Old 07-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #181  

OK. Mom is gone. The neutral wire on our meter box came loose during installation and caused the problems. The power company is going to repair the fridge and purchase a new microwave and stereo.

For now, I have this computer on our dining table. Kevin may yell when he gets in. LOL I need phone jacks done and then the computer will just be in my room. We certainly are enjoying all of this room but can't fully enjoy the home until we have a fridge. It's one of the side by side jobs with ice maker and water on the door. I know we are probably the last to get one but we're excited to have it.

I am doing well myself. I am on cycle number 2 since miscarriage and am free to try when I want to for another baby. It's nearly ovulation time now and we will see what happens. Of course I will keep you updated.

My sister is doing well. she's about 18 1/2 weeks now and will have an ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if it's he or she. She had the blood test for down syndrome done yesterday and it takes 2 weeks to get that back. Of course you never expect anything to happen in those tests but she did it anyway.

Daphne I am sorry I wasn't around for your surgery. It came and went fast for me. I'm glad you came through ok and seem to be healing up.

Rosey congrats on that furniture. I could use some more myself. We have a big family room with tv and love seat and it's empty other wise.

Donna I"m glad you are healing up as well. Thank you to all of you for keeping the thread running. I hope to be a regular again. Well hate to keep this short but wanted to update you all. It's time for DH and he will want to know what all happened today as far as the power is concerned.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #182  

{{{{DANA}}}} I'm so glad to see a post from you today! Just in time for me to leave for Mississippi (I know Daphne loves to type this LOL ) tomorrow after my doctor appt. AND WE DON'T have a side by side refrigerator! SO.... You aren't the last ones to get one, we are! LOL Sorry about all the electricity problems. But glad all is going smooth with your sister's pregnancy and getting you ready for the conception of yours! LOL Did they have any idea what could of caused the miscarriage? I am sure they didn't but was wondering.
Rosey, your furniture sounds beautiful and I hope you can figure out how to post a picture sometime. It's hot and muggy here too. We have been getting A LOT of rain.
Daphne, hope your belly button is feeling better today. Enjoyed chatting with ya yesterday!
I'll be home on Thursday evening. Hope you all have a great weekend and week!
TTFN
Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #183  

Wow it took me forever to catch up on posts and then I get back to posting and POOF!, everyone leaves me. Where are you all? I know donna is gone but did I miss something?? I have our final walk through inspection in 2 hours and thought I would post before I get our washing caught up. I was posting on my fertitlity site today that I post on and I am 3 days post ovulation so we'll know in about 7 to 10 days if this was the month or not. If it is, my due date would be april 7th but the dr. told me he would take the baby 7 to 10 days earlier which will be in march. Well my nephew is march 17, twins are march 30 and FIL is March 29. Not complaining though, just give me a healthy pregnancy and baby soon!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #184  

Hi! Remember me? I'm still around. Things are going well. I just don't seem to ever get on the computer any more! What's THAT about???

I went over to the Allegheny Mountains in PA for 5 days earlier this month. It was great. It was the best weather we've had for 2 months! It's been killer hot and humid here all summer! But that week it was mid-70's and low humidity. I can't believe it. And, when I got home...you'll never believe this...my A/C was installed and running!!!! I got home on Sunday the 10th, did some errands on Monday, and didn't leave the apartment Tuesday or Wednesday! I was actually able to get some work done!!! It's like heaven in here. The heat and humidity came back those first days I was home from the Mts. and I have really used this A/C for all it's worth! It's not been above 72* in here since I got home!

Dana, I'm so glad to see that you've gotten into your new home...how exciting!!! However, you didn't need the extra excitment of dangerous electricial problems, huh? I don't have the side-by-side fridge either. Good luck on trying for the baby.

Daphne, well, I guess you were right on the phone about the GB, eh? I'm glad to see that things are going along ok.

Rosey, so it gets hot up there too, huh? And I was just about ready to move up there!!! Your furniture sounds beautiful. OMG!!!! Wild salmon from AK! That sounds as close to heaven as I can think!!!

Donna, I'll bet you are melting in Mississippi! It's bad enough in OH, much less in the deep south!! As you can see, it's been hazy, hot, and humid here, too. But, we haven't had the rain. And we need it so bad. Our grass is yellow and the corn is curling up begging for rain. Speaking of corn, the other day I stopped at a roadside market and got corn and tomatoes and had my favorite summer meal...corn on the cob and tomato sandwich!!! MAJOR YUM!!!

I'm still planning to go to New Orleans in Sept for my dad's navy reunion. It is the cheapest and safest way I will ever be able to go. And the lady in the next apartment has a son who lives there and she's going to fly with me.

The cats are getting along for the most part. I think they want to play together, but sometimes they go too far and Ivan ends up with a mouthful of long black hair! Then, after I yell at him he looks at me like he's saying, "What?? I didn't do anything!" But there he is with that tuft of fuzzy black hair sticking out of his mouth! Well, DUH!

I must go. I finally got on here and waded my way through 1380 new messages in my inbox...told you I wasn't getting on here very often!! I think this time it was nearly a month. Needless to say, I didn't read them all! I've begun to hate forwards! I've stopped forwarding anything unless it makes me ROFLMAO.

I have no idea the next time I'll be here, but best of luck to you all and I really do love you all even if it doesn't seem like it!!!

OH, and is this a weightloss site? OOPS...I seem to be in the wrong place! I haven't been able to curb myself since Mom died. I still intend to..... What to they say about the path to **** being paved with good intentions???....

Take care and take care of yourselves.

Love,

The black one is Dutchess Annette and the pi$$ed off looking one is Ivan!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dutchess Annette '05.jpg (15.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Ivan in front of BR stereo.jpg (15.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Dutchess Annette couch'05.jpg (28.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by velvet; 07-19-2005 at 02:13 PM.
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #185  

Morning everyone its rainy and cool this am.. we needed the rain..my yard is blooming with wild roses and daiseys and lots of weeds(our lawn mower is broken ) thats ok i like wild..my dh went set net fishing yesterday and got 15 salmon..1/2 for our dd and her family and we will smoke and can ours.. so i wll be busy today but will be great when its all put away..glad to here from you dana.. ill bet your new home is beautiful good luck and have fun making that baby daphnee hope you are feeling better and donna hope you are having fun on your vacation.. hello velvet i have read some of your posts and dont worry about the diet it will fall into place when u areready..talk later.. have lots to do today((((hugs))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #186  

Happy weekend everyone.. so far its cool this am and so pretty out (((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 07-24-2005, 02:25 AM   #187  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Just saying hi for a second. I am dead tired been working on garage sale this week and reading a trashy romance book. Going to bed at 1:30 or 2 and getting up at 6:30. I am beat and planning on sleeping in on Monday! Made around 100.00 at sale for the last 2 days and doing it tomorrow as an extra day.
XOXOXO Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #188  

Gayle, I so much enjoyed seeing the pictures of your cats! It was very hot in Mississippi and we even went into New Orleans to visit the Audubon Zoo and The Aquarium of the Americas. It was a scorcher there as well but the kids enjoyed it so it was worth it! It was nice to see a post from you. Most of us have not been able to post like we would like to.
Daphne, $100 dollars at a garage sale!!! I don't blame you for sleeping in tomorrow. I have too many calls to make tomorrow so no sleeping in for me. How are you feeling? I had to have a EGD done last Friday that is why we got in from our trip on Thursday. It went well the doctor removed a polyp from my esophaugus. He said that it looked strange and at first he did not know what it was but he didn't feel concerned about it and sent it off for a biopsy. He also said I'll need to consider the surgery to repair my hiatal hernia in the very near future that they can do it laproscopicly and it would be out-patient just like my gall bladder surgery. I just want to get completely recover from the hysterectomy surgery which I am doing well and received my release from both doctors till November.
So, chickies it's back to the diet again. I have gained back to where I was before my surgery thanks to vacation and all the great meals that were brought to us. But who am I really to blame??? ME! LOL
Rosey, my sister's in-laws are taking their complete family on a cruise to Alaska! I envy her very much! Is it in August when there is daylight for 20 hours? My sister leaves on August 3rd.
Going to close for now. Dana, I hope all the electrical problems are solved and soon you will be all settled in.
TTFN
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #189  

Hi huys. I had some PC issues over the weekend and thought it suffered a crash again. It somehow finally fixed itself. I was going to re-install windows again which would mean losing everything on the hard drive but my windows disc was cracked and it wouldn't read it. Well I contacted microsoft via email lastnight and they gave me a number to call and would replace the disc for free as long as I still had my product key and I do.

Donna so glad you're home. Don't feel bad about the weight, of course I don't or I would be doing more about it wouldn't I? Actually I don't know what I weigh. My batteries are dead on scale. I don't even know how hot it is outside cause I hardly go out there. It's cool in here and we do have our power stuff worked out. Now it's phone issues. Kevin was going to put in some phone jacks but the thing outside that you hook the wires too, well lets say, you can bring it in here and show me. That means, it's not hooked to anything. We have this line plugged into the test jack out there.

Daphne great money isn't it? Sometimes it's not worth it but when you can get around $100 or so, it is. I think kevin is going to try to sell his lawnmower. He bought it for around $1200 about 4 years ago and it just needs a simple steering wheel gear. I know he really wants money but what is $100 now when you can pay like $20 to fix a perfectly good mower?? Now he has his deer stand out there. He got it for x-mas and it was $154. Still had tags on it but it's a fancier kind than what he wanted so now he wants to sell that. I just don't know what he will sell on a monday though.

We had someone come look at our singlewide on friday. It's actually in my MIL's name and we were asking $4500 for it. Kevin has been painting in it and i got on my knees and cleaned the kitchen floor last week. We have a 10 x 12 deck as well as 2 real good window unit a/c's which were ours. MIL only wanted payoff which was $4100 or so, so we were asking the rest to compensate for deck and a/c's. If they don't want that then they can pay less price. Fair enough isn't it?? She said once she got ahold of the man that would move it for her, she would call us to have him come look at it.

My sister called to tell me she had her ultrasound this morning and the baby weighs 13 ounces and is about 8 days ahead of her due date. And she's a girl. I"m happy for her but sad too. That's what I wanted. Her name will be Chloe which I like but it doesn't sound good with her last name to me. (hanvey). That's 2 names with a hard E sound. Anyway, it's her baby.

Rosey are you staying cool up there? No snow is there?? Just kidding. Has anyone heard from summer?? I bet she didn't even know I was expecting a baby, let alone lost it and that we finally moved. I wonder how she's doing now. And Jim??

Gayle- I'm happy you got your AC running. Isn't it wonderful? And now the cats are trying to get along?? Do they share food dishes and litter boxes?? LOL

Well I am about 3 to 4 days away from my period. I took a test today and it was negative so who knows. I'm tired of waiting already. LOL
Old 07-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #190  

Yes the cats are getting along great. They even want to play...of course, it usually ends in a minor fight, but they take care of it themselves now. "Mom" just sits back and makes sure neither one ends up with a mouth full of the other!

I don't have time to reply to everyone. I'm checking flights to New Orleans and so far it looks like nearly $250. I guess that's ok. My neighbor here is traveling with me and we are going to AAA tomorrow to see what kind of prices we can get from them.

I have to get off here and do...hmmm...something...I can't remember what! See what the internet doest to me????

Take care all and I'll be back.

Love,
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM   #191  

Hi everyone..i have a house full of grandkids..everythings topsy turvy but we are having fun..they love my craft stuff.. theyre at the swimming pool with their aunt and cousins.so i have amoment to catch up..tomorrow we are going to the movies to see the new willy wonka film.. and thursday weather permitting its a beach trip and picnic and to search for agates spirit stones and whatever they find interesting on the beach.. the rest of the week i dont know yet..but im loving it.. hello and (((((hugs))) everyone rosey
Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #192  

Hi all. Rosey enjoy those kids. I had to register Brett for 7th grade this morning. They go back on Aug 9th. We are suppose to leave for Cherokee sometime in the morning and will be back on sunday. I am excited yet I will miss this place too. I should know when I get back whether I'm preggers or not. I had period pains yesterday but they are gone today. I took a test but it was negative. May be early though. Well I have some packing to do .
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM   #193  

Hi everyone.. im having a break this am the grkids are at my dd house so its quiet around here for the moment my dh and oldest grson went to the cabin.. we took them all to see the new willie wonka movie..they liked it but i thought it was the weirdest movie id ever seen..j debb remined me of m. jackson in that movie yuck i dont recommend it..im having a hard time staying on pts with everyone here.. to many tempting foods like pizza ..so what have u all been up too?? i need to do some house work today..laundry for sure.. theres a fort in my living room and clay creatures all over my dining rm table and shoes and clothes every where arent grkids fun and then they will go home and ill be sad.. have agreat day everyone rosey:wave;
Old 07-31-2005, 01:58 AM   #194  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone I have had a busy stressful week. The nephew has me in a constant irritated state now. He is so disrespectful to me now.I am not used to a 14 year old boy throwing temperfits. It is like he is 2 years old. He was asked to watch Megan today for me so I could do a quick errand I would be back in an hour. He threw a freaking tizzy fit. I lost it big time cussed a lot and had to take Megan with me. He wants to go to the fair Wednesday but he isn't going to go. I will see if the neighbors can keep him for a couple of hours and I will take Megan and not him. That ought to make his day! I did warn him not to get me super angry or he would pay!
OK I gained 5.8 pounds last week at WW for a 2 week span. I was down 1/2 a pound this week. So I am just up a lil over 5 pounds for the month. I am disappointed but have had a lot going on. I am back on track tomorrow, journaling my foods, off soda, drinking my water, etc.
I hope to post more now that I am outta the eatting funk.
XOXOXO Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #195  

Hope all is well with everyone. I am having a time with staying away from sweets. OUGH!
We are going to the beach condo on Saturday morning and will be back the following Saturday. Soon Elena will be back in school. Not looking forward to that. She's been enjoying horse back riding lessons though and doing really well.
Daphne, I'm right with you gf trying to get back on the wagon.
Hello Dana, Gayle, Rosey.
TTFN