Old 04-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #151  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 2

carbs=24
walking= 2 miles

YIKESSS bad storm brewing here better scooot...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #152  

Way to go, Curly, and hope you get safely through the storm

Day 14 - no and day 9 - follow menu, both challenges met.

It was a good day. Made healthy choices. Listened to my body. Didn't feed my emotions. Progress.

I hope everyone is quiet because they are out celebrating their victories! Go team go

Have a good night, and talk to you tomorrow
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #153  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI everybody... good to see the great reports. I am still on track for both my challenges... LO> as usual have to go look up what days I am on. <G>
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #154  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Angry Food Stuff

Well ending day 1 on the food challenge and came home stomach rumbling.I made a nice chicken and broccoli stir fry and bbq chicken with low carb bbq sauce. That will last me the rest of the week. While I was cooking I realized if I kept something in the house to look forward to (that was good for me also) I was less likely to wanna cheat. So. we'll see how it goes.

Anyay, Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Obie
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #155  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw
While I was cooking I realized if I kept something in the house to look forward to (that was good for me also) I was less likely to wanna cheat.
That has certainly been the case for me! I have been cooking up crockpots full of yummy stuff on weekends and putting it in the freezer. Now I have quite a variety of delicious meals; just fix a few veggies! Even during the day during the moments I start thinking about food, I think about the wonderful dinner waiting for me! And I do eat plenty during the day too, but this really helps me avoid being tempted by bad stuff... because my GOOD stuff is FAR better than any of that junk!! Oh and I have OTHER kinds of crockpot stuff that I take for my lunch! Sometimes cook up big pots of veggies and stuff or even a little bit of salsa chicken over scrambled eggs, etc.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:43 AM   #156  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

I think I'm going to allow myself today...call it Day 2...just squeaking by though, but did the crunches, exercised and probably didn't eat that much, just not the best of foods. But, I wouldn't call it a gaining type day and it could have been a lot worse. I have to lower the bar a bit closer to the ground I think since my chin is already draggin' on it....the ground, that is...

Last edited by redballoon; 04-04-2006 at 07:21 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:15 AM   #157  
Intuituve Eater

Angry As long as your over the bar your good.

Day six of excercise challenge. I tried muting the DVD and listening to music, but occasionally I would listen to the music, get off beat and play catch up...I ordered more WATP video (kicking, jogging and something else) that will give me more variety. Not at all sure I could do the same 2 mi for the next 15 days. I have the 4 mile, but it just annoyed me when popped it in to get a look at. I think I miss the fit-o-meter at the bottom of the screen. So that will be heading to ebay or amazon. They should have an auction or swap area on this site for excercise stuff. Anyway, not in the mood for eggs and sausage again so I may eat some chicken wings.

Keep on Keepin on.

-OBIE
Old 04-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #158  

Hey everyone. I just had to come on real quick and report a NSV

I wasn't feeling very well this morning, so I decided to work out after work, and just get ready and get in to work early. I was then (wasting time and) changing my mind on the right thing to wear for a meeting today. As I was changing my clothes a couple million times, I discovered I can now fit in to the next smaller size pants I had. Of course, then I had to waste more time, stopping to get white soda (for the stomach upset) and some flowers (to celebrate the pants!), and waste even more time yet, when the register wasn't registering checks! So much for getting to work early. Anyway. . . .

Have a super incredible day everyone. You deserve it! Will talk more tonight
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Red
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I don't know what is going one with my post!!

Red – Love the name Midriff Missile. It is strong and positive! You are getting better you are getting better we all are! I love long walks in the morning just never do that anymore.

beth1167 – Body Sculpting Class is something I have not heard of. Sounds interesting and painful. 

Obsidianbbw – I find I need variety in workouts DVD’s. One does get bored with them and I also dislike that the 4 mile walk doesn’t have the miles meter. Some days just seeing that meter can give you that extra kick. Walk and Jog doesn’t have the meter. But it’s a good workout I couldn’t do a few moves because of bad knees so modifying the DVD doesn’t hurt one bit. Key is to keep moving. KEEP GOING YOU’RE DOING GREAT!!!

jollygirl – Congrats on your shrinkage!!! Hope you feel better.

As for me well busy getting things ready for Easter. We have huge family get together with games for the little ones and adults. This year we are getting my parents an Easter Basket. So I’ve been calling brothers and sisters (7 sisters/5 brothers). To pick something special that doesn’t cost much. Example: I found some Lone Rangers DVD’s on clearance for my dad at Wally World for only .50 (that was one of his favorite shows as a kid) He also loves circus peanuts so I got those. My sisters and brother all have an item (s) in mind for both parents it should be fun to see what they come up with.
I was reading a Family Fun magazine and seen a cool idea for children that I think would work great for anyone’s eating plan. It’s called treat cards the purpose is when the child wants a treat he picks one. He is only allowed a certain number of treat cards per day. I think I could make a few with healthy snacks and include a chocolate one (A must for me) Maybe this will stop my mindless snacking. Got to go grandson just woke.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #161  
Never give up

Thumbs up Day 3 coming my way...

Well, peops, heading out here on Day 3. I am glad I called yesterday clear. I mean, heck, I can't be perfect, but there are ways to make the imperfect passable and that's what I was doing. Doing so encourages me to do better next time around, or the next. In any case, it helps me keep going. On a challenge like this, I think it's necessary. I've done months and months of the more specific kinds. This is the hardest, because it involves everything.

Well, today I am having lunch with the new prez of the company. I'm not a lunch person. I don't enjoy talking and eating at the same time..well put by a recovering binge-er. Lubricating the words with swallows of the malt is more my style, but alas, prez has no time for that this week. So, we'll see how it goes. Our company is so screwed up that she (yes, SHE! ) really has her work cut out for her and I am sure she is finding it all very overwhelming. A little advice and encouragement from a company old-timer could sit well...and that's old-timer as in veteran, you know...though I am actually a couple years older than she is...

Little Bob Seger on the waves here....sounds fitting...

"...Day after day I'm more confused
But I look for the light through the pouring rain
You know that's a game that I hate to lose
Oh I'm feeling strange, ain't it a shame...

...Beginning to think that I'm wasting time
I dont understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
And I'm countin' on you, to carry me through..."
(from "Wanna Get Lost in Your Rock 'n' Roll")

That "you" right there is you all here! So, I want you pulling for me, ok?!?!

Obsidian -- Thanks, on the bar lowering. Glad to hear you're going strong on your exercise challenge. Good luck on keepin' on keepin' on!

mez -- hi there! Heh, that's ok that your posts were acting up. Just posts saying "Red" and nothing else are fine with me! Red...yeah, super cool..I like it! Glad you like Midriff Missile too. Ah, yeah, sigh, I guess I'm getting better. I suppose I should be, after all these years...well, at least I still have a chance. (To jolly) "Congrats on your shrinkage...." Too funny, mez!

jolly -- Excellent NSV! Wow! Bet that felt good...and the pleasant weigh-in as well! Awesome! I just tried on the usual suit and am wondering if wearing it with the gut I have acquired somewhere along the way is better than wearing the usual slouching casual. Which is better, to look like a slob that just may have a cut body underneath or to look a little more put together but have the excess pretty damn friggin' obvious? This is always hard for me and I tend to go with the former because I feel so disgusted with myself for not looking sharp and being sharp. Sigh... but, yeah, you keep up the good work. Nice to get some rewards when you least expect them, eh?

Misti -- Good going!

curly -- You too! Hope you weathered the storm well.

beth -- Glad to see you here. Too bad on the restart but that's not the most important thing. Being here is. No, it certainly doesn't sound like you were lounging around vegging out. Good for you! My walking is always done outside, preferably going somewhere like to work or whatever. If I have a goal in mind I can and sometimes do go for 3 hours at a time. It really knocks the fat off. The treadmill I use to jog as the numbers force me to keep going and I can listen to music without being in danger of being run down by a bicycle or hit by a car. It's easy to walk in Tokyo, if you can stand the crowds. It's safe and there is always a train, subway station or bus stop to aim for if you're pooped. I would gain 100 lbs if I lived in most U.S. cities. I really hate that they are so foot-unfriendly.

Well, gotta go. It's raining out. Already 9:30. Could go to the gym in my suit, but that could be uncomfortable. To go to the lunch with the prez first, then the gym....I guess that's the thing to do...then again, it feels great to have a good workout behind you and meet someone, really brings the confidence to the forefront. Well, whatever I do, I'll try to be up and acting unlike the above lyrics and how I'm feeling.....

Last edited by redballoon; 04-05-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #162  

Evening everyone. Thanks for the congrats. It was a good day. Made it easier to continue making healthy choices, as my success was hanging right on me. I had day long meetings with my boss, and we went out for lunch. I suggested Subway, as I know she does the low carb thing, and I got a salad. Felt good

Mez, that "treat" idea sounds very good. I will have to see how I can add that in. I also like the basket you are doing for your parents. Very nice.

Red - you sound like you are beating yourself up. STOP! Has feeling bad about yourself been a successful tool for getting healthier so far?? You deserve better. You deserve the best!!!

Everyone else, a big I have to go do one more set of ball work - I only did one at the gym, and promised myself i would do one more at home. The dogs LOVE it.

Day 15- no and day 10 - follow the menu, both challenges met. Have a great night everyone.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:20 AM   #163  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 3

carbs=44
walking = 2 miles

looks like everyone is doing well... promise to be a better poster... lol the nice weather has ruined me.. that and my new hobby my dad had a small motorcycle and then went and bought a bigger one and he taught me how to ride the small one... and i loved it .. so i have been zooming all over in the evenings... lol good thing i live in the sticks without much traffic!!!

zoom zoom zoom.......
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #164  
Never give up

Talking

Day 3 is a wrap!! Hurrah!!

jolly, curly, good work!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:27 AM   #165  
Intuituve Eater

Angry Non Scale Victories

Day 7 of my 2 mile WATP DVD challenge. Done with that.

well I got on the scale today and I have lost a half a pound. At first I was discouraged since I thought I had lost AT LEAST 2 pounds, but then I thought back to the stuff I had been reading in the forums and decided to look at it this as a non scale victory. I LOST A HALF A POUND and if i keep things up I won't have to go back to that particular weight again so good bye 357.5. Then I thought to the fact that had I not had such a screwed up weekend it might have been a whole pound. So looking forward to sticking to the challenge this weekend. Also with all the working out and eating better my knees have stopped hurting as much and I just generally feel better.

-

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 04-05-2006 at 09:47 AM.