Old 08-19-2005, 06:54 PM   #121  
Teresa

Default Okay, what is going on with me????

I am trying to find out when the best time for me to weigh myself is. I have always heard that the morning is the best time and that is when I have always weighed myself. I got a new scale and even checked it with a new 5 lb. bag of sugar. It seemed fine. Well, anyway, I got up this morning (7am) recorded my weight at 171.4. I then weighed myself again at 10am and it read 170.6. I really didn't think much of it since I know that your weight can change at any given time on any given day. Then, here is the bizarre part, just out of curiosity I got on the scale again (3:30pm) and it said 165.6! I even did it 2 more times with my DH as a witness. DH even got on and weighed himself and it was what it normally is. I have never, ever, experienced anything like this during my previous dieting, including WW. The only thing that I can think of is that I am getting over that TOM and it could be all water. But, 5 pounds worth? If it is water, how can I keep it off? What should I do? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

T
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 PM   #122  

SATURDAY WEIGH IN: I am so happy to say I went from 232 to 223 this week!!! I am so elated!!!

Brags: I did my gazelle every day for the last 7 days at least 30 minutes a day which is about 2 miles. I stay steady at 4 miles and hour. Today I even did 2 different 15 minute times and then my normal evening 30 minutes and at 4.8 MPH I was impressed! I did pretty good with water and food this week, but this leads to my sag: I gave in and had Taco Bell this week, not once, but twice. I did stay within limits and pushed portion control and didn't eat 3 tacos and a burrito like normal, just one taco and one burrito and no soda!!! Another sag, my baby started Kindergarten this week. I didn't know it was going to be so hard on me. I did great and was so excited for him and as soon as he got on that bus and it pulled away the tears flew out! I didn't even see them coming!

I can only imagine how I will be when my 2 yr old goes to K in 3 years, she is really my baby!

Last edited by AliLewis328; 08-20-2005 at 08:45 AM.
AliLewis328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #123  

Saturday Weigh-in: 164! Yay! I was 166 last Saturday!
ae_chick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:56 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_chick92
Saturday Weigh-in: 164! Yay! I was 166 last Saturday!
Congratulations!!!!
AmySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #125  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Sorry I'm late checking in, gals! We went out of town to Frisco, CO (near Brekenridge) this weekend so I could take sculling lessons. It was memorable! The first day was great, the second day I took an unexpected 'swim' in Dillon Res. (it was *cold*!) Tipping the boat wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be, but my underarm is all bruised from maneuvering to get back into the boat! Brrrr!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. I am down 1 # this week. Gettin' close to breakin' that 200 barrier!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1020.jpg (36.4 KB, 12 views)
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieofarc
Sorry I'm late checking in, gals! We went out of town to Frisco, CO (near Brekenridge) this weekend so I could take sculling lessons. It was memorable! The first day was great, the second day I took an unexpected 'swim' in Dillon Res. (it was *cold*!) Tipping the boat wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be, but my underarm is all bruised from maneuvering to get back into the boat! Brrrr!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. I am down 1 # this week. Gettin' close to breakin' that 200 barrier!
Congratulations Julie!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

Hey girls,

Just reporting my weekly check in! I'm at 168.8!!!!!! That's a total of 7lbs. lost so far for me. Glad to see after my 2 level weeks, I'm down a little I've been doing fairly well, and REALLY learning a lot about nutrition and calorie needs, etc. I've enjoyed it, but I start classes at Texas A&M next week, so I'm hoping I can keep steady. Don't want to ruin what I've started!

My brag is I'm fairly consistently losing 1-2 lbs/wk. My sag would be that my schedule is about to get CRAZY!!!! I've also got LOTS of b-days for Aug & Sept. and going to have to really watch myself at all the parties! (Between family and friends I think we've got 8 at last count!!! That's 2 per weekend!!!) Plus Johnny and I will be celebrating our 10 YEAR anniversary!

Anyway, hope to hear from the rest of you on how your doing!!!!

Have a good one!
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #128  

Good Job Missy!!!

As for me, even after all my mistakes this week, I still am down 1 lb. That is a total of 12 lbs altogeter!!

Getting back on track this week!!

Oh yeah my hubby finally lost 1 lb. He was a little upset that it wasn't more, but it will get better!!

How did everyone else do???!!!!???
Old 08-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #129  
Teresa

Thumbs up My check in

Good for you AmySue and Missy.

Well my check in for this week is good. I am down 1.8 lbs. and finally broke 170. My brag this week is that I have been doing really well with my points and eating right. My sag is that I started babysitting for a friend who went back to work so I haven't been able to exercise. However, I feel like I have by the end of the day though with having a 3yr old and a 5 yr old. Mine haven't been that young for quite a while. After school is so crazy, I then have 3, 5, 7 & 9. I do enjoy it but I'm sure not used to it.

I hope this e-mail finds everyone well and good luck next week to all.

Teresa
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #130  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Smile Can I please join?

I am a mommy to two children ages 8 & 5. My 5 year old will start kindergarten next Tuesday. I am also usually the neighborhood baby-sitter and my house is generally the kid hang-out. (you can imagine the crumbs and fingerprints!!)

I have already lost 5 pounds, and my goal was already to lose 50 pounds by Christmas!!

Can I please be in on this with you all??

Lesley
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #131  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey Lesley! Of course you can join in! Glad to have you!

Great job on losses everyone!

I joined WW last night, so I am changing my current weight to fit their scales w/ clothes on. So, I'm at 202. (I'm was 201.5 last week, so it's not too big of a change.) I'm looking forward to using their Core plan- I think it's something I can really keep track of. I'll count a 'gain' of 1/2 pound to get everything synched up.

My brag is that I got to go row on the water this morning in an 8. Oh, and I survived my first day at college on Wed.

My sag is that, regardless of what scale I am using, I am not losing very quickly. At the WW meeting they did talk some about making sure you are eating enough otherwise you won't lose either. As much as I am exercising, that may be part of my problem. I'll be interested to see if I lose consistently with WW.

How's everyone else doing?
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:05 PM   #132  

Is there room for 1 more? I'm a stay at home mom to a 9 yr boy & a 5 yo girl. I'm doing WW officially because it works for me, but I'd still like to have online friends to chat with and hang out with for daily support. I'm new to where we live and don't have a tremendous amount of friends.
jodilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Joining the 50# by Christmas Challenge.

Hi. I would like to join the 50 pounds by Christmas challenge. I need to lose more like 130, but 50 pounds would be a good start.

I am a mother of a 3 year old (soon to 4 in December). I am married (5 years in December) and I am an K & 1st Grade Special Edcuation teacher. I am also a graduate student. I am going to try Weight Watchers again and make sure to journal. I know that as soon as I stop writing down what I eat, that is when I start gaining again. Accountability goes a long way to keep one on track.

Well, I hope to get to know all of you.

Melody
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #134  

Melody,
I so agree with you about journaling. I've done this before and just joined again and am finding it IMPOSSIBLE to journal every day. Not quite sure how to fix it, but am open to suggestions.

Joanna
jodilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #135  

Hey everybody! I'm Tori and a sahm to 3 under 3. I am excited to see a group forming that all have the same issues and interests. I am working on the first 50lbs too. I weigh currently 236 yikes! I am trying to lose the weight by walking 2 miles everyday and eating sensibly! I would love Firday weigh ins. Um I don't own a scale what do ya'll recommend? Anyway I hope to get to know all of you!
3prettygirls is offline   Reply With Quote