Old 02-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #181  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Sorry for the silence on my end but Jen and Richie have been very ill. They barely got to the doctors and home again...... some kind of flu/virus. Both have fevers over 102. They go down and shoot back up. The dr said he can do nothing and if they think they are dehydrating to go to the Em. room in the nearest town. Both are drinking fluids like mad to avoid it..... so between them and Clara and doing everyone's shopping and then the sheet washing!!!! With the fevers are the sweats!!! MY God!! EWvery sheet they owned!.........I have been too tired to get on. Bookkeepers here all week too so my hours for another "extra check" are racking up! I am fine and nothing new for me. Hope you are all well and happy. Will check in over the weekend when everything should be much calmer! Take care friends and see you soon!

Linus~ I need another Royal pardon! hold on.......Thank god it's not the baby!!! If you get any news please e-mail me. I just noticed ypour post above this reply box. ((((((HUGS)))))) friend and please take good care of yourself. Keep me posted.

OK I am going to hit the shower and lie down for awhile.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:01 AM   #182  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Phewwww Mel, talk about being the boss. I'm beginning to think you ought not to retire, but you ought to run the joint. We won't have to give you a royal pardon this week. You should have done enough to rack off a pound or two. Maybe we should think about a New Years honours list for the chicks. Now our Canadian chicks should know all about this, the Brits invented it and the Aus and Kiwi contingent has lived with it forever. But our American buddies haven't. So Mel the racing wheelie Mother - bless em all - your ONZ is below. Arise Dame Melody. Oh but by the way. The Order comprises The Queen as SOVEREIGN and ORDINARY, ADDITIONAL and HONORARY members. The ordinary membership (that's Dame Melly) is limited to twenty persons [20] living at any time.

Had an email from Happy this morning. She is fine, busy as all heck and is in her new house. Only has about 100 boxes left to unpack and is running out of space as to where to put it all.
DH is going around the twist - maybe we should give him a gong as well. The packers took the computer/ office equipment to pieces and have packed the bits in one place and all the screws in another. The screws have yet to come to light. DH can't work and is not a happy camper.

To quote from Happy's post "We are having a bunch of problems here -- customer service is not big in Tennessee. Had problems with the new furniture, we live in a dead spot with the cell phone tho they tell us the signal is good and strong - NOT, and most importantly our cable internet service is sporatic, mostly dead and Kaput over the last few days. DH is in a tizzy as this has obviously impacted both him and his ability to work. They promise it will be fixed shortly. "

Whats the betting odds on Happy and DH not shifting again in a hurry??

My boys, bless them, are shifting into high gear. They are into the printing, collating and fixing data for Monday's kick off. They're racing around all over the place all falling over themselves to tick off the to-do list I have pinned up on the board. Somethings have been done twice! We're not doing any more practice now. Somethings are better off not being overdone. They will do okay. I think we are nearly as ready as we can be.

Even the weather is co-operating today and is quite cool. That helps the tempers and *****iness. So it's not been a bad day all round. Busy but!

Linus, I really am pleased to hear that all is going okay. We will be looking forward to 22nd October so we can become Aunts or Uncles. I'm glad Connor is feeling a bit brighter. It's hard to lose our furry friends.

Meadow, nice to see you wander in and sit on the couch. A glass of Spanish red coming right up.

Yep Suz, the weather is being kind today. Did you get to the Chinese New Year?

Best go and get some sleep. Need all I can get in the next few weeks. The fun is yet to come, although I think we will get through it okay now. They could be famous last words.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #183  

Move over everyone its my turn on the couch!!
It is such a horrible day here today, all drizzly and rainy and grey and so dark you need a light on in the morning!
How's everyone's week progressing? Shad, thank you for sharing Happy's e-mail. I was thinking the other day it was a long time since we had heard. Though it must be something with the computer not up and running yet.All those problems! They must both be feeling like they are absolutely in the wrong spot. HAPPY when you get to read this, [[[[[HUGS]]]]] to you both and prayers that all will be sorted very soon. Not a good way to start a new life.
LINUS it is SO good to hear that all is well with baby and that you have a definate date for it's arrival. An Autumn babe, eh? Just don't get calling it anything Autumnal like HEATHER or....can't think of anything else!!! Sorry to hear of the hampsters demise. Poor Connor. I wonder whether he will eventually want another one, despite what he says now, he can always change his mind!
MEL you are having a stressfull time over the pond at the moment. Poor ill people with nasty temperatures. There sure is a nasty virus going around this winter. Be sure and stay well and don't catch any horrible lurking bugs especially whilst nursing others struck down by the lurg.
I went to my Diabetic hospital check-up yesterday. Some good news, some not..(now, why doesn't that surprise me!!) the Diabetes is going ok, got a very good blood result, but my liver is showing signs of stress for some reason or other so I have to keep an eye on it! Honestly its either one thing or the other!!
The car is not with me today. It has gone to my local garage for it's MOT test. It always fails. Every year since its first test it has failed on its exhaust emissions. Don't know why. Obviously a fault in the manufacturing somewhere along the line... Its always an expensive season with the car. First the breakdown cover gets renewed on Jan. 1st (£97.50) then the MOT Test (? price) then in the middle of February the insurance has to be renewed (£222 approx.) On top of this of course is the new battery I had to but last week (£60). Doesn't help when I am desperately trying to save up for my holiday up North!!!!
Suzi in Auz I hope DS feels better from his tummy-ache soon. Don't catch any bugs!
TIG I liked the prayer you posted earlier! I think if we all said that prayer before we spoke there would be far more peace in the world!!
MEADOW hello to you. I hope your week is going according to plan.
Where is everyone else who has previously posted? C.L., Gigi...is our unfailing madness too much for some???
Ok thats enough from me for this day unless really exciting news comes along that I need to share with you all. Oh I meant to say...have you heard? The Prince of Wales is to marry Mrs. Camilla Parker-Bowles at last. On April 8th. At Windsor Castle. Well there you have it. Breaking news. You heard it here first!!!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #184  

Default I am Such A Geek!

LOL!

Last night was a blast. I dont know if I have ever gone in to the city without having to "do" something. I hate to waste the trip so it is usually busy. I did stop at the Asian Grocer and dropped off dinners for Grandma. Otherwise it was all about me.

Kalan ROCKED!!!!!
What a sweety. I feel kind of maternal about him.LOL! I voted for him for 2 hours every Tues night during the show. He is a mega talented young man.
He is also really cute too. As noticed by an abundance of screaming 12 year olds.
I really think the Mom contingent would have gotten more out of it musically.
The show open with purple backlit fog.Kalan sauntered on with fiddle and bow in hand. He kicked out a rockin solo.
The whole first set was origional tunes(some written by him). There were some good rock reminiscent of Deep Purple, Zeppelin, White Snake, Uriah Heep, a couple of beeeeeauuuuutiful melodic acoustic ballads and some a cappella 3 part harmony.
They covered songs by Neil Young, Bowie and Peter Gabriel.
The encore was a kick *** medley starting with The House of the Rising Sun and included The Devil Came to GA, some Doobies and Born to be Wild.
The band was fantastic. Very talented and tight musicians.
All in all very enjoyable.
It reminded me soooo much of my early days hanging out with basement bands and then travelling the bar and band scene. My sis and I danced our asses off, woooohoooo. The 12 year old girls looked at us like we were nuts. At least we knew the lyrics!! ha
We giggled over how Kalan looks a LOT like my highschool honey. It was uncanny and kinda weird. Total flashback.
I got home at midnight and watched TV a bit. I did have a snack but I ate dinner at 5 I was hungry.
Fun, fun, fun!!!!!
Today is back to normal.
I have one of my babies coming back fulltime on Monday. His Mom is back in school for 20 weeks. I missed this little guy. More $$ too.

ROCK ON chicks, have a groovy day!!! LOL!

http://vikrecordings.com/kalanporter -winner of Canadion Idol 2004

I need another and I will be back to chat!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #185  

hi chickies , how are we all this evening ?? good i hope me and mine are good ,thats them finished school for the next 12 days then its all back to normal for craig until his proper exams start in may ive had all my hair cut off its now short and layered and spiky , the only problem is you can now see all the grey hairs so tomorrow it will be short and layered and spiky and dyed right ladies sorry for the short post but im knacked so im off everybody have a good one and ill talk to you all tomorrow
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #186  
Radiate self!

I had oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dinner with crystal lite to drink. Still at one point for the week. Feeling a bit blah, need to get some multi-vitamins with power boosters

The baby is making Linus chop things off! I thought my hormones were leading me astray!! and I was only just menstruating

Holly has gone all teenybopper. I am the same way about Rob Thomas :wink:

Shad is laughing because she finally has the guys doing her bidding, some twice which is amazing. You really know how to motivate... what colours are your leathers again :Slurps her Spanish red and smacks lips:

Mel is running low on fuel, again You are such a beautiful spirit in your world, I hope you get more smiles than frowns tomorrow and that everyone starts drinking their orange juice and quits needing you to tend them

Hey Teel, if Prince Charles marries Camilla, does that mean William will be the next King? or are the royals going to shuffle some papers and make a new rule? Should be interesting. You take whatever you need to for your liver, that is an important organ, look after yourself. Great about your diabetes being regular, you are doing well there

Fabulous that Happy is finally in the new place and away from those noisy folks upstairs. Teething pains in the new abode sound daunting. Hope she finds a way through and gets the computer screwed back together

The snow came and the rain washed it away before it was here an hour. The kudos of being on the wet coast It was sunny and chilly here today, frost on the grass and a nip in the air. to all the readers
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #187  

Meadow~ Sending you a blast of energy. Try for a carrot with your cookie next time. LOL! Pop singers are such a good part of our world. *giggle* AND AB and Brad Pitt. *more giggles*
I am SUCH a girl.
Linus~ the new DO sounds wonderful. Grey hair is meant to covered!! I have a ton too.
Any funky highlights with this new spiky look? Hope you had a restful sleep.

Howdy to everyone !!!!

I am taking 3 toddlers to the Early Years Play Group. This is my journal.

I made 50 rice balls wrapped in seaweed last night. Yup.
It is Japan Day in grade 1.
It has been sooo exciting. DS's teacher is such a gift. Their social studies segmnet has been on Japan. The have learned 4 songs, counting, 10 words, they have dressed up, have cerimonies....they are singing the Japan national Anthem over the PA this morning.
It just so happens my DH has a friend of 15 years from Tokyo. They lived together in both places and I have a friend who married a Japanese fellow and they have lived both places. We have tons of Japanese stuff. I took it all in and decorated the gym last night. it is gorgeous. The class today have invited one guest each for a sit down lunch. Each family has provided a traditoinal dish, the kids will sing and perform a 20 min play about Japan. My Aunt is going as the guest.( the one who gives my grief, LOL, it will mean A LOT to her and DS).
My kids here go home at 12:30, but 1. So I am taking the wee monkey and going to try and watch the play.
See, life IS good.
I was super tired yesterday but happy. I ate horrifically. Worse than I have in 8 months. It was enjoyable. Today is new day!!
DH and I had a mushy, fun evening. We are sooo mature and wondeful, LOL! He is a grudge holder. I am beyond thrilled that he has let the tiff on Saturday go. First time ever!!!!!!!
DD has a Valentine Party this aft at school.
We have a Family Games Night at the church tonight. I am taking a veggie tray.
On Sun, we are making Love Bags with the kids to give to the seniors and shut ins in our congregation. I am baking chocolate muffins.
Monday is teacher appreciation day at school. I am making a Chocolate Elair cake for their luncheon. I will make an extra one for my troop for Valenitnes Day.
Weeeheeeee!

Life is wonderful!!

I have been doing several rounds of the Sun Salutation every day. It has been great. Food WILL be OP today!!

Have a peachy day!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #188  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default A Day Off from Work!

50 minutes of beach time: 20 minutes running into the wind on soft sand with the waves getting me a couple of times <INSERT Short Runner here> (oh yes, did I mention the blizzard? ) and 30 minutes of walking back. Dearest Hubster (I think I'll rename him Slim) ran for 30 minutes and walked 20. It works for him to run ahead of me and for both of us to turn around after about 20 minutes so that we end up walking the last 20 minutes back together. Then for fun we went to Starbucks for overpriced coffee (and begging for cups of water) and People-Watching.

The plan for the rest of the day is Garage Cleaning. Put Away, Give Away, Throw Away, with the Put Away pile being the smallest.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #189  
Happy September

Holly~ Please make and send me a Love Bag....I could use it this week! Hope the Japanese day with DS goes well....good luck. Glad the city trip went well and you enjoyed yourself!! Loved the Lenten post too!

Linus~ I got more grey hairs worrying about YOU! Maybe we should both get dye jobs!!! I am glad to say the very least that your news was good and where did the extra weeks come from???? God's gift??? I am so sorry for Connor and please send my sympathy for the loss of his furry friend. I am always sad when we lose a pet no matter how small. Glad the DH is coming around and and hope your morning sickness doean't last too long! ((((HUGS))))) Loved the cartoon of the scale!!! Sent it to friends for a good laugh in their day too! LOL

Tig~ Good luck tomorrow and I was wondering if that is what your DH thinks? THAT HE HAS A TIGER BY THE TAIL! I like your signature too! I will strive to be less than average also!! ROFLMAO I too NEED your computer sign and will make one of my own. I might even put in on the back of my chair!!!

Shad~ I was wondering if YOU will get stressed out trying to de-stress ME! I am fully ARISEN AND AM WEARING MY ONZ THIS MORNING!! S'Mellie the Great is on a roll since 6:30 AM!!!
Thanks for all the good thoiughts Big Sis! They always seem to work! Good for you and showing the gent the door! Had a good over that post!!! Hope you got the filling appointment?? I will make mine on Tuesday! Thanks for the reminder!

Suzi~ I am sending many positive thoughts your way and I don't know if it will help but the following 2 websites keep me in check:
www.dailyom.com
www.dailymotivator.com
The first just has calming things to read and feels good and the secon is where we all get Ralph Marston from. I subscribed to him so it gets sent to my mailbox and I cannot forget him! Thanks for the good thoughts and I am sending many more to you!

Teel~ So sorry to see the amount of $$$$ cars cost. Having none, I forget that tiny minoer problem of owning a car! Good luck with the test. Thanks for the Prince of Wales breaking news. Haven't had time to see TV! I hope the liver gets better results on the next test!?!? When do you go back? do they have any ideas why this is happening? Meds?? (((((((HUGS)))))) to you my English friend! I will think of you this week.

Nae~ Mywhole life is out of control! Had a chuckle at your post! LOL good for you with the eating and drinking. I must try to be more like you this coming week! LOL I too need regular exercise.....how about you and Teeka going for walks?? Don't know if it's a good idea with your kind of weather but if you found something you could do together then you'd have company

Meadow~ If I find some energy I will send you half! Your one point is one more than I have! Hope we both do better this week! How goes the new home?! Is it wheelchair accessible?!?!

Well Chicks here is the news. Jen and Richie are very much better. He is at the Drs trying to get permission to go back to work. Both have no color to their skin yet....or at least not a healthy one. I have a lovely new "LOANED" wheelchair while mine awaits a brand new "bottom" which means motor etc. So I am a happy camper....at least till the next breakdown. they have my oldest now and are really trying to help me keep it but it may be a lost cause. Taking the meds for the face and still have those 4 pounds on. The breaking point for the "office" may well be here. I authorized a $1250 cleanup of a vacated apartment.....the gent is in the hospital with hepatitis and needs a liver. Couldn't find someone cheaper for the hazardous waste that he left behind. So we'll see what happens next week. i am hoping they either fire me or yell and scream so I can quit...just might be easier than trying to retire! There are days I would be bored but I'm starting to like being bored. shad is still teaching me how do unwind!!! Afraid there is more Yank in me than she thought! little did she know what a stubborn cuss I was too!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. The accountants are here, the office is closed so it's just me and them and they need no help thank God. 2 more self sufficient men! Another oxymoron!!!
Sat and Sun are all just for me! :flow:
Take care Friends around the world and thanks ever so much for all the good thoughts. They really do work!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #190  

hi chickies ,
good evening to you all hope everyone is fine ,before i start rambling {and i forget} could everyone let me know the challenge results for saturday and what everyone is doing for next week and i will try and get them to you on time this week craig got his hair highlighted today {2.5 hours in the hairdresser} and he really suits it but has now decieded that hes not too keen on it so i told him it will have to grow on him he didnt like that answer but hey he wanted blonde !!!!!!! .
the kids are now on half term break and the first morning they are off im up at 8am to go to the hairdressers been very busy today well not busy just occupied cleo has finally stopped bleeding so everythings been in the washing machine i think if the washer had legs it would have left by now ,and the poor plant thats been sat in my kitchen waiting to be re-potted has finally got a new pot and the wandering sailor has had its haircut and the rest have been watered and fed and dusted so another thing off the todo list .
talked to sheila tonight ,shes a wee bit fed up {thats an under statement }but ill leave her to tell you herself about her new problems when shes ready but if shes not in dont worry ill let you all know how she is .
right ladies im going as im about to dye my hair and im having to do a partial on the fish tank as one of my angel fish has died so ill pop back later
kirsty
Old 02-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #191  

I think that should be Dame S'Mellie. If you are going to be one of the 20 ordinary living folk with the order - you just gotta use the title luv.

Meadow from what I read about the royal rules, Camilla will not get to be queen. If and it's a big if, Charles takes the throne she will become Princess Consort. I say if because Lizzie will no doubt go on and on and on and on just like her mother did and Victoria did. The men in recent times have only lasted on the throne for a few years each. Basically the only excitement that the news has caused around here is to wonder about the size of the diamond, the cost of the ring, and reopen the republican debate. Geez they only have to look at the dictatorial aspects emerging from the current government to realise what might happen if we heaven forbid got ourselves a President as well as a Prime Minister. Little enough gets done now. Oh brother, lets not get me started.

Holly so glad to hear that all is well in your neck of the woods. It's so much nicer in a family household if all is in tune. Doesn't happen that often these days. Certainly it makes a difference for the kids.

Tig sounds so nice to hear of you going running with 'Slim'. I knew a couple back in NZ who did the same sort of thing - only they ran down through a gorge (canyon) beside a river for the required length of time. She turned back earlier than him and they walked home hand in hand together at the end. Then she beat him in a 5k run one day.

One of my boys has a dose of nerves. He wanted to go down to the training room yesterday and we ended up there just about all day. He'll never make a trainer, but he will get through it. Funnily enough this is the one who the larrikin of the group.

Anyway, I better get on with the day or I won't get to Body Balance class today. I'll catch up again soon.

Last edited by Shad; 02-11-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #192  
Happy September

Linus~ first the hampster and now the angel fish?!?!?What's going on! Tooi many funerals and it's starting to sound like my building! I know...bad joke! Get us a pic of the blond hair!!! Would love to see it!
For the challenge....let me think a minute.....hmmmmm
1-Water every day
2-On-Plan food
this weeks points were ZERO!

Shad~I'm a dame alright. But exactly what kind is questionable. I would like to think a respectable one!

First the accountants, then the heater guys and the Parcel Post men!! I am surrounded by men and none of them wanted lil ole me.... sniff, sniff Back to cooking and kitchen KP duty. See ya later. Sending (((((((((TEEL))))))))) some hugs and good thoughts.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #193  

Must have been posting all at once and little bro snuck in somewhere in the middle.
Sorry to hear of the fish linus.

*snort* there ain't nothin' like a Dame (S'mellie.)
Old 02-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #194  
Happy September

"We've got sunlight on the sand. We've got moonlight on the sea. We've got mangos and bananas we can pick right off the trees. We've got volleyball and ping-pong and a lot of dandy games. What ain't we got? We ain't got dames! We get packages from home. We get movies. We get shows. We get speeches from our skipper and advice from Tokyo Rose. We get letters doused with perfume. We get dizzy from the smell. What ain't we got? You know damn well. We've got nothing to put on a clean white suit for. What we need is what there ain't no subsitute for. There is nothing like a dame. Nothing in the world. There is nothing you can name that is anything like a dame. We feel restless. We feel blue. We feel hungry and in brief. We feel every kind of feeling but the feeling of relief. We feel hungry as the wolf felt when he met Red Riding Hood. What don't we feel? We don't feel good. Lots of things in life are beautiful but, brother, there is one particular thing that is in no way, shape, or form like any other. There is nothing like a dame. Nothing in the world. There is nothing you can name that is anything like a dame. There are no drinks like a dame.and nothing thinks like a dame. there are no books like a dame. And nothing looks like a dame. And nothing acts like a dame. Or attracts like a dame. There ain't a thing that's wrong with any man here that can't be cured by putting him near A girly female womanly feminine dame."
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #195  

you two are a scream im sitting here with large amounts of hair dye on my head so thought id come in for a read
kirsty