Old 09-30-2005, 08:37 AM   #91  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

Hi Everyone, I see we are all getting together to do a challenge.... good one.... ok I am in for water and vitamins. That will be a good start for me to get completed for 21 days.....
I had a nice dinner last week for my friend Bill and yesterday I did a lunch for the lady who altered my dress for the wedding. You know once you have the house fairly cleaned up is the time to have company over and take advantage of clean floors, right!!!
The funniest sight is Toby deciding to bark and charge at the twin mule deer....they were having a go at Toby and he had to turn and run for the house a couple of times.... it was so cute but he could be in harms way if they ever cornered him....
I did a big clean up on the turtle tank and Sparky and Squirt are so happy, I put in a few more rocks that they can dig out sleeping chambers for themselves if they want.
Nice to see new faces here and everyone posting. Hope all is well around the world.
BLessings,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #92  

HI chicks!!

My challenge is to eat mindfully. roughly follow south beach, cause it makes sense and what i was doing was not workin for me.

Shad~ it is relaxing at my folks. They all sit around and do crosswords puzzles and talk about how great they are. Grandma does her puzzle and tunes them out. She always says to me, good lord why do you listen to them and laughs. They wait on her hand and foot. LOL!
hope you weekend is off to a good start.

I will aim for more personals this aft. It is nice to read everyones posts in the morning.

I have been spending time revisiting my eating habits and have been reading up on and doing a modified South beach diet this weeks. I have been living off of sandwiches,cheese and crackers and ice cream for a month and gained 5 lbs.
I have dropped my starchy carbs enormously.
On fitday the last 2 days my numbers have been. 40% fat, 30 carbs, 30 protein. Obviously i need to drop the fats.
A week ago I was at 75% carbs,20 fats,5 protein. LOL!
Every day I seem to have eaten 1 slip up. like yesterday i had cheese and crackers before bed. The old me would of eaten the whole box of crackers and gone for more. I had a handful. So that is a small NSV.
I would say the “diet” has not given me more energy physically( I didn’t lack any) but I feel more clear headed, which is nice. So my goal starting today is to really do phase 1. I am half detoxed as I type.
Our fair is this weekend. Fair food is a non issue. It will be FUN. Both kids will be MUTTON BUSTING.Which is sheep riding just like bull riding. DS came in 2nd out of 22 last year.
Just 2 kids and DD today. We are going to the Early Years group.
I may go back to the thrift shop. I picked up 2 small lamps yesterday. Many of our rooms dont have overhead lighting. It gets gloomy in the winter months. One was a vintage sconce. I LOVE it.Only $2.00. woohoo.
The Avon sales meeting was a bummer in a way. I won an award but dont like the gift, bah. I just started in May but there are women selling $2-3000 but have been doing it 25 years plus. I spose I will get there.
I am doing well. My brain has great ideas and vision. I dont have the time to impliment it. Next Sept is a whole different story. I will have DD and 3 other in school fulltime and 2 other in parttime. Can you say ding dong!!

Hubby was sweet and cuddly last night. Mostly he is just obnoxious LOL!

It is 6C,42F.Nice.Going up to 17C,64F. Perfect!

Off to putter in the kitchen.

Have a glorious day!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad congratulatins on the inches lost. That's where I get the most pleasure from my results.

I'm up in pounds this week. It's probably due to the fact that I grabbed food last week while working those extra days. It will come back off. I will be officially starting the 21 days today. Will make it easier for me to track the days. I'll be putting the results at the bottom of my post. I will most diffinately be watching the carb and sugar intake. I checked my fasting bls this morning and it was at the high end of the of the range limit.

I slept in again this morning. I knew the pay check was suppose to arrive early this morning (it usually gets here about 7.30 a.m.) but I just didn't want to get out of bed. I called Tim, my boss, about 9 and he sent Frank back out to the house just a few minutes after that. Now to go do errands. I wanted to get the living room cleaned first. I'm just not in the mood.

It's so nice outside this morning and smells so fresh. There was a mockingbird singing. We don't have as many birds as we did this summer. Think they are heading south.

Speaking of the south. My cousin's sil has been with the guards in Lousiana helping with the clean up of the hurricanes. I wish I knew how to transfer this picture from my email to here. They caught a crocodile that weighed over 4,000 pounds and over 80 years old, I've forgotten how long he was. They caught him as he swam down one of the streets in New Orleans. The army said that he was to old to hunt animals and that people were an easy target.

Every one have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #94  
Radiate self!

Hi
My computer went for a dive and I have been internetless for over a week I have been keeping at the exercise. I find if I come home from dropping the kids off at school, put on my workout gear and just do it, it gets done All part of my master plan to be on my own side for a change instead of being the voice of ridicule and depression. Who is that voice connected to anyway? Wish she would pack her pounds and get lost I have to re-set up my computer. I lost all my AB picture files It is so funny using an empty computer again. It was my video driver which was the biggest headache but they reloaded windows 98 just to make sure it wasn't something else because they had such a bugger of a time finding a compatible driver for this old IBM of mine. Five years old in computer years is ancient! I will catch up reading and get back to good here soon

Okay, caught up some.

OMG! PainterWoman!! how grand that you have joined us Big hug for the weary chemo blues, I hope you are keeping some balance. I find having a smoothie in the morning both relaxes and peps me up. Be a good way for you to get some yogurt and fruit in. I usually put in a hand full of ice cubes in the blender, a cup of milk, 1/2 cup of yogurt(usually peach) and a small banana and whir it around. I have thought about getting some of that green stuff from the health food store to add but facing green goop in the morning would put me over the edge :b

Last edited by Meadow; 09-30-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:59 PM   #95  

Just an update. I thought today was October 1, therefore my challenge will not start until tomorrow. When doing errands, I stopped and bought a bbq salad. They don't put any bbq sauce on it unless requested. I measured the meat when I got home. Think I 've been short changing myself on that end. It was 4.5 ounces. I'm off to do some more errands.

Oh and since my blood sugar level has been a little on the high side I'm going to go with Holly and do my version of the South Beach/ 4 to 6 ounces of meat, 1 fat, 1 starch, 4 oz veggie, 1 small fruit.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #96  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Day 1 done and dusted.... onto day 2

Morning all,
Just had a call from Teel to say that she is going away for a couple of days. She is not well with these chest pains and has had a ride to the A & E department of the local hospital in the ambulance. Not a cardiac tho'. She is severly depressed, not sleeping, not eating well, not doing much at all. Anyway some folk from church have invited her and holly the hound to stay with them for a few days. I wish there was a magic wand for all the ailments inflicting this special group of friends right now.

Meadow - good to see you back. Nice to know it was a computer problem and not us that was causing the problem. Good on you for doing the exercise. It just takes a few things to jell into place and then you're away with the new you. I hope you had some backup files of the photos and things that you lost???????????

Ceejay - wow crocodile huh. One just doesn't think of those sorts of critturs being displaced in storms and hurricanes. Don't know why, but it never crossed my mind about the predators being on the hunt as well. What did they do with the croc?? If you want to post the pic, save the attachment to a file on your computer and then upload it using the advanced function and manage attachments. You may have to resize if the photo is large.

Holly - good on you for containing the carbs and starting afresh. The mutton busting sounds good so long as the sheep are treated properly that is. You will probably have a hyped up little boy after his ride. Have you thought about food allergies maybe causing some of this behaviour. Tomato sauce was a great one for DS1 to become horribly hyper on and my nephew couldn't take any form of food colouring at all before he became the kid from all ****.

Rose - nice to have you back and posting the news from the wilderness. I love to hear of the deer stories and the wildlife issues. Good on you for joining the challenge.

Happy - I go to Japan on 27th October - just 26 days away now. I'm back here on the morning of the 9th October - the overnight flight gets in around 4.00 am to Cairns and 7.00am to Brisbane. I will probably sleep during the morning and get my brain back together in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to it now to see how Chris is getting on. There's a bit of depression under the cheerfulness sometimes and she doesn't feel like she is making good progress. I didn't say that the internet article mentions it can take 2 - 3 years to stabilise patients with the syndrome.
Congrats on day 1 down. Me also.

Oh yes and Teel says that CJ loves Mel's tiger being rubbed against his cheek. Good choice Mel.

Gotta go, half an hour till gym time and body balance class. See ya.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:46 PM   #97  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I LOVE THE IDEAS OF HAVING 2 CJ'S!!! BIG CJ AND LITTLE CJ!
IT NHAS BEEN A BALL BUSTING DAY....IF I HAD ANY THEY GOT BUSTED. SO I BUSTED BACK AND WHILE JOHN IS ON A CRUIES, MEL IS TAKING OVER THE MAINTENANCE DEPT AT REQUEST FROM AUTHORITY. GO MEL GO! CRACK THAT WHIP. I WILL ALSO HAVE THEM INSTALL A NEW STOVE IN MY APARTMENT AND FIX MY SHELVES. BEEN PROMISED STUFF FOR A LONG TIME AND NOW I WILL GET IT DONE.
EVERYONE BUT TEEL SOUNDS OK. I AM VERY TIRED SO WILL SAY A COLLECTIVE HELLO AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CHALLENGERS! TOMORROW IS DAY #1 FOR ME.
MY GOALS ARE:
DRINK MY WATER
TAKE MEDS EVERY DAY!!
DO THE EXERCISES M,W,F
BREATHING EXERCISES M,T,W,T,F
ART. TEARS FOR THE EYES S,M,T,W,T,F,S
LOWFAT, LOW SALT, LOW CARB MEALS 4-5 X'S @ DAY
KEEP ALL THIS IN THE DAMN JOURNAL THAT SITS HERE LOOKING CUTE!
CAN YOU TELL IT'S BEEN A TOUGH DAY? BUT IT GETS MY BLOOD FLOWING ONE WOMAN IS THRILLED I AM COMING BACK FOR A WEEK AND THE GUYS ARE ALL JUMPING FOR JOY. 2 OF THEM IM HAD TO PUSH OUT THE DOOR AT 6PM TONITE!
SECRETLY I AM GLAD CAUSE I LOVE THE POWER AND THE ATTENTION AND THE BLDG ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER WHEN I AM IN CHARGE. ROFL
WILL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW. I NEED MY BRITISH SITCOMS AND SOME REST. LOVE TO YOU ALL!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:29 PM   #98  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Whhhhhhaaaaaaaatt is that on your weight tracker. Oh lord not Christmas already????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #99  

OK. New month. New goals.
1.Record food eaten. (I hope this will help me get back on Am. Diabetic Plan that my nutritionist recommended-- but to demand that just now would be too much and I'm sure I'd fail..<I get exchanges: 5 meat, 4 vegs, 3 fruits, 3 breads, 3 dairy, and 3 fats I think-- each exchange is approx 60 cal. worth... so it's around 1400>.... but there's no reason I can't start a new food journal) I'm NOT gonna tell y'all what I ate!! But I will tell you if I wrote it down!
2. 20 min walk or stationery bike in the morning before 10.
3. 8 x 8 0z water (not soda, tea, or coffee but WATER!!)

You'll all be glad to know that since I was actually giving a presentation this afternoon, I finally shaved my legs.

Went to Black Eyed Pea for dinner.... didn't do too badly.... tilapia, broc/rice/cheese casserole (well, yeah, I ate the whole serving!!) mashed sweet potatoe (half.) Then to Borders... had brewed coffee rather than a mocha latte... have only had water since.

The other good news is that my friend with melanoma is going to get to have Novalis/radiation INSTEAD of surgery on 3 new tumors. Whoo hoo!! Her surgeon didn't think the radiologist would be able to do it, but Dr. Ed says he can. My friend says that the rest of her life will be a big search and destroy mission because so far, they don't know how to "get rid" of melanoma. Usually with melanoma that's as advanced as her they only give the person 12 months... She's going on 3 years... looks great and is sweet but feisty.

Sorry to hear about Teel. I corresponded with her quite a bit when I first found 3fc.

Y'all enjoy the weekend, y'hear? (Tomorrow is Llama days at the State Fair of Texas, but I think DH want's to do some wood working... so I'll see if I can catch up on snail mail, laundry and some knitting. )
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #100  

84 Days

16 Hours

46 Minutes ...til Chrismas!!!

I am surprised Mell isn't singing deck the halls!!!
I am thinking of putting an Avon booth in the town Market. The are moving it inside Ye Olde Town Hall for the winter.
It is so nice to read news from Nae, Meadow, PW, CJ,Shad, Mel....
HUGs and healing energy for Teel.

I got tired yesterday and didn't do much in the aft. DD went to a Bday party and I took DS to a friends and then called DH and told him to stay in the city! A couple of hours to myself. I took DD to gymnastics and did a mad dash for some lf cheese and raw almonds.

I have an ahem, ahem cough. Last year at the fair I was fevered and shaking. Gotta love 3 weeks after back to school. Everyone gets snotty. Germ sharing angels!!

Having a relaxing Sat morning. I picked up ceiling fixtures for the living room for $5 for 2 at the thrift shop. The old ones were crumbling, literally. 20 year old fake metal and glass, cheap, and ugly.These are old fashioned countryish, almost tacky but I love them, painted glass.
Going to the fair at noonish. DS has hockey practise from 6-8. I might go for a walk and deliver Avon books with DD.
I am going to make and can salsa tomorrow after church.

hugs!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #101  
Happy September

SHAD...IN MY DEFENCE...I WENT TO GET A AUTUMN TRACKER AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY SO THIS ONE WAS THE LEAST XMASSY ONE I COULD FIND! ROFLMAO (WHISPERING....HO HO HO) I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE ANYONE TO NOTICE. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HAPPY!!! LOL HAPPY WEEKEND!

PAINTER~ THE GOALS ARE GREAT. PRACTICAL AND DOABLE.
GOOD NEWS ABOUT YOUR FRIEND.....AND WHAT A SHOW OF STRENGTH FROM HER TOO. WONDERFUL ATTITUDE. NOW WHY WON'T YOU TELL US WHAT YOU ATE?!?!?! LOL INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW THESE THINGS! LOL I DO LOVE BORDERS SO! WE GO THERE ABOUT EVERY 8 WEEKS AND I DO SOME XMAS SHOPPING THERE. CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT BUYING SOMETHING!! I ALSO GET RICHIE'S 2 KIDS HOLIDAY GIFTS THERE TOO. THEY HAVE GREAT BARGAIN TABLES.

IT'S 49* OUTSIDE AND I C;OSED MY WINDOWS LAST NIGHT THANK GOD. WOULD HAVE BEEN AN ICICLE THIS MORNING. FUNNY CAUSE MONDAY NIGHT I HAD THE AC RUNNING!!!
THIS WINTER WILL REQUIRE AN ELECTRIC BLANKET TO GET THE BED WARMED UP I THINK. GONNA GET ONE FOR JEN TOO. HER SKINNY BUTT COULDN'T WARM UP A CHAISE LOUNGE ON A BEACH IN TAHITI TODAY IS DAY 1 AND I HAVE MY WATER AND MEDS RIGH HER AND DID BREAKFAST ALREADY SO I'M OFF AND RUNNING. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

TEEL~ I AM THINKING OF YOU EVEN WHEN YOU AREN'T HER SO TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND HOPE THE RESPRITE WORKS!

NAE~ HOW MANY PETS DO YOU HAVE NOW AND WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES? OTHER THAN SQUIRT AND SPARKY? THE TURTLES MUST THINK THEY MOVED TO A LUXURIOUS LOCATION....NEW ROCKS. TOBY SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO BE WITH AND HOPE THE DEER LOOK ON HIM KINDLY! GUTSY LITTLE DOG!

HOLLY~ THE AVON "MAN" WAS HERE. THE LADY'S HUSBAND CAME TO DELIVER AND COLLECT CAUSE SHE IS SOOO BUSY TOO. I HAD A LAUGH WHEN I SAW HIM CAUSE HE USED TO BE A COP!!! I TOLD HIM AVON MIGHT PAY BETTER AND IT'S NOT AS DANGEROUS AND BESIDES THESE WOMEN HER WOULD PROBABLY BUY A BUNDLE FROM HIM JUST TO GET HIM TO THE HOUSE!!!

MEADOW~ GLAD THE PC IS UP AND RUNNING NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM. I TOO WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO THE HABIT OF EXERCISING IN THE MORNING. CRACKED UP WITH YOUR "GREEN GOOP" CAUSE I BOUGHT A BOTTLE OF BOLTHOUSE GREEN GODDESS(THINK THAT WAS THE NAME) AND HAD A REALLY TOUGH TIME FINISHING IT!! LOL THE COLOR IS NOT INDUCIVE TO GUZZLING IT DOWN! I AM TRYING NOT TO SOUND LIKE A CINIC LATELY(SP). GOOD LUCK!

CEEJAY~ FOR SOME REASON I HAD NO IDEA OF YOUR AGE.
AFTER I BOUGHT A SCALE I FOUND OUT I WAS EATING TOO LITTLE PROTEIN. MY EYEBALL MEASUREMENTS WERE WAY OFF LAST NIGHT I THOUGHT YOU WROTE THAT YOU HAD A "BLOG: SALAD AND FOR A FEW SECONDS I THOUGHT WTF IS THAt????? THEN I GOT CLOSE THE THE SCREEN AND SAW BBQ!!! AFTER LAUGHING VERY HARD I WENT TO BED EXHAUSTED BUT HAPPY.

HAPPY~ I HEAR YA ON THE SINUS SITUATION.THEY TRY TO TELL ME THEY THINK I HAVE MORE "IRRITANTS" THAN ALLERGIES AND I SAID I DON'T GIVE A F... WHAT THEY ARE JUST GET RID OF THEM!! HAS MOM LEFT? I THINK I HAVE MISSED SOMETHING HERE? DID SHE SEE ROCKY WADDLING AROUND THE GARDEN? WHAT WAS THE MEDICATION YOU LIKED? DID THEY TAKE IT OFF THE COUNTER EVERYWHERE? LET ME KNOW.

I BETTER GET GOING AND CHECK ON THE ALARMS. GETTING LATE AND HAVEN'T EVEN TAKEN A LISTEN YET!!! GOTTA EARN THE BIG BUCKS
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #102  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525
SHAD...IN MY DEFENCE...I WENT TO GET A AUTUMN TRACKER AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY SO THIS ONE WAS THE LEAST XMASSY ONE I COULD FIND! ROFLMAO (WHISPERING....HO HO HO) I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE ANYONE TO NOTICE. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HAPPY!!!!
Just for your info Miss Mel, I DID notice but I chose not to say anything because, well... you haven't listened to me complain about your talking about Christmas way back in JUNE was it. Besides, I like your birdies.

Yes, mom has gone back home. I miss her as the lady loved to wash - dishes, clothes, toilets, you name it. I have a fancy Maytag washer and dryer and she said doing laundry was more like playing to her. So now it's back to reality and I have to wash my own stuff More than the washing I miss her company. Even if she did talk over and constantly comment when I was trying to watch my 3 favorite TV shows. She's like her own jeering / cheering section - "Boy he's quite a SKUNK, isn't she pretty, I can't stand that " - yep Mom says blue words I would get my mouth washed out for. But she's so cute and I love her to bits.

Mel, the medication I used was called Actifed. Benedryl and Sudafed just never worked as well for me. Best I can do is the generic version that the pharmacy chains carry but it doesn't work as well and I have to actually sign a form that they send to the state to track my usage - and I can only buy one box at a time. Like I'm going to go to 100 pharmacies and buy 1 box each to cook up a batch of fake crystal meth I had the windows wide open last night and had my favorite soft, snuggly blanket to keep me warm. And if that fails there's always DH - with the furnace body but watch out for those cold as ice feet Good sleeping. Hope you find yourself a nice electric blanket. I would set mine to warm about 30 minutes before bedtime and ooooohhh heaven to crawl between nice warm sheets when you can hear the icy wind blowing outside. They also have what they call bed warmers too which is just a big old giant heating pad that you lay on instead of under but I think I like the idea of the blanket a bit better. Mel, you have like a gazillion things on your challenge - do you want to juggle that many balls at once?

I was hunting the Internet last night for some info for my newsletter and got side tracked and discovered that my SIL out east just made the President's Club for Avon sales. I was breezing through the website (put out by the district manager) and was pretty surprised to see how radically they have shifted the Avon sales strategy.

Come on PW, get on the diabetic diet plan. I will suffer with you (pinkie swear!). I should be on that too so I will feel your pain and longing for those things we want most dearly that we shouldn't have. I the Black Eyed Pea restaurants. The don't have them here in Tennessee, I have to go east (Georgia) or west (Texas) to get to one. Probably a good idea they are far away. They had great corn bread and peach cobbler if I remember correctly. Was also the place I got hooked on sweet tea (sweetened cold ice tea - I know, an ugly concept to Shad).

Thanks for the update on Teel Shad (we love you Teel ) Wish we were closer to visit with her. Enjoy your visit away Teel. I looked at your garden shots on Webshots Shad. Love that red prickly fuzzy flower in the pot. Is that the Christmas bush? (Wait, are you in kahoots with Mel on the Christmas thing? ) Yard is looking quite lovely. I remember the shots of when you first started to tear it apart. Maybe I should front your airline ticket in the spring and you can come and plant my front yard and gardens

Welcome back Meadow, glad to have you back with us. I'm soooo sorry that you lost all your AB pics. You had some incredible artwork there

Ceejay did you notice that sometime during the summer the mockingbirds went away for a while? They were all over in the spring - we used to feed them blueberries and grapes and then they disappeared. There was one mommy mockingbird who built a nest in our tree. She had a bent pin feather so we could easily recognise her. She's back again but stays in the front yard only. They peep a little bit but nothing like the chattyness we heard in the spring.

I just squeeked by on yesterday's day 2 challenge. Just wasn't forefront in my mind. Today will be a challenge with the water consumption - I drink more naturally when I'm sitting at my desk instead of running around the house. And I always have to push the water a little harder when it's cooler and I'm not so thirsty. I am going to try and take the bike out for a while - IF there is air in the tires. DH will probably get all excited and want to do a 50 mile ride while I'm wondering how I'll negotiate the mini hills in the neighborhood

I've got my newsletter done, will go out for supplies shortly and print it this afternoon. Then calls to the block captains to pick them up and distribute (tho I will probably have to drop them off) I can probably get the whole house tidied in the time it takes to do a few loads of laundry. Meal planning today, shopping tomorrow and I have most of tomorrow to myself if I hustle today.

Ok, DH wants to know if I'm ready to go to the store so I'm off. Hellos to Teel, Tig, Holly, Nae and all lurkers.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-01-2005 at 11:29 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #103  
Happy September

Default Are you being served, again?

I WAS MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS, SITTING AND WATCHING MY BRITISH COMEDY DVDS AND THE DOORBELL RANG. IT WAS ONE OF THE MAINT. MEN WITH AN ORDER OF PORK LO MEIN! HE AND THE FAMILY WERE PICKING UP LUNCH AND HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE FOR ME NOT TO HAVE TO COOK TODAY.....I TOLD HIM HE'S AFRAID OF WHAT ORDERS I WILL GIVE HIM FOR WORK NEXT WEEK! HE'S A GOOD 'UN THOUGH.
INSTEAD OF USING IT AS A MEAL I WILL HAVE A SMALL PORTION AND ADD A SALAD AND MORE VEGGIES. THERE'S ENOUGH HERE FOR 4 SENSIBLE PORTIONS AND THE FUNNY THING IS THAT 3 YEARS AGO, I WOULD HAVE SAT IN FRONT OF THE TV AND ATE IT ALL!

HAPPY I AM STILL LAUGHING AT THE GAZILLION THINGS. I THOUGHT LONG AND HARD AND THOSE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT IN ORDER TO KEEP MY STATUS QUO THERE ARE MORE IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT....THINGS I SHOULD BE DOING AND NEGLECT AT TIMES! IF I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE NEXT 21 DAYS THEN JUST MAYBE IT WILL BECOME A HABIT AND I WON'T HAVE TO "THINK" SO MUCH. KNOW WHAT I MEAN? I'M SO TIRED OF THINKING!!!
BYE MOMMA HAPPY!!! SORRY TO SEE YOU GO. SEND SHAD THE TICKET, SHE CAN STOP HERE , SMACK ME IN THE HEAD , SLAP SOME SENSE IN ME AND CONTINUE ON TO YOUR PLACE

I MUST HAVE MISSED THE GARDEN PHOTO BIT. WILL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT THIS WEEKEND IN MY SPARE TIME. I HAVE A POT ROAST IN THE DUTCH OVEN POT AND HAVE BEEN SORTING STUFF IN THE KITCHEN. OLD APPLIANCES I DON'T WANT LIKE A SANDWICH MAKER ETC. FAD APPLIANCES JEN JUST HAD TO HAVE AND LEFT HERE WHEN SHE MOVED!

BETTER GET BACK TO IT. I ACTUALLY HAD A HEATER ON IN THE BATHROOM 2 DAYS IN A ROW!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #104  

Hello every one

Slept extremely late this morning - till 11 a.m. but I had a rough night with another colitis attack. Man I hate that. I gotta find out what is causing this. I'm thingking it's allergy related.

Happy--did you get my email with the crocodile? The mail deamon hasn't sent it back to me this time.

Mel--Are you already in the christmas spirit? Love your tracker, I need to put one of those in my post.

I'm going to post my pounds and inches today since it's the October 1.
Bust------43.0
upper abs 38.5
waist-----40.0
tummy---43.0
hips------45.0
thighs-----19.0
calves-----13.0
biceps-----13.5
Think wearing the pedometer has helped me reduce my hips and legs from all that walking.

Weight is back down to 179.

Mel--I'm going to Paragould today to visit with my aunt and uncle and play with there grand kids. My aunt just called she's already wanting me over there so I guess I'll get ready and go. Would you believe that after 8 to 10 years she is wanting to locate her parents grave site. I don't know why she doesn't go out there with her sister she know exactly where it is.

Gotta go.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #105  

I've already screwed up on the challenge... but I'm not starting over and here's why.
I said I'd walk or exercise by 10 am. If you sleep til 11.... well, you get the picture. But I did walk immediately... and have just had water since. Not hungry so don't have to make any food confessions.

I get tooooooooooooooooooooo ashamed of my bingey times to post what I eat... so I thought I'd spare myself the public humiliation. If I can get the binges managed, THEN I'll go public.

Mel wrote: AFTER I BOUGHT A SCALE I FOUND OUT I WAS EATING TOO LITTLE PROTEIN. MY EYEBALL MEASUREMENTS WERE WAY OFF
My first reading of this made me think, OMG, even my eyeballs probably don't measure up. My waist and hips certainly don't! but then I re-read it.
I can't remember when it was cold enough to want an electric blanket, but it is great to snuggle into a warmed up bed! Unlike Happy's situation, I'm usually the one with the iceberg feet.

Happy-- Yes, Black Eyed Pea has the soft yeast rolls and corn bread. DH and I aren't as enamoured of the peach cobbler as the chocolate cake. I swear it is a half a pound of chocolat frosting, chocolate chips, ganash with a little cake thrown in. The two of us can get two generous servings EACH from one piece. But... um... guess that won't be happening any more.

Hollyhock-- have you thought about dressing up your DH in a cop uniform to distribute those Avon booklets? Might start a whole new craze. There IS something about a man in uniform. (Though my demise (well, one of them) was a session musician who was always wearing a tuxedo. Sigh.) DH owns a tuxedo, but neither of us can fit into it any more.

Speaking of which, he has just emerged from his den. TTFN.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote