View Poll Results: Are you surprised that SPILLIE admitted she was wrong about the whole Corona thing?
Yes, I almost fell over...now give me another Corona! 4 80.00%
No, now give me another Corona! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #3496  
Sarge

Good morning chicklets!!

ROCKER - Congrats on going to the gym!

SPILLIE - Sounds like a great workout. Good job!!

DUTCHIE - Hi! Glad to see you, even if it's only for a second! Glad to hear JC is going well.

Got in a mild workout last night. When DH got home, he was antsy, so we decided to go to Oxford Valley mall for awhile. Mostly just walked around, but it was fun.

Today's a bit odd. Just as I was riding the elevator at work, my vision got weird. Not blurry, but there was a strange sensation in my peripheral vision. It's gone now, but I have one of the worst headaches ever now. I just took some ibuprofen, so hopefully that'll help. If not, I might be leaving early. I don't know if it's something serious or not...I'm a little scared right now. Guess we'll see.

Not much else going on. DH is going to the Flyers game tonight with a friend, so it's just me at home. Finally some alone time! I can't wait! I had a list of things to do, so hopefully the headache will go away so I can get stuff done. Otherwise, it'll be a quiet evening of me either on the couch or in bed.

Guess that's about it for me for now. Happy Tuesday!
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #3497  
♪ Rock on! ♪

TWIDDLE: that sounds like a migraine to me...if you can, try drinking a regular Coke. I'm prone to migraines and when they hit here at work, that's what I do til I can get home to take my meds. Sometimes it helps to take the edge off. Hope you feel better!
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #3498  
Sarge

You get that vision problem before the headache? I don't know that I've ever had a migraine before. This is all strange to me.

There was a woman here at work who had vision and headache issues, and she ended up having a brain tumor. She's fine now, but that's why I'm a little scared about the whole thing.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #3499  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiddle-my-thumbs
You get that vision problem before the headache? I don't know that I've ever had a migraine before. This is all strange to me.

There was a woman here at work who had vision and headache issues, and she ended up having a brain tumor. She's fine now, but that's why I'm a little scared about the whole thing.

yep I sometimes do...it is scarey but it passes after a bit. sometimes my head hurts so bad I can't take it. i do have migraine meds but I can't take it and drive, so I have to wait til I get home...that's why I suggested the Coke.

Feel better!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 AM   #3500  
Sarge

Thanks, Rocker! You do, in fact, rock!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #3501  
PR Aug 2005

TWIDDLE I get migraines as well and I usually know when one is going to hit due to the vision trouble first. It is a weird sensation and it doesn't last long because then the headache hits you so you forget the vision problem because the pain is much worse. I have migraine meds as well, but I have to take them when I'm home because they knock me out; when I get up though it's like nothing ever happened. I'm not too sure about the coke idea though, it may help CHICKIE but caffeine makes migraines worst. In fact it could trigger them at times, so I would be careful.

If you have never had migraines before and aren't sure what it is like, call your doctor and just get yourself check. If it turns out to be that you are prone to migraines...you are going to want to have the meds on hand.
SPILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #3502  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiddle-my-thumbs
Thanks, Rocker! You do, in fact, rock!
Why thank you...I sometimes am a wealth of information! LMFAO!!!!!

Side note: don't be surprised if you feel out of it for the next day or so when the headcahe goes away. That's what happens to me--I get a "washed out" feeling, kinda like I'm here but I'm not. That too will pass!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #3503  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPILLIE
I'm not too sure about the coke idea though, it may help CHICKIE but caffeine makes migraines worst. In fact it could trigger them at times, so I would be careful.
My mom (who is a nurse) always told me that if one hits and I'm away from home, to either drink a regular Coke or a strong cup of coffee b/c the caffiene will constrict the blood vessels therefore reducing the pounding. All I know is 9 times out of 10 will work for me (take the edge off enough that I can drive home) til I can get home to take the high powered stuff.

That is all. Carry on.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #3504  
Sarge

What about feeling tired or nauseous?

This sucks.

Thanks for the add'l info, Spillie. I hate going to the doctor. Really really hate it. We'll see.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #3505  
Sarge

Okay, it's slowly subsiding, but I'm so sleepy right now. Maybe I'll pull a George Costanza and take a nap under my desk.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #3506  
PR Aug 2005

Should I call Vanderlay Industries and let them know that you are not available for work just yet.

When I worked in the ER in Ohio all the drs. there always told me to stay away from caffeine and alcohol (yeah, like that was going to happen) because the caffeine triggers the migraines. When I go on my drinking binges and my caffeine binges my migraines come on strong. So I try not to drink everyday...just every other day.

The tiredness and the nauseasness (sp?) are all part of it. Especially the tiredness after the migraine is gone. It also helps to stay out of the brightness. The darker the better for your vision and the pain.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #3507  
Sarge

About 45 mins ago I pulled the window shade down and turned off my overhead light (on my desk). Now I just have the floor lighting that I can't adjust. That has definitely helped.

Thanks for all the info. I've never dealt with this before, but I can't imagine going through this regularly.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #3508  
PR Aug 2005

LUNCH
plain shrimp & broccoli no sauce
sancocho
1 orange
chocolate/caramel (2pts)

Last edited by SPILLIE; 04-12-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #3509  
♪ Rock on! ♪

LUNCH:
2 Boca Burgers (2)
2 slices lt. bread (1)
1 slice 2% cheese (1)
8oz baked potato (3.5...I think--can't rmember but i do have it marked right on my journal)
1 wedge LC cheese (1)
2T ff sour cream (1)
salsa (0)
1 mini cheesecake (4)
24oz water (0)
snack: 3 tootsie rolls (3)
**ROCKER WAS HUNGRY!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #3510  
♪ Rock on! ♪

120oz of water--DONE!!!!