Old 05-31-2005, 05:35 PM   #106  

Donna I can see how you're "excited" (for lack of better words) to get that surgery over with. I don't blame you. It's like my upcoming ultrasound, I want it over with so I can either prepare for a baby or whatever. I'm trying to not worry myself over that.

As for our home, we were planning on another attempt in the morning but now heavier rain is almost here. I can't believe this. Our first payment is due 7/15 and it will be here before we can moved in. It's been 2 weeks already since our closing.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:43 PM   #107  

Dana, I am keeping my fingers crossed for dryer weather for your move especially before the first payment is due!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #108  

Can you believe that it's pouring rain today again? If this stops before night, we can attempt again on friday, if not, we're looking at monday which is my Dr. day. Maybe that will work out. I won't be here during some of it. Funny thing though ( if you can find light at end of tunnel). i had begged for rain last 2 weeks to get rid of pollen. My allergies are better.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #109  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Donna I can so understand how you feel. If I had insurance I would be wanting it done to me as well. Now the day before my period starts I get these back pains that about send me over the edge. Jason thinks that might be when I am ovulating being as I have a cyst on an ovarie. Dr. said it will take care of itself but damnit the pain sure hurts.
Tonys last day of school is tomorrow. I can't belive my baby is graduating and out of school. I am kinda depressed over it. I keep thinking how much I missed out on, how I could have been there more for him, if he will ever forgive me for all he went thru.etc.
I was up 1/2 a pond at weigh in today but with TOM I knew I would be. I am back on track and logging all my food again. I was lax on that last week. I just kept forgetting to write it down. So good or bad i will not forget to this week. So I didn't make my goal for May 31st. I was off a pound from it. Still I am happy for losing what I have.
Dana how is the house going? Are the kids loving being out of school? What are you doing with them as you move? How is the baby doing and the mama?
Rosey I am so sorry about the new meds. What were you taking and what are you taking now? I know I am going to have to watch mine real close being as each time I take it now it is in the normal range and with a few more pounds off it will be in low range if I am not careful. How is Curves going for you? Is yours offering a summer special? How many inchs have you lost andhow much weight and what body fat percent? I will post all that tomorrow for you all.
Gayle I love you and miss seeing you post. I hope that things are looking up for you. Is you LA trip coming up soon?
OK I broke my toe over the weekend. I was on my way back to bed after a pee break and smashed it into the bed post. It is all a pretty purple color and part of my foot as well. I didn;t get x-rays done so it may not be broke but sure looks it.Oh yea it hurts a bit but for some reason it cracks me up. I mean I had to hit the freaking middle toe. I wore shoes today for the first time since doing it and my foot/toe is throbbing. I did go to Curves still today and am porud of me for that.
OK going to go make me some lunch and do some cleaning up.
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #110  

Gosh Daphne. I can't believe Tony is graduating either. I had no clue he was a senior. Will you get to attend graduation?? Maybe you will get to spend more time with him now. I'm sure he forgives you for anything you feel you may have done. We can't stay with men that we're unhappy with no matter if we have children or not. You did what most women would have done and it wasn't like Tony was an infant or anything.

I might would feel the same way about a hysterectomy but my periods never have really bothered me. Of course I went nearly 8 years without one. That's also a great thing about being pregnant. I think I"m fine. I have 5 more days until that ultrasound and I pray that it's all ok so I can relax and enjoy it more. I am nervous about it. I told kevin I don't think I can look until I hear the Dr. say something. He said he would watch for me. You can't hear sound on that ultrasound he has. I can't wait to actually be able to hear the heartbeat. I remember the sense of relief I had in my last preg's just from hearing that sweat sound.

As for the home thing, we will be staying in our camper which is sat up in mama's back yard but as long as it's raining as heavy as it is, we're not going anywhere. The weather channel is calling for rain all the way through next tuesday for us. It's really depressing.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #111  

BTW Daphne, sorry about that toe. I guess if you can laugh about it, that's good. They heal pretty quickly. I don't think I've ever broken anything but kevin has a few times. Don't worry about your weight. I'm proud of you for sticking to it the way you are. You're on your way to your goals. I wish I could say that. I have this treadmill but I can't get to it with everything sitting in the floor. We took everything off the walls and out of cabinets. Even took our window until AC's out and at least it's only 57 degrees here. We would burn up otherwise. Then again, if it were hot enough to burn us, we wouldn't be in here in the first place. So frustrating.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:06 PM   #112  

Hi there my ya ya friends! I am sorry I wasn't here earlier to respond to yesterdays entries.
Daphne, I'm sorry about the toe. OUCH I popped my toe out of joint once and that hurt bad but never broke one. I hear there isn't anything you can do about a broken toe other than just wait it out any way. As for your son graduating soon, I hate to hear you blame yourself for things. I don't really know your story but what I know of you is that you are a great mother and all of us just can only do the best we can. None of us are perfect and we make mistakes and if Tony is still carrying around some hurt I pray that he will realize one day that you just did what you had to do or all that you knew to do. Life is so tough some times. I hope you will feel better soon.
Dana, man it has been awful! The rain finally stopped here this evening. It sure has been pouring. I hate it for you and your move. I know this has been more difficult than you thought it would be. First everything was moving so fast then it came to a sudden halt. I am glad I will know how your ultra sound goes before my surgery. Your test is Monday, right? I am holding you in my prayers.
I had my pre-op done today. It went well except for the waiting so long at both places. I was quite concerned when I was waiting so long at the gynecologist office for my papers to take to the hospital that I was going to be late. Turns out it would not have made a difference if I was late to the hospital for I had to wait an hour before the nurse saw me and did the tests. I had to have a ekg, chest x-ray, blood drawn and the usual pee pee in the cup. LOL The doctor said my surgery should be two hours one hour for each doctor. He also said that I should be home on Thursday or Friday.
Well, I'm going to go now. It's getting late but I wanted to update you all.
Take care of yourselves.
Love,
Donna
Old 06-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #113  
Miss. Brat

Donna I will be praying for you on surgery day. What day is the surgery and what time? I want to be able to pray at the right time! I wonder how many pounds a uterus weighs? I bet that ticker will be moving down again! WHat is Elena doing this summer?
Dana did you ever get Lakens SSI? We had to give SSI the taxes for last year and the year before. They somehow lost 03s taxes. Well duh its the goverment! Go figure right? How did the kids all do in school? Robert and Megan still have 3 weeks left here. It will give me a break before all He$$ breaks lose with the fights and boredom.:lolL
OK Mama RoseyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy did you get depressed when your first kid graduated? I can't stop crying over it. I am happy for him it just means he is more of a man now a real adult even. I know I am bad for saying this but I am so thankful he does not want to serve in the Marines, Navy, Army, etc. He is my one and only baby and if something happened to him I would just die. How selfish is that of me? DO you guys live anywhere near the copper river? They are selling first of the season copper river salmon here for around 15 to 20 dollars a pound. I hear on the east coast and in the fancy restaurants it is even higher. How is the card making going? How about giving me some lessons on card making? I want to know how to make the windows. You made me a card with one before with little beads in it. I was going to tear the card apart to figure it out but I love the card!
I weigh and measure at Curves tomorrow. I have no odea what it will say. I know my fat jeans are way to big and before I was ready to go buy a bigger size in them.
OK going to go watch a bit of TV,
XOXOXO Daphne
Old 06-03-2005, 03:13 AM   #114  

Hi everyone..donna i will be thinking about you and wishing you well during your surgury..let us know when u can how you are doing..dana hope the move goes smoothly..i hate moving but lucky you a new house..am thinking good thoughts at your checkup for you..daphnee.. i was devaststed when my kids moved out of the house soon after graduation..both of my girls couldnt wait to be on their own out from parental rule once they turned 18 altho still at home the rules were relaxed but still they wanted to fly and i let them go.. at first it was really hard but then i got so i liked.. i think girls esp stay in touch..and my girls are awsome..they both turned into remarkable loving and caring adults..found wonderful husbands and are great moms..i couldnt be more proud..i guess we did our job right..i still miss those little arms tho and kisses and giggles..get that from my grandkids now and life marches on and very fast i might add so hang in there it will be ok for u too..those are shaker cards.. and a pain to make but cute huh..i am still having trouble with the b/p meds.. makes me jittery and light headed..dr said if symptoms dont go away in a couple of weeke to call her its my body adjusting to alower b/p gee i hate getting older.. both my dh and i have slowed down i have stopped curves for the summer i cant do it by myself and the grdd is out of school now so we dont always have a sitter..altho i know it was good for me im enjoying not hurting in all my joints instead im using resistance bands and walking some..i havent lost that much but my balance is better and ive lost inches and im ok with that.. well its late here but wanted to see what u all are up to((((((((hugs)))))))) and prayers for u all my friends rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:40 AM   #115  
Miss. Brat

OK was up late with hubby keeping him awake so he could go to airport and get his brother. I am going back to bed in a few. I just wanted to say that Jason and I were watching TV last night in bed before he left and a Taco Bell add came on. It was for the Chalupa with chicken and baon. I made a comment about how it looked good and I wanted one. Guess what Jason did? He got up and went to Taco Bell and bought one for me and one for him!Now hopw sweet was that? OK yes I ate it in bed at midnight but it was so good and even though food isn't supposed to comfort me the gester and taste cheered me up!
Daphne
Old 06-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #116  

Daphne, yes laken got SSI. We got her first regular check this month. It's $559 a month but once I let them know of our new home, it goes to $579. My app't on monday is at 9:25. Weird time huh?? Well yesterday I rented a fetal doppler to find the heartbeat. It's suppose to be here today. I'm excited to try to find it before I go on monday. i can relax a bit to know there's a heartbeat. There has to be at this point or something isn't right. I may be asking for trouble who knows?? School was out here on may 25th. We're into week 2 I believe.

Donna i will be praying for you on tuesday and for a quick recovery as well. Will Jim be able to take off work for some of your recovery? I know you will need some "waiting on hand and foot", want you? I'd milk it for a while. I know you will be so happy when that's over.

Rosey I have a long way to go before my kids graduate but I know it's different with boys and girls. With boys, your lucky to keep them at home until they graduate. Girls seem to be a little more attached. You have a lot to be proud of with your girls accomplishments. You have one that's lost over 100 pounds haven't you? How is she doing with that?

I'm actually losing some weight without trying and without being sick. I guess my metabolism is up while making a baby that I burn more calories. My sister says she's lost at least 7 pounds herself for the same reason. I don't know what the dr. scales will say but I"m 4 pounds less on my scales at home.

It's still drizzling here today. i'm really praying for no rain all weekend so maybe we can look at starting this move on monday or tuesday but haven't heard anything yet. Well I'm watching "birth day" on discovery health and the baby is fixing to be born. Hope you all have a great friday.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #117  

Great to hear from everyone! (except we are missing a couple aren't we?)
Daphne, that was so sweet of Jason to do that! Some times you just can't figure these guys out. I'm still in shock over my lap top. LOL The surgery is at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday. I appreciate your prayers.
Dana, let us know how that gadget works. I would do the same thing. It would drive me crazy to have to wait until Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Rosey, I sure hope the bp medicine settles down soon for you. When I was on that anti-depressant for a while it made me feel really strange. But eventially the side effects did go away. I wish you didn't have to quit Curves for the Summer but truly understand. It's hard to get any one to watch the kids. I've had a horrible time just getting help within my own family for Elena while I'm in the hospital. Luckily I will not be in there long.

It's not raining right now... So glad but it's still dark and dreary. Looking for that sunshine!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #118  

Yes finally the sun peeped through just a bit and the rain stopped. Pray for sunny dry weather for a few days. I got my fetal doppler but after what seemed like hours of trying, the only heart we heard was mine. I am reminded though that at about 10 1/2 weeks with my twins, the ER couldn't find any heartbeats and i had to have the ultrasound so I"m praying for good news on monday.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #119  

Me too, Dana.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #120  

Well I finally found the heartbeat this morning, 154 bpm and then 167. Afterwards though, I went to pee and i'm bleeding. I'm pretty sure it's a pending miscarriage. I called the Dr. and he said unless i"m passing tissue, he would see me monday and do that ultrasound to confirm. I dont' know how to feel right now. I thought after the trouble with my preg. with twins that I could have a healthy preg. I've been bleeding on an off for 5 hours now and I'm not really cramping yet but I'm having some tinges.