Old 04-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #136  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey Jollygirl! You should let this be GOOD for your esteem even if you don't win... you are out there trying and that is a "winner" attitude in itself! And don't forget those 28 pounds gone bye bye LOL.

And LOL yes, craving low fat MILK is indeed a victory!! LOLOL Weird, huh?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:08 AM   #137  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy will be restarting tomorrow....

Hi people. Sorry to have been away again, but I can't say no news was good news. It wasn't. The challenge was okay Friday but Saturday was a loss as was today. I did the crunches today even though I knew the eating was only so-so and the exercise nil. So, I'll be restarting tomorrow. This challenge seems easier but it's not really, because all the components are together and so if one is not there I'm not going to call the day good. Doing the crunches today anyhow though was my training for an alternative to the all-or-nothing mentality. Good for me!

Misti -- You never told me if you are actually Dance, because if you're not, then where is Dance?! How are you doing?

jolly -- Good luck on your Biggest Loser contest. My gym did that too but I never budged, usually forgot about it after the sign-in! Hope you can really show me up! Yes, I hear you on the "not a race" part. Here I am starting over tomorrow. I am NOT happy with myself BUT I did have two of my huge salads and I was surprised to see that it came as a shock to my system. Before, when I was having them regularly, it was no shock. Just goes to show how little good, fibrous food I'd been having...not much. Keep up your good work. Someday you will actually LIKE to look at yourself in the mirror. You will! I've been having a craving for grease myself, not a usual thing for me. I wonder why?!? Excellent work on going home without caving in. Don't salads just make you feel like a winner?

mez -- Hope you enjoy your new book. How is your challenge coming along? Hope things are good with you. Don't worry about typos and such, but you do know you can go back in using "Edit" and fix things if you want, right?

curly -- I'm sure your hair looks great. So glad you like it! A bit of indulgence is worth it. Think of all the money you save on food. So it's not really an extravagance, right?

aileigh -- Great going on all that water. I can imagine that fighting a fire would really dehydrate you. Wow. Well, I did a bit too much rockin' last night.... ....and it wasn't even fun. Actually, if it had just been rockin' it would have been ok, but it was drinkin' and I was out too late and was too ill to get out to the horse today. That really ticks me! I am getting this act together! I will. I will!

Fish -- Congrats on getting through Day 4 on two of your challenges. Hope you've continued with them and that your exercise is coming along too again. You sound like me with the drinking....tsk, tsk. I wish I had gone home early. Too much money, too much arguing with people, some ugly words and what do I have for it, nothing much and some bad memories on top of it all. I guess sometimes you have to give up the "old friends" when you realize that certain times are bygone and should stay that way. This is the way I feel now looking back on last night, out with people I've known for 20 years but I'm just not the happy-go-lucky rocker I was in my 20s...well, if I ever was...

Obsidian -- How are you doing? Are you still going strong on your challenges? Wow, scary stuff, those ziti flashes you're having! But excellent save that was!

Tay -- How's the chuggin' going?

Others?! Where are you? Tia, don't get us all excited about having you back and then disappear on us again! beth, Shad, carla, how are you?! marb, you ok?! Anyone else, newbies, come on in and say heh!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:10 AM   #138  

Hi all. Where is everyone this weekend? Or maybe, like me, your posts got ate?

Misti - thanks for the kind words. You are very sweet. I like your cyberwalk contest. Let me know when you get to Wisconsin

Red, patience my friend. You can do this. You just have to find what works for you. And yes, salad feels like a victory. And I do love it! The only vegetables i really really enjoy.

So, met both of my challenges yesterday. Did start a craving for . I do have a pause day, and I did have a small amount in the freezer of something Ma had made. However, I am going to my sister's today for dinner. I figured I would wait, so if she had something really good today, I would have the pause day to use, and could enjoy it guilt free.

I did buy a cheap ball yesterday. The dogs didn't quite know what to make of me down on the floor with it. Luckily, it is too big to "fetch." Ab workouts, here I come.

Ah well - I don't remember what else I posted yesterday. I do know, now that I am starting to count calories, I am really paying more attention to what I WANT to eat. Even though right now, my goal or challenge isn't to even keep it under a certain number, I am working really hard at keeping it more realistic. I want to make this work.

Ah well. I have to run. Doing my yoga tape, cleaning, off to the barn, and then to my sisters. Fun times. Have a great day all and hope to talk to you later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #139  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday to all of you!

Red... oh I am sorry; I thought it was obvious since my Avatar says "aka Dance4Joy." Yes... that's me... just did not like that old cybername and the picture was horrid!

Jollygirl -- We will wave when we are in Wisconsin (assuming we go through there LOL; I'm not the planner/scorekeeper but we are going the I90 route). But we are hoping to have people from the different areas of the country when we are close by come in and be our cyberguest of honor and tell us a bit about that area! We are still in NY but we logged 266 miles our first week so we are moving our butts LOL.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #140  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hi guys...

well my carbs have been good for the past two days ... however, i didnt get my walk in... cuz i worked all day yesterday ... then my mom had me running all over town for her.... sooooooooooooo once again

i will be starting over....

jolly good going.. thats the way to do first take a look at what u are eating then u can make changes to adjust it...

dance... haha i didnt realize that was u either..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Curlylocks – I’m going to check my library for that book. Thanks! I have read The Total Health Book and have decided that the diet itself would never fit into my lifestyle but she has many helpful hints in there about exercise, food, beauty and mental games. I’ll post some on here. If anyone is interested. Here’s one I’m going to use shaving with your hair conditioner but to watch out since its very slick. I’m going to try this since I don’t always have shaving cream on hand and I love the way my new conditioner smells. I have dry skin so maybe it will help that.

jollygirl – Congrats on keeping your eye on the prize!!

Red – Yes very good for you!!! No I didn’t know there was edit on here will check that out.

As for me. I read the book and have high lighted what is going to work. My challenge was to come here each day and get inspired. Well it is working. I have been thinking more and more about health and fitness and less harping about things I can’t change. So mindset is going well! I am still gathering my plans for code name FLUFF ATTACT!!!
I read (in the book) if you give a name to your “problem” when you doing something to enable it in my case eating if I think Fluff Attack when eating I hopefully will eat less.
I didn’t want to use an abrasive name because I wanted to keep it cheerful. Well as cheerful as one can make belly rolls. LOL hey there’s another name I can go for when I do my abs workout belly roll attack! Humm maybe not will make me hungry thinking of a butter roll. Sorry am blabbing
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:33 PM   #142  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hey, Hiya Red

No time for play this weekend (or for the next couple of weeks I guess. Working 12-14 hour days. Work and sleep and the odd eat - it's all I can do.
Hoping everyone has got it together this week.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #143  
Never give up

Cool Day 1 here I come...

Good morning, all. Finally getting out here. Did my crunches already. Decided not to go to the gym. I don't know. Just sick of the routine. Instead, I'm going to walk quite a large part of the way to work. Haven't done that in a long time. Save a bit on the train fare as well. I'm trying to get back the me I like. It's hard, the lack of money, lack of work, worries about huge debts, it all brings me so down. The private life as well, it just sucks. Sigh. I am sick of the "socializing" as well, the endless beers in endless pubs, all going nowhere. It's so NOT me and yet I do it because I can't think of anything better to be doing...sigh. I think I just have to get working on a project on which I can focus, something that will get me somewhere other than where I am. On a brighter note, I was surprised to see that I didn't look as fat as I thought I had gotten. I think a ton of it was water retention, much more than I usually gain. Strange, probably that coupled with drinking made me really bloat. Still, a lot ISN'T bloat, it's simple fat and that I am going to work on. The shock my system had from the big salads the other day make me sit up and think..this is not good, this is further than I usually stray. So, here goes an attempt to chip away at the massive rock...I cleaned my sink this morning. That is a major thing for me...

Over to you all...

Shad -- Hi there. Hope you can get through this busy time well. Thanks for stopping in.

mez -- I'm glad you're stopping in regularly and I like the idea of naming your projects. *Note to all who don't know mez -- "fluff" is her word for "fat" Yes, we mustn't start thinking of food in the midst of battle, belly roll....j@lly roll... How about Gut Grenade or Midriff Missile? Glad to see you're thinking of what you CAN do. This is something I need to be doing more consistently. I am getting better...I am....I am....

curly -- Well, too bad about the restart, but you probably didn't lose any ground at all, not with running all over town and working so long. Good luck. This is a hard challenge for you, isn't it?

Misti -- Yeah, thanks for confirming you are Dance. No, it wasn't "obvious" at all, since the picture looks totally different and I've never had anyone change their identity while I've been watching... Glad you're still with us.

jolly -- Thanks. Patience is not one of my virtues, though I am much, much better at it than before. Still, it just seems that patience is not really what is called for here. I mean, I have to either do the stuff or not do it, right? It seems like this all is a huge matter of procrastination, nothing more...then again, maybe not. I mean, life throws all sorts of things at you. And I'm the kind of person who wants to be a part of it, not holed up in a routine from which I never stray. To me, that is the ultimate boredom and meaningless. Then again, why is it that my "living" seems to mean gaining weight or losing muscle tone?....well again, I guess too many of the things I participate in are contradictory to the above. Well, good for you for not using your pause day on something trivial. Hope you had a fun time at your sister's.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #144  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

yeah i guess i could wimp out and just say 30 min of exercise... but the point of this is to challenge ones self... sooooooo

day 1

carbs =39
walking =2 miles..

maybe with the time change i can do better... seems like there just werent enuff hours in the day to get everything done
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #145  
Never give up

Smile engines revved.....

Well, I walked a long way this morning. Over 90 mins and am quite sweaty now for it...oh well, that's the price you pay. It was a beautiful morning. Since I did my crunches, if I eat well today I will be able to notch a successful day.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #146  

Hey all. REal quick post before bed. Had a great time at my sisters, but did not get a workout in due to the time. Did not need a pause day, however, as she had a fine selection of but nothing that I felt I really wanted to have.

So, day 13 - no , and day 8 - follow menu, both challenges met.

I hope to have time to chat more tomorrow, but go in for part 2 of my crown, so no promises. Have a great day all
Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #147  
Never give up

Thumbs up Day 1 is OK!

Well, it's getting near bedtime and I'm NOT going to pig out, so I think I can call today a passable day! Hurrah! The eating is probably always the hard part, especially when I am at the office. Boredom, frustration and the presence of snacks make eating well hard. The harder part is probably exercise but I have managed to do that today with the 90 min. walking and crunches early in the day.
So, Day 1 in the bag!

jolly -- Wow! Way to go! Good luck at the dentist's!

Where is everyone?! Sure hasn't been much going on around here. Hope to see more from you soon!

Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #148  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default See what had happened was....

Well the no major carbs (bread, potatoe, rice) part of my challenge was a wash. I had a biscuit friday night and thought ok this is a screw up day. Then I manages to avoid the walking lady (walking DVD) by rolling around in bed then having to jump up to take my sister to a Drs appt. So then I said well thats a pause day on each part of my challenge, sucks, but not horrible...so Sunday I got up first thing and me and the waslking lady worked it out. So Sunday is my day to hangout with my family, so I managed to dodge the rice and peas at my grand mothers house, but my mother made meatloaf and.....mashed potatoes and it was a wrap.

So I am on day five of my walking challege and restarting the food challege. Blah...I have to say the thing that motivated me the most Sunday to get up was you ladies. Normally I would have talked myseld into skipping the whole weekend which would have made Monday all the harder to get up and do.

Also reb balloon I have to say your post was especially inspiring. So keep at it. I am right there with you with the whole debt thing. Anyway, I wish everyone else good luck with their challenges.

Oh, yeah one thing that did come out of the whole failure thing was I realized I cannot eat anything at my parents house...at least for a while....and especially on Sundays....and I managed to go food shopping so 1) I won't spend so much money buying food and 2) I can work on lowering my carb cound which is what the whole part of the food challenge is about.

So there is something positive...blah...

-Obie
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

I think I am going to go back to Day 1. I went to body sculpting class on friday (I thought I was going to die. Better stick with Jazzercize). Even though I was very busy running errands, grocery shopping, cleaning house, etc. I didn't walk this past weekend. At least I didn't sit, eat, veg either.

Red Balloon Hi. 90 minutes of walking. Wow, that is awesome. Do you walk on a treadmill or track? I like going to the local park. I live in Houston and going to the park is the only place outside I can go to and forget I am surrounded by 3 or 4 million people.

Jollygirl Good job on the challenges. Hope the dentist goes easy on you....like lots of novacaine or whatever they give you nowadays. I had fillings a couple of weeks ago. It took 3 hours just to be able to feel again in my mouth.

Curlylocks I'm with you girl. You can do it. Now we have daylight till past 7. "the thin commanments"? I am going to have to check that book out.

Shad Hello. Sorry you had to work so much this weekend. Hope you had a chance to relax too.

Mezmerize Good idea on the naming the problem. Mine is not moving enough and even though I eat fairly well during the week, my weekends can be disasterous. I need to come up with a good name. or names.

Misti Hello nice to see you again. I thought I would see what other threads were out there. I still post to Christian Encouragers too. The more support the better, I think. I have my mom that walks with me and encourages me, my TOPS class, my exercise class, and my online buddies here at 3FC.

Gotta run. Work is picking up. Take care y'all.
beth1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #150  

Hi all. I just had to do a quick report. My weigh in this morning was VERY pleasant. That helped me make a better choice for lunch, and avoid the greasemonster!! Hurray!

Well, best get back to work, then off to my appointment. Thanks for all the well wishes - finishing my crown, so it should be all good.

Everyone, have a great rest of the day, and keep up the good fight!