Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #31  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

As the lone northerner here, let me just say: BRRRR. It's crazy cold here today. But my new office is horribly hot, so it sucks all the way around.

I had a decent day but not great. I hit a few bumps at the new job and did some snacking, as I do when I'm stressed. I was tempted to skip my workout, too, since my leg hurts but I did a Leslie Sansone program (Rennie - they're free on You Tube!) so I'm happy about that.

Kris, last time I "saw" you, you had just moved into your new home. Are you happy there?

Ona, good job with keeping away from the bad food.

Laki, you'll get back on track. I know how hard it is to fear the scale.

I'm sooo glad tomorrow is Friday. Even with a day off, it's been a long week. And I should be getting my new exercise mat and Pilates DVDs on Saturday, if Amazon is to be believed. Yay!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #32  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Ona you go Girl good job on NO bad nibbles and on the .2 down

Steph it was crazy cold here this afternoon/evening. I use to live in Pittsburgh for a moment. I remember the snow and cold there. I always said the people in the DC Metro area didn't have a clue as to what cold was, LOL.
We all have bumps but look at you go. You are so close to goal. I have a few DVD's of hers. I was PMing with Diana today and as I was typing I realized I can actually go to our daughters room and exercise there. I didn't do it today though. My stomach was hurting again with the nausea from the metformin. I think I am going to try to take a half of one in the morning instead of a whole one. I love Amazon, they are my new friend where books are concerned

I ended my day with low calories again, not as low as yesterday but still not where they should be. I made a grocery list based on what I use to eat minus the carbs. I have found some no carb (I think) or extremely low carb bread at the Giant but I don't know if they sell it here. I can't even remember the name of it.

New ticker has my weight starting at what it was today, sucks ... I want it to show my 197.2 as a start weigh, LOL silly I know

Last edited by love2b150; 01-03-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #33  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hey everyone. Been lurking for the last while. I've read and looked at posts, but stepped back from daily weighing in July of last year. I joined a gym, and found the scale was creeping up. It really freaked me out so I weigh in only once in a while. I am up around 10lbs but am ok with this. The gym energises me, I am more toned and my clothes fit better. I'm still riding my lifestyle change, and despite some heavy meals over the holidays, generally stick to it.
Lovely to see you old friends back here and nice to meet new ones. Off to the gym with DD now- check in later
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #34  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everybody

Hay Starbrite,Rennie,Steph and everyone I missed

Just wanted to post this quickly and will be back later.If I don't get off the computer now,I'll never get to the gym. it seems to take up a lot of my time anyway..

I'm tired but don't want to miss 2 classes at the gym will just push and go to them anyway.WI @ 160.0 this morning,down .8!!.That's weighing in while still half sleep and weighing in 2 hrs earlier.I got so tired of peeing yesterday It wasn't funny.Everywhere i went I had to pee

Last edited by OnaMi; 01-04-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #35  
Becoming A Better Me

gmornin yall~
TGIF! rennie my carb count is kept at 10% of my daily calorie allowance and i keep those as close to complex carbs as possible. I took an 8wk course on diabetis eating/treating n really honed in on carb facts which was great cuz i am a carb junkie! Ill pop back in later after my workout w menu details n such its so easy that i cant believe i didnt do this sooner!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #36  
~Rennie

Sam, I'll bet you still look great even with the 10lbs. I'm glad you decided to check in with us You know how it goes weigh when you want I keep hearing everyone talk about the gym, oh how I wish I could go, even though I know I would probably only get on the treadmill. The sad thing is I have a treadmill but where we are now there is honestly NO place to put it.

GM Ona, LOL that's the way I am if I don't get off the computer I'll be on it for awhile . Good job on the .8 down . What did you do differently that you had to pee so much? Since I stopped with the sugar, bread and junk I haven't had to go nearly as much. SO I know I need to keep on with the lifestyle change this go around. If not for me for my children

Hi Joy, wow 10% I didn't get a chance to take a class while we had insurance. I guess they assumed that I would remember from taking the class when I was pregnant with our 2 child in 1997. I remember some things but not much. Please do enlighten me, I really need all the help I can get to fight this disease. Hope you don't mind me asking ... Are you just doing diet and exercise or are you on medication also? I'm gonna take a half of the metformin this morning and pray that it doesn't make me ill again.

Well I got up to the same weight as yesterday 195.6. I'm not complaining since it isn't an up I'm not mad. I had two tea spoons of salmon cream cheese this morning while Rissa was making her lunch. I must say that it is holding well. I'll be back later ...

Steph, Kris and Laki... hope you're having a great day thus far.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #37  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

January WI:

02: TOM
03: 243.2 - TOM
04: 244.2 - TOM

I did okay yesterday, but not great. Much improved, but still not great. I will be glad when I look forward to stepping on the scale again. I remember the excitement when I knew I was doing everything like I should and couldn't wait until time to weigh. Hoping I get back to that place soon.

Things I know I need to do (or not do) today and every day:

Water, Water, Water
Some sort of exercise
No cheating!
Check in with 3FC - be accountable, be supportive
Count Calories - log my food and watch my carb intake

When I first started this journey (before my several detours), I didn't put anything in my mouth that wasn't accounted for and I didn't have anything that was a trigger food for me (sweets, chocolate, carbs). I was diligent. There was no "cheating." If I am ever going to reach my goal weight or be healthy I need to become that diligent again. I am so tired . . . exhausted . . . all the time. Even though I'm still fighting some serious depression and I am still fatigued from a bad case of pneumonia a couple of months ago, I know if I were to take better care of myself - watch my diet and get some exercise - I would feel better. I am so tired of the tears, pretending to the world that I'm fine, when in reality I'm barely functioning . . . time to be proactive and take an active role in life and start taking care of myself.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #38  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph7409 View Post

Kris, last time I "saw" you, you had just moved into your new home. Are you happy there?
I haven't been on 3FC much for quite some time. I love the house - I feel like I'm where I belong. I still haven't gotten it all unpacked and organized though. I wish I could park in the garage - it's frustrating to be scraping car windows when I have a garage. Right after I moved I had to focus on getting my mom's house cleared out and ready to be put on the market and her estate sale. I spent a lot of time running back and forth between my house, her house and her apartment and wasn't home much - except for sleeping. Looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way though. I got to spend a lot of time with my mom and help her with some hard decisions and created a lot of great memories too. She had a massive stroke on September 8, just a few hours after my grandsons and I left her (we had surprised her with dinner). I was holding her hand when she passed away on September 29. There was a lot of work to be done after that (clearing out her apartment and taking care of the rest of her things). And since then I've just been trying to adjust to life without her. It's difficult because she was such a huge part of my daily life. I lived across the street from her for 2 1/2 years before she moved to assisted living and then I still talked to her nearly every day and saw her several times a week.

I have tried to come back to 3FC a couple of other times without much success - I think I am ready. I hope - lol. It's nice to "see" some familiar faces.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #39  
~Rennie

Kris You can do it. Just remember to check in. I'll tell when I stopped checking in with you all it just all went south. I know I didn't have to do personals because it was so many of us at the time but I kind of allowed that to be my excuse. Like Ona said once I got on the computer it seemed to consume me and I would stay on. Trigger foods ... we just went to Walmart and I'm looking at aisles of things I can't eat. My husband bought a box of Ritz crackers, I really wanted to tell him how unfair that was to me but I can't keep everyone from eating what the like because I can't control what I do. He was nice enough not to eat them in the van so I didn't have to smell them. Huh, everything I see I want. I play games called Bakery Story and Restaurant Story and just pretend cooking makes my mouth water. I was overly tired also (not sure if the tiredness now is from the metformin or not) but I do think I have slept better since I cut the breads. Almost ate 5 saltines yesterday because my stomach was hurting so bad, instead I put them back in the pack and grabbed the Pepto. I know that I have got to be true to myself in order for me to succeed. I believe if you can fight the cravings and the trigger foods you'll feel better and want to exercise. I think next week or maybe this weekend with my energy child I may put a DVD on, even though they are hard to do with her because she can't keep in step (it's so funny) I'll still be getting some movement in.

Kris you can do it ... You know what I did once, I put a bunch of post-it notes up for myself, they worked until the kids started yelling at me to not do what the note said, then I got mad, though that's what I needed Please do take care of yourself You're a great Daughter, Mom, Mother, Grandmother ... keep that in mind, it shows in all that you do

Sorry I'm all over the place as usual

I just made the best omelet = 2 eggs, 1/3 shredded Swiss & Fiesta blend cheese, 1/4 sausage crumbles, and 3 tablespoons of mild Pico de Gallo calories 335, carbs 8

Last edited by love2b150; 01-04-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #40  
Becoming A Better Me

YEEHAA! i'm back in ONEderland today! lets see if i can keep it going in the right direction cuz i aint changing my ticker in opposite direction lol!
Rennie~ No im not on any meds for sugar cuz it's perfect at this point but my father has it, his mother had it and i had gestational diabetis with my 1st pregnancy 26yrs ago but didnt with my last 2 babies so like i said i am predisposed for it. The class i took was actually free thru my local health dept. so check in with yours and see if they are offered at different times thru out the year. my gym membership is thru the YMCA so its based on my (hubbys) income is the only way its possible for me and i go while my kids are in school. my menus consist of almost nothing white, only whole grain breads, brown rice, whole grain pastas, white potatoes i will have occasionally and sugar for my coffee and everything portion controlled. i keep fresh and dried fruits around and seasonal veggies at hand which i get from farmers markets cuz they are cheaper. i buy walamart brand non-fat light yogurts for snakes and fruit dips in place of ice creams and sweets. no sodas of any kind but have to have my coffee and teas lol! and lots of water which i drink alot of anyway and occasionally a sf flavor pack for a change. i rarely if ever use processed foods (loaded with sodium) anymore and if im using canned veggies i rinse them in cold water for cpl minutes to wash up to 42% of the sodium off. i dont really need to watch my sodium but i do love the non bloated n no extra water weight feeling! ill get into more later its time to pick my son up. WE can do this!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #41  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Your Omelet sounds great Rennie very filling. Thank you I guess the water weight comes off when it's good and ready cause I didn't do anything different.Hope you get to exercise a little this weekend.
I n.e.v.e.r. thought I'd like to exercise everyday but once i saw how it made me feel..all th energy..and how now this roll,above my stomach is leaving!! and all i have to do is just push myself a little everyday to do something,It's amazing.
Have you thought about buying some healthy crackers and when your DH is eating his and you want one,you can just grab your healthy ones I have to keep healthy stuff at Mothers

Good to see you MamaP I know it's rough to get back in the losing weight mode.,I had to get back to basics like on that list you posted.
I knew what worked and had to just fight to get back there.I could feel myself slipping back into old eatting habits.Craving junk food! I started thinking.."I've lost all this weight and now it's coming back!! "I liked myself,everyone was so proud of me and probably said that I wasn't going to keep it off anyway". I was just depressed.I never stopped working out. I couldn't exercise away bad eatting habits and thinking that I could do this on my own was wrong.
You're back posting,getting your mind right and know what you can do..Everything's gonna be alright.

Great job getting to onederland Dangerous

Thanks Steph you know? once I cleaned my system out by staying away from bad carbs for awhile,the craving stop and I really don't Want any bad foods.I now that I have no control over some foods and that if I even get started with them it's a downward spiral.I'm constantly listening to my body, really trying to only eat when I'm hungry.Trying really hard not to eat just to eating.It get rough sometimes but just taking it one day at a time.
And now that i know how easy it is for me to gain weight back from eating just a little something,thinking about all the hard work it takes to get it off,the bad bloated feeling...At this point,It's not worth it when there are so many good,healthy,tasty foods I can make or have.

Last edited by OnaMi; 01-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #42  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Oh, all you low-carb gals are making me feel guilty for the bowl of Amy's Organic Cheddar Bunnies I just had for dinner. I need to buy some nuts for snacks. I don't eat a lot of high-fat foods, so I should be able to work nuts into my plan.

Rennie, that omelet sounds deelish. I'm going to see if I can make something like that.

Sam, I'm glad to hear you're feeling good about where you are. At one point, you were talking about writing a book. Are you still pursuing that? Your story is quite inspirational.

Kris, I'm sorry about your mom but how wonderful for you that you were with her and got to spend so much time with her. It must be a huge adjustment for you, so give yourself time.

Ona, I'm with you on the fear of gaining it all back. I went from 245 to 125 back in my 20s (30 years ago) and gained it all back over the next 10 years or so. Every 5 years or so, I'd lose a chunk but then gain that back. This is the first time I've gotten so close to my goal again, and I'm too old to keep doing this! Occasional indulgences are fine for me, it's the pattern of continual overeating that I need to stamp out because that path is just too slippery.

dangerous, congrats!

I've done okay this week, feeling more in control of my eating. I'm trying to be more social because I'm a bit of a recluse and that tends to lead to more eating for me. I miss my friends from my old job so have made plans to see some of them next week. For lunch and dinner, though - eek!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #43  
~Rennie

Joy, Congratulations Onederland I forgot you said pre-diabetic. I'll have to look up the YMCA and the health dept. We've only been here a few months so we're still learning. I did find a low carb yogurt here at Kroger, which makes me happy. I have been really good the last 3 days with not eating any sugar, breads, rice or pasta ... though I almost ate some crackers yesterday. That's a great idea I never thought about rinsing canned vegetables, thanks for the tip. I am weighing and measuring which is key for me.

Ona, are you still taking your morning jog? and running in those people that you make their jaw drop when they see you? I use to love it when you told those stories because you showed all of them what you could do. I'm proud of you, I remember when you had your reasons for not wanting to go to the gym, now look at you ... pumped and ready to GO! No crackers right now, I need to discipline myself a little more before I bring them in the house. The ones Bill bought I won't touch. It is harder this go around, much harder than before. I can actually smell what my head is thinking, crazy huh! You are good at those SB recipes do you still make them? Have you made that black bean brownie lately?

tonights dinner will be baked tilapia, 5 brussels sprouts and a salad. Ok gotta get going wanted dinner to me in my tummy by 7
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #44  
~Rennie

Steph we were typing at the same time . I like this ----> it's the pattern of continual overeating that I need to stamp out because that path is just too slippery. humm meeting old friends for lunch and dinner, that would scare me but I think you have got it in the bag ... I will add carbs back in little by little next month how exciting

Our daughter will be nine on Monday and her cake will be my test. Those of you that know me from before remember how I use to be with, out of the box (no bowl) frosted flakes and store bought birthday cake with white icing (not butter cream) are my weaknesses We are celebrating on Sunday after church with all of her cousins. We shall see how I do. I don't even want to cut that cake because if the icing gets on my fingers I will probably have spasms wanting to eat it ... can't let it pull me in

AND Steph please stay with us and continue to be social you HAVE DONE and ARE DOING great
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #45  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

love2b150~ Thanks for the invite!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack...

I made a brief appearance last year when I thought I was really going to be serious about losing some weight, but unfortunately I got slammed with some serious health stuff and ended up slacking big time. I've battled with cervical cancer for a couple years and ended up having surgery and oral chemo treatments last January-May. As a result I wallowed in self-pity and pretty much gave up on trying to lose weight in late February. Ironic part is that obesity has been linked in more and more studies to cervical cancer...

On December 27th my doctor decided to take a new approach with me which was something I needed. He started with, "You're killing yourself." I admit to feeling shocked that he would come out and say that, but after a 20 minute discussion, I realized that he was being blunt and honest with me and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm 29, my health sucks, and a large part of that is because of my weight. I'm missing out on so many things, and it's depressing. So, here I am. I'm ready to take my life back. The rose colored glasses are gone and while I will not commit to being perfect, I will commit to a lifestyle change that will result in a better existence.

All that aside...

I grew up and live in Vermont where I currently work as a paraeducator. I'm a certified English teacher, but have been unable to find a teaching job so I have also returned to college. I'm currently working on my Masters in reading as well as working towards my history certification. I'm also the yearbook adviser at our school. My schedule is crazy. I'm currently enrolled in three classes, I spend 50-60 hours/week at school working and attending numerous meetings and games for yearbook.

My biggest challenge is going to be planning and staying ahead. It's much easier to grab something to eat at the gas station than it is to plan a meal, so I need to find a routine that I can keep.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!!!
Closed Thread