Old 04-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Completed day 2. Today is the start of day 3.

Curly 2 miles. Way to go. Hope you didn't get caught in the storm Monday. We have, fortunately, had beautiful weather the last few days. Well, now that's said....let's see if I jinx it.

Jolly All day meeting with the boss.....egads. I hope you like your boss. Great choice on the salad. My bosses always insist on Mexican food. I have a weakness for chips and salsa.

Red Lunch with the prez. Everybody having lunch with important people. All my guys that I support (I am an admin) are out for the next 3 days. Don't know what I am going to do with myself. I am basically here to answer the phones and finish that one "pain in the butt" project that I have been avoiding. Hey, I love that song by Bob Seger.

Mez Body sculpting is using bands, hand and leg weights, and big bouncy balls that you have to balance yourself on. It would look like it wouldn't be that difficult, but there is alot of repetition and anyway as a beginner, I was wiped out. It took 2 1/2 days and a few Aleve to get past it.

We, too, are having a big family thing for Easter. Lucky for me, it is at someone else's house. My in-laws.

Obsidianbbw You do WATP? I am going to have to check into that. I have heard things about it and I can't imagine what the DVD is like. I am not always good at exercising at home though. I have tried Taebo, Sweating to the Oldies (my teenage daughters' personal favorite), Treadmill, and DDR.

Misti I love crockpot cooking. I love the fact that you put everything in a pot and all day it cooks on its own. Oh, sure, you stir and add seasoning every once in awhile, but low maintenance for the most part. I haven't cooked anything in a crockpot that didn't taste delicious and melt in your mouth.

OK - enough of my Now get out there everyone and have a great successful day. Here is a little for everyone so you can ignore those "evil voices" in your heads that tell you to stop at Burger King and get fries and shakes. Or tell you, it's OK to not workout today. Yes, Mez, I think I have named my adversary.

Sidenote - No I don't hear real voices in my head ..... but, I think you all get my drift. Just say NO.
beth1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #167  

Hellooooo everyone.

Beth, thanks for the kind words, and the kick in the butt for everyone.

Curly, way to go. And the motorcycle sounds like fun. With the way the gas prices are going, I am thinkiing of getting a scooter!

Red - Hurray for day 3, and thanks for the cheer

Obsidian - that is a great victory. The scale is lower, you are feeling better, and your knees are better. That is 3 things to celebrate. YOu are doing great!

Day 16 - no and day 11 - follow menu, both challenges met. I had a nutrition session at the gym tonight too - which we did while walking. Felt good overall.

Have a super evening all. Let's find our lost posters (Tia, JCT, Misti, Marble, Fish . . . the list just keeps going on!). Keep up the great work.

jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #168  

Height: 5'8.5"

Days 16 and 11 completed
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #169  

OK. Where is everyone? We are getting buried by flashier threads here. Do I need to set traps to catch you, so I can drag you back on the wagon?? Here's a little something to get you going Come on back. I miss everyone!

Congrats, Misti on days completed. You are doing great.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi quick. Not much to report other than a good workout, including the dreaded weights

So, lets rock, everyone. Hope to hear from you all soon! We can do this
Old 04-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #170  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

I'm here jolly. Fifteen minutes to the witching hour. I'm calling...even with quite a bit of beer...Day 4 clear! I got sooo much exercise today and didn't eat poorly at all, so the barley with the interview is ok! Ciao tutti!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

beth1167 - Thanks for explaining. I love the Will Power Clipart!

jollygirl, Misti And Red - Congrats on making another day!

Not much going on here TOM so am getting by with my midol and coffee.
Red do you happen to recall what I weighted when I messaged you in yahoo. I forgot ( I think it was shock) and I'd like to log it after TOM. I hope even if I lose a few ounces it will help me. Thanks in advanced
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #172  

Hello everyone! I'm back from my trip to LA. And I'm glad to be back. I love my In-laws, they are sweet people but.....
I've actually been back a couple of days, but DH has been hogging the computer, working, doing taxes and messing around with music, so I have to grab it when he's out....
I tried really hard, but didn't manage to stick to my challenges. And then TOM hit and I thought I'd wait until I didn't feel so blecky
Well, no more excuses. I am starting over:
1.Exercise 30 min
2.Sit ups (60)
3.3 pints of water
4. I don't know about this one, it might be too vague, but just act like I'm on a diet, meaning basically, no second helpings, no excess, no munchies, no late night snacks, JUST BE GOOD!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #173  
Never give up

Thumbs up Day 5 coming my way....

Well, just lost a post doing what I never do, typing directly on the thread. Damn! Basically saying, I was not happy with yesterday even though I cleared it because my efforts balanced things out. I want more days where I make progress though, but balancing is also important. I just did my crunches for today as I'll probably be out with a coworker tonight and canceled a lunch date so I could go for a good walk instead. Gotta work with what you have! Go for it!

Apple, good to see you again. I like that last part of your challenge! Mez, jolly, Misti, Beth, Obsidian, curly, others! Good luck. I will be back soon.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:00 AM   #174  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 4 completed yesterday... on to day 5 today!!

tomorrow i am doing the "hospice walk" 5k & when i checked this morning i was down 2 lbs!!! woot!

gotta get rid of those 23 lbs so i can get my onderland reward!! a really cool tat on my lower back to peep outta my jeans waistband!!

haha my friend says "u are not 20 yrs old u know!!!" ya i know thats why i am gonna do whatever i wanna do :P
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #175  

Goodmorning all. I have to laugh at myself - here I was talking about missing all our posters, and who fell asleep last night, and didn't get on the thread

Day 17 - no and day 12 - follow menu, both challenges met. I even managed to have the soup I scheduled for dinner without getting bread to go with it. Hurray!

Mez - hope you feel better soon.

Red - glad you had a good day. Ok, after reading your second post, maybe good isn't the right word. However, balance is good. All or nothing attitude can make life more difficult. How did the meeting with the boss go?

Welcome back, Apple, and good luck with your new challenges.

Way to go Curly Hope your walk goes well. But you are doing so great. I too want to get a tattoo. I want to get a tiger on my lower back as a reward for reaching goal. Something sassy and sexy that only I have to know about, unless I care to share.

I am off to the gym, a quick peak in at work, then up to spend the day with my dad. Will make finding healthy food options a challenge. See you all tonight and have a great day.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Update

Completed day 4, today starts day 5.

Tonight is Express workout at Jazzercise. I guess that is to encourage people who usually want to go out and not finish the work week with an hour of exercise. It is only 30 minutes. The weekends are always the hardest for me. I can deal with all the weekdays, because I am on a schedule and everything is routine, so wish me luck. Especially tomorrow. We are going to the Sis in law's house for a crawfish boil/fish fry. It should be alot of fun and I can pass on the crawfish, but fried fish.......mmmmmmmmm. Gotta pace myself.

Jolly, Curly, Red, Apple, Misti, Obsidian. Have a fabulous weekend. Remember - one day at a time. We can do it.

Curly Good luck on your hospice walk.
beth1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #177  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi everybody, sorry I'm in-absente? work is in the nightmare graduation mode......

I've been sticking with the challenge....but can't remember what day I'm on, it's on the calendar at home....but basically i've missed 1 day and am doing cardio and wt. sets for 20-30 mins. every morning....next week things should slow down a bit with Passover and Good Friday, i hope to hit 35 mins. per morning....

I'm impressing myself by getting up early enough to fit the exercise in at 530AM...now if only the weather would cooperate?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #178  

Evening all. Congrats Beth on ending the week with a workout. And to Marble for getting your morning workouts in. Hurray!

I had a good day, though the drive got a bit crazy. I hear you on the work nightmare mode Ah well. This too shall pass.

Not much else to report. I am going to take a pause day on the no My first and only one. So, day 13 - follow menu challenge met, no challenge - pause day, still day 17.

I am a bit nervous about Monday's weigh in. While I have worked on better portion control, I have still allowed myself a few more things this week than really good for me, and it is TOM. well, I will try to get more workouts in this weekend to make up for it, and if nothing else, be in better shape for the following week's weigh in.

Have a great evening all
Old 04-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #179  
Never give up

Wink Day 5 done at last!

Hi all. No time to post long now. Just wanted to say I decided to call Friday a pause, so today was Day 5 again and as soon as I do my crunches, which I will right now, I will call this a clear and wrap! Hurrah!
Ciao tutti a presto!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #180  

Hey everyone. Just wanted to check in for the morning. Have my cleaning half done, then will be off to the gym and the barn.

I really feel like I have made some great strides this week. I have done better with choices overall, and MUCH better with portioning out some of my trigger foods. When a "serving" used to be however much I could cram into a fry pan or pot - measuring out and being more conscious is a huge step. This is sort of behavior/mindset change which will allow me to maintain a healthy weight, and still enjoy foods I like.

well, back to the grind. Have a great day all.