Old 02-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #166  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CONGRATULATIONS TIG AND HOLLY!!!! LONG MAY YOU BOTH REIGN!!!!!!
ROYAL PARDON!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #167  

Default evening chickies

good evening chickies
i now have a clean house and clean floors {long may it last} benjy is moulting {again} and cleo is STILL bleeding so my hall floor looked like some wee poor furry beastie had been massacred but now it doesnt ,craig had his chemistry exam today and said it went well he has the day off tomorrow so that means i have to put up with him all day tomorrow i might survive dh has started coming around to the baby idea {thank god} and has picked his new sons name goodness i hope its a boy today i had my first ever lot of morning sickness its bloody awful how do women put up with that every day i was trying to do the ironing at 7.30 this morning after three visits to the loo already and every other pair of jeans off i went again thankfully by 9 am it went
i have a question for shad and the rest of you ladies how comes everybody is doing different amounts of days for the challenge ???? im not sure if i should be counting out of 12 or 14 ???
SHAD thanks for the support i just couldnt find anything !!! but got there in the end wish i had your weather !!!!!
MEL your poor body lock the door and turn off the phone ,tell the world to go away and relax ,deep breaths in through the mouth and out through the nose
TEEL im so proud of you girl 5llb way to go girl ,remember to start planning that holiday or youll get here and well end up in the pub everyday
HOLLY nice pic luv , glad the dh is calming down and behaving better you could do with an easier week {{{{{{hugs for you }}}}}}
SUZI glad you enjoyed the meal it always tastes better when someone else cooks ,enjoy your peaceful week
TIG good for you on the run that must have felt so good !!!! and think of the teeth youve saved
MEADOW have you got snow yet!!!!!! hope you dong get snowed in {too much} hope you dont get too wrung out with t.o.m
ROSE BURNT THE RUG our tank is glass what on earth were you doing ?????? making turtle nirvana must be trickier that i thought my fish would probably give them a run for there money they have outgrown there tank badly but just dont have £300 for the bigger one just now as were getting cleo spayed next month so theyll just have to swim in very small circles for a wee bit longer my cat fish is now about 10 inches long and ive only got a two foot long tank
now for the rest of you ladies not here at the moment COME BACK ALL IS FORGIVEN were all missing you
S.H.A.D
mel=no junk food /3+3 exercise
shad= more water /30 mins gardening daily
suzi=?????
teel=more water /out and about every day
tig=pt/running
holly=no eting after 7pm/30 mins of exercise
meadow=weights for dummies
rose=good eating/30 mins exercise
linus=water / walking every day
i hink that is all of us but anyone else just jump in and let me know
nite nite chickies
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #168  

found this and thought you all might like a giggle
kirsty
Attached Images
File Type: gif makeyoucry.gif (16.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #169  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

The Royal We grant you a Royal Pardon, Melness. You may arise.

Next 5K is this Saturday, February 12. Tiger by the Tail It is a benefit for the Cocoa High School Tigers Running Club. Last year I got lost at this race and couldn't find the course or the finish line or even the high school. I finally found the parking lot... Because I got lost last week, I'm sure I used up my Get Lost card and will be fine.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:17 AM   #170  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Linus, don't fret about it. If they say they are only doing 6 days, then they can only get a max of 12 points. If they want to take that risk, that's their thing. So we only work off what we are given, if they don't like it, tough !! They don't have to join and they can run it themselves if they want to!!!! That I might add does not apply to any of the lovely ladies here. I can't see anyone putting up a fight in here. And it is just a fun thing to do. It's the same if they only post one challenge. They can only get a max of 7. It's their decision. But they can't do three. They must roll two up together.

Teel 5lb - what can I say. But I would suggest that what you are doing is living within your calories. If you are not doing much exercise, then you don't need as much food and the body is telling you this. Whatever, you DONE WELL KID

Suzi, I am glad that the Chinese dinner went off well. Tell the kids that there is a surprise in the offing, but will not be forthcoming if some deadlines are not met. Probably a bit late for that advice? Isn't the big day tomorrow?

Holly, great picture. You look great. Love the curly hair, and glad to hear the air is cleared at your place. It always affects the children badly when the adults are warring.

Umm Mel or missmellie as Tig has put it so succintly on occasions - what can I say. Stress, Stress STRESS You can no longer afford it. It will rob you of a period of time which should be yours. There are other things in life my little sister. Not sure how I am going to do it, but I will teach an American to relax. Pity I picked on you hey???? It may be the last thing I do!!

Tiger by the tail. They sure come up with some names down your way. Don't they publish a course guide for people like you and me? I did one of those runs years back and was head down plodding along and didn't realise they had all turned right. Got to the finishing post from the back instead of the front. Silly me!!!!

Boys are starting to feel the strain. They have had to perform in front of hierarchy these last couple of days. They got through it although mother here had to shut the hierarchy up a couple of times. I go through the spiel that we will watch and participate and will give kudos and brickbats at the end after the session. Some still have to mouth off in the middle. Well this little black duck is not afraid to haul off and say 'shaddup' (honest it's Aussie version of Shut Up - or the very British - please close you cakehole or I will plug it up with soap!!! One even had the gall to take a mobile phone call in the middle of the lesson and started to talk on the phone. I was very polite. I opened the door and gestured him out!!! all the while waving at the presenter to carry on. Do some people have no manners - just like me.

Anyway, we are getting there despite the difficulties. I try hard to take on the worst of the day to day activities so the guys can concentrate on next week, but there are times when I can't so they have to get on with it. As long as we can laugh about it, it will be okay.

Okay well I have managed the 30 minutes activity in the garden both yesterday and today, but the water is a bit down. I will have to get some in before bedtime tonight.

Time to go fish out the laundry from the machine and put the next lot in. Then I can sit down for the night and watch some mindless tv. This day is done.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #171  
Suzi in Auz

Hi chickies,
hmmmm there is s phantom here who took off with my post! I posted a really long one this morning I was sure . weird things were happening in the middle of it so it prolly didn't register...oh well. I wrote something I promise!
BTW...Congrats to holly and Tig ..two well deserved crowns ...yaay!
Linus i am in for this week please. My challenges are posted at the end of my signature
I am infor 3 points already..yaay me. Doing much better this week now I have slowed down a little.
Thanks for the suggestion SHAD I had this in mind anyway. i didn't even want to tell kids about the prospect of a surprise , just wanted to do it. Hopefully will still happen. ...phew it's hot. I don't know if I can handle this room much longer. Our house is like an oven in the heat, double brick and it just holds it. 39 degrees today...ugg and I ain't talking about F. that's C!!! This little chickie is melting.
I have had a fab two days...feeling very calm. I had a really njice positive thing sent my way on Monday and I am attempting to follow it. It really has made a difference.
I am attempting to make every day a good one.
so...Chinese New year here we come.
I hope you days were great
Linus i hope the little bub didn't cause too much havoc today. I couldn't never wear jeans when i was preggers. ...always a sign, nothing around my waist.
Mel i do hope you are feeling better. Rosacia isn't fun. i'm sure I have heard of some lovely cream you can get here at the Pharmacy and it's supposed to improve it immensely...hmmm I will look into it.
Teel ...wonderful news on the Lbs. I know just where they went...on me!
You are so right about the middle of the week thing with the scales and then...waaalaaa they stay the same. I am sure i sabotage myself!
Heelo to everyone else
night night !
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #172  

I am thinking about Lent.
I gave up wine after new years and I gave up cheese except one day a week and I am doing well with both.
I am thinking that for Lent I will give up eating in the evening. It really is unecessary and indulgent.
I made the Pork Medallions with Red Peppers off of this site last night. MMMM!!! DH licked the pan.
For Fat Tuesday we are having pancakes, bacon and fruit salad.
Thanks for the Crown honours. I wish I had done more exercise earn it!!
I had a school council meeting last night. It was empowering. More details in my journal.
Linus~ I barfed all day long ,all through both pregnancies. That's the main reason we only have 2. I feel your pain!!!!!
Calm is good, Suz!
Shad~ you are so strong and confident. Woohoo!! Shaddup indeed!
Have a great day!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #173  

Default evening all !!!!!!!!

good evening chickies
how are we all this evening????? today has been so disorganised and busy and tomorrow gets no better tomorrow i have the dentist at 9.45 am because they mucked up the impressions last week so off to the dentist again !!! and i have the chiropodist at 12 pm and now because of persistant phonecalls and toing and froing between the docs the midwifes and me ive now got a scan {sonogram} at 11am {because of the bleeding} so tomorrow is going to be terrible
conners hamster died last poor wee thing but it was nearly four years old and was spoilt rediculously by conner and myself but conman isnt taking it too good he got very upset when he came home from school this afternoon and when realising the cage was gone{even though he knew the hamster was dead}he was really upset
im going to finish tydying up and if i get time later ill pop back later for a blether
bye for now
kirsty
Old 02-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #174  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Lent

I don't give things up for Lent - I add them. Every year for the past four years I have included one thing on my list for Lent - and that is pray for the drivers in front of me. Some days they keep me extra busy!

In addition, this year I'm thinking mind, mouth, heart: prayer, study, service. I'm already been reading a daily devotional, the Upper Room. There will be weekly Lenten services every Wednesday night, and I think I'll begin reading Exodus every evening.

For prayer, I have a book from Nepal that I have written prayers in over the years. I can use that for my prayer focus.

For service. Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth... That's the small sign hanging by my computer. I really think there is more that I could do besides shut up. Well, maybe not. This is definitely going to be the hardest.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:26 AM   #175  

Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...

Now this I like and can use. Thanks Tig. Back later. Have some housework to do before I can sit down for the night.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:34 AM   #176  

Where is the week going. I really don’t know whether I am coming or going. It seems one step forward and two backwards this week.
Project grumbles include the the fact that the training server box is still not available and we have about 3 days worth of data to upload and even if we get it uploaded, there is no guarantee we can use it (hello, training starts on Monday) So to be on the safe side, load it into the con box as well (hello are there Training IDs on the con box? No we had better do something about that hadn’t we) 6 days of data to load, and no use of any upload program and they have cancelled out the usual one for SAP. So I can forsee a problem or two arising. Aaah well.

The weather continues on it’s wonderful (not) way and still I am not drinking enough water. I really have to get a handle on this before it does the normal to my body. I know there is plenty of water in the veges and fruit that I eat, it still doesn’t flush the body of the daily grind. It’s hot, I should be drinking more.

To make matters worse, I have lost a filling and need to find some time to get it filled or it will go the way of the tooth that I had extracted last year. The dentist in Melbourne did tell me there would be some work to do on the tooth, so I suppose I had better get it done. So dentist appointment coming up. I can’t afford to lose too many more.

No gym today as this is my rest day. Back into it tomorrow. More weights and resistance stuff. I might fight with myself all the way to the gym, but once there life is fine. Just keep on keeping on. It’s that sort of time at the moment. Lots to think about, lots to do, not enough energy at the moment. This too will pass. Once the worst of the heat goes, I will be back to normal - well as normal as I get anyway.

Anyway, I’ve raved and rambled enough today. Time for bed. Haven't checked on anything much anyway. Hope everyone has had a good day. Where ever they are and whatever they are doing.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #177  

Default Morning All

Hello where is everyone? I miss reading and hearing about everyone. Miss Mel I do hope that you are getting things under control and are feeling better...remember this was the winter to relax and paint and explore that creative side of you!!!!! Hope you are feeling up and at em again soon! Teel that is so great to lose a quick bit like that....way to go keep it up!
Thanks for the thoughts on Lent.... Peace is a wonderful thing...for our small pieces of the world and for the world that seems to never put down arms for life......
I am still doing well eating right and I am trying to drink more water but still that exercise thing is my failure..... I am going to put in some time tomorrow on my day off...well sort of day off.....
shad hope the project sorts itself out.... and the weather is a beast for you down under right now.... Best of Luck.....
Linus, how are you doing? How is the back holding up and let us know about your appointment.... hope all goes well....
Blessings Everyone,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #178  
Radiate self!

Wanders in and flops on the chick's couch Hey, how is everyone doing? I have one point for this week which is more than I managed last week I have been doing daily affirmations "I am strong, capable and a wonderful person" "I am worthy of Antonio Banderas" you know what ever makes me smile and feel good

Gee Shad sounds like you have tension. Try one of the stretches from my "weights for dummies" ... reach your arms back behind you and rotate them from the shoulder, twist them so your palms go from facing the floor to the roof and back again. Feels so fabulous and is a stretch direction sometimes neglected, especially when doing weights Makes my shoulders go click, click.

Linus-how sad about Conner's little fur friend. I hope he has a funeral and a little remembrance, four years for a hamster is quite lengthy. You have so much going on with the docs and the dentist. ((((Hugs))))

what's going on in your corner of the world? Sunny here and freezing!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #179  
Suzi in Auz

Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...
Oh tig what a great thought and prayer. i am taking that one into my day today.
It is so true that we can't always control what comes in and out of our lives in a day but we can control our reaction to it. I so need to learn this.
Shad you are right , the weather is stinking hot, although today we are getting wonderful relief. It looks like it's a walk day for me. DS is home sick today. He has a tummy ache. He doesn't often go down with something and I do hope i'm not next.
ousheee on your tooth Shad. I have one too that just lost half a filling. I am dreading going to the dentist as I know it's either an extraction or a crown !
For me the week is dragging. I was very focussed on Mnday, Tuesday and have been eating and exercise wise but it's a long week with DH away. He called this morning and DD answered the phone and said "come back please!" I think that is so nice and I know he would have loved it.
It's good for him to get established in his position.
I better get on with this day.
Hoping everyone is well and thinking of you all
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #180  

Thumbs up

hi chickies
the hospital went brilliant today ,they dont know where the bleeding is coming from ,but its definantly not the baby i now can relax and just enjoy being pregnant the strange thing is im not due until the 22nd of october ,its like someone is giving me back the three weeks of **** ive been through so i can enjoy them does that make any sense ???? so the little one is 7 weeks plus 4 days ,and i saw his heart beat it was so reassuring
craigs exams are finished , ,and conners a lot more happier than he was yesterday {bless }
MEL theres only one luv so i cant send you the spare how is everyone over the pond?? better i hope so that you can remember to relax more {{{{{hugs}}}}}
SHAD conner said to tell you thanks for the message it made him feel better {he knows that you lost shad } he said " she knows how i feel" work sounds hectic hope they dont run you down and you get the programs that you need up and running
TEEL my wonderfull friend you have been so good listening to all my woes and problems the last few weeks you will never know how much you just listening has meant to me and i thank you
ROSE are you going to put us all out of our misery and tell us how on earth you burnt the rug making a turtle tank????? our minds are working over time trying to work it out and my brain doesnt need any interference at the moment im way bad enough by myself
TIG if had i had to use your wee saying id have to insert foot in mouth instead of hand over it good luck in the run {and hopefully no detours}
HOLLY is all quiet on the western front ??? i sure hope so you could do woith some calm from all the storms
MEADOW weve got torrential rain and its bloody freezing hows yours ??? did you get the promised snow ???? and hey have you seen antonios wife your way better than that {sorry im being a ***** but i love don jhonson so hence dont like melanie }
SUZI just think if you were me youd be getting most of your teeth pulled out next week and thats even with always going for my checkups and scales and fillings your teeth are great but your gums suck so out with the teeth did you go to china town ???? was it good ????
right ladies i have to go i need to go to the loo again and im thirsty {filling up for the next trip oooopppsss to much information ,have a good one girls
kirsty