Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #136  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Two books that come to mind Petra....are; Get with the program by Bob Greene and Winning by losing by Jillian Michaels!! (sorry couldn't resist...lol)

Today was a great day. I finished up with 1336 cal, 34% carb/34%protein/32%fat

Breakfast: 2wwheat toast, slice of cheese, pat of butter
Snack:tangerine
Lunch: wwheat tortilla, fake lobsterstuff , 1T ff miracle whip, lettuce, ff yogourt
snack: ff carb countdown smoothie (.5 scoop protein powder)
dinner: 1 slice meatloaf, 2C spinach, 6 spears aspargus
14 glasses of water....gulp*
Old 01-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #137  

Petra I've read the SBD and Mastering The Zone. Both books have helped me a lot but I really love the recipies in the Zone book!

I was wondering if our protein experts could check my shake info and tell me if you thinks it's healthy.

http://www.naturesplus.com/products/...uctNumber=4737

I've been trying to up my protein a bit since I seem to be so hungry all the time recently! I had 101 grams of protein today.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
S: Yogurt & strawberries (190)
S: Ketojuice smoothie (50)
D: Frozen orange Chicken (345)
D: Romaine salad w/lite Thousand Island dressing (60)
S: 3 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1315
Exercise 30 minutes Tae Bo, 1 mile walk outside
Old 01-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #138  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the new book suggestion Petra. That is EXACTLY what I need, besides a personal chef and trainer. I just want someone to tell me exactly when/what to do and exactly when/what to eat. I don't want choices at this time in my transition lol... But a book that can help me figure it out is the next best thing I'll be interested what you think when you finish reading it.

B- coffee/creamer
B- Odwalla Blueberry monster w/2 envelopes rice protein powder
L- 1 corn tortilla, 1 oz string cheese, 1 oz roast beef, 6 pretzels
S- 2 bites banana bread
D- 3/4 C mashed potatoes, 1/2 C SOS, 1 C string beans
S- I'm thinking 1/2 - 1 cup NSA Dryers ice cream

Gotta walk, shower, then figure points and post 'em. I'll bbiab. hugssss ya'll.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #139  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Howdy Partners !!

Petra, you are certainly getting yourself quite a collection of books ! I have read The Zone, South Beach, Atkins, Schwarzbian Principle, and most recently Protein Power I am sure there are others, but I can't remember

I had my first meal out today since starting Protein Power... I had school so for lunch we went to Subway. I had the roasted chicken salad and although the bread smell was to die for I didn't even feel tempted

My overall counts for the day wer 1457 calories, 134 protein, and 33 carbs.

See ya monday !
Old 01-09-2006, 07:15 AM   #140  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

wooooooooooo hoooo! thats the way to do it tlb!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

TLB you are doing awesome. Thanks for the ideas ladies. What I am looking for are books you think every overweight person or at least every overweight woman has read. There is a sort of counterculture to obesity that she doesn't understand and if she started to read some of the books that ALL of us have read than she might sort of start to get the grasp.

I stayed up later than I should have last night to do the quiz in the book. She divides diets into calorie counting, fat counting, and carb counting. From what I can tell, her fat counting would be my equivalent to a low glycemic diet (about 30% fat). Any way, I came out a split between the carb counting and the fat counting. My only criticism of this book is that she doesn't talk about food addictions. At least not from the parts that I've read so far, so she doesn't factor that in to choosing a plan but for other people who have struggled with one diet after another that didn't quite "fit" this is certainly a way to try to find something to get you on the right path. I may actually have to write to this author because she and I think so much alike.

I'm planning to make lamb stew in my crockpot today. I've browned my meat and sliced my veggies and will throw them in at lunchtime. I'll tell you how it turns out. Lamb is my favorite meat.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #142  
Linux Lady

Default Books

Mornin' PICs

I have ordered the Sonoma diet, The Thin Commandments and The Perfect Fit Diet. I am working towards having a diet library like Petra's. LOL

I like the books How to Eat Like a Thin person [old book] by Dusky and Leedy and Thin For Life by Fletcher.

I am still stuck, but I think that maybe the first stage of the Sonoma diet will get me headed in the right direction. I am beginning to think that the holidays did some damage [because I allowed them to of course]!

Curly, your oatmeal eating dog is neat, I used to have a cat who loved pineapple juice.

Congrats to all of the losers. We have great progress in this group!

zoey
Old 01-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #143  
soon to be goddess

Good Morning PIC's!!
Petra....woohoo!! for you, I noticed your ticker is going down down. Keep it up!!!

Valerie and Zoey.....you are going to be our next book worms!! Isn't it great, the more info you learn the more you want to learn. Not sure if you'll be up to Petra's library, but we'll pick your brains either way!!

Forgot to weigh in today, oops....so tommorow is it, no excuses. I hurt my wrist over the weekend and although I've been icing it, I took a pain pill last night and boy I slept well. Groggy though waking up....could have easily slept in and almost forgot about gettting ds up for the bus. Hard to get going today, I might just snooze for a bit later on. I'll check back later, everyone have a good OP day!!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #144  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

yeah i think i would actually go ahead and buy the thin commandments i reaaly liked that one.. the rest i just borrow from the library..

well not sure if we are gonna have to work today or not they were doing some work on the electric service at work.. and wee have to call at 1 to see if we have to come in...(crossing fingers) tho i have had a jam packed morning..

walked 5 miles .. went to workout already for an hour.. took chai up to my mom's house since all the kids in the neighborhood are at school he was able to run around without a leash.. ( he's a nipper!)

so i am tired now and would like to go to work to get some rest LMAO !
Old 01-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #145  
Linux Lady

Petra, reporters have finally picked up the bad dog food story. It has been on TV and there are articles in Business week, The NY Times and The Detroit Free Press, among others. I am so glad that you saw the notice as soon as you did!

zoey
Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Val, I wish I could help with you with info on your protein powder, but I'm not up to parr yet. Hopefully someone here will see if it looks like a go.

I am in pitty party mode today. Everyone from work went out to an all you can eat pizza and more buffet at my favorite pizzeria. I opted not to go for two reasons. My pocketbook, and my health. I would have enjoyed the company though, but my doggies do seem glad to see me.

I broke down and purchased WATP. I'm going to give it a whirl tonight. I can't wait.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #147  
Linux Lady

Thoughts For The Day

You've got to dance like no one is watching and love like it's never going to hurt.

"It's a drum corps field. We just let the football players use it in the off season".

The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the woman who is doing it.

Music can bring about a change from mere existence to life.

People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.

zoey
Old 01-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #148  
soon to be goddess

Petra....Here is the newslink that reported about the Diamond food co.s toxic pet food. I Kobe is doing well and there's been no permanent damage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10771943/ I'm so glad its now in the news, although for some its a little too late.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #149  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

well i was very bad this weekend,my hubby took me to logans roadhouse and i pigged out,i ate rolls,steak, baked tator with butter and sour cream,and had two long island teas.boy i paid for it when i got on the scales today too,i feel horrible for doing that now i just feel worthless
Old 01-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #150  

Smile Two more pounds gone!

Hi PIC's!

I had my weekly weigh in today and I was down two more pound bringing me into the teens.. I can almost see making onderland now!

I paid for 3 more months at curves. They are trying to collect for the last 9 months and I told them I would have to go somewhere else if they were going to do that since it was their mistake! I was checking into Bally's but they are $49 a month when curves is only $39 a month.

Angel Eyes I hope your wrist is feeling better!

Beatles Fan good luck on passin up the pizza. I know this is my one weakness next to peanut butter. It's amazing the calories that can be packed into regular pizza.
Closed Thread