Old 01-16-2004, 02:29 PM   #16  

Global warming my fanny!!! It was so cold this morning I didn't want my daughter to have to walk the six blocks so I kept her home. My walk to the bus stop was horrible and I missed the bus and had to stand the whole way downtown. Thank god it's Friday.

This morning I finally fugured out my cat thinks he's smarter than me. The vet told me he had a spine desease (sp) We had took him in because he was not moving his back leg at all but he was not in any pain. Any he looked like he was about to die. When we were at the vet he looked better and even walked around some (at home he was just rolling). Well, this morning I gave him his medicine and took him to his food (in the kitchen) I was still there when he finished eating and he lifted his leg and hopped back out of the kitchen. I decided to peak around the corner to make sure he made it okay and the little bugger was walking perfectly. I called his name and he started to limp again. Talk about a suck!!!! I thought it was pretty cute though.

Today I am behaving myself with food. I actually had breakfast. It is already 2:00 and no lunch in site but I hope to eat something soon. Well ladies, have a great day and try to stay warm.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:16 AM   #17  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hi everyone,

Fellow Ontarian here. Nice to see familar names. I have been MIA for a week just a million things going on and no time to get to the computer.

Can I join your group?? Nice to be able to talk to fellow losers and share ideas and products we can find it Canada. The US seems to have access to stuff we can't get here

I am back on track and have gotten hubby to start with me. He turned 41 yesterday and although he doesn't need to lose weight he needs to get fit.

Zanne hi. How are you liking kinetex??? I am going to the site right after I finish this email. I am also heading to Newmarket to check and see if they have the shakes. How are you liking the workouts??

Well gotta go, daughter has a hockey game tonight so got a million things to do first. Have a great weekend everyone and keep warm
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 12:13 PM   #18  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Happy Saturday!

Kinda overcast today, but at least it's not so freezing cold today.

My eating is getting a bit better. I grabbed an apple for a snack last night while DH was snoozing on the couch. When he woke up, he got some chips, so of course I had to have some I had just a wee bowl and know what??? I really did NOT enjoy them--so that's a good thing! I much more enjoyed the apple.

WELCOME HOCKEYCHIC!-- Glad to see you! I think that other thread kinda fell thru the cracks when the site crashed. I still haven't completely started Kinetix program yet. I downloaded the challenge, workouts, sample menus and some recipes--I'm making up my own Kinetix binder of stuff. I haven't started the workouts, but I have been on my elliptical a few times this past week. I think I'll be starting "officially" on Monday if I can get some menus planned and my "before" pics done.

TRIXI--how awful for you waiting for and then having to stand in the bus. When I travelled TTC, I hated winter cause everyone was bundled up and crowded. Your cat sounds just like a kid! Too Funny! (I guess not for you and the expense if he's just a hypochondriac). Keep up the good work on the food. Every little change helps.

Have a good day everyone!
Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:04 PM   #19  
stbakd

i' m glad i found so many canuck on board. i am single and need to lose 140 lbs.
i am gong to ww and i lost 8.6 today. i finfd it hard to shop for small portions of veggies.
any ideas.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:04 PM   #20  
1 day at a time!

I just registered and came across this thread. I am in Ontario as well. It's so nice to see so many people so close by...sharing a time zone!

I love the idea of putting the money away....very clever, will enjoy that for sure!
Raspberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:10 PM   #21  
1 day at a time!

mmmmmmmmmmm, a question....what is "kinetex"
Raspberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:24 PM   #22  
"I'm working on it!"

Default This Thread's busy!

How wonderful!

WELCOME HEFTY and RASPBERRY!

HEFTY--Way to go in losing!!!! you're doing something right. Keep it up. I've gotta ask--are you a guy? Under HEFTY is "Mr. Ken" but that doesn't have to mean you're a guy. I just don't want to come on and address ladies only if we have a gent on board too! What kind of veggies do you like and maybe we can give you suggestions on what/where to buy small portions. Are you talking about frozen stuff? Fresh produce can be bought in small portions.

RASPBERRY--Kinetix is a Canadian company that has put out meal replacement products (shakes and bars). Their website (kcount.com) has loads of info. They have just started up a challenge for people to enter (info for this also on the website). W5 had a show about the couple who head the company and I like that they're Canadian. The shakes interested me because I rarely manage to get breakfast, so I thought I could have a protein shake instead. I think the shakes taste good.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:16 PM   #23  

Its only -2 today!! How exciting is that!! How is everyone's weekend going?
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 07:48 PM   #24  
stbakd

zane: yes i am a male. i meant fresh veggies (lettuce,celery and carrots). the mr ken is
a nickname from another thread.
glen
Old 01-18-2004, 09:39 AM   #25  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Sunny Sunday Ladies and Gent!

I am looking forward to getting outside today. Looks like it will be nice.

I've decided to start the Kinetix challenge tomorrow. It's only 8 weeks long--that doesn't sound too intimidating to me. I just have to plan some menus and I'm all set.

I've realised that once I get into the habit of drinking my water, my body craves it. I just seem to know when I want water now. I find I'm drinking water instead of eating something BAD. So this is a good thing

I'm dealing with a bout of plantar faciaitis (ok, I know the spelling is totally wrong). Haven't had it for about 10 years. Really annoying pain around where the arch of the my foot comes to the heel. Good thing I kept my orthotics! I haven't needed them for a long time, but I think because my boots are totally flat with no arch support, that's what's aggrevating my foot. I'll just have to work thru it and do my exercising!

HEFTY/GLEN--I see you're in Toronto, so you are not too far away from a grocery store (maybe you are and don't have a car to get around-set me straight). How about the one pound bag of baby carrots? The will actually last a couple weeks in the fridge, so you could even get the 2 lb size. One bunch of celery should be good for a week if it's wrapped in a bag. If it happens to go limp, you can cut it into pieces and soak them in cold water. My mother actually keeps cut up celery and some carrots in a bowl in the fridge so a snack is easily accessible. Lettuce--an iceberg/head lettuce should last a week if well wrapped. For loose leaf lettuces, I wash them and tear them up, put them in the salad spinner and then in a zippy bag. It'll last a few days. If you don't have a salad spinner, loosely wrap the lettuce in a towel to take out excess water.

Most veggies should last about a week in the fridge. If you only use a half a green pepper, just wrap the other half and that should keep it a bit better. You and use just a bit of cucumber at a time, etc.

Does that help at all?

Maybe if you give us sample menu of what you like to eat for a day, we can help you out a little more.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:04 AM   #26  
stbakd

zanne thanks for the help. i live at dvp and the 401. there is a food basis across the street. i don't eat alot salads. i could buy the salad in a bag. i make chili, speghetti sauce
chicken and pork chops
glen
Old 01-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #27  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hi everyone
Boy it is a sunny morning here in York Region. The pound I found last week was gone this morning so I am a happy girl....lol I am also starting Kinetex tomorrow I have to do alot more reading I don't quite understand how you come up with a K number but I will work on it.

Zanne I did get your email and will send you a reply.

How are you all doing???? Maybe we can incorporate a little exercise challenge for the week?? What do you all think?? Come on I know we can do it.
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #28  
"I'm working on it!"

HEFTY---Small world. I used to live at Vic Park and Sheppard! So if you're making pasta sauce and use the whole tin/jar (I also add things like onions, canned tomatoes, peppers, black olives) and you have way too much for one meal, just divide it up into containers and freeze. Same with chili. Then you can just take out one of those containers in the morning and it will be defrosted for your dinner.

I usually buy in bulk and when I come home I repackage everything. There are 3 of us, so I'll put 3 chicken breasts or 3 chops in a small zippy bag. Then I'll put a bunch of those filled bags into a large freezer zippy bag and put it in the freezer. You could even wrap individual portions in saran wrap. Make sure to label the big bag cause once the stuff is frozen, it's sometimes hard to tell what's what. Sometimes the smaller baggies get frozen together, so I just drop the bag full on the floor to separate the portions.

Is this the kind of help you were looking for?

Another hint--if you like marinade, add some to the wee baggy before freezing. Then when defrosted, your meat will already be marinated!

HOCKEYCHIC--Hooray for losing that pound! Don't go looking for it again. I like your idea for an exercise challenge. I'm gonna need all the help I can get this week!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #29  

Default wow....lots of traffic here sine I post!!! thats great

I am thrilled to see so many of us here. Hefty: I live at vp and st.clair thats not far at all.

I am so glad this cold snap has finally broken and I can go outside without thinking about frost bite in ten minutes. Man its been cold!. I am up for the exercise challenge as well as the water challenge...anybdy in for drinking at least 8 glasses a day for this week? I know what you mean Zanne about your body starting to crave it. I am also officially starting tomorrow. (Was bad this weekend) I will weigh in in the moring and have vowed not to weigh myself again until the next Monday. (too depressing seeing it go up and down).

Since the thread is getting long I thought maybe it might be a good idea to start posting our group in maybe alterachicks or support groups (anyone agree?)

Zanne thanks for the warm thoughts about my cat (Bear) hes doing much better now...The meds are kicking in so I think it will be just the dental surgery for him...(500 Bucks).

I gotta tell you having all you guys so close and going through the same things makes me want to try harder and stick to the plan of getting healthier and thinner!Keep up the good work everyone and hopefully we will see more fellow Canadians here soon.

The US does seem to have more access to more products and programs but we have each other right?
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 03:57 PM   #30  

I'm up for a water challenge, i must say I was pretty bad with the H2O intake this weekend. Its so much easier when I'm at work - its on my desk...I drink it

Official weigh in is Wed, but I think so far I'm looking towards a loss (I hope ) I'm hoping to add a few more dollars to my vacation (outfit...) fund!
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote