Old 03-21-2006, 12:14 AM   #16  

Fitday Challenge 1/21, no pause days taken
3fatchick challenge 1/21, no pause days taken
Water Challenge 0/21, no pause days taken

- didn't make it on the water today, but I'll conquer it tomorrow!

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:13 AM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzer5570
It'll last until May 26 (my birthday).
Hey, that's my birthday too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #18  

It's great to see so many of you are sticking with your goals and even if you had to take a pause day here and there, hey, keep going!

Today I completed my first 21-day challenge of sticking with my eating plan, yahooo! Didn't take any pause days. I am going to renew it starting tomorrow and make it just a level one.

It was fun because today I also made my second ten-pound weight loss goal and my third 100,000 step walking goal... AND wore a blouse to work that had been on the "too small" rack.

Thanks to everyone for the great support... you are all fantastic encouragers!
Old 03-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #19  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Dance4joy has done it!!!

Hurrah dance!!
Your first challenge in the bag!!!

Here come 21 dancers
for sticking to your plan !!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 03-21-2006 at 01:34 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #20  

LOL Redballoon... you are always such an encourager to everyone here! Thanks for your good wishes!!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:13 AM   #21  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Thanks for the new thread Red, now I can start ny new challenges as well
1.No red meat, actually this is a no meat challenge, but I like the leeway in case I get invited out to dinner, etc. ~ day 2
2.Exercise daily with 1 rest day weekly ~ day 2
3.Keep my diet software up to date: food log, activity log, weight log etc. ~ day 2
4.Calorie challenge according to my diet software's calculation ~ day 2
All new challenges are level 3, will try not to take any pause days, but I like to know that it's possible.

I'm on day 14 of my no diet soda challenge~ no pause days taken YET.
WOW~ 5 challenges- what am I thinking?
I'm also happy to report that I have lost 2.5 lbs. that doesn't seem a lot, but I've been on a plateau for 2 weeks so I'm thrilled.

Dance~ congrats on meeting your challenge and goals. WTG and for fitting into a smaller size blouse.

My diet software sometimes comes up with quotations when I start the program, and when I started it yesterday after not using it for almost 2 weeks, this came up:
"It is no disgrace to start all over. It is usually an opportunity". George M. Adams
I thought I should share it.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 03-21-2006 at 04:47 AM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:48 AM   #22  

Yay Elyn... glad you have fallen off your plateau!!! Congrats on the weight loss starting up again!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:56 AM   #23  

Good morning all. Joy -Congrats on completing your challenge and getting into the smaller clothes And to Elyn, for the loss Also Elyn, thanks for the quote - really helped today.

To everyone else, thanks for the encouragement, as I restart. The "funny" thing is - my binge yesterday was what could have been just a normal meal before. And boy did I feel it. Yuck! So, here's to new challenges, and healthier ways.

Challenges start 3/21/06

Challenge 1: No chocolate (henceforth referred to as ). Level 1
Challenge 2: Follow menu, with 3 servings each of fruits and vegetables, and counting calories for 90% of day (allow one snack or meal not counted). Level 3.

Wow, challenge 2 ends up covering a lot of ground, huh? Ah well. Will check in later. Must get butt to gym. Have a great day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygirl
The "funny" thing is - my binge yesterday was what could have been just a normal meal before. And boy did I feel it. Yuck! So, here's to new challenges, and healthier ways.
Yay! So that WAS a victory in itself! Doesn't it feel great when you do mess up and realize that it wasn't nearly as fun and positive as you thought it was going to be? LOL

And yes Elyn, great quote!

LOL it was fun making both new tickers yesterday after having met both mini goals in one day... but now they don't look so hot all the way over there on the left... gotta get them moving!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #25  
banned

Dance - I've never met anyone that shared my birthday! That's so cool. And a big CONGRATS on finishing your first challenge! That's great, and keep 'em coming!

So far all is well for my Spring Fling Challenge...only thing is I weighed myself after 2 weeks of not doing it, and I gained 3 pounds. So now I weigh 149. That's almost 150...I can NOT hit 150. Oh gosh...you'd think this would bring my whole day down, but I'm using it as motivation. I'm gonna kick that scale's butt!! LOL

Day 1 of no pop completed...today is day 2, and I have a feeling it WILL be completed. I have so much motivation today.

Have a great day all!!

*Update* Day 2 completed!!

Last edited by Danzer5570; 03-21-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #26  

Greetings all...I'm still here....
Congrats to Red, for finishing the crunch challenge!!!!

And Dancer!!! Way to go on completing your challenge too!!!

As for me, I still can't seem to muster up any self control to stay away from beer...some foods just taste better with a cool, hoppy beverage , especially spicy stuff. Food I probably shouldn't be eating either....
I was doing really well on the exercise challenge, but didn't get it done yesterday so I have to start over. I used the pauses early on....I think I made it to day 15 or 16, so bummer, eh?
I may take a day or two to figure out exactly what I'll challenge myself with next. I need to get serious, cause warm days are a comin and I can't hide under sweaters and fleece anymore. Can I get it together???
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Water - day 4,
Food before 8 pm - day 4 as well.
Excercise: well, Saturday was none, Sunday - swimming and brisk walk of 30 min along the beach. Yesterday, none :-(
Today... swimming I guess.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #28  

Hi all. just time for a real quick post - as I have to go back in to work for a bit. Staff thing I have to put an appearance in at.

Day 1, both challenges, complete.

Joy - you are so cute. I like your new tickers. And your new attitude.

Danzer - glad Spring Fling is flying for you. You go. Cbeta - glad you are getting some fun exercise in.

Apple, I have been where you are at. What do you want for YOU?

Have a great night all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #29  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 8

carbs- 30
walking 2 miles
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 PM   #30  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face do I take the plunge?

Good morning, everyone. I am starting out Day 3 on both my journaling and new crunch challenge. Yesterday I got through them both. Hurrah!

However, on the others, though I got through no white flour, I slipped on the no alcohol when I accepted an invitation to a can of brew after the gym and that led to a slip (all-or-nothing mindset again) on the no-sugar. I am not happy with myself today.

The treadmills at the gym are set up so you see people coming and going and, since I know so many people, I end up waving a lot and gasping short conversations with people as I run. One of the old guys always goes for a can sitting outside the supermarket after he trains and he wanted me to join him. I get a kick out of it, I feel like such a bum, and said OK, only later remembering that it would be a challenge transgression (it's hard to remember them all, I have so many!). Afterward, walking home, I was thinking I have to rethink these challenges. Though the idea is for health, I just HAVE to get working on the fat loss. This is what REALLY bothers me, having too much fat on me and though the eating healthily is MORE important, the way my challenges are set up I can progress on all of them and even gain weight. I thought of this as I downed an entire bag of healthy, but calorie-laded nuts yesterday. I figure this has GOT to stop!!

So, I'm in the process of rethinking the challenges. I don't like stopping them. It makes it too easy to go off the challenges. Restarting because I screw up is fine but just restarting because
I don't feel like getting serious is NOT!! I can't allow this attitude to creep into my efforts. I am probably going to do a calorie count AND all the other stuff together. I may even put them all together instead of keeping them separate. Now, that would be a real killer..and just what I perhaps need to get the fat off.

So, I am considering the ultimate...what I have been shirking all along, the dreaded CALORIE COUNT. This is the only way I'm going to lose weight. I can exercise more. I can eat less but unless I keep track of those calories I just have a myriad ways of maintaining my current weight. Ok, I'm a super-survival machine, but this is not my goal! I want the fat OFF and I've got to quit procrastinating. Whine, whine, life is tough. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's probably always going to be tough, so hold the excuses! This is my self-talk. So, more later....for me, I find tough is better. Gives me something to strive for along the way and if those little successes add up, then I can achieve the bigger goal.

I've just gotta do it or at least try! And, I have revised my weight tracker...up.

CBETA -- Congratulations on getting through Day 4 on your water and evening eating challenges!

curly --

jolly - Good work, jolly! And that is great that your "binges" are now like earlier "meals." That really shows the kind of lifestyle changes we have to make, doesn't it? I need them too. My workouts are my earlier warmups....

Apple -- We're in the same boat, aren't we? Same weight, same tastes for the brew and both having difficulty getting off those last pounds. And yes, bummer on the restarting, but at least you got that far. That's over two weeks MORE than you may well have done had it not been for the challenges. Don't lose heart! I, too, am sick of the hiding under my clothes, but I am also sicker to see what is under them. My hips and thighs are like huge tree trunks and I have also seemed to have acquired a gut. It's disgusting! The strange part is that it seems to suddenly appear, really. I don't know what it is, this line between seeing it and not seeing it, but I swear, one day it's not there and the next it is! Oh, I am soooo sick of this!

Danzer -- Ah, to be worried about hitting 150...that's a good 8 or so pounds away for me. I am glad to hear you have motivation. Congrats on achieving liftoff!

dance -- I meant to give you additional congratulations on achieving your weight and walking goals! How fantastic! And boy, that must have felt great to be wearing that previously too-small blouse!

girlie -- Yes, I like that quote too. Thanks. You're welcome for the new thread. And good luck on your multiple challenges. You sound like me....though I'm considering putting them all together. I hate having to think about too many things and pauses here and pauses there and what not.

chai -- Good luck and I hope to see you posting here every day! Chug that water!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote