View Poll Results: Are you surprised that SPILLIE admitted she was wrong about the whole Corona thing?
Yes, I almost fell over...now give me another Corona! 4 80.00%
No, now give me another Corona! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #3586  
Sarge

Good luck DUTCHIE!! It's a shame that you had to work through that hellish time only to get laid off once it's over, but I understand that you really aren't sad about it. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for this new one!

As far as the unemployment thing goes, when you apply for unemployment, your company then has the opportunity to deny it or not. So hopefully, if you discuss with your manager, she can ensure that the company doesn't deny it, and you'll be able to collect (although if you get the new job, it won't matter, but just in case...).

Hope everything goes smoothly, and you get a new job in no time!
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #3587  
PR Aug 2005

Oh DUTCHIE so sorry to hear about the lay off. If there is anything I can do just say so. I will keep you in my prayers and keep an eye out for you as far as jobs go.
SPILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #3588  
The Vegas Strip

Sorry to hear that Dutchie! I hope you find something fast. Check your AOL email!!
VIVA~GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #3589  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Good RAINY morning CHICKIES! I doubt any of you will check in over the weekend but Im posting anyway b/c I have to keep myself amused! LMAO! I came in @ 9:15 and with any luck will be locking the doors by 7-7:30pm!

Had a flipping blast yesterday tailgating --despite the cramps! Did some YUMMY jello shots and dranks some beers. I actually had fun! JBJ was there but he didn't come down to the field (bummer cause ROCKER was READY!) A really nice security guy (WOW...didn't know the WAC employed any of those!) told us that he was there with his family and that he was doing meet & greets before the game so he prolly wouldn't be down. We did great til the end of the 3rd quarter...ended up losing a heartbreaker by 1 lousy point. I had thought maybe if we won my man would come down. I knew if we lost he wouldn't. Oh well, got one more game to try!

DUTCHIE: to you! Let me know if I can do anything....and if you want to get together at the WW with your favorite CHICKIES, just say the word!

VIVA: have fun at the movies today!

SPILLIE: don't work too hard...you need time to play!

TWIDDLE: hope you and DH have a great weekend!

Gotta run....have a good one!
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:31 PM   #3590  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Well, it's 2:30 and ROCKER'S READY TO POKE HER EYES OUT! Gah is this day over yet????
Old 04-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #3591  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick
Well, it's 2:30 and ROCKER'S READY TO POKE HER EYES OUT! Gah is this day over yet????
I will forever regret saying that. We had a power outage for about an hour. Due to the nasty, rainy weather there was a bad accident and 4-5 poles went down along with the wires. This entire area was w/o power! Luckily the guests were great about it, taking it all in stride. The power's back on and everyone's dancing. I now have a headache!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #3592  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Morning CHICKIES! I decided to come in early to get a jump on things and got caught in that storm that went thru...I'm driving along watching the hail bounce off my car! Not how I panned on starting off my day!

DGF came home from the hospital on Thurs. night but is now back in--got the call yesterday and they had to call the ambulance for him. I dunno Chickies, this doesn't sound to good. I'm still keeping the faith though.

That's about it for now so SPILLIE-VIVA-TWIDDLE & DUTCHIE: have a great day!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #3593  
PR Aug 2005

Good Morning Chicas,

It was a horrible weekend for me. I could not stop putting food into my mouth. I just have lost all control over this fight. I gave in finally and just let it go. I thought if I got it out of my system that would help. I'm back OP today so let's see how it goes just for today.

I hope all had a wonderful weekend even though it rained all day Saturday. It was a beautiful day out yesterday. I spent mine working but it was still beautiful. I was still at home this morning when that hail came down. I sat at my window and just watched and wondered how pretty but deadly. K thought he was going to have a day off school...nope, I don't think so.

CHICKIE sorry about your GF. I'm sure he will come through fine. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

HELLO TWIDDLE, VIVA, and DUTCHIE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #3594  
Sarge

Good morning chicklets!

Oh, ROCKER, so sorry to hear about your GF. Continued prayers coming your way. Glad to hear you had fun at the game, and you survived Saturday.

We didn't do too much. Ended up going out to Cheeseburger in Paradise Friday night for drinks and to see a band there, which was pretty fun. Saturday was generally a complete wash, but we went to the movies...saw Lucky Number Slevin, which was pretty good. Sunday I ran, but that was about it for activity. Did stuff on the computer, some stuff around the house, but that was about it.

Got up this morning to run for a little bit before work.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #3595  
PR Aug 2005

can't remember what I ate on Friday...but I know it was not good for me.

SATURDAY
corn meal mush w/skim milk and splenda
DD cafe latte lite w/splenda
4 coffees w/ff carnation milk and 2tbsp sugar (can you tell I was tired)
dr. praeggar veggie burger w/ww whole wheat bread (1pt) w/sweet peppers, pickles and fried onions
potatoes made on grill (almost like hashbrowns, no oil)
1 egg salad w/ff mayo and spicy mustard w/sweet peppers and pickles on ww whole wheat bread (1pt)
4 swedish fish (3pts)
2 caramel swirls (2pts)
cashews (4pts)
chocolate covered pretzels (3pts)
philly cheesesteak potato chips (3pts)

SUNDAY
ham and eggs on ww whole wheat bread 3 slices (1.5pts)
1 hot fudge sundae pop tart (?)
bacon and cheese fries (don't even want to know)
coffee w/reg milk and sugar (5pts)
cashews (4pts)

at WI on Sat I was up only 1lb. I had to get on the scale this morning and I was up 5lbs. UGH!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #3596  
PR Aug 2005

BREAKFAST
corn meal mush w/skim milk and splenda
1 banana
coffee w/skim milk and splenda
32oz water

LUNCH
ham and cabbage
chicken noodle soup (2pts)

1 orange

Last edited by SPILLIE; 04-24-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #3597  
♪ Rock on! ♪

When it rains, it pours: at the building where my office is: broken window (glass shattered); water from somewhere leaked into the one supply closet where all the paper products are kept; new fridge isn't working.

At my other building: got calls the place was trashed from Sat's clients: cake smashed into floor; glass out front and God knows what else. Now i was overthere right before lunch to check things out--yes, cake on the floor but not all over like I was told and I did not see any glass out front. WTH?

I wanna go home and curl up on my bed.

Oh yeah, got a diet Coke at lunch time along with a salad. Got outta my car and the Coke flies out of the bag rolling down the driveway. Guess I won't be able to open that bad boy til much, much later!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #3598  
The Vegas Strip

Darn thing has been BROKE all day!!!
VIVA~GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #3599  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA~GIRL
Darn thing has been BROKE all day!!!
Love your new avatar VIVA!