Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #301  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls!

Busy day at work so I doubt I will have much to say, just wanted to check in. Im so proud of the two of you for the weight loss. I have to get my head straight before I can continue on with this weight loss challenge. I will continue to work out but the eating is just a complete joke. Today is the Christmas pot luck luncheon. So many yummy treats! Got my morning workout in and will try again for some abs in the evening. Ive been doing well with this workout and doing it daily, so that is a good thing. I also bought a cute dress and it was a size 8! Yay! Although, I tried on Juniors pants and they were a size 13. Boo! But I dont get too upset with Juniors sizes because well, they are made for teenage bodies and its a miracle I can even fit into them, lol.

What size is everyone wearing these days?
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - glad you found a fun dress - what does it look like? No way I could fit in a size 8 unless it's very a-line Today I'm wearing an M top with an M cardigan - some of my tops are still Ls though. On the bottom, I'm wearing mostly 12s in dress pants for work and a few pairs of jeans are 10s but probably because they have a bunch of stretch in them. Getting dressed for anything is getting so much easier - I'm loving the clothes in my closet right now. It's so much easier to get a flattering fit at this weight. Can't wait for lower still!

Got in a good run this morning and may try to go for a walk when I get back from our work xmas thing tonight.

Hope all is well...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #303  

Ok, quick check in. Seriously...you could probably roll me out the door today, lol. I had NO filter when it came to pot luck and it was delicious. At home I have a pork butt and rice cooking, but the thought of eating at all right now is repulsive. I seriously wish I could "feel" this full all the time so I would never want to eat. Where is that magic pill??? haha

Dance - I actually bought 2 outfits because I wasnt sure how casual or dressy it was. One is a cute wrap dress. It is brown with gold panels. Hard to explain but its cute. And it was only $8 on clearance! The other outfit is red dress pants with a red tank top and a light gold cardigan. I like that outfit but the boyfriend is not a huge fan so if I dont wear it, I may return it. Ill upload pics on FB this weekend.

Cant wait to hear how you guys are doing and about Dance's upcoming dates.

TTYL!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #304  

Off to a work xmas party in a little bit. Got an email from my ex with an article to read earlier and did not reply. Got an IM from him a half hour ago when I was away at a mtg asking if I'm around. Now he's away from his computer and it's driving me nuts not to know what he wanted. Silly, I know. But it's good for him to have a chance to miss me, right?

Only drank pellegrino and did not eat anything at the office holiday thing this afternoon. Tonight's thing is at a sushi place - I'm going to try to stick to sparkling water, fish and veggies - we'll see how that goes. Maybe I can leave early *sigh*....
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #305  

Did well on food and exercise yesterday. Planning on a walk when I get home from work.

I didn't do so well on the ex front - he ended up IMing when I got back from the holiday party and that turned into a phone call and that turned into him coming over. I'm so not good at boundaries right now. His mom is in the hospital and he was worried and upset.

Anyway, so not in the mood to go on the other dates now. I'm thinking about canceling one of the sunday ones - we'll see how I feel tomorrow after some more sleep.

How are you guys doing?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #306  

Hey Dance:

I personally think you should keep on with your other dates. While your mind is on your ex, when he is not so aggressive, you will be happy to have a back-up plan. Everything he is doing though is all good signs. My question is, the reason why you split...has that changed? I understand you miss him but has he worked towards fixing the issues that were the demise of your relationship? Its ok to not be good at the boundaries thing, not many women are when they are in love. :-) Good job on your eating. I wish I could be single again just for successful dieting, lol.

I am not even going into my eating because really it is a joke. I will get on the straight and narrow next year. I mean seriously, I know I dont have the willpower right now. My goal is to not put weight on at this point.

Im am incredibly sad with the shooting in CT. That is where my family is from and panic set in immediately. Fortunately, none of them were harmed but so many others were. I sit at working crying my eyes out and eagerly awaiting to get home and hug my Gabadoo. I wont discuss anymore because I dont want to bring anyone down anymore than the media already is but just thinking out loud.

I wont be on until Monday because we have another crazy weekend but I hope you all eat well and exercise much. I will be uploading pics of my Christmas party outfit on FB so keep an eye out. :-)
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #307  

Lindy - you are right as always. I'm going on a date tonight, another tomorrow and possibly two on Sunday (and the fireman on Monday) so I'm definitely still in this - just sometimes I don't feel like it And yes, he is definitely working on the other issues but still has a ways to go. I guess part of my challenge is deciding whether I can be around while he works on things or not.

And yeah - the shooting is so terribly sad - I can't believe it happened. Those poor families.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #308  

Hey girls - hope you all had a good weekend.

Had a good first date on Fri and would like to see him again. Got in a good run on sat and then had a great time with my ex - going to dinner and a movie. Had a so-so first date tonight. Eh. Down a pound finally with one to go to make my xmas goal. Not sure if I can do it but I will definitely keep trying!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy-I will definitely upload pics of the party. My sister is ready for me to be there so we can get everything done. I still haven't done that workout you posted but I want to give it a try. I'll have to write it down and make my sister do it with me. We need to get our eating under control. I did good on the gf diet for the 12 days but didn't see the loss with it like I used to. This weekend was horrible. We always have a meal at church after the service and I'm feeling the effects of eating the stuff I ate today. I'm going to do better tomorrow.

Neesa-good job with the scale. I want to be back at 185.

Dance-i need to be more like you and get out in the cold for a walk. Its been raining the last couple days so the snow melted. You are so disciplined at your parties. I'm just gonna come live with for a month and do everything just like you are doing, lol. You got this Christmas challenge.

I finished out my 12 day grapefruit diet on Friday. Not sure if I'm gonna do it this week. We will be travelling Friday, sat and sun. I know dieting isn't very fun when. You are in the car most of the day. I need a new "diet".

Ok so I'm so sick of looking at Jillian Michael's I could scream, but only 11 days to go. I will finish it. Its gonna be fun to do in a motel room. I'm ready to get out of Michigan for a while. We're heading out Friday morning. Chris wants to take all weekend to get there. I just want to drive straight thru but he does most of the driving so I'm not gonna argue. We have to pick our battles, right.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #310  

Burgundy - like the new avatar! Are you doing 30ds in that pic?

Made my xmas goal surprisingly so I'm working on a new one for 1/1. I'm planning on going to Cozumel with my ex (I know, it's crazy) in mid-Feb so I'm beyond motivated. Bathing suits - yikes! I'd like to be down as far as possible by then - maybe 165? I imagine it's going to get harder and harder for me to lose going forward.

I've got the date with the fireman tonight. And then am hanging out with my ex on Tuesday. Did I tell you guys I'm having some spider veins in my legs worked on on Weds as a reward for meeting my goal? I'm nervous about the needles and stuff but am looking forward to having prettier legs. I have to wear funny compression stockings for 5 days after and can't run for 5 days either (but can walk like crazy and that's what I'm planning on doing).

Are you guys done with xmas shopping? I still have some more to do but am taking the day off on Friday so that should help.

Off for a cold and dark run this morning - burgundy, wish you were here and coming with me!!

ETA - just saw a post from Neesy on another thread. I sent her a PM asking her to come join us here. I hope she does. Send her a PM if you get a chance

Last edited by dancerindenver; 12-17-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #311  

Hey chickadees!

Dance - congrats at meeting your Christmas goal! SO proud of you! Keep us posted on the dates. And when did this vacation with the ex get planned, hmmmm?? :-p

Burgundy - I wish I had a suggestion for you as far as a new diet but I am failing so bad right now, I cannot give advice to anyone, lol. Ill regain my dedication in the New Year.

Where is Nessa? She has been MIA.

We had a nice weekending at the Christmas party. I did not upload pics in my outfit because frankly, I feel disgusting. I must have taken 100 pictures from every which angle and lighting and I looked huge in all of them so I threw in the white flag and said screw it. I would seriously like to take off at least 10 pounds before the cruise because I know lots of pics will be taken and I dont want to avoid my memories with my friends. So, I am going to try to do p90x until my cruise. I figure I can push myself to at least do that and still eat what I want. I will start this evening. And ask for your push and support so I stick to it.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #312  

Lindy - I'm sure you're being way to hard on yourself - you ALWAYS look gorgeous! p90x sounds like a great idea - getting toned is a huge help with bathing suits. I started situps and pushups this morning in that same spirit. I'll be expecting to see your daily workout updates!!!

Yeah - so the vacation thing. When we first started hanging out together again, I booked it (totally cancelable) on a whim thinking things might work out by then. If something changes in the next month or so, I can always cancel it but it's nice to have something to look forward to and to keep me super inspired about losing weight so that I don't get comfortable and stop trying. Silly, I know.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #313  

Dance - totally not silly! You are doing what most of us girls would do. We try to keep you on the straight and narrow with guy issues because thats what girlfriends do but we understand the need/want to interact with your ex. We have all been there, Im sure.

While I thought everything would be good with the boyfriend working, I think not much has changed and while Im dedicated to making this relationship work, I definately see is falling apart and we are past the hardest parts. Its sad and frustrating and I am hoping that the cruise in January will rekindle the romance that is pretty much completely gone.

On another note, I didnt do P90x. I have a horrible feeling based on how lethargic I have been that I am borderline depressed. Which is scary for me. Does anyone ever get that way? I know when I was heavier, I was VERY depressed; and now I have weight back on and Im getting that way again. Sorry to be such a debbie downer today, just not feeling right. :-(
Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #314  

Lindy ***hugs*** Sorry you're having a tough time. I have felt that down/flat way too many times and have dealt with more serious depression through my ex over and over again. Something to keep in mind is that caring for someone else who is going through a tough time (like an extended stressful job search) puts a TON of stress on the caregiver (**lindy**) and uses up the chemicals in your brain that keeps you stable. You may just need some recuperation time. Any chance you could eat lots of fruits and veggies for the next few days to make sure your body gets what it needs to keep you in a good mood? Please come back and check in later today and let me know how you're doing.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #315  

Dance - thanks for the kind words and suggestions. I am feeling a little better. And I think I need to do my best to fill up on fruits and veggies in replacement of soda and junk because that doesnt help the matter. I told the DBF I need him to go for a walk with me in the evenings. It doesnt have to be brisk, just form of walking to help relieve any stress and bring my endorphines up. Im so glad you guys are here because as you can tell on my FB, I rarely vent **these** kind of problems with people on FB. I always want to come off as accomplished and dont like to show my shortcomings often. Here I feel more at "home" and that no one will judge me, so thank you guys for that.

I will be leaving work shortly but wanted to check in on everyone to see how the eating and exercise is going? Super proud of you girls for sticking to it. I hope to be joining you in the new year.