Old 08-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #31  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning:
Tiredoffat, I am on an inhaler and Rhinocort, and Zertec. Going out today to get cotton bedspread and cotton sheets to make curtain. Lots of changes. I love redoing my house, so this should be fun. Gives me an excuse to buy some new things. The paper the doctor gave me said to have someone else do the dusting. Dh didn't like that idea. He says read on "or patient must wear a mask" Since when does he read more than I tell him to?? I have eaten this morning already. But, it is only 9:15 so will contuine to be good the rest of the day. Tips in that book were ones we know, and one this guy walked his dog several times a day. It worked out to be 90 min. brisk walk and burned 450-855 calories a day. Streach: instead of a bedtime snack. If you strech avoid snacks 3 nights a week, that's 7 pound. One last one is switch to baked chips could save you 10,920 calories over the year. Enjoy chips every day? switch and you save 76,650 calories a year. As I run across more tips I will send them your way.
Well, everyone have a good day. I will be back later tonight.
Chipper
s/w:258.5 cw:257 gw:145
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:18 PM   #32  

Good day so far
breakfast - smoothie - plain yogurt, frozen strawberries, small banana (300)
lunch - big salad lots of veggies, a bit of chicken, egg, cheese (500)
snack - small plum (40)
great plan for dinner - sword fish, steamed zuchinni/summer squash, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes (I'll have to check the cals and portions in my book, but I know it will fit in - I'm dying for a good meal so I stopped at the farm stand)
foods not eaten - ice cream, ice cream, ice cream - I passed it up three times and I passed up a hamburger, fries and bread.

Exercise - I hope to fit something in today, but I may not. I have a lot of responsibility at home today.

Good luck all.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #33  

Weekends are tough. Wild weather in these parts too. I passed up a lot of fat food this weekend including ice cream, fries, bread, croutons
I ate
breakfast - apple/coffee (135)
lunch - ceasar salad (lettuce, some parm., grilled chicken), half cheeseburger (no bread), two plums (700)
snack - smoothie - plain yogurt (1 cup), frozen pineapple, frozen banana, frozen strawberries (300), pb/crackers (210)
total so far - 1345

exercise - nothing so far -

I hope everyone is doing well and meeting their daily goal. I passed up the ice cream today and had no regrets - these foods do not give us the pleasure that being a healthy weight will bring.

sw210/cw203/gw150
Old 08-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #34  

Default First time visitor

Hi, all -- just visiting for the first time and this is exactly what I was looking for: a daily check-in! Mornings tend to be easy for me but, as the day goes on, my eating goes long, you know? So I will wait until tonight to post an update for today. Yesterday I passed up a big burger and fries for a salad with chicken and salad dressing on the side. Now, just to get rid of the handful of M&Ms that evening with the movie... today!

sw212/cw212/gw147
SLM56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #35  
someday 145

Afternoon all:
Well, this weekend has been a big bust. but, that is ok. Got allot done this weekend. Coloring my hair right now. So, making this a fast post. Let's see what has happened. Well, bedroom all done now and mite protected. I am opening a website for a variety store. My son has been working hard on that for me. Hope it will be up and running within the week. Will let you know, so you can visit. I am taking back my granddaughters to babysit. Mom and dad are having a hard time making ends meet. Daycare is so high. I had had them for a long time. It just got to hard on me. But, now the 1 year old is off bottles, eats reg. food and the 3 year old is finally potty trained. That was a chore. She will also be in K4 next year, so maybe this time around it won't be so bad. It would give me a few extra dollars in my pockett also. Eating wise. I feel ok with my choices this weekend. I have stopped when I was full, which is a first for me. Tomorrow is my first weigh in since I started watching what I ate. This coming week, my goals are: to still eat a better breakfast and drink more water, and better choice of snacks. I don't feel I earned that top this week, so adding to next weeks goal prize. Well, otta here for now. Will, check in tomorrow. Everyone keep up the good work. Welcom SLM. Morning are better for me too. As the day goes on I get bored and find eating passes time. Little steps at a time. Are you following any plan? Hope to see a post from you tomorrow. Bye for now.
Chipper
Old 08-22-2004, 04:59 PM   #36  

Hi Chipper. Welcome SLM. It's great to have so many people checking in. It really helps me. I hope it helps everyone else too.

Chipper - that's a big responsibility taking care of the two little ones. I know how high the price of day care is and you are giving your daughter a great gift. Maybe you can get some breaks by visiting playgrounds and local libraries for story hour. My four year old is in day care full time. It's a good place.

Now for the diet - I've been finding it very hard this weekend, lots of temptations but so far I've resisted. I'm going to make a list of all the reasons why I want to lose weight including my 25th college reunion, fitting into clothes, health . . . so I can look at it whenever I'm tempted to go off.

breakfast - shredded wheat, blueberries, raspberries, coffee (330)
lunch - nice salad with veggies, feta cheese, plum (300). Instead of dressing I just used a little balsamic vinegar (15 cals) and with the feta it gave the salad a nice taste.

Exercise - 30 min. ex. machine/10 min. swim (good workout - really helps me to feel better)

Now for dinner - that's hard I'm going to look around and see what I can prepare for low cal, health and lots of taste.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:51 PM   #37  

Me again. Healthy food pig-out for dinner. I've got to find a new hobby to fill all this time that I used to eat and now I'm just wanting to eat.

dinner: almonds (175), cheddar cheese-tomato melt on english muffin (300), cottage cheese and berries (300), apple 135 - grand total 905
day's total 1550 (not bad). I'm done for the day - now for the laundry!
Old 08-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #38  

Thanks, tiredoffat, for the welcome! It's been a good day -- spent a while cutting up fruits and veggies this morning. Ate no chocolate so far today. Got the munchies a few minutes ago and chose 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt instead of a candy bar
I made Mexican Lasagna for lunch - an old Weight Watchers recipe that shows exchanges. Does anyone know how to calculate calories from exchanges? I used to know how but have forgotten... Thanks! Hope your day is going well!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 AM   #39  

I checked in for a bit of inspiration from all the threads. I really feel like this site is my lifesaver in a sea of fat food commercials, temptations and the put downs overweight people experience. Just checking in, instead of grabbing lots of cals really works.

Today's plan
exercise - lots of heavy cleaning (company coming), hopefully a swim, bike or ex machine tonight

food
brunch: tuna sandwich/fruit
dinner: haddock, green beans, salad
all the boys are home so I'm sure it will be a busy day.

Hope everyone has a good day. We are headed to a very good place - let's stay the course!!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:48 AM   #40  
someday 145

Good Morning:
Yes, a place to get away from it all is this site. I didn't lose anything last week. I guess I ate too much. But, I am ok with my decisions. So, fresh start and being more careful of my choosings. Weekends we eat out so much. I too have lots of cleaning to do today. DH will be home early (9am) that always makes for a long Monday when I want to get things back to normal from the weekend. Will be doing Curves today. So, far so good on breakfast. I have my water in the freezer now getting nice and cold to last the day. I have a very small water cooler type container I can sit on the counter. Got it at Walmart for 6 bucks. Works real good. Well, hope everyone has a nice day. Time to get some work done, then take a break from the dust and try to breathe again. Check back later.
Chipper
sw 258.5/cw 258.5/gw 145
Old 08-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #41  

Well, like others I am reading, this weekend was a total bust. We set out to go camping on Friday right after work. We stopped at McDonald's and I had some chicken selects (probably about 6), no sauce,no fries, no soda. We made it to the campground just in time for the downpours. Up most of the night with the kids & dog & the thunder & lightening. Finally got up at 6:30am & packed up & headed home. Had coffee with skim milk & equal, and (are you ready for this one?) munchkins. Lots of them. I was starving!!! Lunch was veggies with dressing (my version of a salad cuz I really do not like lettuce). Dinner I made spaghetti sauce with meatballs & sausage, yummy!! Not on the south beach diet though. I also made peanut butter, choco chip bars (yummy).
Sunday morning was french toast (3 peices) with sausage, lunch was a bologna sandwich, and dinner was fish & chips, but I spent the whole day walking the zoo, so I feel a little better about it. But it all tasted soooo good.

Today is a new day & a new start.
Breakfast: 2 eggs & 2 peices lean turkey bacon, coffee with equal & half & half (only a teaspoon,I measured)
Snack: cucumber, and beef jerky
Lunch: boiled chicken breast & broccoli, low carb yogurt
snack: celery & laughing cow cheese
Dinner: ????? maybe I will skip it just to make up for all the extra calories i ate over the weekend. Or some left over sausage & meatballs.
hblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #42  

Hi hblank, weekends are so hard especially when it rains on a camping trip! Plus good times are so associated with all kinds of food treats. I'm going away this weekend and I know it is going to be hard.

Once again I'm logging on at 4pm - my hardest part of the day. We've had a good day. I've resisted most of the snacks that my kids have been eating all day. They never stop so they burn off all the calories. I also had company and offered them some goodies. One thing that's helping is I bought a big supply of seltzers which I drink every time I want to eat, and I have a bowl full of fruit on my table which I can snack on.

breakfast (I was going to skip - not a good idea anyway, but I was too hungry ) 2 eggs on English muffin blueberries (340)
lunch tuna sandwish on whole wheat bun with lettuce/tomatoe - about 500
snack - granola bar 120 (I was surprised that there weren't that many calories in this but it's satisfaction factor doesn't go very far - seems to make me more hungry)

today's total so far 960

hblank I know you can do it.
sw210/cw202/gw 150
Old 08-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #43  

Hi, all -- My sister has decided to join us in this quest for health so my day has been good Did Pilates this morning for the first time in months -- the Teaser is back to being impossible but should be do-able again soon once I'm back to regular sessions. Yesterday went well -- no chocolate all day and evening -- but today I had a little fudge and a small chocolate chip cookie as they were on the table at work :| guess I'll have to workout a bit tonight to make up for it. I really feel this time is the one that will stick - thanks to this site and all of you. Thanks - have a great Monday!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:04 PM   #44  

Chipper, I'd like to hear about Curves. I've heard that it's great exercise. I hope you have a good day.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #45  
soon to be on the outside

I can do great while I am at work But as soon as I am home and get stressed with all of the things that need done then out comes the peanut butter and graham crackers or bagels(4-5) or anything else that I can get my hands on. We went camping this weekend and the chips and hot dogs were my friends since it rained. They are on WW but in moderation and not all weekend. I have been at curves since the end of may and it is great 30 min and you are done I can manage that now.
So far i have learned from this site that i am not alone and everyone has a bad day I just need to brush off and get back on the horse.

Thanks
skinny inside is offline   Reply With Quote