Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #136  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

PS LINUS AND CJ SEND THEIR LOVE AND SHE GOT MY PARCEL. EVERYTHING IS GOING OK OVER THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POND BUT SHE IS JUST GETTING USED TO A NEW ROUTINE WITH CJ.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:55 PM   #137  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ok one last post.
SHAD~ I TRIED TO GET THEM TO DO YOUR BATHROOM BUT WE RAN OUT OF TIME TODAY! LOL THE PICS ARE GORGEOUS AND THANKS SO MUCH. I JUST COULD NOT GET THEM HERE!!! LOL NICE GARDEN IDEAS BUT THE COST!!! YIKES!!!

HOLLY YOU SALSA MAKING FOOL. GUESS THE HOUSE IS OK CAUSE I GOT THE PICTURE!!! HOW CUT MYOU ALL ARE! THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING!

CEEJAY YOU DID SOME NICE EXERCISING AND YES IT WAS ME....GOBBLE! GOBBLE!!!

HAPPY PLEASE SEND ME THE SAMONELLA RECIPE CAUSE I CAN THINK OF A FEW PEOPLE I COULD MAKE THOSE COOKIES FOR

PAINTER~ SENDING YOU HUGS AND KISSES BACK!!! GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE OP DAYS!!

MEADOW I CRIED HERE TOO WHEN I GOT THEM. COULD HARDLY SEE TO TYPE AND ASK SHAD FOR THE FAVOR AND SEND THEM TO HER! LOL NICE MOWING JOB!

LINDA YOU BET YOUR BUTT THAT I'LL COME AND RUN YOU DOWN. I'M WORKING ON HOTCUPOJAVA FOR A LONG TIME NOW. MAYBE I SHOULD THREATEN TO RUN HER BUTT DOWN TOO!!!

MEADOW THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AND I WAS OUTSIDE FROM TIME TO TIME BUT DIDN'T THINK TO MAKE IT PART OF THE DAY, EVERY DAY. GREAT IDEA CAUSE I WAS CALMER THERE! LOL
I FORGOT MTO SAY THAT ABOVE! LOL
OK THIS TIME I AM REALLY OUT OF HERE. SHOWER AND BED ARE CALLING TO ME
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

You are adorable little CJ. Linus get some rest.

Doing good on the challenge so far this is day 3. I'm usually good for a 7 day challenge so maybe I can break this one down into 3 7 days.

Happy--Your story about your mom and her bra still has me laughing.

PainterWoman looks like you are getting into the swing of this challenge. Keep going.

Mel don't work those men so hard. Did you borrow Linda's cattle prod when you went back to work.

Hello to Shad, Linda, Holly Rose, Meadow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #139  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Day 4 - get it Shad??? Now you don't have to go looking, looking, looking!!!

Day 4 has bitten the dust. Between the other challenge and this one, I'm getting confused!.

Didn't get onto the forum this morning. Lots of other things to do. Thought I better work hard since I was leaving early to go pick up some Yen and then get an International Drivers licence. Seems you can't drive in Japan without one. I have driven in the States, Aus, NZ, England, Ireland North and South, Scotland and in Samoa, and no one has ever asked for an international drivers licence. So I am now $29.95 lighter in the pocket and to top it off, I have to take my regular licence with me as well. Hmmmmmmm okay. I'll be good. Then picked up the puss cats special biscuits and drove home, did a couple of loads of washing (where does it come from?) and made dinner. In this case only a couple of eggs. I wasn't all that hungry and couldn't be bothered cooking or defrosting. I now need to get to the dishes and make tomorrows lunch. No early morning tomorrow, I have weights to do and I do those after work. It's the cardio stuff I find I have to get out of the way first thing or it doesn't always get done. Painter - don't ever worry about half a**ed exercise. Exercise is exercise and somedays are just not as good as others. This morning for example I couldn't get past level 8 on the stepper. Normally I am at 10 or 11. But today, the breathing was bad, thanks sinus', and I just barely got through it as it was. The Elliptical and the treadmill on the other hand were a breeze. The cycle as always remains my bete noir.

Plenty of action on the thread today by the look of it.

Ceejay - keep it going on the exercise and stuff. 3 x 7 days for the challenge is fine. Whatever floats your boat as long as you just keep on keeping on.

Mel the magnificent - those poor men. You have probably made them work harder than they have in the last year. Hope they all come back tomorrow. Keep on trucking sis, but don't overdo it. You can yell from the living room you know.

Painter - 3 days 60 miles - ye gods. You better keep up the exercise because you are going to need to be reasonably fit to walk those distances. It takes me 10 minutes to walk a kilometre at a good speed, that would be 15 mins per mile walking at 6.6kph on the treadmill. That will work up a sweat within the ten minutes. Therefore count on at least 5 hours per day of fast walking. Deranged - well maybe anyway.

Oh come on Holly and Meadow. Tears!!!! Okay, you too must be the MOST maternal people I have ever met - well you know what I mean.

Happy, 170 newsletters. Hope there is plenty of help to be had. Is it a scintillating scandal ridden gossip mongering tabloid??? Sorry about the bad sleep, but those salmonella cookies will do that to you.

Gotta go. It's time for the lunch, the dishes and a bit of mindless tv.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #140  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies.

Day 4 completed. Barely. The challenge brings it right into my face that I must be diligently mindful of even the most minimal of efforts. Yesterday I did get a load of wash done, hemmed 2 pairs of pants while watching TV, dropped off most of the remaining newsletters to other volunteers to distribute (I only have 21 to deliver myself now), went to the chiropractor and tidied up the kitchen. So all was not lost. The days and mostly nights fly by quickly. I need to get back into turning off the TV and making lists to get things done.

Shad, sounds like Japan has found a way to garner more money from tourists with the license thing. Bah. With all those people can you even drive out there? Can't recall seeing cars, just crowded city streets tho I guess there is a country area somewhere out there. I need to respond to your note, it was good hearing about some things in greater detail.

Ceejay I agree with Shad, 7 day challenges or 21, whatever keeps one foot in front of the other, just keep doing it!

Mel, while you're whipping those people into shape down in maintenance, remember that the slave driver does not work as hard as the slaves Don't burn yourself out now, hear? Are your leaves turning yet? Never been to a New England autumn, need to do that one day. And we will someday show Shad the Manhattan skyline from your park.

Painter, WALKING 60 miles? I can't even fathom. Sounds like a good and aggresive goal to get to. Good luck, I would be in awe of you. Of course that's one of those things you think at the onset you could NEVER do and then what a mighty accomplishment when you find out you can...

Time to pop in the shower. I did not get to work as early as planned - where does the time go? Another opportunity to try again today as I need to leave early for doctors appointments. Have a great day everyone, I'll try to catch up with those I missed later on...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:09 AM   #141  

Good morning!
I KNOW this will sound weird but I think I am lazy. I went to bed last night feeling lazy and unaccomplished. ( sounds like Happy is in the same mode)
For a reality check I started telling myself everything I did yesterday. The list is HUGE.
This is why I post. To keep perspective.I was only thinking of what didn’t get done. I watched TV from 9-10 and then read til 10:30 and went to sleep.I felt guilty about spending an hour online here yesterday morning.

Thing is. I dont have any close friends in real life. I dont have a social life. I dont have a girl friend.My best friends are here. The people who seem to really like me and know me are here.
I need to have something in my life besides kids and housework.
There is just so much to do and I run out of time. When I take time for myself I feel bad about what doesn’t get done.
It makes me sad that I had to hire cleaners to fall clean my kitchen. Yes, I used Avon bonus $$.
Why is life so expensive that we need to work so much. Then it comes back to choices. I could have a “career” job and probably earn $60K a year. Then I wouldn’t be here for my family.Hubby is a carpenter. The $$ is not great. He works fulltime. He does help a bit around the house.He works a 11 hour day of hard labour. He thinks I am nuts for doing housework at 10pm. Thing is, who is going to do it?
AND it is never done.
I have filing and paperwork to do too.For both sitting and Avon.
I still need to can the salsa.
I need to eat mindfuly and exercise more.
I need to call the media guy.
I need to nurture myself.
I need to be tougher on my 5 YO boys here. They were wild and destructive yesterday. It takes a LOT of energy to keep them under wraps.

Kidshave arrived. DS needs to get ready for school. OH, he will have hockey practise every freakin Monday from 4:30-6. WHAT!!!!! Stupid. His coach picked him up from school. 2 mom’s were late getting their kids here. I took 1 with me and raced to the rink at 6. DS was starving and exhausted.

6 kids today. NO PLANS tonight but delivering Avon books. the kids will help. They LOVE to help. They will each pick 1 thing from the catologue at Christmas for helping.

HUGS!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #142  

Default Good Morning

Well I have lasted so far on the challenge too. Little goals but success! Oh my gosh CJ is the cutest...and I two was dewey eyed and just wanting smell him and cuddle androck away an afternoon..... It dawned on me that my dad was a CJ also.... OH Linus take good care of yourself and let us know about the wee one when you are able.
My little lost dog came back but this time the owners actually came to the door and saw him just so happy and contented sitting on my porch. They breed the little oneeyed homey guy so no getting him fixed any time soon.
I took back 3 of the goldfish that have grown too big to the pet store and exchanged for a male guppy to keep my female happy. I left one goldfish the smaller one in there so the turtles would know they still have food if desparate times should arrive. The new batch of guppies have survived to the 5th day so far.....they really have a challenge going on!!!!!!!
Mel, hope you are giving orders with a smile and your cheery dispostition..... heaven help them!
Shad soon to be the world traveller I am so jealous!
We are a busy busy bunch these days and if I don't get that **** newsletter done I am going to lose what is left of my mind......urgh!
Take care everyone!
Blessings,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #143  
Radiate self!

Holly you are the master of everyday improvisation

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #144  
Choose your hard

I certainly don't feel lazy and unaccomplished. I am gone 10 hours a day at a very intense and demanding job. I wish there were fairies who would come in the night and take care of things or that I could wriggle my nose and things would be done snap, snap but it hasn't happened yet. DH does help around the house and I am grateful for what he does but we have a general agreement that he does the outside and I do the inside and he has plenty to keep him busy on his side. Not sure I'd want to swap with him if I could.

My comment was more related to the fact that I realize that with diet and exercise it is too easy to just make all kinds of excuses. They are legitimate things that take up my time but they are in brutal reality, excuses. And excuses don't reduce the dress size any. Excuses don't get you healthy. I'm as busy as the next person and they find time in their day so there's no reason I shouldn't either. Unless of course I'm content to always be what I always am, just whining, never changing. And quite frankly, I'm tired of listening to myself whine, tired of seeing the seasons change and I'm in the same place as I was last week, last month, last year.

And with that I bagged up the last of the cookies to give to a friend I'm meeting for lunch tomorrow. Had lunch with the girls at work - great turkey meatloaf one of my buddies made, I brought the salad and veggies. I'm just about to finish my 2nd bottle of water and it's still early in the day. Will be walking the neighborhood delivering the last of the newletters after work and might just get in some work with the stretchy rubber bands tonight as I watch the Biggest Loser show.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #145  

Happy~ I didn't intend to imply you were feeling lazy and unaccomplished. I meant about the list and everything there is to do in a day with work and home and our health,diet and exercise.I was commiserating about what you wrote in your post.

I dont really think I am that way either but that is how how felt at the end of the day yesterday. I realize it was not realistic.

Anyhow, wishing you the change and fulfilment you are seeking.

Meadow~thanks! LOVE the pic!!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #146  
Choose your hard

Holly guess I'm just saying that you have to rethink how you look at things. Maybe you should go by yourself to deliver Avon books to get a little quiet time for yourself. Heaven knows after a long day with kids you could probably understand the pleasure of 10 minutes of solitude. That way you work in some exercise and get a bit of quiet time.

And let go of the guilt of not getting everything done. That's a hard one to let go - almost as hard as giving up carbs (I know that one too well from both sides). I'm sure it's tough to schedule time for DH to help out when he works a sometimes erratic schedule. You have to decide what's priorities and those are the things that get done first. If there's left over time, they get done and if they don't well there's always tomorrow and if they don't get done 3 days later and no one is dead and the lights and heat are still on, well maybe it wasn't worth fretting about in the first place, you know?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #147  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Holly, the vast majority of us are awfully busy these days. It just feels like there isn't enough hours in a day. Happy has learnt to appreciate what she has done, and grieves that she hasn't done enough - well me too. And I can remember the days when I felt as you do, that it doesn't matter how much I did, nothing seems to be done! That's life at home with kids. In addition I had a DH who used to 'wonder' out loud what I did with my day! So one day I didn't do any of it! It was all still there looking at me the next day. The wondering also abated somewhat. It's a horrible couple of words but routine and organisation is what did it for me. Certain jobs on certain days and guess what? I learned the art of it from my MIL. Bless her cotton socks. I'm sure you are not completely friendless, however there are days when that sometimes seems true and it is fairly obvious you are looking for and need adult company - all those kids must wear one out somewhat. Chin up - it doesn't last forever, and if you keep on with the Avon stuff and work at it as you seem to, you may be able to bring in cleaning help once a month or so to do all the hard stuff. It's worth thinking about. I'm sure Happy hasn't taken offence - she's not like that, but she does ensure her point of view is expressed and good on her for that. We all know where we stand when people let us know how they feel.
One of the interesting things about writing and 'talking' to people from all over the world is the variety of expressions and meanings and how many different people can take things different ways. Sometimes I shake my head in wonderment. What one person may say can have a completely different meaning to others. Take the Kiwis and the Aussies for example. If a thing is Mickey Mouse in NZ - it is viewed with suspicion, not quite kosher or genuine - a bit of a worry. In Australia, Mickey Mouse is taken to mean all things happy and bright - I was going to say gay there but not any more - it's a good happening. So you can imagine that we can get ourselves into some odd arguments and conversations going nowhere just by talking among ourselves. I venture to bet there will be like comparisions between the States and Canada. Probably even from province to province and state to state.

Meadow - wonderful graphics. Holly the Avon lady floating about her business. Lovely colours. Thank you.

Rose - good to hear from you. Challenge is going well - atta girl. Keep it up. Are you into newsletters too?? Maybe you and Happy should pound the pavements together delivering the mail - a bell and a shout and you could be the town cryers just like in the old country. Hear ye, hear ye. Or in local parlance - hear youse this!
That wee guy obviously likes it at your place. He feels at home there. Poor little chap is obviously not getting what he needs at home. Maybe he doesn't like the feeling of only kept around for stud purposes!!!! (A new twist on you only want me for my body!!!!)

Happy - being minimal - this is a real chore for me - those portions. I just can not look at it and say that is about right. My eyes obviously do not measure weight well at all. I can look at a line and say it is straight or not, I can measure distances by eye and be pretty spot on, but weight no way. Portion control is my hardest trial.

No Mel this morning - aahh well she did say that she was wearing out fast and warned us she wouldn't be back till the weekend.

The international drivers licence is not Japanese. I was reading through the book last night and there are several countries which require one of these things. All they really are is a 3 fold brochure, which contains your photo, explains the limitations of your drivers licence in about 10 different languages and is an extension of your own licence. It comes with a little booklet which explains which countries embrace international signs and what they are, what side of the road they drive on, where the Automobile clubs that participate in the international driving scene are. Quite handy. It also warns of some bizarre rules - such as in some parts of rural Asia, if you run over someone!!!! make sure they are dead!!! Hello?? apparently some folk are so poor they send out the old folk to get run over and claim compensation for their injuries. They don't want them dead, they only want them injured. Remind me not to drive in 3rd world countries. Approximately 2/5ths of the countries of the world drive on the left and the 3/5 on the right. Japan drives on the left and so does India - that was a surprise. Not Japan I knew that, but India. Must be the influence of the British Raj. Most other countries in that area drive on the right!! Africa is left, Europe is right. There you go, trivia for the day. Picked up my money too. Now all I need is the ticket (Thursday night) and I am ready to roll. Chris tells me we are going to explore Nagoya and surrounds, do a tour of the Toyota factory (you get to see the cars being made mostly by robot and then get to see all the fancy models in the showroom and sit in them etc.), make some pottery and decorate it, maybe a tour of the Noritake factory (we did Wedgewood and Waterford in Ireland). We are going to a shrine, castle and garden as well. Oh yes and we have to go to a speech competition because one of the students from the school is participating. While she is at school, I can take the car and go looking for autumn colour. It all depends on how well she is and how much she can do. Only 22 days left to wait.

Gotta go and strike a blow for the working person.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #148  
Choose your hard

hmmm for some reason I can't see Meadow's pic, just the box with the big ole red x.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

What a chatty bunch this morning? I like it. I've had a busy day at work and it's still not finished. Maybe tomorrow it will be. Don't know why but sometimes I think Tim thinks I have more than 2 hands. On top of all the paper work that Tim has piled on me I've done some major cleaning today. I had to have a break from this computer.

Training Lisa is a little slow. She can't grasp the full potential of what she is doing. Still a bunch of mistakes is being made. This is what Tim wants this is what Tim gets. He thought it could be learned in a day's time. Maybe it's me and not showing her correctly. She's going to be in for a big surprise tonight. There is the end of the month filing that has to be done. At least it's keeping her busy and out of Tim's hair. She thought she was ready for another report, but she isn't. If this one get's her I'm not sure what she would do with the soil conservation. I'm beginning to see a slight change in her attitude so maybe she will buckle down and get her confidence. I feel like a teacher grading papers.

Hello to every one and have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #150  

Actually I dont really have any close friends. I have former friends i used to be close to but dont have anything in common with now, we talk once a year. I have newer acquaintances whom I really like but we are not close. I do not have a close girlfriend except for the friends I have online at 3fc, my SIL and an old workmate, all online.
I dont feel bad about it I made these choices. What I felt bad about was spending a whole hour online yesterday ,with many other things to do. But it is what I needed and wanted on a personal level. So, I did choose what was right for me but it meant going to bed with mess all around me.
I do have a routine and i am very organized. It is never ending because I work at home. I am looking forward to next Sept,LOL. A whole year from now, when 4 of these kids will be in school fulltime. My load will lighten up radically. i never thought the Avon would take off like it did but I am not foolish enough not to ride this wave and do the necessary work to give myself more freedom in the future.

I take the kids with me because I deliver books on rural routes. They sit in the passenger side and stuff mailboxes. i drive. i also think it is important for them to "work" and give their time to the business that enables them to do extra things.

I volunteer because it matters to me to do what I can in my own small way to improve or maintain the quality and goodness in the world around me.I am very blessed to live where and when I do really. I dont ever want to take it for granted. If no one cares or helps out where would I/we all end up.I start with myself , help guide my children, give time to the school and church...it is what feels right to me.

I have considered that I may hire the cleaners once a month for a big clean to the new year. DH will start to miss work then because of weather and be home more.His days will be 12 hour ones til then.

I do let things go.And I say no to lots too.

I do wonder about the busyness of our world because I know it is not just me or because I am home with kids.

Anyhow, tomorrow will be a lighter day with the afternoon off from kids.I am baking pumpkin pies for a fundraiser for ye olde town hall in the morning. I accomplished many things from todays list and feel on top it all.
I am very looking forward to this weekend home for 2 days and no outings for me.

HUGS ladies. I do appreciate your words, thoughts and time you give.

Last edited by Hollyhock; 10-04-2005 at 08:41 PM.