Old 02-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #526  

Hello everyone! I would like to join Red's 21 day challenge here. Red is really inspirational and I found that last year before summer, Red's challenge really put me on the road to better eating and fitness. I will be posting here and there, but right now I am working 75 hours a week until the end of the month. Congratulations to all that are working on the 21 day challenge, you will get the support that you need here!

Sub
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #527  

I didn't post yesterday. I took a pause day too, (my last one) so That brings me to 16 days. I'm pretty sure I can finish. 5 days is not too far a reach...I couldn't walk this morning though, I was asked to babysit earlier today and I had to spend my normal walking time cleaning the house. A bit of a work out in itself, but it doesn't count! I need to do the dreaded step video tonight I guess. I ordered a new video and it should come anyday now. Sure would be nice if it came today. And day 2 on no beer. Wahoo.....
Way to go RED!!! One more day!!! I hope the momentum keeps you going!!!
Hey tia, don't worry too much about starting over. The start-over club is probably bigger than the completed challenge club. Just get back at it!!
Fish, I'm glad you are feeling better! Weight loss is always a nice side effect of being sick. I never find it to be permanent though....
Hi Marble! I love hearing about your success!!!My waist is usually where I lose FIRST. It's my thighs where it sticks....
Welcome 33! Have you run a half marathon before or is this going to be your first? I have run a few (long long time ago) And I love the challenge of a nice long race, but not too long.No ultras for me!! When I get back into decent shape I would like to set a goal of running in some sort of race once a month. And if I stick to things, I imagine 5K's will be do-able in a few months. Hearing about you and Sushi and Red and anyone else who's running will serve as my inspiriation!!!
Yeh CBETA!!!!
Bummer about your trip to Denver. But you made your goal and thats great!! Keep it up for the next round!!
Hey Jolly! We've got to work on your self-image a bit!! But I want to you to know that you've had a great attitude lately and you seem a lot more positive since the Back to Basics days I see success in your future!!
Hello to everyone else!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #528  
Half-marathoner.

S/C/G: 175/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello there Apple! Thanks for the welcome. This will actually be my second half-marathon. I did one in August of 2004. I trained for the same half-marathon the following year, only to fracture my skull a week or two before the race in a rollerblading accident. It was too bad because I already had all of my training in. So, I'm getting a jump start at training for the April race, then I'm going to keep up my long runs and focus on improving my time for the Columbus half in August. I'll be doing an 8-mile run this weekend and going up a mile each week thereafter, until I hit 12. I'll do a 10-miler the week before the race, then of course the 13.1. I'm very excited and I enjoy my long runs so much. You should definitely get back into it!
thirty3zenlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #529  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by subpremeprincess
Hello everyone! I would like to join Red's 21 day challenge here. Red is really inspirational and I found that last year before summer, Red's challenge really put me on the road to better eating and fitness. I will be posting here and there, but right now I am working 75 hours a week until the end of the month. Congratulations to all that are working on the 21 day challenge, you will get the support that you need here!

Sub
ok i just read back 3 pages

Sub, and any newbies i mighta missed...
==========

Red was right... my challenge was complete on the 7th i took a free day yesturday to just do pretty much any thing i wanted and not have to focus on drinking all those damn bottles of water...

today i am starting my new challenges... yes there is an "s" on the end of that... i am taking on 3... yes THREE new challenges...

so here they are...
60oz of water per day (yes doing this again dont wanna fall off the wagon) - level one

no cookies or candy from school - level three

15 minutes of excercise AT LEAST every day (setting a goal for 15 minutes cause so far thats really all i have time for in the morning but hopefully i can increase this) - level three

so today is day one... cookies/candy - CHECK, excercise - CHECK, water- working on it...

headed to update my siggie now
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #530  

All challenges complete for today. Had 1240 calories and 18 carb grams. Curlylocks, how are you doing? I think I will ride my bike some before I go to bed or do a yoga session.
tiajuanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #531  

Hello everyone. AFter a shaky start, and almost convincing myself out of working out, I had a good day. Though, didn't have time to get the weight training in - will do Saturday. Also, didn't get to the barn because work ran late again. Bad owner. Bad.

But, day 6 of both challenges met and complete. Woo hoo. Made good food and snack choices. I actually have to go get more carrots and celery, as I am almost out. Wow.

Anybody have suggestions how to get recommended daily servings of veggies, when all I like is salad and carrots??? Oh yeah, and green beans.

Have a great night all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #532  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Thumbs up

day 20 is all wrapped up!

welcome to the newbies...

Tia: dang girl 18 carbs??????? I bow to your royal low carbby-ness !!!! Way to go!!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #533  
Half-marathoner.

Eating only 18 carbs would kill a vegetarian! To each her own, though. I'm finding the challenge to be easy for me, but I'll try not to get ahead of myself as it IS only the 2nd day. I haven't turned into a big oat yet. Everyone here is inspiring and I feel very motivated to lose this weight. I'm doing my best not to hop on the scale, since I've decided I'm weighing in once a week and ONLY once a week (Tuesdays). I know how discouraging and disappointing it can be not to see results overnight. I am patient most of the time, but sometimes I am tempted to throw my scale out of the window Patience, Tara, Patience!!!! I hope everyone is doing well!

~ZenLane
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 AM   #534  

Good morning all. Off to another day. TGIF. And then one more week of work before I took a week's vacation. Not doing a whole lot, but it will be good to relax a bit.

Yeh, 33 - I like oatmeal, but not enough to eat it more than once or twice a week. Actually, there really isn't anything I like enough to eat twice a day every day unless you are talking or

I crack myself up.

Anyway. Off to the gym. Going to try and start jogging on the treadmill, so maybe I can keep up with my stepsister for a bit this summer. Biking is more for me though.

Have a super day everyone.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #535  

I normally don't come on line from work, but this morning, I just had to.

Despite feeling very self conscious about being on the treadmill, I DID IT! I did week 1 of my training program, and did 40 minutes/2 miles of jogging and walking. I have a long way to go, and I feel beat, but I am so happy I did it.

Have a wonderful day all.

Also, I have to say I have made some huge strides in work eating habits. If I were at my desk doing paperwork, I always was noshing on something. Hand constantly moving from paper to bag of Lately though, I have been listening to my body more, and eating a snack if I felt hungry only, and trying to find something that would fill and fuel me, vs emotionally comfort me. This is a huge step for me. Now, to keep going

Last edited by jollygirl; 02-10-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #536  

Day 10 no wine completed yesterday ( and turned down a free mimosa this morning!)
Day 7 food challenge completed, one pause day left. Prognosis: dire.

This morning was my third boot camp day - really terrif! And spinning last night. At this rate I should be skinny in no time. (Yeah, right.) The weekend is break time on the exercise, and I'll try to repeat this week's success again starting Monday. Hey, if I keep it up, maybe I'll be able to wear sleeveless tops this summer! Right now the underside of the arms is scary, all crepey and wavy and flabby. I used to roll my eyes when my SM would say (over and over again) that getting old ain't for sissies, but I'm starting to think she may have a point...

Time for a nap.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #537  
Half-marathoner.

Jollygirl--congrats on conquering your emotional eating at work. That's a huge step in the right direction!

Well, I think I almost have my voice back. I still can't hit high notes while I'm singing, but I CAN talk! I hate being sick. Anyway, what I'm getting to is that I finally went for a run. The last day I went running was Sunday (and that was just a mile to motivate a new runner friend). During my 3 mile run today, I thought that I should make it into a challenge. After all, everyone ELSE is taking on more than one challenge. LOL. No, that's really not the reason. I'm not being competitive! So, Challenge #2 is to run or walk 3 miles or more each day. I included walking as an option because sometimes I just don't feel like running. If I force myself to walk, I may hop on the treadmill and suddenly get a burst of energy OR I may get bored while walking and decide to run OR I'll just walk but AT LEAST I'll cover the distance. I ALWAYS get bored walking--maybe that's why I'm a runner. I'm rating this challenge Level 3, as I'm not sure how much motivation, desire, or energy I'll have to walk or run on Sunday after the Long run on Saturday.

I'm just wondering--what motivates everyone here to stick with it?

For me, there are several things:

-Confidence. I like to see it in others and I'd like to see more of it in myself.
-Training. The half-marathon is right around the corner.
-Health. Being healthy is important to me.
-Stomach. I'm NOT happy with it.
-Muscles. I'd like to SEE what I have. I have a layer of fat hiding them.
-Running shorts. I have great shorts that I'm too self-conscious to wear.
-Wall-climbing. A friend of mine used to be into it and asked if I wanted to go with her soon. She's running the half with me, so I told her after we finish our training. I want to improve my body so it will be easier for me to learn.
-Appearance. Yes, I admit--I want to be sexy.

Those are just some of the reasons, others are more personal, but I just thought I'd share.

Last edited by thirty3zenlane; 02-10-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #538  

17 days on exercise, Day 3 on no beer.
I'm all excited about getting back into running shape but now I realize that I can't go running until Sunday at the earliest. And I haven't been since Tuesday. Not gonna happen unless I can get out there every other day or so. Usually I can get my daughter to go with me but there's no way I can go with all 3...school schedule was not favorable and an unexpected child care situation came up. Not the norm so there's still hope...
IF today was still my weigh in day I would be able to report success...1 pound down....I think the real challenge will be to behave myself over the weekend so that pound stays off...I have a lunch date today and a birthday party on Sunday to get through.....
Red, we are anxiously awaiting to hear the news about your successful challenge.......
Carla...who is offering you a mimosa on a Friday morning???!!! Nice lifestyle, chick!
Jolly!! Congrats on a great work out and on over coming some food hurdles!!
Zen...I would say that my motivations are very similar to yours. We have had a very warm week here and I am feeling really SCARED about having to wear short sleeves and shorts. Not to mention a bathing suit.
So that's my MAIN motivation: To look good and feel comfortable in less clothing.
I'd also like to proove to myself and others that I'm not a complete loser...I can accomplish SOMETHING........
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #539  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
day 20 is all wrapped up!

welcome to the newbies...

Tia: dang girl 18 carbs??????? I bow to your royal low carbby-ness !!!! Way to go!!!!
Thanks girl, I really needed to hear that. If I eat what I have planned today I will only have 7 grams of carbs but only 887 calories which I don't think is enough. I'm not really hungry so I have to push atleast another 200 calories by ear.

Last edited by tiajuanna; 02-10-2006 at 03:44 PM.
tiajuanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #540  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Im thinking my next challenge is gonna be a carb challenge.. i just got a 6 lb tub of protein poweder 1 vanilla and 1 chocolate.. so i am thinking i will start to replace one meal a day with the protein powder just as a lil boost in teh weight loss department I need to get down to onederland !
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote