Old 06-08-2005, 08:36 AM   #406  
Kerry

Lori - We can see the photos. Yay! That is quite a view you have there. Where were you? I guess I never realized that area is so picturesque.

Paige - That is quite a day you had. Phew! It sounds like it went well and you sound so proud. That's great! You probably burnt lots calories in all that madness.

Judy - I see you're having the same weather we are right now. It's hot and sticky. It keeps raining every evening just to keep the humidity high.

Kim - That's awful about your friend. I hope that's not a regular thing for her when she works out. I once ran track with a girl that threw up everytime she worked out hard. We'd run a couple miles then she'd puke and feel better. I always felt awful for her.

Thanks for the kind words about my family. We are still pretty shook up about it. The really awful part is that there were three grown women (her mother included) sitting on the deck by the pool with the baby fell in and the 7 year old was the only one paying enough attention to go after her. Poor Madeline will never get to be a child because her mother is one. I just know I wouldn't have wanted to be on the receiving end of the wrath my brother laid into his wife. She's wracked with guilt now as well she should be. Maybe this will help her wake up and be a better mother, but I doubt it. We're talking about the mother of 4 who doesn't work and has a FT nanny and housekeeper. She can be caught napping at all hours of the day and then tell you how exhausted she is that evening. (did that eyeroll smiley just show up? I've been needing it for months)

Alright, I'm off and going to try to do better today. I didn't eat too much yesterdday bc I skipped dinner since I had a big lunch, but I did eat really bad stuff.

See ya later gators!
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #407  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, well this is my last day off until July. I have to work the rest of the month. End of year state reports and the such make it a bit busy at work. So I'm oging to enjoy my day off. I'm knitting a green sweater that I started before all the home improvements started. I want to finish before I go to Alaska in July.

Goldilocks is home from the hospital and has a cast on her back paw. She walks really awkwardly but she is able to get a round a little. Right now she's zoned out on pain killers.

Today is DS#2's last day of school. He has grad practice tomorrow then graduation on Sunday. It's hard to believe that my children are done with K-12 schooling. It sort of makes me feel old. A funny story about that child, he dyed his platinum blond hair burgandy and it looked ridiculous. I saw him last night and said we have to fix it since it was naseating. He just said it didn't turn out right. What an understatement. So we went to town and got color remover and then a strawberry blonde hair dye. Well, there was no way that all the dye was going to come out of his hair since it's so light, so he's now a strawberry blonde. It looks sort of cute. Thank goodness they wear graduation caps at the ceremony.

Kerry, I'm so thankful your niece is all right. The mother sounds delightful. Thank goodness for your older niece. I'm going to do better today with the eating too. And I plan to exercise. I might have to dangle a brownie in front of my nose to get me on the gazelle, but I will do it.

Lori, the pictures are awesome. You did a good job with them. And congrats for 139.

Paige, enjoy the last week of quiet before you summer vacation. You'll have a great time in Phoenix.

Kim, way to go on the work out. I can't imagine doing something that would burn 700 calories on a semi-daily basis. Wow.

Well, I'll talk with you all later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Lori, I'm still happy for you, only nine lbs away--Land ho!

Marie--I'm glad to hear the Goldilocks is okay.

Not a lot to say today, I'm just jumping in between meetings to say hi, and wish everyone a great day!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:21 AM   #409  

Good Morning Chickies !!

What's up with these crazy work days???? Holy crap I'm dying for another holiday weekend! And to think it's only June! They changed the way they pay our drivers so this time the crap rolled uphill. The drivers are calling the sales dpt. and me every 2 seconds, I can't get a squating thing done. I had to re-arange my whole desk to get a big calander on my wall so I can better track what jobs I have out and where the drivers are. It's crazy, we have a dispatch office that is supposed to take care of this, but it just never seems to work that way.

Kerry, I live about 50 miles North for Pittsburgh, it is a small town called Kittanning. Have you ever seen the movie Mothman Profices with Richard Geer? The pictures are along that river, you can almost make out the bridge in the top one, but were pretty far down river on the trail. The movie was about the WV bridge that fell down. They digitally made our bridge appear to fall in the movie, it was kind of neat. But anyway the bike trail is our old rail road tracks, they weren't used anymore so the county tore them up and cleared them for trails.

Paige, I know excatly how you feel!!! Football will be starting at the end of July and it is total kaos every night. And games are an all day Saturday event. It's a ton of fun, but I'm always ragged from running around like a nut and constantly wasing muddy uniforms. I bet she was cute, hooker make up and all !!!

Marie, glad Goldie is home! Love the DS hair story! That is so typical, it turned out wrong! My oldest DS is only 11 and we can't get him to cut his hair, it looks awful. I'm trying to be understanding, but I just want to buzz it all off. Hope you get that green sweater done, and wait til I tell my DH your going to Alaska! He wan'ts to do that, but I advised him it will be a few years until we can afford that trip.

Judy, it's great to have you back posting! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm starting to feel really flustered about maintaining, I've never done a very good job at it so I have so much to learn.

Last night DH got the first load of our decorative stone for around the skirting on the trailer. I'm so excited, no more major weeding by hand!!! You can't run the weed wacker that close to the skirting, it puts holes in it (which I did last year). Ok, I have to get ready for work! Chat with you all later!
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #410  
Kerry

Good Morning Ladies I weighed in a day early today was glad to see a solid 141. I am inching my way closer to the 130s. I'm going to have to take this seriously again if I really want to get there. I have been doing much better with my lunches again and I am cutting back on the snacking. I still have trouble with chocolate and ice cream cravings. I think cutting out all the liquid sugars ie regular sodas, has made all the difference in the world for me in the long run. I think that staying away from them and portion control will be my success in maintaining if I can ever get to goal.

So good news I got approved for a mortgage yesterday!! And at a great rate (5.25). I never thought I would get that low! So I called my landlord last night and asked her if she is still interested in selling the house we're renting (it was on the market before & she couldn't sell so she rented). She said that she IS interested in selling and will check her mortgage balance and get back to me with a price. Of course I know what I am willing to pay and I am REALLY hoping it is in that range. Otherwise we will be house shopping. I am so excited about buying a house and my head is just full of all the things I want to do to the house we're in. Wish me luck!

Well, it's almost Friday!!! I am getting my hairs cut tomorrow so I'm taking off with my gf at 1:00. So tomorrow is a half day! My week is almost over. It sure has been a long one.

Hope you're all doing well and we see you around in the next few days.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #411  

Happy Friday!!

Oink, oink, oink! I took the kids to Ponderosa this evening and had steak & fries. I ate way tooo much and feel like an over stuffed pig! They get free meals for not missing any school so they have been bugging me to go. I had to run down and look at yet more decrative stone for the sidewalk so I figured what the heck, were going to drive right by and who wants to cook! I best get out of that mood asap!!!

Well we had another hectic day at work, and I don't see an end any time soon in sight! It's storming very badly, but I really can't complain. They have been threatening rain all week and this is the first we've gotten it!

C'mon Kerry, 141 way to go!!! That's really great about the mortgage, I hope you guys get the place your in. Moving is such a hassle, I don't know why I feel the need to move every couple of years. It was such a joke when I bought this double wide, I kept telling everybody "hey it's on wheels we'll just take it next time I get a bug up my butt"

Well I still need to work out, but the bad food is still too fresh in my belly, hope it digests soon. I'm about ready for bed.

Check in tomorrow!!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #412  
Kerry

I'm with you on the oink oink and the hectic day!

We went out to the Olive Garden and stuffed ourselves and I drank too much wine. I needed a night out with DH and we have so much fun wining and dining. I had hardly eaten all day due to the rush rush of work and then going to get my hair cut.

Yes, I've cut even more off the hairs. I like the shorter hair for the summer and for the slimmer me

So it's Friday and we are forgiven for taking some time with our families tonight and enjoying ourselves. My mom is coming tomorrow so I'll have to watch her evil influence.

Thanks for the wishes on the house. I'm worried bc she's getting it appraised. I think she wants too much for it. We'll see, but we're going to look at another one we're interested in tomorrow as well. Keeping the options open

I'll check in tomorrow. Hope to see you girls around
Old 06-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #413  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all,

Hey Kerry, congrats on the mortgage. You're doing great and looking at other places is a wise idea. You might find something that is just you. I love the Olive Graden. I don't think I'd care about my diet at that place.

Lori, is Ponderosa a chain where they serve great rolls with honey butter. I remember a place in Virginia that I visited often when we lived there. Ponderosa sounds familiar (this as about 17 years ago...). If it's the same type of place, I always left there stuffed and just wanted to puke because I'd overeat so much.

I've been doing pretty good. I visited the dr. and we talked about my weight and my genetic makeup. Basically I'm not to be obsessive about it but that's hard. I'm also trying Xenical with the hopes that will give me a boost (and I'm talking about the side effects)

I got an iPod mini yesterday and I'm listening to my MP3s as I write. I just love it. It's an adorable pink.

DS18 graduates from high school tomorrow. He's been done since Wednesday and he's talking to the Air Guard recruiter and plans to join sometime this summer. He's taking his tests this coming week. So pretty soon another son will be leaving the nest. That will leave me, DH, and the 3 dogs. I'm pretty excited about it.

I went for a hike on the mountain today with 2 dogs (the other one has the broken foot) and it was great. I love to exercise when it is nice out and I get to hike. It's truly the only exercise that I love.

That's about it. I'll talk to you all later. Happy weekend.
Marie
Old 06-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #414  
Kerry

What a stressful day. I found out this morning through the kindness of a neighbor that this property has a city sewer line running right through it It just sux. There is no way that you can add on to that side of the house bc you can't build over it. It actually goes under the carport! If something were to happen and the city needed to, they could bust up the lawn and the carport. Not sure if we want this house now. We looked at another in forclosure and it is scary!

We're going to enlist the help of a buyers agent on Monday. I need HELP!! Talking to my dad about the possibility of adding a bath if we buy a 1 bath home. They're much more affordable and he says adding one would cost between 2-3000 depending. As long as it's not a cement foundation he says it's doable.

Too much to handle. Not sticking to diet very well, but I'm having SERIOUS PMS and I'm sad that I'm not pregnant. I thought there was a chance that it might happen this month. Alas, no. I just can't let it all shove me back into that bad place that made me want to eat and eat.

I hope you're all having a splendid weekend. My mom and grandma are coming to town and should be here in a matter of minutes. That will be a nice distraction.

I hope we see some of you around Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Oh and Marie - Congrats on the IPod! I've been shopping for an MP3 player as well. But I think I'm going to buy a Dell. And I hope the Xenical helps. I think my SIL is doing that or Meridian. She's tried a couple things. Good Luck!!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, all--

I'm in a great mood today because I have a new job!!! I'll start later on in July. To celebrate, I had a tall chai and a piece of cake from Starbucks, a big change from the blowout meal I would've had in the past. Mostly I feel a tremendous psychic weight has been lifted from me, it's amazing that I carried this around with me for so long.

Kerry, good luck with job search! It's so hard making these major decisions. It sounds like you are getting expert advice (and at a good price, too ). I'm sorry that you are feeling blue. Hang in there with us, okay?

Marie, I haven't been to Ponderosa in years, but I can still see, smell and taste those rolls....I hope you have a great time at the graduation ceremony.

Okay, now you've made me hungry! Time to rustle up some grub, as Hoss used to say to Little Joe.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #416  

Good evening!!!

Kerry, it's ok! I LOVE to house shop, and buy them too! Don't get yourself all worked up. Here's what I do, go to the local real estate agent and pick up a sales flyer, or sometimes you can find houses listed online. Then find an agent who has similar taste as yours and shop til you drop! I'll be honest with you, you will find something wrong with every house you look at, and when you find something and own it, something will always need to be fixed so don't set your standards too out of reach . As for the PMS, it's probably a good thing if your thinking about buying and moving. Nothing worse than packing with a bucket between your knees coz you got morning sickness ! Ok seriously, when your expecting you are sooooo tired you can barely do your normal daily activites. Add a move into it and they'll be carying the couch with you on it

Judy, Yea a new job!! And you deserved the Starbucks too. Man do I love that place, good thing there isn't one close buy! Will you be traveling as much with the new job? You'll have to give us all the details!!! Oh and Ponderosa isn't like what you guys remember, now it's all about the salad bar (wich I just hate) the steak is pretty good, but I prefer the Texas Roadhouse.

Marie, oh my goodness just you, DH, and the dogs! Look out I here another shade of purple brewing at your house!! Congratulation on the graduate, I bet he's all excited. Marie, my Dr. put me on Meridian last year. I had real weird side effect from it, I had a strange metal taste in my mouth no wonder I lost weight, everything tasted like _hit! Needless to say as soon as I quit taking them the weight came back. After talking to my regular Dr. and my thyroid Dr. I figured out I'ld have to do this on my own. Their both over weight and I felt like I was talking to my 11 year old about it (which he may know more than they do) I have some odd genetics from my family, I have no boobs and a bubble butt like my dad's sisters and my spare tire is from my mom and her family. I don't have a chance in **** of looking like the magazine chicks, but then again I'm only 5'1". Finding what works best for me dosen't work best for everybody so here's my best diet advice, Never give up, the best diet is the one you can live with, and eat the damn cup cake coz if you don't next week you may feel deprived and eat the whole dozen.

Can you guys tell I'm all wound up??? We almost have the whole sidewalk done! DH has to get another load of decorative stone tomorrow and i'm 3 pattio stones short of what I need, but we got the whole front done today, we only have the side left to finish. I even bought some hanging baskests (never did that before) and picked up the last of my shrubs. I'm so excited!!! I worked out and ordered pizza! I have got to cook something tomorrow and behave! I best get to bed, I'll chat with you all tomorrow!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #417  
Kerry

JUDY!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB!!! I am sooooo happy for you! I can see a changing of the tides in your life. How awesome?!

Lori & Judy - Thanks for the house searching pick-me-up and Lori you crack me up about m/s and moving. You're probably right, but I just want both of those so much! But house then baby is the smart way I'm just sad that things have taken the turn that they have with this house. I can't believe there is a city sewer line under the house. Who'd of thought?

Trying to keep making good choices. After this weekend, I'm getting back on track. I know I'm bloated and pmsing right now so I'm not getting near the scale.

Changes I've made that make a HUGE difference:
1. No more sugary soda - only some diet (d.coke with splenda and d. cherry vanilla Dr.P) but lots more water.
2. Smaller portion sizes all the time.
3. Almost no snacking between meals and sensible snacks at that.
4. Not obsessing about food - like OMG I want a COOKIE!

I feel good about these changes. And they feel permanant. I'm also thankful to have you ladies as my support group. I WILL NOT fall into the pit of dispair and eat until I can't fit in my jeans again. I will stay focused and trimmer even if I struggle to find a house and get pregnant. I WILL be more thankful for these things in the end.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #418  
Lifelong Journey Member

WAY TO GO, JUDY!!! You got the job. That is just so great. I hope that makes the difference in your life that you were looking for. Congratulations.

Lori, so you love to move, huh? Oh I hate it. Packing, cleaning, unpacking. Yuck. At least you have your house on wheels now. The work you're doing sounds nice. You'll have to take pictures and post them on your site. I told my dr. that I was obsessed with my weight and he told me not to be - genetics and all. Basically he knew that I still would, but it was nice to be told I'm not going to keel over at any minute because I'm fat. BTW, my dr. is a beanpole so I tended to listen. The Xenical is okay. In some ways I like the side effects since my antidepressants are constipating.

Kerry, definitely look for a different place. The sewer thing sounds like a bad point to the house. I'm sorry that you didn't get your wish to be preggers. It'll happen and I'll be praying for you.

Today is the graduation, so I don't have too much more planned for the day. We're taking him out to dinner tonight to celebrate. He didn't want to have a party since we live so far out of time. I think if people didn't show because of the distance he would feel bad.

I exercised twice yesterday. I did the hike, then last night I worked out on the weight machine. I'm doing chest/arm presses, shoulder presses and leg presses. I'm going after the large muscles so that the metabolism gets revved up. I do need to add crunches to the workout, but so far I've been avoiding it.

Well, I must go vacuum the house, then swifter it. Blech... I hate to clean but I like a clean house. So I gotta do what I've got to do.
Marie
Old 06-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #419  
Going to Disney - 2005

Hello Everyone:
I have been reading through all these pages! Well not all of them cause I don't know if I would every finish them.

Hope you don't mind me joining in here. I am looking for a group or two to hang out with. I just started last week doing WW on my own. Money and Time and the fact I just can not find a meeting I like.

About me:
mom of one teenage boy (13 almost 14)

Work full time and then some (hence me posting here) I am a corporate event planner. Although I really have no title since I got the job. Oh well they did not move me to Salary exempt either so they still have to pay me OT.

I love Disney! and we are going Nov. 19-25 with my niece and sister! I can't wait. So saving money for that too. I can't wait to go. Only 159 days left. Tink is my favorite!

WW is my plan. I also take a water class starting tomorrow for one hour a week. I am also going to start walking. My one friend moved 10 blocks away and now we are walking to meet up and talk for a bit every night. Funny how moving away I see her more.

Off to fold all my laundry. Since today was cleaning and wash today! But I feel so much better when I keep up on stuff.
Savin4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #420  
Lifelong Journey Member

Welcome Disney, you'll find this a great, supportive group of ladies. We share a lot in common and that has helped me find support to lose weight. Once in a while we talk about weight loss, but anything is a safe topic.

I took an aqua aerobics class a couple years ago and it was fun. You'll really enjoy it. Good for the walking and doing WW. I count calories but more loosely then exact. I alway round up to the nearest 50 calories when I eat a food. I figure rounding will someday make me lose the roundness.

TTYL.
Marie

PS If you can stay non-exempt, I would. OT is great. Exempt is a way for employers to screw their employees with the government's blessing. I wish I was non-exempt - can you tell? BTW, I'm a database manager for a school district.