Old 08-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #136  
Mommy9802

Question Can i join the group?

Hi Everyone!

My name is Alisha and i am a mother of 2 beautiful children, there ages are 3 and 6! I am 22 years old who has battled with depression for the last 21/2 years. And somewhere in all that i really lost track of myself and gained ALOT of weight! And i want to change that TODAY! I need the help and support of people who are like me and want the same things i do. I am planning on starting the Atkins Diet tomorrow (Monday August 29th) I would LOVE to loose 50 pounds by Christmas! I am ready to start doing something for me for a change! Because i need to, i want to see my kids grow up. I want to beable to do normal activities without going out of breath. Can i please join this group! Thanks in advance

Alisha

Last edited by mommy9802; 08-28-2005 at 04:38 PM.
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Hi all. I hope you all are having a nice weekend. I am in the path of hurricane Katrina so I may lose power soon and not be online for a while.

Melody
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:07 PM   #138  

Hi Gals,

I'm new to this site however would like to be part of "losing 50 by Christmas group" if you'd let me! I'm getting married Dec 28th, no kids, work from home, and would love to be part of a support group like this. I have between 45-50 pounds to lose so this seems right up my alley.

I like the idea of Friday weigh ins! The idea of being accountable to a group like this will really help me with my motivation.

Melody, good luck with the hurricane. I live in New Brunswick, Canada, and have been watching the CBC for updates.

Best of luck to all in the weight loss journey and I look forward to getting to know you all better as time goes on.

Have a great day,
Daphne
drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #139  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to Melody, Tori, Alisha, and Daphne! (And anyone else I missed!) Glad you gals are here. As a reminder, most of us won't make the 50# by Christmas unless we started earlier- it just ain't healthy to lose so much in such a short period of time. But, please, work you way there ASAP! I have a feeling we'll be continuing here well into 2006, but that's okay.

Melody- let us know how you fare with Katrina, okay?

I'm excited! Tonight the kids and I are going to pick up our new (to us) indoor rowing machine. Yeah! I'm a former collegiate rower, and have recently gotten back on the water. I love rowing, and it does great things for my body! Especially my tummy area. I lose inches like crazy the first couple months back. Anyhow, now I can do my 2x days workouts to be ready to 'race' in February without trekking it to the YMCA twice a day. And I can watch my movies and row. Also, a lady I barely know at the Y waved me over this morning and told me that I really looked good, and wondered how many pounds I had lost! That's very encouraging- that someone actually noticed!
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:19 PM   #140  
Mommy9802

Smile Thanks for the Invite

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this group. I will try my hardest to get to or atleast close to 50pounds by christmas. I have already lost 3 pounds and i have only been on diet since Monday! So i am real excited. I can not wait for more!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:39 PM   #141  

Hi ladies! I love your ideas and your enthusiasm so i wanted to ask... can i join? Im not exactly a sahm... Pretty close though.. I am a full time nanny for 16 month old twins! From an hour after they are up till they go down for the nite im their care so i know exactly what its like to gain from eating what the babies eat! Please let me know because i need the motivation and women who know what its like to fight a fist full of goldfish crackers!
kate7583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #142  

Well ladies...I gained 1.5# this week. ARGH! I'm not too sure what I did wrong or different from the weeks before but it must have been bad. Oh well, I'll try to exercise more this week.

I'm not feeling great, and all I feel like doing is laying on the couch & eat ice cream. What do you all eat when you're feeling under the weather to stay on track?

Joanna
jodilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #143  

Julie,
Just curious...you live in the foothills of the Rockies, where are you going to row in Feb? I used to live in NW CO and I know up there, all the water is frozen in Feb.

Joanna
jodilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

Hello to all,
Wanted to start off by asking everyone to keep those in the Gulf Coast area lifted up in prayer. Also pray for God's hand to work miracles in the cities where evacuees are being relocated!!

Now for the weekly weigh-in......168.8. I've gained almost a lb this last week, but I'm happy that this is all that I gained. My eating has been ok this last week, but I haven't exercised much. I started back to A&M, have unaccounted for relatives in Gulf Port MS, and hubby had a couple of evening meetings this past week, so I didn't get my exercising in. (Despite this, my new "school jeans" I bought 2 weeks ago were baggy after having them on for a couple hours!!!. Guess I'll need to wash them in hot to shrink them a little, haven't had that problem before!!! )

I'm still encouraged and have managed to make this a "lifestyle change", as opposed to a short-lived, get skinny scheme. I am realizing I have much more energy than when I started back to school at this time last year. Just getting up and being in class all day for 2 days/wk. WORE ME OUT. Ended up getting sick after the first 2 weeks. This time it's much different. A little tired, but nothing on the scale of last year. If this is the result of losing only 8 lbs, I can't imagine how good I'm going to feel if I get the remaining weight off!!!

Talk to ya'll later, off to stairmaster!
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

just realized my weight tracker is off, I'll have to get to that later! oops!
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #146  
Teresa

Good Morning All,

My weekly weigh in for today is okay. I am down 8 ounces. I have really slowed down in my weight loss and am going to have to increase the amount of excercise a little to break through. I can tell that my motivation is decreasing also. My clothes are fitting better and the stinkin' thinkin' is setting in that says "This is good enough".

Hope everyone has a great week.
Teresa
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #147  

Hey Ladies wait for me, I also have to loose 50lbs, I really don't have a deadline, but I'm thinking maybe by March. I'm 31yo, mother of 2 boys 3 & 15y.o. I think we can do it. So let's get started. Friday's weigh-in day. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Kellem; 09-02-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Kellem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #148  

There's no better feeling, than feeling thin!!!
Kellem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #149  
Rowing Mama

Kate- welcome! How tall (or short) are you? 103 sounds like an unbelievably low weight unless you're 4' or something like that. (I'm not making short jokes... I'll leave those to my 6'8" hubby!)

Missy- hey, attitude is EVERYTHING! At WW last night the leader made the crack in response to someone saying they had a bad eating day, and then just threw up their hands and ate wacky the rest of the week. She asked if she was one of those people who break a teacup, and then decide to just break the rest of the set because it isn't 'perfect' anymore. I thought that was a good illustration.

Teresa- go, woman, go! You keep it up!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #150  
Rowing Mama

Now for my weigh-in (which is now aligned with the WW scales)..... drumroll, please!

I lost 2.8 lbs.! So, I'm under the 200 threshold, finally! Yippee!

On to next week.....