Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Curly-I think that site might be a little too dangerous for me, LMAO!!

I've heard that about the cinnamon too. Fortunately, I love cinnamon.

I haven't seen TLB on the Protein Power board yet so I still don't know if she ever got the web addy. Hope she's finding her way through.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #77  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

haha i went there and looked at all the diet books... and then went to my local library web page and put them all on hold!

cant beat the price tho 9.95 and no shipping!

but borrowing for free is even better! lol

im getting
ann gittleman- "fat flush"
George stella "livin low carb"
and
Stephen gullo "the thin commandments"
Old 01-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #78  

You mean someone beat me to the Thin Commandments too! I can't come up with anything original! You'll have to tell me about that book and whether or not it's worth reading. I ordered The Perfect Fit Diet I think it's called.

I already have the other two. George Stella's cookbook is without a doubt the best low carb cookbook I have. However, he uses a lot of soy flour in his baked goods which gives them a nice texture but a lot of people don't like the taste of soy flour. Fat flush is an interesting read. She is another "toxic chemical" **** like Dr. Schwarzbein. She is also clearly writing to a female audience. Actually you might want to try her 2 week induction plan. It might get your scale to move. It's a VERY structured plan. I think I went over it when momX3 was considering various low carb plans.

Last edited by petra65; 01-04-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #79  
Staying in 1derland!

lmao .. i saw this infomercial about colon cleansers and it scared me half to death.. im sure it wasnt true but they said u could have up to 40 pounds of gunk stuck in your intestines.. and ya need to flush them out every now and then... ??
Old 01-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #80  

Hi Everyone!

That is interesting about the cinnamon. I'm diabetic. I wonder if I sound try it.

I don't know about the colon cleansers. I wonder if you really need to flush it out once in a while?

I'm doing OK with eating today. Shouldn't have had that extra peanut butter sandwich at breakfast.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

B: Zone Bar (210)
B: PB & J sandwich (280)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
S: Laughing cow sundae cone (110)
S: 2 slices low carb bread 1 LC cheese wedge (105)
D: Zone Mexican black bean stew w/zuchini, chicken, salsa & onion (310)
S: Laughing cow sundae cone (110)
S: 3 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1413
Exercise 45 minutes curves, 30 minutes Tae Bo
Old 01-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #81  
Staying in 1derland!

well one thing for sure a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon cant hurt ya

i just had some in my protein powder drink

google cinnamon and blood sugar and have a look..
Old 01-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #82  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Petra~ Thanks, it's really good to be back. I agree with you it's probably more geard for other lifestyle changes, however the more I read it, the more I could actually see my past and present thinking (all except the final stage)...

Val~ As you can see we are not the same weight anymore but I'll be catching up again soon.... It was a very uplifting meeting tonight. 19 ladies this time! Almost double the usual amount hahaha...

Curly~ rofl.. you and Petra are the diet book gurus for sure!! I'm really glad we have you! I've been hearing about the cinnamon thing for a while now. Several companies are marketing supplements based on the cinnamon & blood sugar, diabetes and also cholesterol benefits... and have cited actual clinical studies to back them. I wish I could give more info, if I find any of it at work I'll post it.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new start!!!! I'm gonna keep at this til I get it right!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #83  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

WAAAAA!!!!.....I just missed the first hour of Biggest Loser!!!..... I checked the tv guide and it listed it to start at 8pm....WAAAA!!!!

Just popping in.....CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOSERS THIS WEEK!!! and me too!!!.....I lost another 2 lbs!!! WOOHOOO. I endulged a bit more with all the extra foods and sweets I had in the house with my inlaws visiting, but I guess I must have balanced it out ...(somehow) They fly out in the morning and I can't wait to empty the fridge of all the extra stuff and get my house back to normal!!!

I have yet to catch up on all the posts, but I will!!! Nice to see the thread so busy!!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:11 AM   #84  

Angel Eyes congrats on the loss!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #85  
Staying in 1derland!

lol angel... yep i had to pay zellie (gazelle) 30 min to watch the biggest loser..

ANGEL

Last edited by curlylocks; 01-05-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:58 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

I watched the biggest loser last night too.

I just packed my lunch for the day, and I'm proud to admit to tasting one of the cookies I bought for my girls. I had one bite and it wasn't even good so I tossed the rest of it. Yes, Gwena the chocoholic didn't finish a cookie.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #87  
Staying in 1derland!

dont it make ya feel good to have that control!!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaElleBee
Good Day !!

Well I survived my first day as a Protein Power girl....with the exception of a carb withdrawal headache

Just finished dinner and my totals for the day were 38 g carbs and 147 g protein. Pretty good my first day, if I do say so myself

Jennie - so good to see you again. As always you have jumped right back into the swing of things !!

Petra - any good recipe web sites or books that you can recommend ?

Any of you planning on watching the Biggest Loser special on tomorrow night?

Well I better hit the books before it gets too late.

Hope you all have a great evening !
Ok how the heck do you keep track of protein I lost about 30 pounds about 4 1/2 years ago before I had my DS but I never counted just ate strickly grilled chicken, pork or turkey and ate either broccoli or cauliflower any suggestions???
Old 01-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #89  

Mommy if you use a computerized food log like fitday or dietpower it will automatically track your macronutrients for you (carbs, fat, and protein). Fitday has a free online version that you can use. There are more ways to lose weight than can be explained in a short post here so maybe you should specify what it is you are interested in trying or not trying again and we could give you some suggestions. What you did before sounds awfully repetitive and difficult to maintain for a lifetime. BTW, I'm a big fan of the New Orleans area so I know where you are
Old 01-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #90  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

i went to medical school for medical assistants and they told me that you really do have at least 40 pounds of gunk in your intestines and and stuff making you unhealthy too,i would love to have the cleansing done,,just sounds embarrissing to me
Closed Thread