Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 PM   #91  
Student of the Hoof

Hey ladies ...

Lots to read this morning! I'd been trying to pop in over the weekend and keep up, but I was under the gun time-wise from Friday night on. I'm still pushing it and will be all this week, I think.

Happy - I can kind of relate to how you're feeling about your Mom. That was one of the big reasons I didn't move out of Alaska till after my mom passed away, actually. I loved spending time with her, and I didn't want to be too far away. Now I'm so far away, and I wish I could spend more time with my dad. I think it's awesome you still have your mom, and that you two enjoy each other's company. I'm glad you had such a good weekend! And it sounds like you're getting yourself right back on track, and maybe even more on track than you were. I know the summertime heat is one of my big motivators - I can just imagine how your vacation would be a push for you!

Chachee - *big hug* Chickie .. it sounds like you and I have some things in common. My dad was an alcoholic and would get into huge fights with my mother. He was never physically abusive, but verbally he was terrible to my mom and us kids. The thing was, up till I was about 8 or 9, he wasn't like that at all. Then we moved into "the city" and his drinking got worse, and my daddy turned into this violent tempered, angry, hostile person. He was like that pretty much up till he retired, and I remember going through my teen years being told how fat and ugly and worthless I was. I suppose that's one of the reasons I am pushing so hard to have my ex in my kids' lives. He's a good dad to them, he loves them and tries to support them, and I don't want them to think anything otherwise. Even if I have to babysit him every step of the way on this move down here. I know they need a loving father in their lives. My dad changed a lot when mom passed away. He still drank.. he never stopped that. A lot of it was because of pain. But his attitudes towards us kids changed so much. He started treating us like people, and telling us he loved us, and how proud he was of us. *sigh* He was really just starting to be the dad I always wanted when he had this horrible accident. I feel very cheated sometimes. Of course, some things never change... one of his comments when he saw me up there this time was "You're Marian? Well.. by god, you grew up really pretty! you used to be such a fat ugly little thing..." I kid you not. I just laughed it off, because what else could I do? I can't tell you how much it means to me that you're calling me "your friend" and willing to share painful memories here with us, with me. It's cathartic to know I'm not alone, to be able to put this stuff out and know that there are people who have been through it, who understand, who care. I remember times in my life where my weight was so embarrassing to me, too. I hit a high of 245 right after I had my son.. I was in my 260s when I was full term with him. It was kind of humiliating to go to the OB, it was so embarassing to have to go through surgery at that weight. I didn't even fit on their stupid little table right, and my ex told me some of the things the operating room staff said after I was back in my room with my new baby, and I remember crying thinking to myself what a cow I'd become. I don't understand why I waited so long to do something about it, that's what amazes me. I think the thing we have to hold on to now is that we ARE doing something about it. Not just the weight, but about the headspace, too. We have a right to hold our heads up, to be proud of ourselves, to walk tall and smile. Ok, well, I'll walk short, but I'll still smile! I'm rambling too.. I just think it's awesome how well you're doing, and how hard you're trying.

Kathy - Actually my current challenge to myself is to be able to run 2 miles in 25 minutes. It's going to take me a while to get there, but slowly but surely I'm improving my speed. Some days are better than others... but I'm seeing steady progress as long as I don't push it too hard. It sounds like your shop is having many of the same kinds of issues that ours is. Except over here it's not really the fab plant manager who is in error, it's our engineering department that keeps falling down on the job. We have one job here right now that has already gone WAY over budget, between labor overruns and penalties... it's ugly. With good luck and no more disasters, it should be done and gone in about three weeks. Till then I have to put up with people from engineering and corporate plus from contracting companies and the client's office crawling all over the plant. *shudder* It's making me crazy. I hope you all can get your manager trained in right! Mornings used to be really hard for me, and still can be if I let them. Working out in the morning has really helped a lot. Lately I've been trying to get into work early, so the exercise has been taking a bit of a hit. And before anyone says "just get up earlier" I'm already doing the wake up at 4:30 thing.. any earlier and I might as well just not go to bed. This crap at the plant will end soon and I'll be back on my regular schedule, in the mean time I'll just catch my workouts as I can. Tonight is my riding lesson, so that will wear me out!

Hippy - The ex is supposed to be moving down in the next couple months. Things are pretty flexible at this point, we'll see how it goes. So far he's still keeping on track! I really hope this program helps you kick the smoking. My ex smokes - he's quit so many times I've lost count, so I really understand how hard it must be. This time he's gone a month without one, I really hope he keeps it going! I worry that my daughter will pick up smoking if she's around it and has access to the evil things. I hope today is going well for you!

After being interrupted about 17 times trying to get this posted... good lord. I'm alright. I blew it this weekend bad on food and water - I didn't have much of either. I was well under 1000 calories each day, and my water intake totally stunk. I'm so dehydrated, and drinking water today on schedule. When I get really busy like this, I stop eating. It's a horrible habit. But rather than grab garbage food, I just won't eat. I'm going to run out to the store soon and grab a healthy lunch plus whatever I need for dinner tonight. Chicken quesadillas!

Ok .. I'll post more later I guess when I have time.. right now I'm just slammed in from every direction and I so need to get some work done. Have a great Monday everyone!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #92  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

Hippy: Sounds like we both have similar goals. I know it takes time, but we are making progress towards that end goal. Did you get all your laundry and housework done? I did, even with being sick. I have a friend come in from Oregon and I wanted to get all that done before she gets here on Wednesday. Good luck on the smoking!!!

Lucky: Dreaming about a Gazelle? Did you at least enjoy it?? Sounds like your work is a bit stressful right now. I hope it calms down for you and he takes responsibility for his actions! And I do have a green scarf all done. Just need that address........

Happy: Sounds like you had a nice visit with your mom. We sometimes forget how important it is to spend time with our family. Being far away from mine makes me sad at times, but I also appreciate the time Iget to spend with them a lot more now. Good luck with the smoking.

Raven: Isn't it funny how a thing like drinking an affect lives? My dad is sad at how many years he wasted by being wasted! He's an awesome dad and has been since he quit cold turkey when I was in middle school. It certainly made me realize I never wanted to be an alcoholic! I can find better ways to eat up calories! I'm glad that the kids's dad is moving back your way. I think it will be so good for them. And I agree, one little step at a time to correct all the bad things in our heads and on our bodies!!! I am not going to Oregon in May, so I will be around here if/when you come on up. It just wasn't smart of me to take all that time off with me wanting to have surgery and also with hubby being gone for 8 weeks. If something happens and my son is sick, then I have to be the responsible one and make sure I can take the time without being short on leave hours. Oh well, I am rescheduling it for next February.

Well, back to work. I am still really sick, but came to work anyway. Hey, share the bugs is what I always say!! Anyone have any tips for getting enough water in when you are sick? I can't stand it right now and am living on hot tea and diet sodas.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:52 AM   #93  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Hi! hi....hi......hi!!!! ~waving wildly from across "the big pond"~ iīm still here, ~grinz~ thank you all for the wonderful, warm, welcome and the gentle nudge to post again ~winks playfully towards lucky~ you all are such incentive, i canīt tell you how much i enjoy reading your posts. this is my first stop when i enter 3fc, for a smile and a boost. your encouraging words are one of the bestest parts of my mornings. you and of course coffee....... as i stumble glazed and confused, following that aromatic scent of the life giving brew..that first tentative sip........Nirvanna.......mmmmmmm

i find that when i come here, i can get lost for hours reading. like a sponge, soaking it all in gleening bits and pieces of info that will help me with my journey. ~feels an incredible urge to go ohmmmmmmm, be the sponge, become one with the sponge~ i am sure that has to do with the fact that i am new here. so has much has changed on our views of "dieting". the way we think and feel about it mainly. naturally the bottom line hasnt..eat less, move more. but the stringent no-noīs and the " YOU CAN NEVER HAVE THIS AGAIN......" ~watches horrified as the hammer goes down, shakes off the old smiles at the new~ itīs fabulous! more of a I can approach as opposed to the old You canīt......

Raven had asked what had gotten me to Austria ~smiles warmly towards her~ maybe a brief bio would be goodly here. i met my handsome hunnie, online in a chat venue almost 4 years ago. after a year he flew over to meet me and we have been bebopping back and forth ever since. ~smiling brightly~ the original plan was that he was to move to America. thats what we worked for, that was the goal. even went so as as to teach him the words to my " my baby is american made...born and bred in the usa....." ~laughing~ but as we know the best laid plans and all..... he owns a company here, and the company ended up merging with another. which made it impossible for him to move to me until the two companies stabalized. after sepnding last summer with him we decided we didnt want to be parted for another year or two... so last thanksgiving that bundle of fur and i boarded a plan to Austria. (not as easy as that last sentence sounded, trust me. still feeling reprocussions from this descision. but thats another post entirely ~sheepish grin~ ) so Raven the long and the short of it...... Love took me to Austria. and we are getting married on the 5th of june. ~smiling brightly~ this man is the soothe-sayer to my soul, healer of my heart.

i find myself emerging slowly from my own personal ****, 60 pounds heavier i might add. (which is what got me here to 3fc ~winks n blushes~) i donīt know where i am going now or how to end this...... for my train of thought has jumped track once again. so i better hit "Post quick reply.....and be done. ~scratches her tawney colored haed and thinks......wasnt i suppose to be talking bout my weekend~ anyhoo.... this is why i dont post. i never know what to say. you all seem to know each other so well. and i want you to know me too as i get to know you thru your words. i will try harder to follow your lead as posting goes and quit trying to play catch up with you all ~grinz~ i.e@

Happy - thrilled your visit went so well with your mother. and you know momīs, they have the need to feed ~grinz n winks~ starts at birth........you know your doing you job well if your baby is eating and gaining properly.

Cachee - Austria is more-gous! more then gorgeous ~laughing~

Hippy - sending you all the best vibes, your a stronger woman then i am ~laughing~ on your quiting smoking program!

Raven - thanks for filling me in on the nail issue. i was hoping to be of some help ~smiling softly~ i am so into the little things that make life easier, tips, tricks, and to-doīs. i like to call them the "duhhhhhhh, why didnīt i think of that!" things.

Lucky - bet you will think twice before asking if i am out still out here after reading all if this.......~laughing~

hereīs to wishing you all nothing but the very best and hoping your week will be filled with lil wonders.......

sincerely,

Sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:33 AM   #94  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning ladies!

Sassie welcome back! I was wondering what had happened to you! Well we have something in common. I met my guy online too, nearly 12 years ago now. He lived in GA and I lived in AK. Very long story, but about 9 years ago I ended up moving down here to be with him. I can relate to the "repercussions" from a move like that - though I imagine moving out of the country would have even more! I loved your post. Please feel free to ramble on. I think some of the best thoughts come out of just free association typing. You're so right, and I hadn't thought about it that way, but it is all about what you CAN do now instead of what you can't. I remember when I stumbled onto 3FC a little over a year ago. It was amazing to me, and it seemed too good to be true. But I've met some wonderful chicks here, and I've gotten the support I never thought I'd find. I too can lose myself just reading posts and journals. (Become one with the sponge. ) It's inspirational, and many times I'll find that what I'm typing to someone to help them through a rough spot helps me as well. And yaknow.. I try to keep up with the posts, but I don't do the greatest job on responding to everything. I just love to keep up with all the chicks here and see how everyone is doing. And if all I have time for is to peek in and read, then at least I feel more connected, and I come back in and try to catch up later as I can. Please don't feel like you can't just jump in and type whatever you'd like!

Chachee - I must have missed the part where you were sick? I have been so fuzzy the last week or so - busy and I think a little overtired. Is it respiritory? I've found that even if I hate drinking the water when I'm sick or cold, it really helps to loosen up the phlegm. I can tell immediately anymore if I'm not drinking enough water, especially during pollen season! As far as how to get enough in... try lemon in it? Hm.. I usually just roll my eyes, take a deep breath, and guzzle about 16 ounces at a time. I figure if I can do that at least 4-6 times a day, I'm doing ok. Of course when it gets warmer out, or if I've been running or working out, it's SO much easier to get in the water. It is amazing to me how our addictions in general play havoc with our lives. Smoking, drinking, eating.. and all the rest of the things we abuse in the name of self medicating. And I can sure understand what you mean about worrying about what might happen if you're traveling and your little one... kids change our whole perspective on things. I'm sorry you had to postpone your trip, but I have to admit it sure would be nice to see you again!

The time since last Thursday has pretty much whizzed by in a blur. Work is frantic, summer is coming and the pony rides are starting, Rosa is finding herself under the gun with all the new lessons starting with the warmer weather plus her ongoing drapery business, and of course this "project" of trying to get my ex down here, not to mention the fact that with the warmth I actually want to get out and start riding more, being outside more, enjoying the sun and green. But today, I'm much more relaxed. I took the day off work - probably not the best time to do so because there are bigwigs coming in from out of town, but they rescheduled on SATURDAY and I'd had these plans for over two weeks, so my boss just said call a temp to answer the phones and that will be that. The farrier is coming out to the stables, and the kids have never seen one in action. And since I've never met the guy, I decided this would be a great opportunity for a "field trip" for the kids. We'll help bring in horses from the pasture as needed and walk them back out again, plus I'll get to talk to him about whether I should shoe my pony or not yet. I know he needs feed supplements for his hooves, I just haven't been able to afford to pick them up yet. His feet were in pretty bad shape last year when he came to me, so it's been a long process of growing out the old and trimming - he's a slow grower, so it's going to take a while. Too much horse talk? I'm sorry. ANYway.. lessons were last night, we're all doing pretty good. I managed the posting trot for what seemed like forever last night, so I think my leg muscles have improved dramatically. But I swear that two point will be the death of me. I have such horrid balance. I know that with practice it will improve but... *shudder cringe whine*

The crappy news is this. My brother's gf has decided not to buy into my dad's house. My brother says she's "creeped out," but if you want my personal opinion (even if you don't want it), I think she realized she doesn't HAVE to buy us out. She stays there with my brother, sells her house, and she's living payment free till such a time as my father passes away and the house needs to be liquidated. Neither of my brothers want to sell the house while dad is alive just in case something financial comes up and he needs the money. I can understand that, and even though he has provided very well for himself, one never knows what might come along in the future, and I agree. I would not want to see my father not getting the best care possible because of lack of funds. So.. bottom line though is that I'm SOL on the money issue. Back to where I started from. She gets a free ride, and I keep going. It's aggravating in a way. If I'd stayed in AK, I'd be the one living in that house, I know - I made my choice. *shrug* Dad is doing a little better mentally, he seems to remember people better. Physically, however, there is the inevitable deterioration. His arms are getting too weak to push himself in the wheelchair, so he depends on others to move him around. His legs are in far too much pain to attempt walking anymore. The circulation in one foot is not great, and they're worried about that. I hate seeing this. The slow wasting. It just doesn't seem fair to him. He was always so strong, so resiliant - he was always the person who, no matter what happened, just grit his teeth and got through it. I truly never, ever expected this with my dad. I can't seem to ignore the feelings inside me that it won't be much longer. Then the other part of me jumps in and says "hey! he's tough! he's lived through so much, he could be alive for another 10 years!" My poor daddy. He seems bound and determined to hang on to the bitter end, and yep, that's my dad.

Well wow... that's a great way to reduce myself to tears, isn't it! *bonks self* The GOOD news (drum roll please) is that after stabilizing after my totally screwed up no calorie no water weekend - I'm at 179. I think I can lose another pound in the week till the end of them month, which would bring me to my 40 pounds lost mark. I won't make my stealth goal of 176, but I'll be DARN close!! I know my exercise has been kind of haphazard, but it's happening. If it isn't structured, them I'm doing something physical like running back and forth from pastures or grooming horses or walking ponies and lifting children or whatever. I can't remember if I mentioned already that I decided to just order the VHS tape of Pilates for Dummies, that saved me buying a DVD player since I'm planning on buying a PS2 for Machine for his birthday anyway. I hope it comes soon. I guess I'd better get going.. need to walk the doglets, take a shower, do some laundry and get the kids out of bed so we can be off on our adventure!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 03-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #95  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'Mornin Chickies

So much to catch up on. I spent my computer time allotment last night trying to find new avatars for Mel on the other thread. There's really not much in the way of something decent that involves a wheelchair!

Raven, sorry to hear about the change in plans for your Dad's house. I can imagine how disappointing that must be, especially when you could really use the money. It's too bad that one of your siblings can't buy out your share - but I guess I can't argue the point about holding on to the asset in case he needs more aid for care later on - that is as long as the house will continue to hold it's value over time. And I suppose your brother and GF if living there will continue to foot the cost of routine maintenance in leiu of "rent free"? If not, well maybe some discussion is in order... Touchy situation. Congrats on the steady downward creeping of the scale numbers! Sounds like the horsie time is really filling up your schedule.

It made me sad to read your post about how your Dad called you fat and ugly. My Dad, as well as all my friends dads were all alchoholics - can't think of a single childhood friend whose dad didn't drink. Some more than others, some were happy drunks, some yellers, some kept to themselves but we all grew up to think that it was just the way things were that all daddies drank. My dad was a happy drunk, my mom had it worse dealing with the situation but as a father, he was always loving and supportive. It wasn't until I grew up, started working and meeting people from all walks of life that I started to discover mommies and daddies who were not very loving to their kids. And I started to see so many messed up people who suffered their entire lives due to low self esteem, endless seeking of approval of parents who would never be satisfied, arguing and violence in the house. Those situations last forever in your mind. When I was growing up it was eat, eat, eat - if you were chubby it was a sign of love and a healthy child. Now I've even encountered anorexic women who go the opposite extreme with their children and pass their wierd thoughts on food on to them. The world gets screwier the longer I'm in it

Chachee regarding your MRI story, I hope you realize that they were not singling you out. When I went for mine last year the technician told me that the sliding "bed" on the machine would only hold 300 to 350 pounds. She said they had to start weighing patients after 2 people lied about their weight and broke the machines. I give you credit for enduring being stuffed in that tube. I had to do the open MRI and even then I needed a valium to get through it - freaked out the first time about a minute into the test. But I can understand how you felt. I remember how I felt when one of my friends left at one of my jobs and I realized that I was the fattest girl in the department. I was both ashamed and angered at myself because in a way it pushed me towards the food even more. Twice in my life I have gotten dressed up fancy for a wedding or some event and left the house feeling pretty good only to find that some tall, skinny thing had the exact same dress that I had on. Them in their nice flowing size 6 of course and me in my billowing size 18. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails I hope you are feeling a little better today. When I'm sick I tend to go the liquid route with soups, hot tea with lemon and maybe a bit of honey. If you're coughing, getting the water down helps clear out the chest congestion. Sometimes I would just chug a full glass down after the cough syrup just to get it in.

Hippy, how goes it with day 1 of the smoking program? I am sending you some good strength vibes - had to laugh at your comment that you smoke so much you don't get cravings for a cig. I never thought of it that way but boy is that true! Often I have taken myself to the edge of quitting with such resolve at night when I go to bed only to find in the morning that it's all over my head like a mad drummer thinking about it like I wouldn't otherwise. I think my biggest problem is the whole self denial thing. The more I tell myself I can't have something, the more I want it. I have to play wierd head games with myself - isn't that just plain stupid when you think about it?

Lucky, sorry to hear of the woes at the office, but isn't that just how things seem to be now a days? Everything seems to fall into the hands of one or two dependable worker bees and you can't get management to manage like they are supposed to (easy for me to say not being a manager anymore )Hopefully you got them shook up and people are starting to listen and work together again. Sometimes you have to have a tantrum just to get them to pay attention. I think it's great that Cody and Mark help with putting the lunches together - you all have to pitch in with the things you do best and share the chores. I've always felt that way and sometimes it even works out that everyone contributes - oh happy day!

Sassy, it's great to hear you reporting in again. Loved the saying "be the sponge" I give you credit for moving to a totally different continent to follow your love. Geez, sometimes just moving across the country to a different area seems, well ... scary. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Are you planning a large or intimate affair?

Well I best get my keester in gear here and attend to other things... have a great day everyone!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #96  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

*cough, sniff, achoo!!*

Hello all! Sickie here reporting in. I wish this stuff would go away soon. It's all a conspiracy by the Kleenex company!

I did pretty well with water yesterday. I took suggestions and just chugged it all down. I was minus 16 ounces, but considering I almost wanted to hurl when drinking it, not so bad!!!

Sassy: Welcome to the "online love" club. Both Raven and I met our men online. I met mine in 1998 in a country western chat room. Fell in love, gush gush, he moved 5000 miles to be with me and we have been married 5 years this year with a 2 1/2 year old son. Isn't technology wonderful??

Happy: I totally understand where you are coming from on the "round happy child". That was so true where I came from. And I also grew up around all my dad's friend drinking. It's weird how things change, huh? Now my husband and I actually have to dust off the liquor bottles. It's a very special occastion when we have a drink. I just think growing up like that affects a person to not want to treat their loved ones the same way. I guess it's also true that some kids mirror their parents and repeat the behavior. I guess I never had to worry about smoking, because I have asthma and it would kill me!! I didn't know that about the MRI and scale situation. Thanks for letting me know about that. If the truth be told, I probably would have lied about my weight also. I didn't think about honey in my tea. I used to love hot water with lemon and honey. Maybe I'll brew up some when I go home for lunch. SOMETHING'S GOTTA HELP! *cough cough*

Raven: *sniff sniff* So sorry to hear about the house situation. I know you were really hoping it would sell soon. I guess there is a reason for it not selling, but you will just have to wait and see what that reason is. It sucks, though! My colds/flu bugs always turn into bronchitis or something respiratory because of my asthma. I've battled it all my life. When I was born my left lung collapsed and they had to do surgery right away. I've always had weak lungs, but have been able to overcome it in most situations. It's my one physically weak area and that's why I am so happy I'm a generally healthy person,even with this weight on. Big congrats on the loss, again! I am so proud of your loss and how you have stuck with this. You never know, the scales gods may shine on you this next week and help you make your stealth goal. I am hoping for at least a .6 loss, bringing me up to 10 gone. I am, of course, hoping for more. Hope you and the kids had a fun day!

Okay, ladies, tomorrow night is weigh in. Start those good vibes now, okay?? I might be MIA after Wednesday as my friend is coming in from Oregon. I'll try to get on and check in on Sunday or Monday.

Also, my big day is a week from today. My consult with the plastic surgeon is Tuesday, March 30th at 3:00 pm. Oh, I can't wait to see what he says. Keep those fingers cross for me on that day also.

I will check in tomorrow, as I am sure I will have the weigh-in jitters! Still have to work on overcoming that!

Have a great day!!

Chach
Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

Mornin' ladies! I see several little egg lights on, seems we'll be cross posting together.

Chachee, hope you are feeling better and that you have a good visit with your friend this week.

The warmer weather is finally here. We should be in the 50's and maybe even 60's by the weekend. I've got my window cracked open a bit and the fresh air is soooo nice It's so motivating! I also hope it takes away the hungries. I've been trying to exercise portion control again and I've left the table sort of hungry after a few meals. The hunger fades after a while but while I'm right there at the table I keep thinking, gee I'd like just a little bit more I went down in the basement yesterday - DH had been doing more sanding last weekend. Geez what a mess! I think my walking will be outside for the next 2 weeks - even if it is raining out. It's too much work to clean everything up when he's not done yet - especially since it means re-doing it. For some reason it's also hard getting the water in this week - I'm a little low on that too. It's like I have to force it down.

I gotta get running, will check back later. Have a good one today!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #98  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies!

Going to the doc today to get some meds to stop this darned flu bug! Need to get a new asthma inhaler, as mine is expired and this bug has decided to settle in my lungs. Ick! Makes working out impossible as I can't hardly breathe anyway!

Weigh in is tonight, and I am pretty sure I will hit the 10 pound mark. We shall see in a few hours. I might try to get on here and post after weigh in, because I don't know when I will have another chance to until Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chach
Old 03-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #99  

Hey girls! Not alot of time right now but wanted to pop in.

Day 3 of no smoking!!!! Happy, I kid you not, I had no idea what it was like to crave a cigarette until last night and girl I thought I had lost it!! I was pacing the floor, crying, talking to myself!!!! It was HORRIBLE but it passed, I didn't give in and I will not go back to smoking. I feel better already!!!

Chach, hope you are feeling better.

Sassy, You smoke too?

Raven, Great goal you have set for yourself.

Kathy, things good on your end?

Catch up with you lovely ladies as soon as I can!!!!
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:19 PM   #100  
Choose your hard

Hippy - 3 days smoke free! YAY!!!!! You GO GIRL!!!

The cravings are just horrible!!!! It's like it crawls in your head and you can't think about anything else. I could deal with them easier when I was in the office and couldn't smoke but when I was at home.... geez sometimes I'd go to bed at 9pm (which is like normal people going to bed at 5:30pm ) just so I wouldn't have to think about it. The thing that did me in was that I didn't quit for me, I quit because my sister asked me to so I didn't have the strong resolve that you need although my husband was a real sweetie talking me through it. Cry, yell, kick a pillow, take several deep slow deep breaths and DON'T GIVE IN!!!! You are my hero

Chachee with the weigh in and getting some stuff to get you "unstuffed". Have a good time with your friend.

Hellos to everyone else - get in here and POST!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:17 PM   #101  
Student of the Hoof

Hiiiiiii ladies... *straggling in* I am sooo tired. Work is crazy exhausting, I can't think. Yesterday at the stables was great, I felt so good, did so much stuff. My daughter is very upset about the house money not coming, as that means we can't buy Shadow. I told her we will, it just means we have to go to "Plan B." All is not lost, it will just take longer this way. I'm definitely into the 170s, which is a good thing. I survived the non-eating fiasco of a weekend, and I'm trying to drink more water. I've made my 5 pound goal, no question about that, now I wonder if I'll make it to my stealth goal of 176. Probably not, I couldn't lose three pounds in a week unless it's a dehydration loss, and that's not good. But I might be able to lose another pound, putting me at 178, which would mean my 40 pound mark, leaving me with 43 to go. I could definitely live with that.

Hippy - That is so awesome on the smoking!! Keep it up, girl!!

Chachee - Geez I hope you feel better soon! And you BETTER come in here and post after weigh in!! *hands on hips look*

Happy - Enjoy the warmer weather, I know I sure have been. How long till the work is done in the basement and you can use the treadmill? Do you have a decent place to walk outside? Around here you take your life in your hands if you try...

Ok, back to work. I'm so far behind after taking yesterday off. Happy hump day!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #102  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenToy
How long till the work is done in the basement and you can use the treadmill? Do you have a decent place to walk outside? Around here you take your life in your hands if you try...
How funny you should say that... Back in the 80's I used to go to Atlanta on business quite a bit as we had an office we supported. Actually, we were in the town of Tucker. We stayed at a Holiday Inn right off the expressway and had to cross a simple little curvy street to get from the hotel to the office - wasn't worth driving just across the road. Well... you'd never think crossing a road could be so The way those people zoomed across the road I swore they were aiming for me. That's when my buddy - a "native" Georgian told me that while other parts of the country joke about getting points for splattering pedestrians, 'round their parts they actually took it as a sport! So much fun craning your neck to see around the bend in the road and then doing the 20 yard dash with a purse, briefcase, heels and a laptop only to have your knee crank out from under you. I guess it's rather amusing to the drivers to see you running like Quasimodo - hey, maybe that's why they do it?

But yes, I can walk around the residential area just fine as long as it's not during rush hour when everyone and their brother are cutting through the area to avoid the clogged up main streets. We also have a fabulous walking path in the woods not too far from here. With the better weather and promises of a glorious weekend, DH is already talking about taking to the forest paths again. Like your plan B with Shadow (good to hear that all hope is not lost BTW tho there goes Disneyworld I suppose - I have to have a plan B for walking as it's going to take him a while to get the basement done only being able to do it on the weekends. 3 weeks until vacation and we have to start attending to planning some things for that including the external quest for comfortable sneakers. I don't think much will get done at the house beyond just the usual cleaning. And we have SO MUCH work to do in the yard. But that can wait until May.

Later...

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-24-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #103  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

I wrote out a nice post to everyone this morning and then it got lost in cyberspace.

Hippy let me join in
You are awesome. Hang in there. You know jump on the computer if you need to keep your hands busy also. You are the queen. I was so lucky that I was so sick when I was pregnant that it was not hard to quit. You have willpower and I am bowing down, arms out waving while I say you have the power.

Happy I like the wheelchair pic. Did someone design it, as I notice that it has changed a little bit. I can actually see you running across the express way dressed so professionally, with the heels. Did you find that on your way out of town you drove that expressway to watch someone else make the dash?

Chachee good luck to you on your weigh in tonight. I know that you will hit your 10 lb mark. You know what was so funny about my dream is I really did enjoy my workout and when I woke up and figured out it was just a dream, I was dissappointed. who would of thought!!! I really hope that you are able to kick your flu bug really quickly.

Hi Sassy great to see you posting I sure had a great chuckle with your sense of humor. Are you still out there?

Raven I am so glad that you had a good day off at the stables. a good working day off that is. I hope that you are pleasantly surprised and you lose your 3 pounds by the extra work and being outside.

Well I must run, and I hope everyone has a great Thurdsay. Although it has been Thursday all day for me today.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:59 AM   #104  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies! Now, don't fall over that when you log on here and mine is the first post of the day! I have that 4 hour advantage on all y'all!

Um, let's see...where to start.....I don't want to get in trouble with Raven for not posting quickly, so here goes:

I am down another 2.6 pounds this week to make a total of 12 pounds in 5 weeks!!

Can you all tell I am excited? I was just hoping for a 0.6 loss, so that would put me at the 10 pound mark and a nice 5 pound star to go on my 5 pound bookmark. Oh, what a nice feeling to know you achieved a double digit loss. I'm kinda amped up tonight because of it. I'm above my goal of 2 pounds a week, which I thought was rather aggressive. I know it's going to slow down, but honestly, I can't remember the last time I lost weight five weeks in a row. Who cares? I'm doing it now and that's what counts.

My goals for this week:

1. Enjoy my success!
2. Continue my good habits
3. Try to get in some exercise once this bug passes and I can breath normally.

I'm not going to set up any big goals for myself this week as I have my friend coming into town and she likes to go visit her favorite restaurants. I'm not going to unreasonable and am going to give myself some slack. I'd like to be down 3 pounds for next week so I can get my next star, but I'll settle for any loss.

Hippy: Look what I found to encourage you: I am very proud of you for three days without smoking. My father has smoked since he was 13 and I know what a struggle it is for him. It's like my struggle with food. I saw a good commercial for quitting smoking. It said, "Quitting takes practice". I thought that was a wonderful phrase. Who would have thunk it? Keep up the excellent work!

Happy: We were both posting today at the same times, I think. So nice to see you on here a couple of times. Vacation coming up....I'm so jealous. I just cancelled mine.

Raven: See, now don't stand there with your hands on your hips for long. It's hard to get anything done like that!! I'm glad you had a nice day off work, it's just getting back to work with all the stuff waiting that isn't nice, huh? I know, because with these three days off, it's going to be a buried desk I come back to. I have one of those bad weeks next week, with training two more nights at the Jail. Ugh, I am dreading it already!!! Congrats on the loss, and I think you are doing a wonderful job!!! Stealth might be reachable.

I'm going to take my meds now and get the bedroom ready for my friend. She'll be here in about three hours. Can you say procrastinate? Yeppers, that is me!

I won't be checking back in for a few days. I'll try to catch up on the posts, but it's going to be hard. Bear with me. Maybe by next weigh in I can be all caught up!

Talk to you all later and have a great weekend!

Chach
Old 03-25-2004, 02:02 AM   #105  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Lucky, we crossed posts! How funny we are both on at the same time! I am going to kick this bug in the butt real quickly! It was nice that you sent us all nice posts, but that darned cyber space eats it up sometimes.

Have a great Thursday to you too!

Chach