Old 10-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #166  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Mouse - what mouse?

Bah humbug. Taking a pause day at day 5? 6?. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. When will I ever learn? Aaah well tis done - first day off the rails for ages and ages and it had to happen today. When I stuff up, I really stuff up. Did I enjoy it. No not really and I can feel it there sitting in the stomach - idiot. And no I can't see the mouse.

Last edited by Shad; 10-05-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #167  
Radiate self!

hmm, cheese
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:21 PM   #168  

Exactly - silly me. And I wish cheese was all it was as well.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #169  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

hard to imagine that at this moment I am preparing for dreamland and Shad is preparing lunch.

Ok, you get your pause day BUT it's back to plan again young woman

And I did NOT eat the cookies. I packed them in my bag along with some cracked corn for the mallard ducks in the pond and took a walk around the pond area over to my buddies building and hand delivered him the cookies. DH walked with me and helped deliver the newsletters tonight after the chiropractor. Got extra water, extra exercise and food wasn't stellar but not so bad as to undo the entire day.

I am trying to read your posts but the cable modem is going bonkers. Either that or it's melting down at the idea of Linda T's 4:45 aerobics class. Aerobics at that hour? Even the birds aren't up. Oh wait, 4:45 in Linda's time is actually 6:45 in my time. Ok, I can handle that - where's my Reebok step thingee?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #170  
Choose your hard

Modem is flaking out. I'm getting REALLY ticked off. I will try again in the morning.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:04 AM   #171  
Choose your hard

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAINTER WOMAN - I'd do this in color but this #$%(@#&%&* thing is so slow that the color would fade to black by the time you saw it anyway.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #172  

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
I feel virtuous after my am walk with DH. and plan to do the same tomorrow with cool weather as promised. I didn't take a pause day.... I feel the day I missed was plenty pause enough!

Shad... thanks for letting me know you don't suffer fools... I'm unfoolish in some areas, but not when it comes to moving my body around or putting food into it. I'll keep my dietary whines to myself. Actually, I might even straighten up and fly right!!

OK. I'm off to some knitting and then to bed.
No late noshing.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #173  

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Dear Painterwoman!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 3D_balloons.gif (13.6 KB, 13 views)
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #174  

Default Morning All

Happy Bday Painter woman.... the best to you and all year through! It is a gorgeous morning here and I actually slept in with the pups.... oh it feels like a slow start today. My day off a nd Toby is already so happy not to be put into his bathroom for the whole day.
The challenge is still going well for me and I hope that the vitamins and water is helping me. SO maybe I will make it to the endof this one....
Lots and lots of deer all around the place resting bedded down lots of times and walking around with the dogs in tow doesn't even seem to bother them... Toby has even halted his wee little charge when I tell him to stop!
Hope all is well around this world with each of you and yours!
Mel, are you barking orders with a smile?????
Blessings,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nae, Deer,can't wait until they start to appear at my uncles. Do you have turkey also? We saw their tracks in the woods last week end.

Shad -I'm starting over with this challenge. Yes, I'm a stress eater and I've got to over come that. I' m also adding a no coke or dr. pepper for this one. Coke products really make me retain fluid.

I'm going to my uncles later in the day. Their grand children's school is having grand parents day tomorrow. I'm getting to baby sit. Yes, I volunteered, but I get to have some one on one time with the baby. Yeah, She'll be 2 Oct 30th. And I'm taking back some chiggar's that I got out in the woods last week end. I've never had this many.

Got to get cracking. Laundry has been done and I really want to clean the bedroom before I leave this afternoon.

I've just figured out a reasonable dinner and it's easy so I can eat at a decent time now.

Need to make a couple of phone calls. Going to redeem my plane ticket that I didn't use last Chrismas because of the snow and ice. Making a trip to Dallas to see my oldest sister in November. That's just around the corner.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-06-2005 at 11:32 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #176  

hi folks if i make too many spelling mistakes blame my wee horror who has decided that he doesnt need sleep after all lol i am having continuall battles with nice caring relatives not too put the wee man on the bottle so they can take him off my hands for me to get some rest !!!!! i keep telling them its not the wee man its the bloody rest of them !!! happy birthday painter woman ,brill end of month weigh in results shad and thanks mel for passing on the piccies to shad and to shad for posting them ,shad youll get the updated versions i promise
love to you all and welcome linda t
kirsty and christopher {the lesser of 4 evils }
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #177  

Default Day 1 of 21!!!!

Okay so yesterday is dead and gone and I have to get over it and start over. Day 1 of 21, it will just give me time to complete the challenge before I go away. I've finished beating myself up about it.

I did salvage some of yesterday. Last night I went home and definitely wasn't hungry, fed the cat, got some of my taxes up to date and will have to finish them this weekend. Then around 8.00pm I had my first of the season Northern Territory mango. It was yummy, yummy, yummy. But there won't be too many more of them at the price that one was. I'll wait now until they come down a bit in price.

Last night on the way home, I stopped off at a shop near the railway station and bought myself a new skirt. Its in aqua - which seems to be my new colour this year. Last couple of years have been sort of sage and khaki. This year is bright aqua and a bit of teal. So I am set to go (hot to trot?) for a while now. Need to throw out some of the old stuff to make way for the new. I do like these new clothes in the stretch fabrics - had a lot of sins some of them!

Linus - good to hear from you. Be my guest as to the photos. Had all the girls here going clucky. Tell the rellies to take Andy and Connor and Craig and just leave you holding the baby. That would make life a lot easier all round.

Ceejay - yes well I'm starting over as well. So you're not on your own. What are chiggar's? Sound intriguing - sort of like Hansel and Gretel - taking them to the woods! Have a fun time with the toddler.

Rose - fancy having living deer snoozing and wandering around your yard. It sounds idyllic, probably isn't as you will be cleaning up the deer poo and they will be eating the veges and plants etc.

Painter - hope you had a wonderful birthday and all good things came your way. I promise not to hit you too hard with my stick when the time comes. You'll be wondering why you are here, what with the cattle prod and now the big stick.

Happy - glad to hear you didn't eat the cookies. Did you 'share' the corn with the ducks or did they get the lot?

Okay, duty calls, work to do, etc.

Happy Friday (you lot will just have to pretend it is Friday)
Old 10-07-2005, 07:44 AM   #178  
Choose your hard

Default Day 8 Done

I've gotten through a week of my challenge. By now I am automatically looking for the water and the idea to move and stretch pops into my head several times throughout the day. So something good is coming of this. I definitely need to focus on the food next go round. Right now my knee is killing me. I suspect it has something to do with the chiropractor. It feels twisted. My left foot did slightly turn in for all I can remember. It's straightening out now as the spine is being straightened (so they tell me) so there will be some aches as the body aligns. It does make sense and the pressure I once had lifting my leg is greatly diminished so I will proceed cautiously. Just won't be doing any race walking this weekend

And a glorious weekend it will be - we have a cool snap from our Canadian friends - daytime temps only in the 60's. Fall is here at last. Should be great for working out in the yard - there's much to sweep and pick up. Not sure if I want to rip out the front flowers and redo them with fall and winter flowers (pansies and mums). We have some zinnias in the front that are doing well, the butterflies love them so I'll see how they weather the cooler temps. Hummingbirds are all but gone. It's down to one or two now from our peak of about 20. The ferral cat seems to have taken a new road too - haven't see it in 3 days. Stopped putting food out as I noticed the raccoon was nosing around the other night.

Weekend's plans are to sort out and put away the summer clothes, dig through a box or two for fall sweaters. I will make a committment to go through 3 packing boxes. Need to pick out some of DH's flower and butterfly pictures for a framed grouping on 2 walls. I did want to take the bicycle out but we'll have to see how the knee is feeling - DH has already found a local bike path he wants to try. He doesn't realize/remember that I need to build up the stamina first before we launch on a day's ride.

Looks like it's time to hop in the shower. Will be back this evening to catch up with everyone. Enjoy your day.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #179  

Wowzers, Friday already!!!
This week had gone by in a blink!!

All is well on the school front. The meeting last night had a much lighter and “informed” tone. I spoke on the topic and hope I did okay.
Food had still been much,much better. Mindful. Healthy choices.
I am soooo looking forward to this weekend. It cool again 16C/62F as opposed to 25c/80F all week. ew. I had the ac on in the afts. gross.
I will putter at paperwork and gardening. I have 2 little guys Sat morning so the parents can go to a funeral.

We had a completely chaos free morning!!!!! woohooo!!! It is pajama day at school ,so I didn’t have to get kids dressed and it is pizza day, didn’t pack lunches. It was freakin GREAT!!!
2 pre schoolers til noon and then I am FREE til 3:30 and then only 3 kids coming. Fridays ROCK!!!

I didn't think i had made my challenge but i have. I DID do a modified SB diet and I DID eat mindfully. I am feeling great.

Oh happy sigh!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MEADOW!!!!!!! What are your plans??
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #180  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL KIDS I MADE IT TO THE END OF THE WEEK.....NOT ONLY DOWNSTAIRS BUT WITH THE CHALLENGE. TODAY IS DAY 7 AND STILL HOLDING. I EVEN ADDED TAKE CARE OF LIPS AND NAILS TO MY LIST AND HAVE KEPT UP WITH THEM. I DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT BREAKFAST EITHER. THIS IS A WHOLE NEW ME! LOL SINK IS CLEANED AND EVERYTHING BEFORE 8 AM!
BUT I WILL BE GLAD WHEN THIS 3 DAY WEEKEND IS OVER AND JOHN IS BACK.
A COUPLE I KNEW (FROM INDIA) HAS A DD LIVING NEAR ME. I MET THEM A FEW YEARS AGO. HIS WIFE PASSED AWAY THIS YEAR AND HE CAME TO SPEND TIME WITH DD AND HE IS LEAVING TOMORROW AND I BOUGHT HIM A BEAUTIFUL SUEDE JOURNAL AND TOLD HIM HE CAN STILL SPEAK TO NIRU(HER NAME) ALL HE WANTS WITHOUT ANYONE KNOWING. HIS DD'S BOTH HERE AND IN INDIA ARE TRYING TO RUSH THE GREIVING PROCESS TOO MUCH FOR HIS LIKING. HE WAS BLOWN AWAY FROM THE GIFT AND SPEECHLESS BUT SAYS HE WILL USE IT AS SOON AS HE GETS HOME....MAYBE EVEN ON THE PLANE FOR THE 19 HOURS! I WAS SAD AND GLAD TO SEE HIM GO. THE GLAD WAS BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF CRYING!!! LOL
SO THAT WAS THE LAST DAY FOR HIM AND FOR MAINTENANCE.
THE BOYS ARE SAD JOHN IS COMING HOME THOUGH.....I WAS SURPRISED HOW UPSET THEY ARE TODAY. THEY WERE REMINDED OF THE "OLD" DAYS AND NEVER DID ACCEPT JOHN'S COMING HERE. (SIGH) NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT AND TO BE HONEST I DON'T KNOW HOW I DID IT ALL FOR SO MANY YEARS ALONE. I AMAZED MYSELF!!! NOT A BLDG WE OWN DIDN'T HAVE MULTIPLE PROBLEMS THIS WEEK AND MAINLY CAUSE THEY LET THE PREVENTIVE MAINT. SCHEDULE GO TO BLAZES. CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT EITHER ALTHOUGH I TRIED....SEEM TO BE A LOT OF DEAF EARS AROUND HERE NOW.
WELL ANYWAY..............
I READ ALL THE POSTS AND WON'T COMMENT SINGLY BUT GLAD ALL IS WELL HERE AT THE CASTLE! I NEED A WEEK AT OUR SUMMER HOME TO WARM UP AND SOAK IN THE RAYS.
JEN IS GOING AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND OR SO THEY THINK. I HAVE CUSTODY OF THE GRANDCHILD. BIRDY IS HERE AGAIN! ROFLMAO HE MUST LOVE ME CAUSE HE FLEW ON MY HEAD, TOOK A **** AND FLEW OFF! LOL BUT I'M USED TO GETTING **** ON.ROFLMAO
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. WE ARE GETTING RAIN AND COOLER TEMPS SO MAYBE I'LL CLEAN HOUSE!!! LOL
M NEXT CHALLENGE SHOULD BE GETTING THE LAUNDRY CAUGHT UP!! LOL
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote