No!

Nellie:
You can't make a butterfly strong,

Girls:
Hmm, hmm!

Nellie:
You can't fix an egg when it ain't quite good,

Girls:
And you can't fix a man when he's wrong!

Nellie:
You can't put back a petal when it falls from a flower,
Or sweeten up a fellow when he starts turnin' sour

Girls:
Oh no! Oh no!

Nellie and Girls:
If his eyes get dull and fishy,
When you look for glints and gleams,
Waste no time,
Make a switch,
Drop him in the nearest ditch!
Rub him out of the roll call,
And drum him out of your dreams
Oho! Oho!

Nellie:
I went to wash that man right outa my hair,
And sent him on his way.

Girls:
She went to wash that man right outa my hair,

Nellie and Girls:
And send him on his way!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #197  
Radiate self!

Here I sit with song from South Pacific bouncing around in my head and I don't have the video will just have to hum to myself

Linus I am one point for this last week :blink: Keeping the same goal to make it four days doing the weights. I will never be queen but maybe leanliness will come along one fine day.

Here is one from the 1940 something movie "Best foot Forward" I remember a guy who could really whistle well in this one and this song

BUCKLE DOWN, WINSOCKI

Buckle down, Winsocki
Buckle down
You can win, Winsocki
If you knuckle down
If you break their necks
If you make them wrecks
You can break the hex,
So buckle down,
Make 'em yell Winsocki, make 'em yell.
You can win, Winsocki
If you give 'em ****
It you don't give in take it on the chin
You are bound to win, it you will only buckle down,
If you fight you'll chuckle at defeat.
If you fight your luck'll not retreat
(Shout)
Knuckle down Winsocki
Knuckle down.
You can win, Winsocki
If you buckle down
If you mow them down
If you go to town
You can wear the crown
If you will only buckle down.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #198  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Best Foot Forward 1943
Musical/Performing Arts
A grand MGM musical about a Hollywood star who, as part of a publicity stunt, agrees to be the guest of a young cadet at his military school prom. Probably Lucy's best film according to Desi. The movie is based on a Broadway show and includes such Big Band hits as "Three Men on a Date," "Wish I May," "Buckle Down Winsocki" and "Two O'Clock Jump."
MPAA Rating: Not Rated.

Cast and Credits
Starring: Lucille Ball, June Allyson, William Gaxton, Virginia Weidler, Harry James
Directed by: Edward Buzzell, Charles Walters
Produced by: Arthur Freed

Gotta love the oldies but goodies! Good night Meadow and don't forget to buckle your winsocki before you go to bed!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #199  

You chicks are cracking me up. I am pretty stuck in the 70's.

Linus~ I have 5 for not eating after 7; and 2 for exercise

Cant believe it is another week gone already.

See ya tomorrow!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #200  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Tut, we have gone from South Pacifc to Hollywood in one leap. Just as I was about to burst into 'betel juice' too or maybe 'some enchanted evening', which I have as a cd sung by Jose Carreras and very nicely done too. He is singing South Pacific along with another well known Dame who wears an ONZ.

Linus I have 4 day of garden exercise and 3 for water. Not doing that great huh?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:39 AM   #201  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Points

4 points Walking/running
2 points PT exercises
6 Points Total

I just can't seem to remember the PT.

Today is race day! It's very cold for Florida - I need to figure out layers.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:07 AM   #202  

Default Confession time to my buddies

Hello everyone, I thought I was going to get up on Thursday and tell you the story of the rug being burned..... but my power was off since 2am that morning and it was about 10degrees. So no computer to write my tale.....
I wish I only had one stupid incident to to report but alas....thursday happened. Ok Linus,,,,,, here goes..... as I was placing all of the equipment into the big tank on Saturday..... like a dumb girl I had the one pump in place and wanted to see if it was working...so I plugged in the plug..... which supplies power to about three other things for the tank... which were at this point still on the carpet.... and yes the little tank heater was right down there and before you knew it.... melting my carpet leaving a nice little hole.... so stupid.... so that was my story THEN..... By the grace of God and my wonderful Angels.... I still have a house after THursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as I stated previously the power was out.... no problem for a resourceful gal like me... I went down stairs and brought out my coleman one burner made coffee out on the deck as the sun is rising over the Bitteroot mountains...even made my oatmeal out there... oh glory I was feeling so happy and contented since I couldn't type to my 3FC friends I wrote out some sweet cards to relatives for Valentine's Day. Now thursday is my day off which I usually spend at home for the most part. But I had promised to go in and Help Nan and see a patient or two so I left the house and was working from 12 - 5. I did take Teeka with me and she likes the van on a sunny day so she was with me... but before I left my small fish tank was getting so cold and the fish were looking pretty sad...so I moved the small tank to a sunny spot for the day knowing they would be fine.... power was to be back at 6pm that day.... I took out the heater laying it on a towel on my computer desk with the light and top of the small tank..... WELL the power came back on at 3pm so when I walked into my house it was filled with smoke...... I was frantic to find the source.... the heater which was still plugged in on the towel on my desk was all but gone...... the cord to the computer melted the top to the fish tank melted...it was not in flames but oh my so very close it was melting everything........ I still have a house... the smoke damage is minamal I think. Girls..... I feel so lucky and blessed to still be here sitting at my computer and not in a state of shock with my house burned down.....
Do you think there is a lesson in there for ME!!!!!!!!!!
I have enjoyed reading the posts.... so fun....... hope everyone is well I will be back later to report..... there is girls hockey here again this weekend so I will be in and out watching the games......
Blessings to everyone.......
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:33 AM   #203  

Good heavens Rosie - thats terrible. Geez you were a lucky girl. Suggest you carefully consider the third time you take the fish tank to pieces.
Anyway I am off to bed. I'll catch up tomorrow. in the mean time for goodness sake be careful out there.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #204  
Happy September

NAE!!!!OMG!!!!! We will not let you ever take that fish tank apart again!!!! Thank god you and Teeka are ok and the house is still standing. The combinations of what could have happened are staggering!!! I am glad you were BOTH out!! And equally glad you got home in time! Your Guardian Angel must be working overtime!! I certainly hope this week goes by smoothly and calmly! The lesson for the week must be "focus"!

I need to steam my veggies and straighten up....and also I have NO energy!(snore)So if I get my butt in gear and get going then I will allow myself some down time after this incredibly LOOOONG week. The accountant didn't leave till 5-ish and it made for a long day. Slept like a log last night though!
Still yawning! Must be because ther is nothing vital to do! I'm not used to sitting still! Have a great day!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-12-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #205  
Happy September

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, rock,
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, rock,
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, rock,
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight.

Put your glad rags on and join me, hon,
We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one,
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight,
We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'til broad daylight.
We're gonna rock, gonna rock, around the clock tonight.

When the clock strikes two, three and four,
If the band slows down we'll yell for more,
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight,
We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'til broad daylight.
We're gonna rock, gonna rock, around the clock tonight.

Can you tell I found some energy hidden away??? Veggies are done and now for the quiche! Just took a frappuccino break and I'm ready to Rock'n'Roll
Old 02-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #206  

evening chickies , im just going to give a wee quick post as im off to the pub {juice only} spoke to teel shes still well fed up but had a giggle at mel singing again , weve missed the impromptu lyrics ,everythings good here no more casualtys MEL the dates are going by the scan i had on wednesday but ive been told that they could change at my actual dating scan on the 9th of march ,they normally date from the first day of your last period which would have made me due 28th of september but according to the scan i must have fell pregnant on the last possible day "hogmany-new years day" so hence 22 october so somewhere within that month as theyll section me at 38 weeks anyway ,
right ladies im off to get the hair and war paint done have a good one
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #207  
Happy September

Aunt Fannie Can Hardly Wait!
Old 02-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #208  

Still a bit lacking in energy but........

I’m just going to have to get on with it and push myself somewhat. 3 panadol to get rid of the headache. Lots of water to counteract yesterdays eating, and some stern self talk should do the trick.

Today is also going to be the day I get in touch with some old friends that I have been neglecting again. Getting my house in order so to speak. I love and need my friends.

Today, might also be the day where I get a few more mini projects off the list as well. It will be nice to see that moving along and becoming a little shorter. I make a promise to myself I will not put as many back on the end of the list.

Mel is back to singing in the forum - rock around the clock this time. Unbelievable!!!! But at least she is coming up with some really good music. Maybe she will be back with Oklahoma, or State Fair next! Okay, Okay, I’m not gonna knock the next generations stuff - even if I have a problem coming to terms with some of it. I’m not the most musical person in the world. I likes what I likes! My kids hate my music.
Talking of music. The South Pacific cd I have is Jose Carreras and Kiri Te Kanawa singing the principle roles and a Welsh choir doing the naval chorus'. Now if you remember the guys singing things like 'Nothin like a dame' were all young and ..... well pretty yummo in the film. Didn't see the stage show so can't comment. TVNZ put on a doco made in Britain about the making of this cd. To say the least it was interesting. Jose turned up in jeans, Kiri in Cardin. The other male lead was an American tenor who couldn't string two words together if he wasn't singing and the average age of the Welsh choir was 60. Nellie's nurses were 3 English ladies one of whom was totally dressed in leather.

Okay, off to finish the hedge, do the garden edges, fertilise the veges, mow the lawn and water the pots. Better put that in some sort of order - or the neighbours will be up in arms if I try to use power tools before 7.00am and I will have the boys in blue on the doorstep - followed closely no doubt by Mel who llikes a good uniform from time to time. Maybe she will be singing the theme from Police Academy at that stage.

Right got my mind in gear - go do the hair, get the boots, wander out the back and start work. Breakfast and coffee at 10.00, Mel, on the patio if you are coming or anyone else for that matter. First in gets the best of the bacon.

Last edited by Shad; 02-12-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:49 PM   #209  
Happy September

Talking Show Me The Bacon Cause Here I Am!!!!

HOPE THIS WILL GET THE ENERGY FLOWING.......

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
An' it looks like its climbin' clear up to the sky.

Chorus:
Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going Shad's way.

Repeat chorus

All the cattle are standing like statues,
All the cattel are standing like statues,
They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by.
But a little brown mav'rick is winking her eye.

Repeat chorus

All the sounds of the earth are like music,
All the sounds of the earth are like music,
The breeze is so busy it don't miss a tree,
And an ol' Weepin' Willer is laughin' at me.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-12-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #210  
Radiate self!

Love is all around you, its everywhere you go... hmm :whistle:

I want to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day. Here is a pic of the lovely AB to set the mood
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tinehearts.jpg

I hope it is a great day for everyone. Rose stay clear of flames and candles though Big hugs to you all and Linus don't forget to give your little tummy traveller a rub from me :
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote