Old 02-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #646  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I realized I forgot to post here today...
Yesterday I did 10 mins, then nearly "died" because of some strange abdominal cramp, which then went away I did another 13.5 min quite easily. That's Day 15 done.

And I forgot to do the other exercise (stationary biking & skipping), so no point in continuing my other challenge now. Must restart. Maybe today if I don't drop dead when I get home - so tired... Must get up by 6 am this week, and haven't been going to bed early enough because I've been watching the Olympics. No skating on TV tonight though, so I'm looking forward to being in bed way before 10 pm.

And just 3 more days left at work - tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday, and then free free free! Too bad there is no way I can get paid for all the things I love to do in my spare time! And too bad I don't have as much money saved up as I should. I don't have little, and probably couldn't really have saved up more than that, but still, after 4 months on a well-paying, full-time job... Oh well, as long as I can find something equally good in April, I'll be fine. Money sucks!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:14 AM   #647  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Real fast pit stop here. Just in and gotta get out again! Just wanted to set angel straight on things. Angel, by what I wrote...gosh, I'm going to have to be more explicit... ....I mean that a pause day is not like a freebie, that you use instead of making your challenge. You WILL do 21 days sticking to your challenge but that may be spread over (in the case of Level 3) 24 days ...or you'll be starting over at Day 1. The pause days are as you like them, planned or oops! gonna need a pause day. Ok, does that clear things up. And like the name, you pause in your counting....Day 7, Day 8, Pause Day, Day 9, Day 10...like that. Ok?
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #648  

Day 15 complete for no-wine challenge, one pause day left.

No time to natter right now.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #649  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

no time? are ya kerfluffled?
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #650  
Never give up

curly!!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #651  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day Three Done

I squeaked in at about 1580 calories (I actually poured 1/2 my glass of wine down the sink last night when I realized it would put me over my limit if I drank the whole thing) on my calorie challenge. I also just made my 30 minutes of exercise by walking around and around Penn Station while waiting for my train.

I am going to try to do cardio today at the gym. Hopefully it will not set off another coughing attack! I'm sick of not doing cardio!!!

Jolly - I have a 5 1/2 year old B/W male and a 1 year old L/W female. The boy is so smart - he has recently learned how to get me a bottle of water out of the bin and bring it to me. However, since he gets a treat for doing so, he sometimes brings me water even when I don't ask for it. The girl dog - not so smart. I'm hoping that is because she is still a puppy!

JCT - that's too bad that you can't have a dog right now. My sister was involved in German Shepherd rescue for a while. That is how she got her dog.

Red - I hope you were able to go play with your horse. I love horses, I think they are so pretty - but I am sort of afraid of them too.

I have to get some work done, but hello to Carla, Chaigirl, Shad, Tia, Tayja, CBETA, Curly, Sushi, Apple, and everyone else!!!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #652  

S/C/G: 245/130/125

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
Real fast pit stop here. Just in and gotta get out again! Just wanted to set angel straight on things. Angel, by what I wrote...gosh, I'm going to have to be more explicit... ....I mean that a pause day is not like a freebie, that you use instead of making your challenge. You WILL do 21 days sticking to your challenge but that may be spread over (in the case of Level 3) 24 days ...or you'll be starting over at Day 1. The pause days are as you like them, planned or oops! gonna need a pause day. Ok, does that clear things up. And like the name, you pause in your counting....Day 7, Day 8, Pause Day, Day 9, Day 10...like that. Ok?
Red Thanks for explaining it...lol. I just wanted to double check so I can prevent myself from messing up.

Day 1 went perfectly, I even doubled my steps!!!This challenge is exactly what I need to get me moving.

Thanks again, Liz
es_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:42 AM   #653  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Summary for Feb.14
A (3-1) Gym: Pause Day (that dinner out killed it)
B (2-0) H2O: Day 2
C (2-1) Food: Pause Day (that dinner out killed it)
D (3-0) Carbs: on HOLD
E (3-0) Lunch: Day 10

My knee is giving me pain around the ankle, I think it's time I seek medical help...:-(

Summary for Feb.15
A (3-2) Gym: Pause Day (too much pain, too busy at work)
B (2-0) H2O: Day 3
C (2-1) Food: Day 2
D (3-0) Carbs: on HOLD
E (3-0) Lunch: Day 11
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #654  

Hey everyone, i'm going to start my first challenge since joining 3FC.
starting tomorrow (Feb 17th) I am going to try and drink only water (with the exception of 1 tea in the morning)... let's see if I can do it!
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #655  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

HI all

Day 19 underway..... chug chug chug....

Fish- WOW! you poured it down the drain?! that's commitment!!!! You go girl!

Curly- kerfluffled... you silly girl Thanks for the grin!

CB- OUCHES girl... I think you are right. perhaps the range of motion exercises knocked somethign a little off kilter???

Sushi- how are you feeling?? I wonder what caused the pain. Do you think you need to go the Dr??? Perhaps a kidney stitch... have you ever had that when you were running?? I have this wierd funky pain in my heel... it hurts I hope you are feeling better.

I'll be back later... my kiddos just came up for breaky. They have been getting healthy doses of Love and Logic lately! "Feel free to join me for breaky as soon as you clean up these toys." Oh boy... have you ever had that kind of "no argument needed" stuff used on you??? But it has been working well for the most part. Well... gotta go... ttyl!
JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #656  

S/C/G: 210/205/140

Dee, here,
My greatest feel better challenge is the water consumptions.
So 1 glass b4 breakfast; one 16 oz bottles during the day; 1 glass b4 bed.
Here goes my first 21 one day challenge with you.
onlinemommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #657  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Whehee hurray good morning!

No problems with running yesterday! I was feeling very motivated and wanted to go for 25 minutes or even 3 full lenghts of the dirt road. Unfortunately, it was still quite hot at 8 pm, and at about 2.5 lenghts, I started getting a bit lightheaded and dizzy from all the heat, so I decided to stop - better stop than drop! I did 23 minutes without breaks, which I'm very happy with. On to Day 17 today!

JTC, thanks for your kind words. No idea what the cramp was or where it came from... it was the kind I get during TOM, but there was no reason for it. I did feel some discomfort earlier that day. It seems to have gone away for good, which is great.

Fish, wow, contrats on the wine! That's the spirit!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #658  

Hello everyone Just time for a quick update, as the dogs are convinced they are STARVING. Horrors

Day 12 complete here for both challenges. Bit rough, as once you start being bad (Tuesday's pause day) it seems like a reasonable request every day.

But, I count today as a huge success. The weather here was bad - snow, sleet, thunder, lightening. The only exercise I got was shoveling, as when I went to the gym after work, it was closed due to the weather. I did have to make a menu substitiution. I didn't have some of the ingredients. But, since I substituted with items on my menu, and didn't use it as an excuse to order in, I count it as a success. (yeah, I could have just ran to the store to grab what I needed, but knew I would be too tempted by the I have been wanting all day, so just stayed in).

Congrats on challenges met for the day. YOu guys are awesome. Keep up the good work.

And have a great evening.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #659  
Never give up

Wink last day!!

Good morning, people! Not a very good start to the day here, with a sick cat in bed with me. I will NOT go into details, but it was a gross thing to wake up to. Now, just to work on some rewriting before going in to the office. I really could use a good sweat-dripping run though. Sigh.

Maybe I could force myself to get to the gym tonight. It's so crowded at night though that you often can't even get on the machines. Friday is the worst. I did get a ride in yesterday. Fish!! there is no "playing" with the horse. I wish. I do, or attempt to do, dressage and this is major work for the horse and the rider, especially when the horse is like mine and doesn't want to work. Talk about sweat-dripping and often on the cold days I get asthma and can't get air. It's a real discipline and super hard work but I am determined to become a good rider so that's my motivation. The mirrors sure make me feel sick though...still it's been worse.

Anyhow, I am in a foul mood as my evening out last night with the office higher-up was cut short just as I was starting to feel mellow. He gets a call about a sick dog at home...yeah, right....and jumps up and calls it an evening. Of course, he is a total flake and I know to expect anything from this guy, but it just felt so, what the ****, ruining a nice evening. Now, I gotta do his work for him, something he dropped in my lap as usual.

Ok, enough of the crap....today is my last day of the journaling challenge. I have not been doing well with eating again, too much junk going down the trap. It always happens when I get busy and irritated and there just has been so much irritation lately. Let's hope things get better....I really just want to stay home and lick my wounds.

Oh, yes, tia wants me to tell you all that she has had to go to the hospital with her kids until next week, but that there is no need to worry and that she will back here with us then. Tia, take care!

Sushi -- Good going with the running! 23 minutes without a break is great! Be careful not to overdo it. Were you well hydrated? By the way, are you in Australia now? as it says by your "location?" I hope you feel better. Maybe the pain was gas or some reaction to some food you'd eaten,

online, Losing -- Glad to have you with us. Hope to see more of you!

JCT -- I like the love and logic system. Wish I'd had a bit more of that instead of the whip and spur! Oh, and there's a huge gap between being "preachy" and just talking about what you're doing and what's up in your life. Don't feel you have to have a gag on, please! If you're concerned though, just PM people. Thanks for being such a sport. What's this heel pain you have? Have you been running?

jolly -- That is great to hear you had a "huge success" of a day. Way to go! Too bad about the gym, but shoveling is major exercise! I remember it well. Keep up the good work. It sounds to me like you're really thinking things through more these days, using real logic to counter the tough times. That shows major progress I think. Good for you, jolly!

CBETA -- Too bad about the dinner killing things, but I hope you had a good time. What is this with the carbs "on hold?" Does this mean you will be restarting but don't know when? I guess, right? You have so many elements to your challenge, or should I say, you have SO many challenges going on. What is the lunch challenge, by the way?

angel -- You have achieved liftoff!! Keep it in the air!

Fish -- You are amazing! But I think pouring wine down the sink could be conceived as criminal behavior in some circles?! carla, what's your take on that?! But Fish, way to go! Coughing fit? What's this about? I hope you're not overdoing it. That is too cute with your dog. Yes, a lot of people are scared of horses. I'm not, but when I'm on them they can be scary with what they do! My horse is small and not into intentionally trying to dump me, as some horses are, but others, they can really lose it. Dressage looks so calm but it is actually very scary because you are making the horse work super hard and building their muscles so they become much more able to really blast off. It's like filling up a keg with powder and sitting on it with a lighted match in your hand!

carla -- Congrats on Day 15!!

Apple -- Glad to see you! I was getting concerned. Lurking were you? Yeah, well, things were a bit rough there for a while... And wow, what's this, the challenge is done!! Well, too bad about the beer challenge, maybe you could just tweak it a bit, say, limit yourself to a can or two and make that your challenge. Good luck on the new exercise challenge!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #660  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

OK my carb limit is 60 i totaled my carbs for the day and had @##$$% 63

so back to day 1 ! However, I am proud of myself cuz i did the gazelle for 30 min. even with the stomach bug.. so patting myself on the back for that..

However... i am bound and determined that i will do this 60 deal.. so once again back to day 1

grrrr talk about being kerfluffled!

tell tia we hope all is well with the lil ones..

CB- hows the knee?

welcome newbies!

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-16-2006 at 07:20 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote