonia. Anyway, I have all the symptoms of the aforementioned diseases.I really feel so lousy.
DH had a bad cold last week, then Saturday I started to have runny nose I thought it was time for allergy season so I took antihistamines, but then sunday night I started to get terrible headaches, which progressed to fever and chills monday. Started coughing productively (yuck). Was to the doc yesterday and got some antibiotics, and starting to feel better. The winter season have been too long this time, still cold altho' it's officially declared springtime. This is the second time this season that I've been sick. DH brings all those germs and virus from his workplace, and usually I never get sick so I've been wondering if being on a diet somehows lowers your immune system.

Anyway, because off illness, I had to ditched 3 of my challenges I simply don't have the power to do them.
1.exercise daily too tired and sick to bother
2.food log too tired and sick to bother
3.calorie challenge - actually, I think I can still do this because my appetite is gone, well I hope it stays lost forever. Anyway, I have to start over on these 3 challenges when I feel better. too tired and sick to bother

I'm on day 9, on my no red meat challenge. I'm keeping this challenge, it's almost second nature to me now, so I'll finished this one and won't be taking it as a challenge anymore. It was easier than I thought it would be. I guess old habits never really die, they just maybe fade away a little, and you can nurture it right back.
I finished my no diet soda challenge yesterday. This was a startover challenge, and I did not take any pause day, and no more cravings.

Have a great day everyone, hope you all feel better than me.
Need to go get some rest now.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 03-29-2006 at 02:34 AM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote