Old 08-10-2005, 12:14 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

Hey everyone!!! Stephanie, Kathy, Louella, Laura, & Janice (If there is someone I missed SORRY). Glad to see new folks! HELLO to you all!

Janice, I agree w/ Julie. Nice to have a wiser soul among us! It's GREAT to hear that you work out regularly. I'm starting to do the same. Keeping 5 grandkids on a regular basis is already quite a workout!! I also LOVE gardening!! Flowers or veggies?

Lori, glad to hear you are doing better! Sick kids and crazy schedules are usually what knock me off the wagon! (I don't fall off, it's more like a shove!)

Julie, HAHAHA on the leg weight thing! (I used to DREAD leg day when Julie & I used to work out in college!) I did Johnny's (dh) leg workout designed for me and I was sore for 3 days!! Ask Sherri how she's feeling, she did it last night!!! Stairs aren't so easy after that!

To those of you headed back to school this semester, GOOD LUCK!
Don't know about ya'll, but at least my kids start a couple of weeks before I do. At least I get to ease into things. Looking forward to working my new fitness/eating goals into the mix!

And yes...Sherri does drink 120 oz. of water in a day. She was at my house this weekend and I thought I was gonna float away just watching her!!!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello
Take Care!
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #77  

Smile Hello

Thanks for the welcome Missy. Glad to hear you enjoy gardening also. I grow all kinds of flowers,lots of fruits and berries and a few vegetables. Right now all my blueberries and blackberries are getting ripe. We just finished up the last of the raspberries and boysenberries. It's fun to be able to see how excited the grandkids get when they find that perfect strawberry or how upset they get when they come running to tell me the deer are in my garden ! Hope everyone is sticking to their weight plan. Remember to drink your water! It really does help to flush your system out and it's great for the skin.
Have a great day,
Janicej
janicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieofarc
You really, really, really need to be making sure you are eating more than that, Laura! Starving yourself will do you no good whatsoever- it actually puts your body in starvation mode and you'll use every single calorie much more efficiently, thus making it harder to lose weight.

And although we may lose quite a bit at the beginning of a diet because our body is balancing out water levels, we shouldn't lose much more than 2 lbs. per week and be safe. Personally, I want to be losing fat pounds, not water or muscle/bone mass pounds. The more muscle, the higher your metabolism, the more fat you can be burning.

We want to hear the you're eating at least 1200 cal. per day, Laura. No one should be eating so little, and especially not someone your age. You need to feed your brain and body so you can be smart and healthy, not just skinny.

Okay, I'll get off my mommy lecture now! (See what you get when you hang out with us old folks!

Just wanting the best for you, dear girl! And starvin' ain't it!
Also to add a little to that my sister is a dietitian and she says that you should only weigh in once a week. The reason for this is that your weight goes up and down during the week and may differ from day to day. Only weighing once a week will allow you to see the difference but not make you depressed. She said that you can even weigh more during the week than you weighed last week. Now to me that would be extremely discouraging. Also with the eating please please eat more than what you are or have been. Also she says that a healthy rate is 2 lbs a week and by healthy she means losing it and keeping it off. So keep that in mind everyone!! I want everyone to be healthy and happy!! So no crash dieting here!!!!!!
AmySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #79  

Hey Everyone!!

My sag for the weekend and current as of now is: I subscribed to this thread so that if someone typed in something new I would know right away and read it and make any comments. Well I haven't heard anything in awhile so I thought that I would come on over an see if anyone was posting ANYTHING at all. Much to my surprise sure enough there was like 3 pages that I hadn't even read yet. I don't know whats going on but

My brag is: I have been exercising more than what I ever thought I would. I spend about 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening on the treadmill. Yesturday I got some weird spurt of energy and instead of walking on the treadmill.... I jogged!!!

I am trying to keep up on my fluids, but I am having an extremely hard time doing so. Watching what I eat is nothing!!! I am keeping track of my fat grams. I eat anywhere from 30 to 40 a day!! But for some reason I can't make myself drink that much water. HELP!!!!! Any ideas???????/
Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

AmySue,
I HATE drinking water!!! The only way I can make myself drink it is to add a little lemon juice. Don't know it will help you, but it works for me
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmedcalf
AmySue,
I HATE drinking water!!! The only way I can make myself drink it is to add a little lemon juice. Don't know it will help you, but it works for me
Missy
Hmm... I will have to try that! Today I tried adding a splash of tea to it and so far it doesn't taste like water just extremely weak tea.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #82  
~Mom on a Mission~

It always cracks me up (in a sarcastic way) when healthy, thin people try to help out an overweight person with information.

If it was by information only that helped one lose weight, we would all be supermodels!! Every overweight person I know is VERY knowledgable about food and calories and latest food information and exercise and why to drink TONS of water, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc....

It takes more than knowledge. Commitment, support, prayer, determination, stubborn will, and more prayer. What else am I missing??
MommaB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #83  

AmySue,
Try drinking Propel or Fruit-2-0 (flavored waters). They taste a lot better than plain water! Especially if you stick them in the fridge for a little while before you drink them. Yum!
ae_chick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #84  

MommaB3,
I know something! It takes TIME!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_chick92
AmySue,
Try drinking Propel or Fruit-2-0 (flavored waters). They taste a lot better than plain water! Especially if you stick them in the fridge for a little while before you drink them. Yum!
I have heard of those but thought that they were like carbonated, are they?? Otherwise it might be worthwile for me to try. Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #86  

The easiest way that I have found to drink water is to fill up 3 or 4 24 oz. bottles and keep them in the fridge at all times. For me it is much easier to drink plenty of water if you can actually see how much you have drank during the day instead of just refilling a glass here and there. Cold water is much easier for me to drink. Water that is room temp. makes me sick to my stomach.
txmom2ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #87  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmySue
I have heard of those but thought that they were like carbonated, are they?? Otherwise it might be worthwile for me to try. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

No, they aren't carbonated...well I'm not sure about Fruit-2-0 but I am POSITIVE that Propel isn't. One of my friends loves Fruit-2-0 but I've never tried it. But I love Propel...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 PM   #88  

I would love to lose 50 pounds by Christmas! I am on day 4 of my diet, back on the wagon I guess I should say!
AliLewis328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #89  
Teresa

Default I would love to join in.

I just registered for this site this evening and was looking around and stumbled onto this group. I have read all the posts and am very excited about all the help and support given. I would love to lose 50 by Christmas.

I am a SAHM of two. DD-9, DS-7. I have started WW online and have lost three pounds the first week. I am excited about that and really hope it continues. I am doing really well on my points right now because it is new but I get board and lazy about things really fast. Currently, I weigh in for WW on Monday mornings so it will be really interesting to see how much the weekend really does effect my weight.

My SAG is that it is my TOM and I want food!!!! For now, I am keeping my self redirected by doing extra cleaning and stuff, but I KNOW this will not work for next month when this whole point thing isn't so new. I need a strategy...a plan of action. Any ideas?

Well all for now, I am so thinkful to have a place like this to vent, share, care and encourage. Thanks.
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:13 AM   #90  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Smile hi! can I join in the fun too??

Hi! My name is Lori. I am 32, married to Jim for 9 years now ( yesterday was our wedding anniversary) and we have 3 daughters Emily who is 6 1/2, Madelyn 2 1/2, & Abigail who will be 1 on Sept 27th. I started weight watchers about 2 weeks ago & I have lost 5lbs from my starting weight. I cannot attend the meetings since I cannot pay the 10.95 a week. To me that is way too much especially since I am a stay at home mom. I am planning on joining TOPS just for the support. I know it is $20 to join for the year then a weekly due of a dollar or two. I think that 50lbs by Christmas is a great goal & i know that we call can do it. Right now I am having some difficulty with getting in my water ( my goal is 120 oz) and some major problems getting exercise. Any suggestion in those areas would be great.
Gotta go the baby is waking up!!
Great to meet you all!!
Lori
mommapossum is offline   Reply With Quote