Old 09-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I'M SINGING IN THE HALL
JUST SINGING IN THE HALL.........LA LA LA

THE ONLY REASON SHE GAVE ME A HALL WAS SO IT WAS WAY FAR AWAY FROM HER OWN ROOM!!!!!
I WENT TO THE MALL AND GOT MY HAIR CUT TOO! THIS GUY DID A GREAT JOB AND I TIPPED HIM HEAVILY AND TOLD HIM ONLY HE CAN TOUCH MY HAIR FROM NOW ON!!!! MY HAIR IS THIN AND HE GAVE ME THE OLD RAZOR CUT SHAG. I LOOK LIKE I HAVE A FULL HEAD OF HAIR AND HE KEPT IT SOFT ON MY FACE TOO. GREAT JOB! BOUGHT LIV. ROOM TIER CURTAINS TO GO UNDER THE HEAVY DRAPES AND FOUND OUT ONE OF THE VALANCES IS MISSING!!! I ALSO GOT 2 PJ SETS IN THE SOFTEST OF COTTON KNITS FOR LESS THAN 26.OO!!! GOTTA LOVE WALMARTS EVEN IF THE COMPANY SUCKS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES!!! I AM TIRED BUT PLEASANTLY SO. SOLVED THE MYSTERY OF THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND IT TURNS OUT SOME JACKASS FROM HERE TOLD THE ALARM COMPANY TO IGNORE ALARMS FROM HERE TILL FURTHER NOTICE AND THEN PROMPTLY FORGOT TO TURN THEM BACK ON WHEN REPAIRS WERE FINISHED!!! YOU KNOW MEL RAISED A RUCKUS ON THE CEL PHONE WHEN I FOUND OUT IN BETWEEN HAIRCUT AND PJ BUYING! ROFLMAO I LEFT NO WITNESSES WHEN I WAS DONE BERATING PEOPLE!! THE MAN THAT MADE THE ERROR CALLED IN SICK THIS MORNING.....GOOD THING HE DID. TIRE TRACKS WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER HIME. 100 INVALIDED PEOPLE RELY ON THAT ALARM SYSTEM! TO SAY NOTHING OF ME GETTING TO SEE MY FIRIES!

SHAD I AM GLAD YOU DIDN'T FLY AWAY WITH THE NEIGHBORS WASH AND THAT YOU'RE LIVING IN A NO FLY ZONE!!! TAKE CARE LITTLE SIS!!! I NEED YOU!!!

HAPPY I WILL BE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU SO SAVE ME A DRINK!!

HOLLY I AM KEEPING AN EYE ON YOU FROM NOW ON!!! SO BEWARE MOMMA MEL IS WATCHING! LOL

TIG YES OUR NEWEST MEMBER IS A BOY!

OK KIDS GOTTA RUN. TAKE A SHOWER EAT ETC. LOVE YOU ALL....
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Filling out the house

Since happy is content to stay on Manihi and bring up the smoothies from time to time, I thought I had better let her have a look at where she is staying.

Actually for the sake of your waistline Miss Happy, might I suggest that you take alternate months in either place. Once you have as many black pearls as you can swim for, fed the fish and swum with the rays, I doubt that there will be a lot else to do apart from the obvious (they aren't called honeymoon isles for nothing you know). Like many tropical islands, it's strictly holiday time. If you look at any of Gaugin's paintings from the Tahitian Islands, they are all BIG ladies.

Take a look at the apartment that Mel has in the castle. She can really get away from the cockateil in the Singing Hall!

and the views from my room in the castle aren't bad either.

Okay, enough of that nonsense. I didn't get back to put up the pics last night as I had to unearth my CV (Resume) and update it for one of my recruitment places. He is keen to get me on a project in Wollongong (where Kiwi Annie got lost remember) and is promising me all sorts of remuneration not previously dreamed of. They must be desperate! He also wants me to go to Perth. I want to stay at home! So I have sent the CV. Given no guarantees and will wait to see what he comes back with. Why am I doing this - mainly because this bloke has gotten me more work that any of the others and he thinks on the job. He really does try to match the job to the applicant and one can be fairly sure that the job specs that he gives you actually match with the job that is on offer. Not always the case, I can assure you.

Also last night I was so tired. Don't know why, but I was going to sleep over the computer at work in the afternoon and it didn't improve on the way home. Fortunate that I had done gym in the morning otherwise that would have been a no go day. My house looks like a bomb hit. I am going to have to spend sometime cleaning and sweeping before the bugs move in and declare it a bug haven (sort of Manihi for bugs). Maybe like Holly, I need to get a cleaning lady in for a good spring clean.

Tig - that was a short note. Obviously you are reading our journals and just not posting at the moment. That's fine, just pop in from time to time to let us know you are okay. Sometimes it's hard to fit posting in when you are super busy.

Holly - dancing naked!!!! - please not on the glass coffee table - you could scare away the fish!!!!! Probably work out okay with the Manihians though as they like to dance but usually around the firepit and sometimes more or less naked.

Happy, busy as usual. Hope you get good weather for the visit with Mum.

Gotta go do some work.

Last edited by Shad; 09-21-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:21 PM   #18  

Good lord, didn't mean it to be that big. I'll come back and delete it later.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:05 PM   #19  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

What, what is big? Leave it big I say. I am old and have bad eyesight.

Can I go sliding down Mel's hall in my thick cushy socks? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee....

That thar castle's lookin' pretty good Shad. Lovely views. Can I sing "The hills are alive... with the sound of MUUUUUSSIIICCCCC". C'mon Mel, join in. We can just lean over the balcony. And you make a fine point about those ahem, well rounded South Pacific women Shad. I think my sarong is stretched enough. Time to hit those stairs and since I've got the mop already soaped up and ready here, might do a few of those floors while I'm slip slidin' away...

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-19-2005 at 07:10 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #20  

Where's all the folks gone - we're on page 2
Back later.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #21  

Hellooooooooo!
Busy but good day. It is a gorgeous 22C,sunny and breezy, aaaaahhh!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:40 PM   #22  

Hi happy, I can see you're all lit up!! Hope you are havng a great day!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #23  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

"WITH SONGS THEY HAVE SUN FOR A THOUSAND YEARS.....LA LA LA"

THE HALL IS FULL IF MY SKID MARKS ALREADY SO MAYBE HAPPY'S SOFT CUSHY SOCKS WILL WIPE THEM UP!!! LOL
LOVING THE NEW PLACE AND THE PICS....THANKS MISS SHAD!!
VERY BUSY DAY. SIGNATURES WERE NEEDED FOR THE PEOPLE TO RUN FOR ELECTION IN NOVEMBER AND NEXT YEAR TOO.
GLAD IT'S ALL OVER NOW!!! LOL AT LEAST TILL NOVEMBER! ROFLMAO WAS OUT A GREAT DEAL WITH THE BLUSTERY WINDS! NOT SURE WHERE ALL THE THUNDER STORMS ARE...BUT I THINK THEY BLEW THEMSELVES AWAY!!! SUPPOSED TO BE A GREAT WEEKEND AND THERE IS THE BIG ANNUAL TOWN PICNIC ON SATURDAY. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT TOO.
SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW! HAVE A NICE NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:53 PM   #24  

Wow, we all sound so super busy.

Mel, I didn't know you were a political animal. Suggest you run on a ticket to get justice and peace for all!!! They'd vote for you just to get you off their backs!!!!

If the hills are alive with the sound of music, I still straining to hear the singing and yodelling. Maybe my hearing is worse than I thought. We will have to get sheepskin tyre protectors for that floor. If we have to have Happy running and sliding in her socks to polish off the tyre marks, then she will be off back to the island in no time at all! Can't have that!

Watched a tv program last night called Foreign Correspondent. There was a segment there about the worlds wealthy beating a path to Queenstown in New Zealand to live. As an American expat (ex Washington) put it. It is peaceful, it is beautiful, it is cheap and it is safe. Many years ago when I first went to Queenstown, it was full of ordinary folks holiday homes (called cribs in the South Island) and motels. Now it is full of expensive hotels, luxury apartments and millionaires homes. The local population has had to move out of town in order to afford decent housing since the developers are paying top dollar for property to tear it down and develop some more. There is little hope they can ever move back to Queenstown. C'est la vie. That's progress. It has brought wealth to NZ which is gaining a reputation apparently as a safe, clean, green place to live - given the no nuclear policy and the refusal to join George on his mission to 'bring democracy' to the east.

Anyway, have much to do today as I have been given a stack of stuff to do - mostly analysis work which is interesting, since I am not a Business Analyst. Maybe I can analyse some common sense in to the works. No maybe not.

So cheers to all. It's Wednesday, life is on the up again. Hello to Happy's Mum arriving soon and cheers to Nae, Tig, Meadow, Teel and the bumpless Linus + no name (that we know of yet). Time to log in again and wave girls.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #25  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Now these are halls for Running!!! Thanks Shad!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:33 AM   #26  
Choose your hard

Hello ladies

I'm a Business Analyst. Enjoy your work Shad and remember you are not paid to think. Or so they want you to believe.

Kind of sad isn't it to see what was once lovely land now only open to those with lots of cash? Sorry but I also think the wealthy will bring a corruption of their own, even if it is just spoiled friends who think they can do whatever they like. I am glad we don't have to deal with that in the beach house or castle.

I have watched DH's sleepy little hometown grow into a bustling metropolis with traffic, people and the loss of charm it once had. Is now too much like the big city instead of the haven we would run to to get away from all that.

Mum arrived safe and sound. We had the first of many night's visit just laughing and talking. She is starting to look a bit frail to me. It's sad. Cherish the moments you have ... I wish I could take the rest of the week off but I can't. So we will enjoy the evenings. It's gotten warm and humid again. I was hoping for cooler evenings where we could at least go for a small walk. Doesn't look like it's going to happen for the next 5 days. Was almost 100 degrees today. Matched a weather record. Too hot for me yet the pool is too cold but looks very tempting. Even mum was thinking about putting a toe in. Mum just came down the stairs and said I thought you were going to bed 30 minutes ago. Oops, never too old to get chastised by mum and sent to my room, eh? So I just kissed her and said you can't MAKE me, can you? Never to old to get a swat on the butt either

Shad, perhaps you do need to resize the picture. It seems to be setting the page off size. I had to scroll over to read the new posts. I still say it's a grand hall for sliding along in socks...

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-21-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #27  

There I think it is okay now. I didn't have to scroll anyway. If it is still too big let me know.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:40 AM   #28  

Hello chappies...

More news from Linus....
is called CHRISTOPHER JOHN STEWART
He actually weighed in at 6lb 1 oz and not as mother first told me..apperently this false reporting was Andrews fault as he got it all confused in the first place!! C.J. has dark blue eyes at the moment (subject to change!) and has quite a lot of hair and he measured 51 cms. They got home on Sunday and at the moment he hasn't settled down to a good routine so poor old Linus and hubby are still having very disturbed nights.. Oh and he came bursting into the world at 09:56hrs on Friday morning...yay!!

There. I cannot think of any other news but hopefully Linus will get on and regail you with the finer details soon.
I too was convinced the new arrival was going to be a girl...ah well...I guess Linus knows her body far better that we do, afterall!!!!

Shad thats such a beautiful castle you have found for us this time round...mind you, you always come up with somewhere absolutely breath-taking, but I think this one goes straight to the top of the pile!!Is there another ground floor room for little ol' me? I don't suppose the castle comes with lifts to all floors...of course if I am on one of the floors, I will have to hire a Jeeves to run up and down all those stairs. Oh and the summer residence is great too..you have done us proud!!!

Mel how are you doing? What are those pains doing these days? I hope everything is settling down...its about time you got some releif and quality time with yourself...

Happy I am glad you are having some great quality time with mum...It's funny how very suddenly they seem to get frail and old...almost overnight....good story about her telling you you should have been in bed by now!! Enjoy her stay my friend. And give her a quick squeeze from the mad English girl!!!!

Hollyhock how old is DD? You sound as though you and her had a great birthday celebration together.. Sorry to hear DS is being the proverbial pain in the neck at the moment...may this trial pass over quickly!! Great news on the bonus coming your way!!!

Tig...hello to you

Ok thats all from me...take care all....
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:41 AM   #29  
Choose your hard

Aha, Christopher John Stewart, sounds like a very noble name destined for great things... Thanks for the update and clarification Teel. No surprise that Andy got things bungled a bit, do they ever get those things right? Seems like the only men who ever get those things correct are gay... So C.J. is a restless bloke already? Will Linus EVER get any sleep? Told her she should have sat a bit instead of bustling about constantly... poor thing.

I will indeed give mum a hug from "the mad English girl" Teel. loved it. Oh and Teel I see from your tracker that you are VERY CLOSE to your goal. Congrats!

It's doing a bit of lightning and thunder outside but no rain drops to be found and no rain in the weather forecast so what's with that? Trying to fool me into not carrying my umbrella?

Busy day today. I have quite a bit to catch up on at work. Follow up chiropractor appointment tonight - we shall see just how crooked the spine is and what his recommendations are. I can tell you he will not be touching / bending / adjusting me if it hurts like it did when he was examining me last week. I am still sceptical. And I just HAVE to sit down and write the homeowners association newsletter. Am regretting I volunteered for that now truth be told. After the first time it's not that much fun anymore. Being fun is not really the point as much as it takes quite a bit of time to get several pages thought out, lined up and then calling the various ladies to go distribute them to their assigned routes. Not to mention making boring subjects we know most people could not give a hoo hah about interesting. I'm a decent writer but I can't turn drivel into Harry Potter.

Anyway, time to seize the day. Later chickies...

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-21-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #30  

Course there is a suite of rooms for you Teel and Holly the hound. It's on the Ground Floor around the back from Mels Apartment. View is different but no worse. Here you go, move in, make yourself comfortable.

There's a conservatory out the back - not your usual variety I have to admit. If you need to have a look at that go to the Neuschwanstein Castle website. And a grotto.

Okay, bed calls. The cat is grumpy with me because I said we were going to bed and we still haven't made it there yet and that was 1/2 hour ago. I need Happy's Mum to tell me off.

There is some bloke from Pakistan trying to get in touch with me by Skype. I think if he gets any more - shall we say persuasive - then I will have to put an ignore on him - apart from the curse he will get put on him as well. Have no clue what he wants at this time. He calls himself Pak-Afghan. I wonder if I am supposed to feel sympathy for him because he is Afghani????? Aaaaah well! Takes all sorts to make a world.

Okay, I am gone - back manana