Old 03-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #61  
Student of the Hoof

Default awesome awesome NSV!!

Ok. I have a secret. A goal that I didn't know whether was attainable or not, so I didn't even really make it a goal. I didn't tell anyone, and I didn't even admit it really to myself. Honestly, I thought it wouldn't happen.

I started running for the cardio. Then it dawned on me... how many runners do I see with big bulky legs? I have big, bulky legs. Wait .. no .. I HAD big, bulky legs.

Ok. I wanted a pair of half chaps SO bad. Now ... wth is a half chap, you say? It's a leather legging that only goes up to your knee. It mimics a tall riding boot. I can't afford tall boots, so I just wanted to be able to wear a decent pair of half chaps over my jeans with my paddock boots. My daughter got me a pair of really pretty black suede half chaps for my birthday last year. And... they didn't fit. My calves were 18" around at the widest point. If I got them any larger, they'd be too long to fit between my ankle and my knee. I was so depressed. When I started running, in the back of my mind, I wondered. Could I ever lose enough off my calf to fit into those half chaps? I kept them tucked in a drawer, away, out of sight. I had almost returned them, but something made me hang on to those suckers. Today, wearing my size 14 short jeans, I tried on those blessed half chaps. And .. they fit. Just barely, mind you - on the right side (as to be expected, I'm right dominant) they are just a WEE bit too tight, but not to the point where I can't wear them. Just enough so that there is a hint of bluejean showing at the widest point. On the left, they are perfect.

I can wear my half chaps. Is it so silly to be sitting here with tears in my eyes because of this? My daughter bought these for me. She knew how much I wanted them, and now I can wear them. And hey. They look COOL! And today, they get christened with horse sweat!! WOO! *doin' a dance*

Hippy! - You and I share the yo-yo syndrome, it seems. That's another reason I'm so focused this time, I think. I do not EVER want to have to do this again. After I get to goal, I am going to have the excess skin taken off, and by God, I'm going to keep this weight off. This time is the LAST time I'm going to fight this hard. I realize I'm going to go through a whole new learning curve once I hit goal when I'm in maintenance - I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, just like you. You're the same height as my daughter. She's 14, and not done growing either. I hate it that she can look down one me. I keep telling her she may be bigger, but I'm still meaner. My son is the short one so far. He's 11 years old and still not 5 feet. There's hope though... he grew 2 inches in the last 6 months and he hasn't hit puberty yet. I hope he shoots up then - being a really short guy isn't easy. But unfortunately he gets that from my side of the family. My brothers are 5'6" and 5'8" is all.

Ok chicas... I just had to pop in here and raise a little **** about my half chaps... I'm SO thrilled. I hope everyone is having a super Saturday!!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:07 AM   #62  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Raven YEE HAW GIRL!!!! Looks to me like you are living proof that building up the muscle burns the calories more efficiently. I have to believe that your intense exercising is really paying off - both in the scale and the trimming and toning. That is SO cool about the chaps. They sound really pretty - although I admit that got a bit ruined mentally for me when you added the part about getting horse sweat all over them And hey, when money's tight it's a double blessing when you find something fits again and you don't have to spend the money on replacing them. And I'm sure Nickie will think it's so cool that you are using her present that she was probably sooooo excited to get for you in the first place. Yippeeeee. What a happy post! You just keep doing what you've done so well and don't let life's frustrations get to you and you'll be at goal before you know it.

OMG - excess skin. You mean if I ever get to goal not only will my varicose veins show even more but I'll have excess skin too? Oh sorry girls, I can imagine that I am probably painting a pretty ugly picture of myself here. Actually, I don't look that bad - fully clothed!

Hippy, I have to say there's some level of comfort in knowing that you too struggle with the carbs. Dad blasted carbs I can understand why now when I was eating low fat I couldn't lose weight - too much sugar. I know some people will argue that these are fad diets and what really matters is calories in / calories out BUT I kinda believe that we are each individuals and for what works for some people doesn't work for others so by at least sampling the different diets we get an idea of what works, what doesn't and what we can live with. We already know that if you're on the diet you can gain at least 25 pounds in a month. Geez, can you imagine that? How did you lose the weight 5 years ago?

Hey SweetandSassified - we must get you a nick name - that's too long to type Welcome to the fold. You have a great sense of humor and style of writing - we can use all the laughing we can get around here! I'd have to say that learning the phase "where's the potty" is probably one of the most important first things to learn in a foreign language. Especially if you're dieting and drinking alot of water When I think of Austrian I think of "The Sound of Music" and of course Arnold Swarzenneger. So how is Austria besides gorgeous rolling green hills? And you have to learn how to cook too? Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Well, I should have gone to bed a long time ago but I took a nap this afternoon and now I'm WIDE AWAKE. Lots to do tomorrow. I was going to finish cleaning the treadmill this weekend but then DH decided that he was going to finish up the sanding and patching. So much for the cleaning I did do this week. I asked him to please hurry up and finish because I really NEED to start walking more to get ready for our vacation and it's nice to be able to track distance on the treadmill, though I guess I could use the pedometer too. He agreed. Looks like we're headed into the rainy cold pre-spring weather so it's not really ideal to go walking outside yet. Just turned around and talked to hubby for a half hour - we both took naps - now it's after 2am. I really better get to sleep. 'Night all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:21 AM   #63  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

wishin i had a minute to write a proper reply right now ~snarls at the clock~ but i just had to sa thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for letting me in!!! and 2 quickies, after you get to know me you will understand how difficult quickies are for me.......~laughing~ First..............just call me Sassy, everyone does. my humor borders and pert near crosses the line on nearly everything ~laughing~ derogatory it is not. ~winks n grinz~

YAY and HOORAY on all your successes!! but before you go off and get your nails done which costs a small fortune with maitanance and all, and does horrid things to your nails......... hereīs a tip and i will take a pic of my nails and put it up where bosko is to prove to you all that it works!!

take a bottle of clear nail polish, i use wet n wild, cost factor ~wink~ and put in 2-3 drops of Krazy Glue. (dont do this with your colored ones it will change the colors.) give it a good shake or 17 and use that. i use it plain or as a bottom & top coat with colors. swear it makes your nails as hard as fake ones. got the tip from a girlfriend who owns a nail salon. Raven, i know you have reached your mark where your ready to treat yourself, but if you give this a try, not only will you have long lovely nails but your nails will appreciate it too. we are going healthier arent we? nails are part of us too......laughing~ okies there is another girl here who said in 3 months time was it she was going to treat herself to fake ones...... i offer here this challenge, use the clear super glue for the three months and watch those nails grow. ~smiling brightly~ use the money instead on a pedicure, sandle season is around the corner, and you know with lovely nails, your toe nails gotta match!!

i always use a quick dry when i paint my nails, and if you use this every other day....and when i say that i mean...you know how the tips of nails wear off that polish so quickly...so just paint the tips when needed, top with quick dry and scoot off into your busy days. okies i am off to find the digi cam. oh and hey dont look at my thumbs, they are still recovering from fakies i did almost a year ago. but it is proof positive when they are all painted and pretty that they are real...... forever the half full girl........smiling brightly and dashes~

larger pic of my nails

sincerely

sassy

p.s.
my nails were trashed when i got here, after packing and shipping. moving donating everything. it only took 2 months to get them like they are now. i am soooooooooo looking forward to how the All of Me will look in 2 months given as much care as i do my nails. ~grinz n winks~

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 03-14-2004 at 05:47 AM.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #64  
Student of the Hoof

*yawn* Just a short one ladies.. it's working morning at the stables again. Yesterday was a great day.. just warm enough. We rode and played and trained and had a wonderful time. Got home, showered, and off to dinner (I love that Chili's Caribbean Salad easy on the dressing!) and then to see the movie Miracle. I was surprised.. I really enjoyed it. I was even MORE surprised that my boyfriend enjoyed it! Usually he's the horror/scifi/suspense kinda guy.

Scale did rebound a tad - up to 181, but that's better than it usually is. I'm happy.

Happy - Oh please.. I know what you mean about the inevitable not-so-positive discoveries along the weight loss road. I have the varicose veins, and now I'm beginning to see just how much excess skin I'm going to have. When I was all plumped out it wasn't as obvious, but geez. I'm trying to take care of my skin nutritionally (inside and out) so that it will be as elastic as possible. But again, as we both know, the older you get, the less elastic it is. I so agree with you that different approaches work for different people. I think calories are a part of it, but what the make-up is of those calories seems to be a large determining factor, and it varies from person to person. I think that also seems to change over time, because I know what worked for me when I was in my 20's is NOT working for me now, I had to find a whole new approach. It's all a puzzle, and an ongoing one, at that. I hope your hubby heeds your need and gets all the sanding and dust making stuff out of the way right quick!!

Sassy - The big reason I wear acrylic nails is not for length. As a matter of fact, I can't have long nails doing what I do. The reason I wear them is to add thickness (not TOO much thickness, though, that looks gross) to my nails. My natural nails are razor sharp, even with coats and coats of polish or whatever on them, I've gone that route. And I have this very nasty lifelong habit of using my nails to tear the skin around my fingers (not just the cuticles, though it usually starts there) untill they are painful and many times bleeding. The only thing I have found which stops this habit is acrylic nails. They dull out my nails to the point where I can't "start" anything, and the added blunt thickness makes it so that I can't grab any little pieces of skin and tear. I know that's very gross. It's a terrible habit. And before anyone says the how ever many days to break a habit stuff - I wore nails for about 15 years (and the underlying nails are fine, btw - I just couldn't afford acrylics for a while because of the job situation) and literally minutes after the acrylics came off, I was totally unconscious of the fact that I was already picking at my cuticles. I don't even know I'm doing it. And anymore, I just don't have the desire or time to mess with my own nails. I go in, they make them pretty in 20 minutes, I leave and boom - I'm set for two weeks. It's about $12 for a fill, so I deal. It's majorly cool that you found a solution for your own nail situation though! I think that's ingenious - very creative.

Ok .. I must go wake the daughter. Wish me luck!!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 AM   #65  
Student of the Hoof

It's Monday. Woo.

What a busy weekend. Friday night took the kids to movie and dinner. Saturday running, riding for me and both kids, medicating puppies hourly, lunging my horse, dinner out and a movie with the boyfriend. Sunday up early, work at the stables, lunging my horse, then home to cook, do laundry, and clean. I crashed at 8 last night, and I'm still worn out today. In to work early this morning, then tonight riding lessons. That will be my workout today, because I know Rosa is going to ride us into the dirt. Tomorrow I'm going to do UB, then Wednesday will be running again.

Too much sodium yesterday, though my calories were right on track. I didn't drink enough water. Feeling poofy today. Though my 14s are a wee bit tight, I'm wearing them anyway. I just have this little pudge roll that is trying to pooch out over the top, but it's not big enough to really be an issue. Plus it keeps reminding me that I need to keep going, stay OP, don't get complacent. I was SO good over the weekend foodwise. I ate a good dinner before I took the kids out, and so was able to skip any goodies at the theatre and resist the McFlurries at McD's. And when I was out to dinner Saturday, I had my salad, diet coke, and that was it - no appetizer, though I had to watch the boyfriend scarf nachos with cheese and I was starving.. He did ask if it would bother me and I was trying to be gracious, but that was tough. I was SO glad when they brought my salad finally! Then again, no goodies during the movie.

Hope everyone did great over the weekend.. report in, ladies!!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #66  
Choose your hard

Mornin' chickies *** yawn, big stretch, creak, creak *** You know how some days you just leap out of bed full of vim and vigor? Not so today - well actually hardly ever for me, the down side of being a night owl. I am back in the rut of waking up around 3:30 - 4:30am and having a late night potty run. Seems like when that happens I fall into the deep, restful sleep only after that. Of course within a couple of hours I'm being shook out of my peaceful cocoon reluctantly into reality. Feels like I only slept for 30 minutes and it's really hard waking up. This cycle comes and goes and I hate it as much as you do TOM when it happens. And it's not necessarily related to how much water I drink in the evening either.

The weekend was pretty much filled with chores - house cleaning, laundry and cooking. I also sat down with the hubby and discussed some of the specifics of the web site I'm building him for my school project. I spent a fortune at the grocery store this weekend - even by my standards. But I did pick up a couple of roasts, lots of veggies and fruit for some tasty on-plan meals. Yesterday I made a roast beef that was fabulous and I also cooked up a pot roast with veggies. The kitchen smelled sooooo good! So now I've got stuff I can quickly warm for dinner during the week. Tonight I've planned a pork roast and that will pretty much round out the week for meals.

Today over lunchtime I'm going downstairs and give the old stepper machine a twirl. I just hope I can find my Walkman before that - the stepper's easy at first but after a few minutes your legs start to tire and you need the extra oommph of some good, motivational music to keep the beat going.

Yesterday while fixing the bed, I caught a sideways view of myself in the mirror in my pajamas. It's high time to get back to the Pilates and crunches again. Got to go pick out a birthday present for a friend this week - will see if they have the TaeBo tapes at Walmart.

The coffee cup's empty, best get myself to work. Have a great day all!

Raven - remarkable will power waiting for your salad while Richard munched on nachos - but you know even if you had a smidge, it would have all been downhill from there! Wiser minds prevailed - good for you!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:49 PM   #67  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Ladies.

First, Welcome Sassy! I love your name. Austria must be gorgeous. You are going to find this is a great group of women who are all experiencing so many different weight and life issues! Itís a great thread for posting and getting wonderful advice!

Raven: Congrats not only on the 2 pound down, but also on the legs! I know I have to work on my thighs so much. I carry my weigh in my midsection, with the thighs being included on that one! Iím so happy for you. I am possibly going to be in Oregon May 21-30. That is the only time I wonít be around. I might not even go then, because itís going to depend on the plastic surgeonís decision in two weeks. IĒll need to save up my leave time for recovery if he wants to do it soon. If so, Iíll cancel the trip and go next year. Long story short, I might/might not be here. How wishy/washy was that??

Happy: Your venting seems to have motivated youself! I was reading over the posts from the weekend, and you started out so gloomy on Friday night, but now you are so re-energized. I love that about you. You know, I used to laugh at one or two pounds a week loss, but dang, if I would have done that last year and stuck with it, then I would have had most of the weight off that I wanted off. Why do I sometimes think that one pound a week is nothing? Well, my mindset has changed and dangit, Iíll take anything I can get in the negative way!!!! Iím glad I made you laugh about the turtlenecks. Sad but true! As for Omarosa, I couldnít get rid of her snooty butt fast enough. I was sad to see Richard gone because heís such a smartalec and loves to push buttons. I do think he was inappropriate in what he did, but she chose to go that way, you know what I mean? Anyway, Iím glad your spunk is back and keep it up!!!

Hippy: I, like you, would like smaller boobs. Perky was never a word I used to describe myself, other than maybe in the 4th grade!!! It sounds like we are all working on getting over this hurdle of losing/gaining back. We can do it if we all work together!

I got the Gazelle this weekend. They brought it over on Saturday night. I proceeded to watch the video on how to use it and the exercises you can do on it. It really works the arms and chest, which surprised me. I got on it Sunday morning and did 15 minutes. This morning I was up at 5:30 and worked on it for 20 minutes. I think if I can do 20 minutes this week I shouldnít have a problem working up to 30 by next week or the week after. I enjoy it and it feels good. I just turn on MTV for some good upbeat cardio music and get to gliding!! I think itís something I am going to enjoy. I put it in the dining area of the great room.

Oh, and Raven, the puppies got ďfixedĒ on Friday. They had a hard time of it that night and were medicated up with their pain pills until Sunday night. They are getting the spring back in their steps. So cute, but made me cry with how they were whimpering on Friday.

Back to work for me, as I have typed a book and probably used a whole page myself!!

Iím PMSíing bad this week and TOM is coming. Might not be the best weigh in for me!!!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:40 AM   #68  

Morning girls

Okay, no loss this week I wonder if it might have something to do with that fast food I ate Saturday OH! and Sunday I haven't eaten fast food in I don't know how long. A friend os mine asked me to go to lunch Saturday. We went to Arby's and though I ate a roast beef sandwich I didn't eat fries. Sunday we went to visit my grandmother for her birthday. On the way home Gary and Jordan wanted Taco Bell. No good choices there. I also had a small piece of birthday cake and a scoop of icecream with Grandma Yesterday started a new week. Back to the water, wise food choices and walking.

Okay Raven, it's time You need to yell at me Wait! I was being a good friend! You passed on the nachos, I ate them for you! Good excuse? I didn't think so! Okay, I'm ready let me have it!! Glad to hear you had such a good weekend and what great choices you made.

Happy, meal planning helps me a whole lot. If I know what I'm going to cook it's easier to not just throw something together. Do you cook all of your meals for the week on Sunday and just have it ready to heat up? What a good idea!

Hello to Chach and Sassy

Have a great Tuesday
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:49 AM   #69  
Student of the Hoof

g'morning ladies -

All three of us had a wonderful riding lesson last night. I'm doing a lot better, can do the posting trot three times around the arena in each direction with no walking break inbetween. I'm also pretty proud that I hit the canter yesterday in each direction MUCH better than last time, and didn't feel that terrifying out of control feeling like I was going to fly out of the saddle if I didn't grab mane. I did get a little too much air between ye olde butt and the saddle, but not so much that I was in danger of coming off. Major improvement there. We didn't do two point last night. Thank goodness. My sciatica is acting up, and it appears that the cantering and the sitting trot are the probable causes. I've been reading up on sciatica a lot, and my best guess right now is that it's caused by jolting to my tailbone and lack of stretching in my hamstrings. That would explain why TKD was so beneficial, because there is a huge amount of hamstring mobility and stretching. So I need to start doing the hamstring work again, plus I really really REALLY need to get a cheap DVD player this payday and start doing pilates again. I would put money on the combination of those things eliminating the pain.

Very poofy today because of sodium intake. I find that is my worst area. I can control the calories, the water, the protein/fat/carbs - but my sodium is consistently over what I'd like, and spikes very high some days. It seems like there is SO much sodium in almost everything - even the freaking yogurt!! I'm going to have to start looking at this area more, I think.

Happy - Thanks for the mentioning of the roasts... I dont' know why I haven't picked up a few of those myself. This payday I'm definitely going to. It sounded so good! How did the stepper workout go?

Chachee - *lol* Thank you for the definitive answer. I'm not sure when we'll be up there at this point anyway - it's all up in the air. What do you think of your gazelle? Is it working for you? I'm glad the pups came through their little surgeries just fine. It appears that the pups at the stables will make it through - Rosa only lost two out of seven, which is tremendous considering how deadly parvo is. The remaining five seem lively and they're all eating and drinking again. This weekend we were dosing them with the immune system booster every hour - and then Rosa was doing it pretty much through the night, too. She's exhausted, but it looks like all the effort paid off. Now if we can just get the adults over their kennel cough, all will be ready to go to the rescue organization that's waiting for them.

I've been running around too much and it's catching up with me. Tonight is UB. Today at noon I need to run out and get a few groceries, gas the truck, and run to the bank. Then for dinner we're having taco salads, which is pretty quick and easy, and high in the veggie count. I need some time to just relax for a little while.

I hope everyone else is doing great, keeping OP, working out and feelin' fine!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:53 AM   #70  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies.

Kinda down here. I know it's TOM in a couple of days, but I am dreading weigh in. I've been on such a good roll these last couple of weeks, to show a gain is going to get me down. I know why, and there is nothing really I can do about it, I just wish these bad food cravings would go away!! I had mexican once and pizza twice this last week. I am sure that hasn't been a good contributor for weight loss.

My mind is set, though, to not sabotauge myself. I had 7 points left over last night, and I plan on doing the same tonight. I might even "fast track" this week--only 20 points per day as oppossed to my 28 that I get now. They will allow you to do it for one week. Actually, it's just eating more fruits and veggies, which is not a problem for me.

Ideally, I would love to be down one pound this week to hit the 10 pound mark. That's pretty good for 4 weeks, huh? I will shoot for that next month, also, but be really happy with 8. See, Raven, I'm not expecting too much!

Raven: Nice answer, huh? I am actually about 75% sure I am going to cancel my Oregon trip. My father wants to come up and help us finish off the basement in April. If he does that, then I would like to take some time off and help him. It wouldn't be smart of me to take a week in April and 10 days in May when I possibly have this surgery looming. I'll still ponder it, but I am pretty sure I'm just going to stay put! I love my gazelle! I've done it three days in a row, 20 minutes yesterday and today. There are so many different exercises that it doesn't get boring, which is a big problem for me. If I am bored, then it's a bad thing. Plus, I don't have to put the video in and do a "program". I just put it on the timer and do 5 different exercises. I have been a good girl and been getting up at 5:20 am. That gives me time to work out, shower and do my hair and make up before I have to get the little big man up. Then I get him ready, we have breakfast together while my hubby is getting ready. Then they leave and I have 30 minutes of quiet time before I need to leave. Nice, huh?

Hippy: Two days of fast food, huh? I have found, and this is strange, the two better places to eat are Subway (of course) and Taco Bell. Their regular tacos and soft tacos (without sour cream) are only 4 points each. You can have a couple of them without paying too highly calories wise. I do like their nachos, though. I guess it's a good thing that I can't stand sour cream, cream cheese, mayo or cheese spread. I save a lot of calories there. Get back on track with us! You didn't do too badly.

Well, off to work. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be weighing in tomorrow night, so I'm going to start hoping/praying for a good one. Any encouragement will be much appreciated!!!

Chach
Old 03-16-2004, 02:52 PM   #71  
Student of the Hoof

Hey chicks..

Chachee - Now lissenup girl... I was up THREE pounds this morning because of salt, I'm sure of it. I know my calories are fine, so I'm sure it's water. If I can stand seeing that and stay OP, you can beat the scale monster, too! No matter what it says, you just keep on doing the best you can. I agree, pizza and mexican - depending on how much you ate - aren't the greatest. But that's done and gone, and all you can do is move forward. You know there are going to be weeks where that darn scale is just going to make you want to scream. Just focus on the next week. I'm going to paste this in here, it's part of my sig, but I keep it printed out all over the place and I swear I'm going to have it memorized by the time I hit goal.

Keep going

Some days it's difficult to see the progress you're making. Some days it may even seem that you're moving backwards. Keep going. The moment you've been working toward gets ever closer as you move persistently through each day. Each effort, whether you can see it or not, moves you forward. Even the seeming failures make you stronger and push you in the direction of your goal.

Those who keep going only when the going is good, will never make it all the way. The value of achievement is built upon the difficulties you must cross through in order to reach it.

Keep going not only when the going is good. Persist in your efforts even when they seem to be pointless, even when you cannot feel any progress. For the progress is most certainly there. Keep going, and you will surely see it soon enough.

-- Ralph Marston

And of course, we're here to rant and rave and vent with if things just aren't going smoothly. You know that. And just FYI - I think you're doing VERY well, Chach. It's very motivating to be in a group with ladies like all of you... You all make me just want to keep trying and keep working.

Hippy! I guess I cross posted with you this morning, eh?? Ok chicklet... what's with all this fast food and cake and .. you're making me hungry!! Chach is so right.. jump back in - you're not too far gone yet! And if you ate the nachos, I seemed to have gained the weight for you. I don't know what's up with my body lately! I'm just hanging in there - sooner or later things have got to even out, right?? We're all going to slip up, but you're back OP today, so now just make sure you stay that way!

This weekend I'm going to look at two horses that are up for adoption. They're rescue horses... one is an older thoroughbred which was very high end dressage and hunter/jumper, the other is a somewhat younger polo pony. Rosa is looking at them to see if either would be good for her lesson program, and I'm kind of sort of looking at them to see if one of them might be good for Machine. He really needs a horse of his own, but I don't want to get just any horse. OTOH, I can't afford a really expensive one, either. So this rescue organization might be just perfect. If they don't have one right now, they might get one later in the year. And since he's going to be doing that long trip with his Dad, there really is no horrible hurry, other than the fact that he is just dying for his own horse whenever we all go riding. We shall see, I feel very certain that the right horse will be there for him at the right time, whenever that might be.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #72  
Choose your hard

Oh man, I wanna burst! there's SO much I'd like to say BUT I CAN'T POST RIGHT NOW! After I get off work, I MUST finish my homework assignment due tonight (yes, just call me the Happy Procrasinator ) I probably won't get back until late tonight but PLEASE HANG IN THERE!!!! Suffice to say, I share your miseries and anguish
Old 03-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #73  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Big hugs to Happy and my girl Raven. Somehow you always know what to say and when to say it. I have read your signature, but I think I will print it out and put it up by my computer here at work.

And you are completely right. I honestly didn't have but two slices of pizza this week and then some mexican, but the foods I chose to eat at times contributed to this water retention. Flushing the body as I speak, drinking a larger amount of water today. With working out in the morning, it helps me get more water in during the day.

I will have a WW frozen meal for lunch, not so bad in sodium, and then a nice big salad! Totally OP!

Okay, Happy, we'll be eagerly awaiting your post!

Chach
Old 03-17-2004, 12:17 AM   #74  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,

What a busy day you have had. to you Raven at achieving a canter. Your running must sure be paying off for your leg muscles and that will be a big help.

Chachee you are doing so well for all your hard work. How is your gazelle working for you? If you stick to that it should work off your pizza quite quickly.

Hippy our family also are big fans of Taco Bell. Good thing we do not have one here in the little city that we live in. So does Jordan have a spring break coming up soon? I wil have to find out when the Easter holiday is here for our kids.

Happy I know what you mean about falling into a nice cozy deep sleep at 4:00 in the morning. Only to have to get up after I have hit snooze 4 times. I tried the breathe right strips and I can not believe how much better I sleep and I don't wake up anymore. You will have to let us peek at the website that you design for your hubby.

Hi Sassy hope you had a great Tuesday.

Well hubby is out of town for a week as his job sometimes requires him to leave for a few days. We shall see how things will go without him, as I have to say he really does alot here. I'm hoping not to be late for work in the morning, as he is the one that shakes me awake. He says he will phone first thing in the morning to make sure we all get up on time.

Have a great Wednesday all.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:59 AM   #75  
Choose your hard

Top 'o the mornin' to you chickies
Last night I was just getting ready to put supper on the table when I got a call from a dear familiy member in crisis. I was on the phone for 3 hours last night. "Dinner" turned out to be some Chocolate Mint Girl Scout cookies. Then I had to scramble to get my homework submitted by midnight for the due date of the 16th. Got 2 of 3 parts in. I was up until 3am and even when I got to bed, I tossed and turned for a long time worrying about my family. It's one of those things where you want to reach out and help, but right now all you can do is be supportive and hope things will work out. I didn't get much sleep at all - I am one sluggish bag of cement today. It's going to be a loooonnnngggg day... thank goodness the coffee is hot and fresh.

I'll try and get back later on, carry on the parade without me, 'k?