Old 03-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #31  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning ladies...

Where to start. It was a white knuckle drive in to work this morning. My boss and one of the other guys came over to the house and pulled that wheel sunday, nothing obvious wrong, though there was evidence of overheating. So we decided to chance it and have me drive the hour in to work... I made it, thank goodness. The wheel started to smoke again about 15 minutes from work, so I pulled into our auto service place and my boss came to pick me up. I think it's probably an intermittently sticking caliper, because by the time I hit the service place, it had stopped smoking. I just hope they can fix it today. At least I didn't have to pay for towing!!

Just when I think my body has gotten a little predictable... This morning I weighed in at another pound down. I'm at 182.5. Ok, that's great but... I'm supposed to start my period on Wednesday. How can I be LOSING during this typical time of gain? *confusion* To add to that, by the time I got to work, my period had actually started. (Massive relief that it waited till I was near a bathroom). It isn't supposed to start till Wednesday. I figure my scale is actually sentient, and tomorrow I'll weigh in at 186 and as I leave the bathroom I'll hear maniacal cackling. It likes to play with my head. *twitch*

Today would be a good day for a valium. I took my big dog out for a walk yesterday around the neighborhood. I live in a very hilly subdivision, so if you walk around the loop, you get your incline/decline work in, that's for sure. Funny thing is I walked with my son, and he was having trouble keeping up, but I felt like I was walking very slowly. But when I got back to the house, my right hip was killing me. That's THE hip, the sciatica hip, the "baby makes mommy go boom" hip. I haven't had any trouble with it for years, then all of the sudden.. ow. So I limped around pretty much all night. This morning no workout, because I had to leave really early because I wanted to avoid as much traffic as possible and allow for any situation with the truck. I think I'm going to start walking outside more now that the weather is better. I think I need to work that hip a little more - but I just need to do it gently. Oddly enough, taekwondo was amazing in reducing the pain.. all the stretching and kicking really helped that joint so much. So I think I may incorporate taebo again into my workouts to help stretch out those ligaments and tendons and muscles. Food has been very OP, water could have been better, but wasn't a total loss.

I have three and a half weeks to lose 1.5 pounds for my reality goal, and 6.5 pounds for my stealth goal. It's kind of fun to see where I'll end up. Gotta love long months!

Happy - Oh geez. Ok. I could really use that $100. Should I start sending chocolate vibes your way?? As a matter of fact, the weekend was almost enjoyable. I'd gotten so used to running around like the proverbial headless chicken that it was kind of nice to have an excuse to do some stuff around the house, and get some shopping done. Richard let me use his car to do the groceries, and I took the kids with me to the mall just to get them out of the house for a little while. Thank you so much for your warm fuzzy comments about my mom skills. I still deal with the guilt over leaving their dad, and the guilt about finding out that I shouldn't have left them with the wicked witch of the west for a stepmother. I know, I didn't know, but still... sometimes I tend to let the guilt override common sense and let them get away with too much crap. I'm working on it though!!

How is everyone else? How went the weekend? Food OP? Water? Exercise? Any more losses? We must KNOW!!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:34 PM   #32  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies! I see you all had a lot of posts over the weekend. Hard to catch up on, but I'll try. Need me some tea for this long one!

Lucky, welcome to the 4 pound club! Glad to have you as a member! Sounds like you have good goals for the month!

Happy: Thanks for the info on the grill. Sounds wonderful. The spider thing kinda gave me the creeps! We don't have much in the way of spiders up here. Thank goodness. I already am practicing portion control, and you must have been ESP'ing me this weekend. I did a bunch of sewing projects I had put aside for all the knitting I've been doing. I cleaned up a bunch of my craft stuff and got some cool pillows sewn for my son!

Hippy: Sorry you are under the weather. Hopefully it will run it's course and be out of your system soon! I feel the same way about wanting to curl up with a good book. Too many things to do here!

Raven: I'll confess about the candles in a minute..... Congrats on the loss. I think you are confusing your body, but that is a good thing!! Sorry to hear about all the vehicle problems. I hate it when car problems come up. Always ends up being so costly at times. And your sciatica, girl I can relate on that one. Mine only flares up after a really long day but it's getting better and I am off all meds for it.

Okay, candle party. I went in with a budget of $50. I ended up spending $45 on candles/accessories and then another $6.78 on shipping, so I was only $1.68 over on budget. The have an adorable "beating heart" tealite holder, and when it lights up, it illuminates little hearts everywhere. I, of course, fell in love with it and bought it. I also stocked up on the tealites. Strawberry rhubarb is a new scent and it was WONDERFUL!

Prior to that I went to the store and was shopping for a bday present. I ended up buying myself a new burgandy red purse. It was only $19, pure leather, and came with a new checkbook, big coin purse, wallet and ID/picture holder. (All the accessories were burgandy leather also.) The straps had cute silver buckles on them and it was a great deal. Plus, my WW books all fit in there and it's not too cramped. My little reward to joining WW. When I lose my first 25, I want to get my acrylic nails put back on. Wahoo!

Okay, outta here for now.

Take care and let's stay OP. I am hoping to be down 3 this week and get that darned 5 pound bookmark!!!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:05 AM   #33  
Student of the Hoof

'Mornin, peeps... (finally a smiley for us coffee/tea folk!)

Could anything ELSE hurt on me? Lets see... my hip is killing me, my lower back is hurting, the front of my calves are cramping, my sinuses are causing head pain, and in the infamous words of my daughter "my UTERUS!!" *clutches abdomen and falls over* Blah. I wonder if the sciatica isn't there because of my period. This one has been especially harsh. It hit early and I feel like I've been run over repeatedly by a truck. For the first time in many years I actually bought midol. I just hope it does something to help with all the symptoms. *whine whine whine*

Ok, no exercise today. I barely got down the stairs without stumbling, no WAY am I getting on that treadmill. And I'm exhausted. At this point just getting out of bed and dragging my butt to work constitutes a workout. Still OP with food, water NEEDS to be increased. I got in about half the amount I am used to yesterday. Scale is playing with my mind, as I knew it would. Up two pounds today. Good thing I don't own a shotgun. Did I say that?

The truck is going to cost many dollar to repair. Front brakes, turn roters, calipers, rear brakes, turn drums, and they say it needs a new water pump and serpentine belt. I have a feeling they're jacking the work up. They want $950 to do it all. Two options right now... the guys in the shop can buy the parts and do the work themselves and I'm also sending the work list over to my mechanic to see how much he'll quote us on the same stuff. Right now I'm using the OTHER company truck, which is the real work truck - very uncomfortable, loud, hard to drive, yada yada yada. At least I have transportation and that is a GOOD thing, so I'm trying not to complain. In a week and a half I can at least get my car into the shop and get started on getting it roadworthy again. Some detours on the road to getting back on my feet (wheels?) financially, but I will get there. Sort of like losing this weight. A few bumps along the way, but it will happen.

I did get the kids out to the stables last night (YAY!!) for a lesson. It's raining today, and who knows what the weather will be like tomorrow or this weekend, so I figured I'd better get them out there while I could. It was cold last night, though. And no, I didn't ride. Both kids were cranky, and by the time we got in that noisy old cramped (two kids, a dog, and me all on one bench seat, cozy!) truck to leave, they were ready to fall asleep. Dinner was Healthy Choice hotdogs. I pretty much ate, did a load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and went to bed. The sad part about the whole thing is that Rosa has a rescued litter of pups up there, and it looks like they have parvo. One has already had to be put down, and she's working her butt off to save the other 6, but ... parvo is so, so harsh. They're such sweet little spaniel pups. I'm so tired of irresponsible people bringing animals into this world. It breaks my heart to see these little ones bouncing around and being happy go lucky little boogers one day, and the next barely able to walk, eat or drink. I know I'm praying for the little ones today. And Rosa, too. Bless her heart, up almost every hour to give each pup an immune system booster in an attempt to ward off the virus. So I was there a little later than I normally would have been. I'm rambling. I'm so tired today.

Chachee - That candle party sounds like it was so fun! And I'm with you on having to budget for something like that. I love candles and would spend WAY too much money. That purse sounds really pretty!! I'm going to need to look for something again soon, mine is getting kind of worn out. I'm going to be getting my nails back on again next payday FINALLY. I figure that's a good reward for staying OP for nearly 3 months, eh?? Obviously I'll have to keep them short, and I'll be doing the American manicure, but at least I'll have nice looking nails and hands again. What style do you usually go with?

Ok. I really need to get moving and go fix my lunch and take a shower and get to work. Yesterday was total chaos, I hope today is more calm. Maybe I can take a nap.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #34  

Wow! I've missed alot of posts! Feeling much better, I can actually taste my coffee Head is still a little stuffy but I think it's about to go away!!

Raven, sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Is your boyfriend, sorry, I can't remember his name right now by any chance mechanically inclined? DUH! Overlook me, I guess if he was you wouldn't be worrying about getting it fixed. As far as this medicine that I have been taking I can't read a doggone thing on this bottle, it's in Japanese! Therefore I can't tell you what it's called but the ingred. are in English and says small fruited fig tree leaves dried extract 360 mg and chlorpheniramine 1.4 mg. I'm sure that doesn't help you much. I look for some of that goldenseal when you told me about it but I couldn't find it at Wal-Mart. Do they have it? Where's it at? Another DUH moment!

Happy, Sounds like you have a done alot of planning! Self discipline...I hate it but I have to be hard on myself or I can constantly think of a reason why it won't hurt to cheat. I do agree with Raven, a 100 bucks would be nice but I will choose to cheer you on

Chach, I love candles. Have them all over my house. They smell so good, well, some of them do. I have several scents that I like and sometimes the house is lit with candlelight only.

I can't remember who said they got bashed on another thread about alternative meds but I know several people that go this route and are very happy, healthy people. This is the first time I have ever tried anything like this and have to say I was very amazed at how quickly the meds worked.

Been OP this week. Drinking lots of water, walking and eating right or very small portions.

Talk to you all later!
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #35  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Ladies!

I have been getting up early these past few weeks, in hopes of getting myself trained for when I get my treadmill. That way I can wake up early and work out, then have time to get my son and myself ready. My hubby has changed his hours, so I donít have to drop my son off at daycare, my hubby can do it. Iíve been up at 5:30-5:45 am every morning. My neighbors said they donít ever use their Gazelle (the Tony Little fitness machine), so they are going to give it to me. I plan on having it in my house ready for use by the end of the weekend. I am hoping that will help with toning up and giving me some aerobic training. I have all the free weights I should need and the ball to do my situps on. Just need to get the Gazelle here. Have any of you heard of it or used it? I think itís wonderful because itís 0 impact, which I need.

My consult with the plastic surgeon is coming up three weeks from today for the breast reduction surgery. I am hoping he will want to do it by next Summer. Gosh, that would be a quick way to lose around 10 pounds. The more weight I lose, the more ďthe girlsĒ stay the same and its really hurting my back.

Raven: Sorry that itís going to cost so much to fix your truck. Guess I missed somethingódidnít you used to have a car? Anyway, I hope that it comes down in price for you and this fix will do everything it needs! I hate car problems. Up two pounds? Itís that time, and (like you said) your body is playing a mind game with you. The nails usually go on with an American manicure or French manicure, whichever I feel like doing. I tend to wear a lot of purple polish, as itís my favorite color. Lavender, etc. I wear mine a little longer, but not too long!!! Weíll have to let each other know when we do that. Itís going to take me a little bit longer, as itís my 25 pound reward.

Hippy: Sounds like you are having a good week! Keep up the great work. As far as alternative meds, my mom has seen an alternative doctor for the past 15 years. A regular MD doesnít work well for her with her fibromyalgia (sp?) and she swears by her doc. Hey, whatever works for you! I feel there are too many drugs out there right now anyway and everyone is too drugged up, but that is just my opinion! (Iím not talking about natural remedies, either.)

Weigh in tomorrow. I am going to try and not get so stressed out over the whole thing. I think that lends itself to not showing as much of a loss, with all that adrenaline pumping because I am so nervous. I need to chill out and relax. I am almost 100% positive I will lose the 0.2 and get that bookmark. I'd like to show a 3 pound loss.

Take care!

Chach
Old 03-10-2004, 02:23 AM   #36  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi kiddies,
Sorry I haven't posted. There's just so many darned things to get done. Worked on homework for my class from 8pm until 12:30am yesterday - wasn't like this when I was a kid in school. I am feeling very overwhelmed at the moment. ** big sigh, deep breaths, this too shall pass ***

Raven, I'm really sorry to hear about all your troubles. geez, bad enough the truck problems but then the money issues and all the aches and pains. Makes you want to sit and have a good cry before and after you hide your head under the couch cushions! Sometimes I think life is just one big manic depressive rollercoaster. I hope things are better tomorrow and that you were able to sneak a nap in, even if just a quickie. Wouldn't riding on the horse and the bumping up and down aggrivate the sciatica? I know it would be the last thing in the world I'd want with cramps, especially the gut twisting, bend me over MY UTERUS!!!!! kind I used to get. Don't miss them at all I tell you.

Chachee - so you got yourself a Gazelle? Makes me smile because it was one of those popular home "gym" type things that eventually wound up as a clothes rack. But you can't beat the price. Seriously though, my niece has one and she really likes it alot. It does get your heart pumping, that's for sure. Just make sure your neighbor gives you the video on how to use it properly. Don't lock your legs, I think you have to stand with "soft knees" - kind of in a skier's stance. I just found that position to be tough on my back and knees. But she had great success with it for losing weight and increasing her cardio fitness so I can't say it's all bad. Like anything, you just have to stick with it. Do it watching TV or put on some heart pumping music. Hope you get that weightloss bookmark this week!

Hippy - yay for you for sticking with the water and portion control this week!

I did eat on plan today but it wasn't very South Beach - strawberry banana protein shake for breakfast (the yogurt was FF but not sugar free which I can't seem to get at the store here), lunch was a chicken salad sandwich (on BREAD ) and a cup of homemade minnestrone. For dinner we had broiled orange roughy (it had a thin layer of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese on top), sugar snap peas (oops there's that sugar thing again) and a tossed spinach salad with cranberries, walnut bits, mandarin oranges and light raspberry vinagrette dressing. All low fat but not low carb. Oh yeah and on your recommendation Raven - a Slim a Bear ice cream for dessert. (Good suggestion!) This low carb thing is HARD. If nothing else, I have at least greatly reduced the carbs, so that's a step in the right direction. I can't seem to get enough water down lately though. I have a bottle at my desk and I drink all day long but it seems like fairies must come and fill it up when I leave my chair because the water level doesn't seem to go down even though I remember drinking it.

Well as my husband says "Bedtime for Bonzo". Catch you tomorrow... G'night.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #37  

Happy hump day! This week is flying by. The weather was nasty yesterday, cold, rain, snow flurries. I was very lazy yesterday. One of those curl up on the couch with coffee, a blanket and a crossword book Today is sunny, will be 53 and I plan to get outside. We have some yard work to do yet so I will be raking and so on. The hubby will be setting mole traps. Those little rascals are tearing our yard to pieces. Nice big tunnels everywhere then my poochie gets out there and digs trying to catch one.

I am happy to say Gary is doing so good on his eating plan. His sugar has come down from 371 to 147. Still need to get it down to around 95 or so but we have made major progress these past 2 weeks. As for myself, I have really been hitting the water. I haven't had any diet sodas or anything for over a week. Just water. I have found that I eat alot less, don't want to eat as often and am not wanting to eat at night. I have changed the size of the plates that we eat off of and am teaching myself to just have a spoonful of this and that. No heaping mounds of anything. I don't know I have always thought that it takes so much food to fill up.

Vacation is in June. I know I can't possibly look good in a swimsuit by then but am hoping to have accomplished enough that I feel okay about it. My thighs are so big and fat, they look worse than anything so I hope to have them in better shape. I guess we shall see.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:03 AM   #38  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies.

Its Wednesday already. I just have to say that these last few months have just flown on by and I really don't know where the time goes.

Happy your food plan from yesterday has me hungry from reading it. It all sounds so good. Especially your salad. Ok I took my water with me to work and I toasted you a few times in the day. I did actually really think about the water intake yesterday as I thought about us toasting each other with our water.

Hippy where are you going to go for your vacation? You will just have to take Happy's suggestion and add some pilates in with your workout. I'll do it with you.

Happy wow thats alot of homework, but it pays off for you when you pull off such great marks. So how long is this class? I have been doing some pilates. I will just have to do them regularly as I am curious what sort of results I would get. I do seem to stand up a little straighter and it is not quite so hard to hold my tummy in. I am going to take the video to work with me and do it there. Can you just imagine if someone was to walk in on me?

Chachee with your weigh in today. I have seen the gazelle on the shopping channel. I hope you enjoy using it because then you are more likely to stick with it.

Raven, I am sorry that you are having a tough time. If I could send a big truck down to get your truck, Mark could fix it for you then I could send it back down.
Here are some good vibes so that you can have a good day today.

Well I must run and get ready for work. I am running a little late but wanted to pop in and say to everyone. This is the first time in a couple weeks that our computer would actually open all the smiles. I can see there are some really cute ones.

Have a super day everyone.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:07 AM   #39  
Choose your hard

Wow Hippy - that is wonderful news with both Gary and yourself! Great idea on changing the plate sizes - so much of it is a visual thing, isn't it? It did take some getting used to, going from yum this is soooo good and geez I'm so stuffed I can't move to eating the proper amount that was just enough until you weren't hungry any more. Sounds like you are doing all the right things for a better you. And you have a good attitude and expectations, maybe not quite ready for bikinis but it sure will feel good to handle the summer heat a few sizes smaller!

Time to go earn my 50 cents for the day and find out what surprise requests I have received overnight that will otherwise mess up my carefully laid work plans for the day Have a good one ladies...
Old 03-10-2004, 10:11 AM   #40  
Choose your hard

Hey Lucky, thanks for the reminder I'll bet if someone found you doing your Pilates at work, they'd probably ask if they could join in! Or maybe they'd just start ugly rumors - "hey, did you hear her moaning and grunting in that room? - Whatever is going on"
Old 03-10-2004, 11:32 AM   #41  
Student of the Hoof

G'morning, Ladies..

Hippy - Nope, BF is in no way, shape or form mechanically inclined. Unless you're talking computers. I'm the one in the family who changes the tires, oil, wiper blades, yada yada. Which is fine. I just don't have the tools to do anything approaching real work anymore. I left those all in Alaska. *sigh* My brother up there works for an auto parts supply store, so I got very used to getting all my parts at cost. I still go into sticker shock when I see the markup on parts down here, and the labor is prohibitive. Maybe I should become a mechanic?? As far as the goldenseal, I can't remember if I found it at Walmart or not. I do remember getting it at one of the health food shops here, and I think my local Publix carried it. If Walmart does have it, it would be where all the other vitamins, herbs, and supplements are. I was glad to hear that Gary is doing so well. Maybe this time he realizes there's a lot riding on his eating? I hope he keeps it up! I still measure and weigh a lot of my foods, just to make sure my portions don't start creeping up again. And you're right... it really doesn't take a lot to make a good meal. The amazing part to me is that many times a "single serving" is too much for me now.

Chachee - Wow, you're starting to get up around the same time I do! I try really hard to be out of bed between 4:30 and 5, lately I've just been too darned tired. But I think tomorrow I'll be ok again. The mornings are my time to do things, so I cram a lot into those few hours before I leave for work. I sure hope your surgeon schedules the reduction soon. I can't imagine having to deal with the pain and inconvenience - especially as you lose weight everywhere else. I think that would get pretty frustrating. I know I'm praying that darn house up there sells this summer because one of the huge motivators for me losing this weight is getting a tummy tuck when I've reached or am really close to goal. I lost so much weight before, and I know that one of the discouraging things was that pouch STILL being there. And at that time, there wasn't anything I could do about it. It almost seemed like why bother, you know? Though that isn't a good attitude, and I've worked around that this time, I hope. Still .. it would be the best reward I can think of. Keep us posted, eh? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on your weigh in today!! I do have a car... and I was using the company truck when all this happened. My car needs a mess of work to get it going, and now I need to get the truck repaired. My boss wasn't really supposed to be letting me use it, so he would be hard pressed to explain why it has SO many more miles on it and all that. We need to get this one fixed under the radar. If the guys here at the shop do the work, I can afford to buy the parts, so that's probably how we're going to do it. I talked to my boss, and I don't have to cover the rear drums or the water pump, because that's stuff that could have gone at any time - the problem is that I've put a lot of miles on that truck in the last 6 months or so. My boss feels justified in letting me use the truck till I get my own car fixed because corporate screwed me around on the raise I had been promised in September. If I'd gotten that raise, I would have been able to fix my own car instead of slowly sliding farther and farther into debt. So... we'll see what happens. Was that WAY too much information?

Happy - I knew you were starting class again. What is it that you're taking? I hope it gets easier for you. Yeah, the riding is hard when I'm on my period. I usually skip it for a day or two, and so does Miss Nickie.. it's just a little too much to deal with. The sciatica hasn't been a problem in so long that it kind of blows me away that I had such a bad flare up for seemingly no reason. Sounds like you're getting right back on track, girl! I've found that I can't seem to follow a specific plan, I just incorporate what works for me from various plans and tips and hints from people and go with what feels right for my body and gets results. As long as it's healthy, I'm cool.

Today is better. My period is in day three and starting to ease up a little, the back pain isn't as bad, the sciatica has muted down to twinges here and there, and I don't feel like I need to sleep for three days. My anterior calves are still giving me trouble, and I wonder if it's because of those old shoes I've been wearing. I have the Saucony's that I use for running, and they force me to walk correctly. Then I go and put those badly worn shoes on for the rest of the day, and I think that might be the problem. So I'm wearing my running shoes now, and we'll see if the consistency helps. If so, I'll have to buy another pair, one for street shoes and one for treadmill. Though I'm still tossing around the idea of trying those weird New Balance ones made for people who supinate. I don't know if I was hit with a virus around the same time my period hit this time, or if my period was just that bad. In any case, I'm not feeling near as puny as I was, and that means I'll be able to work out tomorrow. Even if it's a light one. And of all things... I forgot completely that today was Wednesday, and didn't remember till about half way to work that I was supposed to take Nick to the stables. *slaps forehed* Duh!! Oh well. Too many things on my mind, I guess.

Rosa wants us to go to a hunter/jumper competition with her on Sunday (just to watch, it's pretty high level). It's a long drive though - and I'd have to drive up to the stables, feed and work, then we'd all pile into Rosa's van and she'd drive us down to the Horse Park. At the very least and hour and a half drive. Then we'd spend pretty much all day there, then drive back to Rosa's and then I'd have to drive home. I wouldn't mind seeing the show... but that's a lot of driving and honestly, I'd kind of rather spend the day with my own horse for a change. I haven't been able to spend much time with him at all - between weather and cars and everything else. There will be more shows, so I think I'm going to bail on that one. The kids aren't really that excited about going either, they'd rather ride, too. I hope she doesn't mind. I need to call her today and find out how the poor pups are doing, so I'll tell her then.

Now I just need some good weather this weekend, and we're set, yes?? YES!!

Happy hump day, everyone!!
Old 03-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #42  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Ladies!

Look, they made a smilie just for me!!

Tonight is weigh in and I will hopefully be able to check in tomorrow morning and report not only a loss, but the proud new owner of a 5 pound loss bookmark! I'm going to bronze that sucker!! Feeling really good today,no anxiety yet to speak of, so that is good.

Happy: Thanks for the info on the Gazelle. They said they have two videos that come with it. I'll probably watch/do them for instruction, but then just put on some good tv or music and do the workouts. Those water fairies come and do the same thing to my big water bottle. I swapped it out this week to a smaller glass. I have to do five of the glasses as compared to the three of my bigger bottle. May be a mind game, but I am having an easier time with the water doing it this way. Great job on cutting back. Low carb is hard. I tried it once and lost like 35 pounds in a month and it all came back on and then some!

Hippy: Sounds like you are taking the right steps to a healthier life! That's wonderful news about Gary. Swimsuit, shmimsuit. If you make steps towards a better you, then you've accomplished a lot. May not be as drastic as you had hoped, but it's something!!

Lucky: Howdy woman!! Nice to see you here. See, I took your advice and came back over here. Thanks for the good luck and I'll let you know if I like the Gazelle. I am hoping I will.

Raven: Okay, so I wasn't going crazy, you do have a car also. I understand about fixing it. Thanks also for the good luck on weigh in. I know how much you want that tummy tuck. I remember from a year ago how much you wanted that and your motorcycle. I'll keep the house in my thoughts that it sells. Where is it exactly? Does it have a big yard? Let me know, because I know someone here at work that is looking for about a half acre here in town.

Well, back to work. I'll post in the morning about the loss, hopefully!

Big hugs all around.

Chach
Old 03-11-2004, 07:28 AM   #43  
Student of the Hoof

Default Oh God the HURT

Right.

Now I remember why I like to run.

Maybe my body just needed some rest? Count them. TWO miles without a walk interval. Stitch in my SIDE ow. And I hit the two miles in 27:30. I did the first quarter mile at a relatively quick walk (I have such short legs), then ran 1 3/4 miles in 27:30 to make my two mile goal, then slowed to a slightly slower run and went to the full 30 minutes... by that time I was at 2.18 miles and I said hey... not EVEN a tenth of a mile left to go and I've RUN 2 miles in 27 minutes - I can do that. So I did. *beam* *preen* *hurts arm patting self on back* PRAISE ME!!! (My daughter is speaking through me again, darn it.)

Ok, that makes up for the slightly larger than single serving of pasta I had for dinner last night.

I will post more later from work, but I'm running late now! WHeeeeee!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:39 AM   #44  
Choose your hard

Morning you exercise maniacs Guess there's no excuse for me to be a slacker, eh? Raven - you're one rev'd up woman on the run, aren't you? That's fantastic and I have the feeling you're also running off some pent up frustration too which can be very therapeudic.

Chachee, had to laugh at your comment about the scale smilie just for you - it is cute, isn't it? Did you get your bookmark?

I see all the little eggs lit up - looks like we're all on together now. Guess we should huddle together and do the ooh ooh ooh cheer, eh?

Raven, you asked what classes I'm taking. I'm in a beginner web development class - had to repeat the class I had to drop out of a few semester's back - I need it for my certification I'm going for. Even though it's a basics class, it's good to review stuff again and the teacher is very good - but she does pile up the work so it takes alot of time. And I have to develop a website for my class project - am making good on a promise to hubby to build him one for his digital pictures - that's time consuming too. And I'm taking some extra programming classes online for stuff I need to learn how to do at work. So I'm just a geezer college student here - less the low riser pants, shrug shirts and open toed platform shoes that all the college kids wear now a days - said I wore that stuff in the 70's and I'm not doing it again - especially the shoes

Have been having trouble getting in all my water and I've had the munchies this week. Nothing sinful as I don't have much of that stuff at home anymore but just eating a bit more than I should. why but I have to get over that even if it just means being hungry and sad.

Gotta get running to work now, will be back later... have a good one chickies!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:40 AM   #45  

Good morning This is just one of those mornings! I didn't feel real motivated when I got up and wished I could just crawl back in bed. Maybe because it's cloudy and raining. Jordan is off to school and I'm having coffee so this day surely will improve!

My kitchen plumbing is all screwed up. The sink won't drain but I can plunge it down. Put drain cleaner down it but that didn't help. Took the pipes apart to see if there was a clog, nothing, not even standing water in the pipe that goes under the house. Will have to call a plumber today, can't wait to see what that will cost.

Raven, you must have a super nice boss! And pat..pat on the back for that wonderful workout. Sounds very painful to me but as they say, no pain no gain!

Lucky, we are going to the ocean again. We thought about going to Myrtle Beach but think we will stick with Florida. We were there last year and loved the resort we stayed at. The restaraunts were great, there goes my diet , there is alot to do and we loved the white sandy beaches. Jordan loved the ocean and had a ball riding his boogie board on the waves so I think this will probably be our family vacation until he gets old enough to not want to go anymore. When he's grown then Gary and I can go other places and do other things.

Pilates? I have heard of them but have not seen them done. Can fat people do those I bought thost Tae Boe tapes when everyone was raving about them. I could do about the first 3 minutes and to be honest that's stretching it! They are definately not for me!

Happy, sounds as if you are eating really well! The salad sounds really good. Might have to try it!

Chach, hope the weigh in went well.

Better run and prepare for the plumber! Have a great day!