Old 09-02-2005, 06:20 PM   #151  

julie,
to answer your post i am 4'11 with a really little frame (much to small for the butt i carry around on top of it) so 103 is acctually in my range for ideal weight. I know what you mean about your husband as my boyfriend is 6'4''! Is friday the official weigh in day for all of us?
kate7583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #152  
Mommy9802

Smile Good evening!

Good evening to all! I just wanted to put in my wieght for the week! I have lost 5 pounds so far! I am SOOOOO excited! I can't wait to see more come off! Have a great Weekend everyone!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #153  

For 2 weeks now I have no clue if I have lost or gained. It that time of the month for me right now so of course I feel fat! I have kept with my porportional eating and had my pepsi control lol, the water has been slacking, but my decaf tea has been getting a workout in my tea maker everyday! I only got on the gazelle once this week. I have now managed to break my pinky toe on my ottoman walking through the living room last night in the dark, so I don't think I will make my 2 miles today. I am hoping to be back on track any day now... could somebody kick me to get me up?!? I think I need to go back to my daily goals again... ugh... it is a roller coaster huh!
AliLewis328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #154  

Oh My... I feel so silly!! I totally spaced weigh in day!! I have so much on my plate right now with getting ready for my next craft show and adding new products to my site since the holiday season is right around the corner. And my dd 2nd birthday is in 30 days!! Busy Busy I tell ya!

So I decided to weigh my self today, Monday, and then will weigh in again on the regular day instead of waiting til Friday!!

Sag: Since I have been so busy and hubby doesn't really like cooking every night, we have eaten out (at not so good places) like five times!! I know I know getting way off track!!

Brag: Like I said above I am adding lots of new stuff to my product line for the holiday season. I am so excited because I never thought that I would ever be this big this quick!! I have added tart warmers, tarts, car air fresheners and 5 new fragrances. Now I have 19 yummy fragrance to choose from instead of the 5 that I started with. The new fragrances are: Cucumber, Home Sweet Home, Caramel Nut Cluster, Pumpkin Pie, and Peppermint Cocoa.

Okay now for my weigh in: Not last Friday but the Friday before I weighed in at 261 and now...... I weigh 259. Yep that's another two pounds for me!! Now I probably won't loose that much this Friday but I will sure try.

I am glad to see that you all are doing GREAT and that we have added a few newbies..... Welcome Newbies

Take care all and I will see you this Friday Morning!!! I promise!!!

Oh yeah and hubby is struggling with this real bad!! He keeps losing a pound then gaining then losing and then gaining. I think that he thinks he can eat more since he has lost and then ends up gaining again. Keep him in your thoughts girls because he is good support and I DON'T want to Loose Him!!
AmySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #155  
Rowing Mama

S/C/G: 202/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodilynn
Julie,
Just curious...you live in the foothills of the Rockies, where are you going to row in Feb? I used to live in NW CO and I know up there, all the water is frozen in Feb.

Joanna
I missed your post reading through earlier, Joanna. Sorry! Wasn't trying to ignore you. (Although I did ignore your ice cream question since I have the same problem and have absolutely no solutions for you, other than fat-free sugar-free pudding, which tastes nothing like ice cream! )

As far as rowing in Feb., I'll be indoors on the erg (rowing machine). We'll be off the water by November, and then doing indoor/land stuff until May when we can get back on the water again. The wind is really the determining factor in when you get off/on the water. This morning we weren't able to row because the winds picked up as a storm was blowing in off the foothills. Winter winds tend to be pretty rowdy, even in the early mornings, and you can't row in lots of choppy water. I remember rowing in college at Oklahoma State on the lake while it was snowing. It was absolutely beautiful!

Are you going to WW meetings? I must say I initially though the meetings wouldn't be worth the money, but I am finding two things. One, I actually really enjoy the meetings and it helps me make weight loss a serious thing. Two, I have actually passed up foods because I don't want to pay that stupid weekly fee any longer than I have to. Kinda backwards motivation, but it works!
julieofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #156  
Rowing Mama

Default Whining

Excuse the whining, but a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do.

I am SOOOOOOO sore! It was too windy to row on Tues AM, so the coach had us do a short land workout- complete w/ leapies (or jumpie squats- crouching ot the ground and springing up and jumping as high as you can in the air, repeat). My quads & hamstrings are so sore this morning I can hardly make it up and down the stairs. We won't even talk about trying to sit on the loo.... Not only that, but I hurt my lower back last week, probably rowing in the boat since the water was pretty choppy, and that hurts too.

Whine, whine, whine! Whine. Okay, I'm done with that now. I'll just continue my crying when I walk downstairs or try to sit/stand. The only good thing about this is that I know I've built more muscle, which will burn more calories. And surely muscle repair burns calories as well??????
Old 09-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #157  
Teresa

Default Did someone say ice cream?

When I feel like eating ice cream, I eat ice cream. I am really big on not letting my self feel deprived. I don't know if you all have heard of "Skinny Cow". That is a brand of ice cream I find in my grocery store freezer with the other ice cream brands. I have only seen it in ice cream sandwich form (round not rectangular) but I guess they have pints and gallons too. The neat thing is that a half cup is only 2 points and the sandwiches are only 3. I prefer the 3 point sandwiches because they are huge and I really feel like I am cheating big time with ice cream and two chocolate cookies. Oh, they also taste good.

Enjoy.
Teresa
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickline
When I feel like eating ice cream, I eat ice cream. I am really big on not letting my self feel deprived. I don't know if you all have heard of "Skinny Cow". That is a brand of ice cream I find in my grocery store freezer with the other ice cream brands. I have only seen it in ice cream sandwich form (round not rectangular) but I guess they have pints and gallons too. The neat thing is that a half cup is only 2 points and the sandwiches are only 3. I prefer the 3 point sandwiches because they are huge and I really feel like I am cheating big time with ice cream and two chocolate cookies. Oh, they also taste good.

Enjoy.
Teresa
I LOVE SKINNY COW!!! I am eating a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream sandwhich right now!! They are so good and I agree they are huge! I think that they are only lke $3.00 for six sandwhiches at Walmart! I don't deprive myself of anything either I just know that if I have something that is huge number of points I won't be able to eat as much!! And sometimes that makes me change my mind!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #159  

Julie, I'm going to WW meetings. It seems silly to pay that much to listen to someone tell you how to eat right (we all know how), but it does seem to help. I think that I know I have to weigh in and someone else sees the number, I don't want to be a slacker.

I'll have to look for skinny cow. I've never heard of it. I generally steer clear of the ice cream aisle...it's safer that way.

Ok, for the official WI....drum roll please.....
I LOST 3.2 pounds this week! for a grand total of 10 whole pounds!
The best part is that the little roll of fat on my belly doesn't roll over my undies anymore!
jodilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #160  

Good Morning Ladies!! Time for another weigh in! Well since I just had weighed myself on Monday, I wasn't expecting any change and there was not change. Maybe by next Friday I will have lost a couple of pounds.

My Sag: This week has been so hectic that I am having trouble keeping track of what I eat. Sometimes I will eat and other times I forget to and on top of all that I haven't been getting any sleep. I have too much to do so I have been sacraficing sleep. I read somewhere that if you don't get the proper amount of rest you won't lose weight either. So going to be at one or two a.m. and getting up at six has got to stop.

My Brag: Hmmm..... I don't think I have one this week, but I am hoping for a better week.

I would like to personally thank all of you for being here for me and giving me that extra push when I need it. If it wasn't for this post, I don't think I would have lost the 14 lbs that I have, heck I might of even gained some. Anywho, Thank you everyone!!!! Keep up all the Great work!!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #161  
Depressed

Smile hello

Well, I may not fit into this group. I am 37 and a mother of 2. But they are 19 and 14. I want and healthwise NEED to lose weight. And the plan you all have here sounds terrific!! I agree that it is overwhelming in here, and trying to fit in somewhere is getting tiresome!! LOL

alcandy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

Hey!
Just a quick weigh-in..........168.4. I didn't lose any, really, but I didn't gain any either. My week has been hectic, just as I'm sure everyones has been. Have been doing well with the eating, but I've had to put the exercise on hold. Not enough hrs in the day right now. Hoping once I get back into a "everyone is now in school" schedule I'll get it worked in regularly.
AmySue...DITTO! I'm so glad there are folks here to be accountable to. I'd have trashed the whole idea if ya'll weren't here! Thanks for the support
Julie, I know it hurts, but doesn't it feel GREAT to be sore? Means those muscles are REALLY working hard and getting leaner!
Ok, gotta run. Headed out of town for the weekend (yet ANOTHER b-day in the family)
Have a good one,
Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #163  
Mommy9802

Smile Good Morning!

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today? I am doing good. I am happy to say that i have lost another 4 pounds Which is really helping me keeping motivated! I can't wait to see more come off, but i know it will take one day at a time! Everyone Good luck this next upcoming week. And have a WONDERFUL DAY AND A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:37 AM   #164  
Teresa

Weigh in. I am up a pound or so. I was just below 170 and now I am back to 170. I have been waffling back and forth between the two. I am so frustrated and just want to give up. I know I probably have to kick up my exercise but am waiting for my yoga DVD to come in. It is a movement DVD and supposed to help in weight loss too. I have never tried yoga and thought it was worth a try. I've been staying within my points and I can tell my body is reshaping but I am the type of person who has a tendency to focus a lot on the number and I shouldn't do that I know. I have lost two inches around my chest and DH mentioned he could tell my hips and thighs were changing. I have always been "hippy" and am a pear shape. I know that was a big complement and I should be happy but I want to weigh 150! I know muscle weighs more and burns more calories and I have to just keep telling myself that and this is a natural part of weight loss but it was coming off so fast in the beginning. Okay....enough whining and I am getting off the "pity pot". I'm done, thanks for listening.

Welcome to the new comers. Everyone is welcome and fits in here. A BIG thanks to Julie for starting this forum. It has truly been a help and look forward to hearing from everyone and knowing I am not the only one struggling with the same thing. Keep up the fight everyone. The main thing is that we are getting healthy, right?

Have a GREAT week.
Teresa
twickline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #165  
Rowing Mama

My weigh in.... 1.2 pounds lost. (It cracks me up that WW counts things to the 1/10th of a pound, but whatever.... it works for them.) I didn't row any this week since Tuesday, on water or the erg, but that is an attempt to give my body a rest so I can continue next week. I may make it tomorrow AM since I can finally walk again- sort of...

alcandy- you are more than welcome here! Feel free to contribute at your leisure.

And Teresa, I heartily agree with you saying "the main thing is that we are getting healthy" . You are a woman after my own heart! (And Missy's, that's always been our thing.) My dh commented that I was definitely shrinking, and I can fit into both of my 'tight/too small' pants now. Gotta love that, even though the scale isn't exactly zipping downwards.

Brag- My brag is I stayed put W-Fr, even though I really wanted to go exercise. I get afraid that if I stop for a while, I'll quit altogether. Silly, but it makes me want to never skip a day lest I continue to skip days and end up back where I started or worse.

Sag- You already heard my whines about how sore I am. It still kills for my kids to even attempt to sit on my lap. I am amazed that it made me that sore, since I've been pretty active the last 2 months. I was wondering why I wasn't getting sore legs after weight lifting- now I know what to do to make them sore! LOL

You gals are great! Chins up and all! Bravos to losers and gainers alike. Anyone need feedback or feel stalled out?

And whoever mentioned the Skinny Cow ice cream treats- thank you! They're pretty great!

Julie