Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Don't quite know how or why but I'm at 177 this morning - kind of an extended whoosh week or something.

Glow in the dark 80s party sounds so fun - maybe you can rent or buy a black light to make everyone's white stuff glow. Are you going to wear something fun to the xmas party this weekend? I'm so impressed by your 30ds - all I seem to be able to make myself do is jog. You are the workout queen around here!

Just got in a run this morning and am going to a cookie party tonight where I will not be eating any cookies

Hope you all are doing well...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #272  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey chickadess!

Burgundy - love the glow in the dark 80s party! Most things from the 80's are neon, so Im sure a lot will glow on its own. Another idea is to buy plastic jewelry or table clothes or something disposable and "paint" it with woolite. It makes everything glow. When I was a teen I sponge painted my room with woolite and then had a blacklite, it was so cool, well...cool for a 15 year old, lol. Good job on the exercising! Now, I have heard of the grapefruit diet but do not exactly understand the details of it. Can you break it down?

Dance - this is crazy! You are easily going to surpass your exercise goal, I am so proud of you. Now, when you lost weight the first time, how low did you get? For me, my new goal is 150 but I never got that low. I stopped at 170 because I thought I looked great in a size 10 and wanted to start enjoying food more.

Ok, so today is a GREAT day! We have been fighting for custody of my dbf's kids, because the mom wanted them back in MA and it looks like we have come to a mutually beneficial parental agreement, where they are with us but visit her like 4 or 5 times a year. SO HAPPY! AND, on top of it all, the DBF got a job! YAY! He is not thrilled with it because he has to travel several days every 3 weeks or so but I told him, keep looking but this is good for the mean time. I am so beyond happy. I even cried! I am also getting my hair done today so I am happy for some "girl time".
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #273  

Quick question. Is anyone counting calories? Its so weird because those calculators tell me I need to eat between 1500 and 1800 a day (staggering it) and that just seems like so much to lose weight! Doesnt it?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #274  

Ugh - just lost my post TWICE!!!! due to a weird keyboard issue I'm having on my laptop so will be brief this time.

Lindy - so happy for you and your family - that's wonderful news on both fronts!!!!! And yeah, I only got to 165 last time so am excited about shooting for 150 - that should have me in the size 8 range, if memory serves. I haven't been 150 since around 1999, I think. And as far as calories, even on this high fat, med protein, low carb thing I'm doing, I usually eat around 1200cals so the number you mentioned sounds a bit high but I'm older than you and my workouts are probably less intense so you may need more.

Am going to bail on this cookie party - I'm just not in the mood. I'd rather head home and finish decorating the tree and do some more cooking for the happy hour thing on Sat. Just heard from last sunday guy and he can't meet for a drink later tonight but asked if I could meet on Saturday for a late morning coffee - curious to see if he tries to make it work. Will keep you posted.

Last edited by dancerindenver; 12-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'3

gotta get rid of 40 quick I feel tired and fat all the time and have no energy.
kelli Sizemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #276  

Hey girls!

Soooo the low carb went out the window today and I am pretty ticked. I hopped on the scale this morning which I was trying to not do but I felt like it was just too long to go without and I was still at 187; livid! So I said screw it for lunch and had a corn beef rueben with a soda. On top of all else, I didnt exercise today because I normally take off Friday, Saturday, Sunday. *sigh*

Kelli - what program and exercise routine are you doing? Welcome to the group!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #277  

Kelli - welcome!

Lindy - So, how did your hair turn out? Do you love it? How were things with your bf last night now that the stress level at home has dropped a bunch? Hope everything is great. Maybe low carb isn't your thing right now - you'll do it your own way, right?

Got in a good run in the cold - gorgeous sunrise colors all across the sky. Am headed to our bookclub's cookie party (there's an epidemic apparently) tonight after work (I'm bringing a cheese plate with apple slices so I can stick to plan) and then have some more party prep stuff to do before people come over tomorrow. What's everyone got on for the weekend? Any exercise plans? I'm going to try to run Sat and Sun as I have some all day mtgs next week that are going to make mid-week workouts a little tricky.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #278  

Hey Dance - its so funny how you have all these cookie parties and I have never even heard of a cookie party before, haha. I guess that is a good thing! We are going to South Florida this weekend to see the boyfriends family. Hair looks good, as always. If I keep getting highlights it is seriously going to turn white; which my bf loves but me...not so much. I like some low lights. ANYWAY, I am doubtful with our travel plans that I will be getting in any exercise but I definately plan to on Monday.

I probably wont have time to log on later so have a great weekend girls and Ill catch up on Monday.

Oh, Dance - good luck with your possible date! Cant wait for the details!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

oh my goodness!!!! I am so far behind!!! I will not even go into everything that has happened to me this week.... but the main thing was Tuesday I was on the elliptical in the gym. Just working hard minding my own business.....20 minutes into the work out I get a frantic call from my lil sis! So I have to stop my workout and meet her. Well her room mate had pulled a doosey and my sis life was in danger. NO JOKE!!!! It was crazy! My whole entire family was sick or lived too far away to help or could not leave work for whatever reason.... so I took off work early and we had to move her out right then!! Man it was crazy and I am so sore!!!! I didnt know I had some muscles! LOL so hopefully now that is over my life will slow down some.

tomorrow we are going to see my grandfather in the nursing home. He managed to fall this week and hit his head. so its just been crazy. The good news is I am down to 188.0 so I think i may be in the clear!!

I will read everyones posts in full hopefully tomorrow on the way down to see my grandfather so I can stay up with the convo!! LOL

burgundy- you may have to private message me or email me... I cant figure out how to post a pic on here!

I hope yall are all doing great and Im so sorry ive been absent!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #280  

Lindy - I should have been more descriptive - these are cookie exchanges where each person bakes a few dozen cookies of one kind then you bring them to the party and each take home an assortment.Nobody does them in Orlando? Hope you're having fun in SFL!

Nessa - glad you checked in. Sorry to hear about the family drama - sounds like your sis was lucky to have you to help her,

I'm meeting that guy again for coffee tomorrow morning - will let you guys know how it goes...
Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #281  

Dance.... How did your date go? And the cookie parties...... No way would i have enough will power to go to one of those things! Plus ive never heard of them in arkansas!!!

Lindy- yall be safe in your travels!

And i dont know whats going on..... But.im still whoosing..... 187.0 this morning!!!!! I hope it keeps going like this!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #282  

Omg....... I just realized.......... Im below my wedding weight!!!!!!!!!! Lol
Old 12-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #283  

Nessa - woohoo for whooshing! Great job!

Just got back from coffee with that guy - he's fun to talk to but not sure if he's interested. He'll be back in a few weeks - maybe I'll find out then.

Got in a good run this morning and have things pretty much ready for my friends to come over for happy hour later - should be fun.

Burgundy - do you have some shifts at the soup kitchen this weekend? I know you were planning on going to an xmas party soon - is that tonight?

Will check in again later...
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-only 2 lbs til your Christmas goal. I'm amazed. MY sister is getting a couple black lights. Its gonna be fun. I bought a new shirt to wear to Xmas party, I think I got it a little big but gonna try to make it work. Maybe I'll post a pic. There has been days I didn't want to do 30ds(like today) but I just push through. I hope it pays off. You are so disciplined with your runs. The soup kitchen is just Mondays and Thursdays. I'm there on Thursday.
I told them if they need me Monday to call.

Lindy-my sister told my mom she's gonna spray everything with woolite, plus, it will smell good. The grapefruit diet is simple. Here it is:
Breakfast-2 eggs(any style), 2 slices of bacon(yum) and a grapefruit or 8 oz unsweetened grapefruit juice
Lunch-meat(any kind and amount) and a salad with any dressing, a grapefruit, or 8 oz juice
Dinner-meat(any kind and amount) and red or green veggie, a grapefruit or 8 oz juice
Bedtime snack-8 oz milk or tomato juice( I never have this)
No potatoes, breads, sweets, so basically low Carb. Glad y'all get to keep the kids. Has your bf started his new job yet? Are you gonna change to calorie counting now?

Kelli-welcome, what plan are you following?

Neesa-sorry to hear about the stressful week, glad you sister is safe. Are you on Facebook? Good job on getting to 187.

Tomorrow is the christmas party and I'm going to try my best to stick to my diet. I made 2 cheesecakes and a orange dreamsicle pie tonight and I'm not going to have any of them. There will be some vegetarians there so I know I'll be good on veggies.

I didn't do 30ds til 10 pm tonight, I just wasn't feeling it but I got it done. I can't stop, only 13 days til vacation. I was finally down to 192 yesterday.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 12-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #285  

Burgundy - I bet you'll see some quick results on the scale from that diet - you're right - it really is a variant of low carb in a way. I bet your new top will look gorgeous.

I had people over last night as planned and probably drank a bit more wine and had a few more borderline offplan snacks than I should have but not a major disaster. I served 'mashtinis' - mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower for us low carbers) with all different toppings that you add yourself in martini glasses. Just mentioning it in case you need a weird idea for holiday entertaining.

Am having a lazy morning so far but need to get off my butt and get in a run before this random date thing later today.

Hope you all are doing well...