Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone's day is going good so far! I woke up to the scale saying 192.6 so i'm happy!!! hopefully i will get to know yall better so i can fit in the convos better!

But for now to answer your questions: i am 29 from central arkansas. I have been walking our dog at least 2 times a week. We walk 1.5 miles or more each time. And i was going to commit to 4 days a week min. But with dst its dark when i get home so i dont like walking him in the dark. I have been contemplating joining a gym and going during my lunch hour because i have more energy then anyway.

My husband and i have been married for 7 years and well we want kids but so far all we have is our fur-kid. I dont know about yall but i dont get much help as far as diet goes at home. I love my hubby and all but he refuses to eat healthy!! Lol
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, ladies! Kind of fun that our mini-goals and long term goals are similar - it's so much easier to relate to each others' challenges and frustrations that way. I went up 2lbs on the scale today (but ate right on plan and exercised the last two days) so I'm thinking it might be water weight and am not going to worry about it unless it sticks aground

Nessa - your post count reads 20 now so you should be able to set up your ticker - congrats! I just read that getting in a half hour walk after dinner lowers your blood sugar (which makes it easier to lose weight that day) - any chance you could get your hubby to go with you on an after dinner walk with the dog? Just an idea... I agree with you about being out in the dark - much more depressing and for me at least much harder to get myself to leave my warm and cozy house. Glad the scale is headed in the right direction for you!

Burgundy - love the new hair! I liked it dark too but it's fun to mix things up sometimes, right? Great job on the workout. I'm planning on fitting in some zumba next week with a friend - should be fun. Where are you going for your girls' weekend? That sounds like a blast - and shopping all day can be exercise of a sort too. I'm trying to follow your lead and drink more water but I can tell it's still not enough - will see if I can do better today!

Lindy -way to go on getting in your run! I ran last night and will run again tomorrow morning, if I can get myself out of bed - that's going to be tough. 185 sounds like a workable short-term goal - I'm sure you will nail it. And I love your super blonde hair - I've seen your recent pix on fb and it's a gorgeous, very eye-catching color. No need to mess with success I'm going to get some copper and dark copper highlights next week to see if I can rev up my look a bit. Will post pix if it turns out well.

Thanksgiving goal recap:
Lindy: 185
Burgundy: 185
Dance: 185
Nessa: 188

Girls, we can do this! Anyone got a special outfit they're wanting to fit into for thxgiving? I'm hoping to get into my size 12 jeans finally but I may need to be 180 to do that - we'll see. Do you guys mind my asking what sizes you're wearing these days? I started out this time at 16w which is more like a regular 18 and am down to 14s. Cannot wait to get into 12s though...

ETA: Totally forgot to mention my ex Too funny. We had a nice time last night and are getting together again next week for a movie/dinner date then he'll be out of town for the holiday for a week or so. I think that's probably the right pace for now. He's still a little hung up on the whole 'we're not back in a relationship' thing which is definitely something I'll have to dig into over time but I can handle it for now at least since neither of us are seeing anyone else. You girls have been my rock during this crazy time and I can't tell you how much your friendship and encouragement means to me. *hugs*

Last edited by dancerindenver; 11-08-2012 at 01:05 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #168  

Well i finally did it.....i joined a gym!!!!! No more excuses for me... Its too dark or cold etc i cant walk the dog! Or my hubby doesnt want me to. I am going during my.lunch hour every day! And today i did a 50 minute hard workout on the elliptical. Incline of 10 and resistance of 4-6. 3.3 miles!! Whoo hoo. Now this better make me lose weight instead of gain!

I was wearing 16's comfortably at my heaviest and 14's were tight. The brands were not your daughters and liverpool. Because sometimes brands matter. Now since i have lost i know the 14's are fairly loose and i must have a belt. But i havent tried any other sizes on. But im guessing i will fit in a 12 at least
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the compliments on my hair. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like it now.

Lindy-im really hoping the calorie tracker on zumba for wii is accurate. If it is I've burned over 2900 calories since Sunday. Good job on the run. I'm not eating very healthy neither but gonna try harder. I got some fruits and veggies today.

Neesa-yay for scale going down. I'll tell you a little about myself. I'm 31, married, no kids, 2 Boston terriers, live in Michigan, moved here from alabama. I walk them often. I try everyday but have been slacking lately cos I hate the cold. We usually walk 2 miles. My hubby is the same way. He doesn't eat healthy at all and doesn't exercise with me. I would love for him to walk with me but he has plantar fasciitis so his feet hurt to walk far. I walk with a friend most of the time. Good job on joining a gym.

Dance-I love zumba on wii but still haven't been to a live class. We are going to Traverse City. I've only been there once so it will be nice to see some different scenery. We will probably get a lot of walking in. 185 looks so nice for thanksgiving but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I'll be happy with 189. I'm wearing 14s right now. I can get into 12s but they are snug. Sometimes it does depend on the brand like neesa said. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself with the ex. I'm sure over time he will give you the answers you want. Slow and steady.

I did zumba again today. Burned 855 calories. I can make it over 3500 calsburned for the week tomorrow. We'll see if its accurate. Gotta get my bag packed tomorrow and cook some dinner for the hubby so he doesn't just eat out all weekend. He's not a great cook, lol. I'll try to check in tomorrow then I probably won't be able to again until Monday or Tuesday.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #170  

Morning, ladies!

Burgundy - you are a calorie burning machine - way to go! Agree on the brand thing. I have one pair of jeans that are 12s that totally fit but everything else is 14s so they are clearly an exception. Hope you have a blast this weekend - curious to hear what you find shopping....

Scale is at 189 this weekend so heading back in the direction of the 188 I saw earlier this week. Hope to make some progress this weekend!

I'm burning up some vacation days next week and am planning on lots of exercise as well as decluttering, deep cleaning and organizing. It'll be a lot of work but it always makes me feel better about the world after.

Hope you guys are having a great Friday!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #171  

well the scales said the same same morning as yesterday 192.6. but its not a gain so ill take it!! Im fixing to head to the gym soon. Its been a crazy day so far for me! Hope everyones friday is going well!

Burgundy- o.m.g. I lovvvvvveeeeee your hair!!!! How old are your dogs? Do they do better af night when you walk them? It seems like Capone acts out more if he doesnt get to walk or play chase etc.

Dancer- i wish i could get the hubbs to go with me but he wont even eat right with me!!! Lol ive asked but he will never go with us. So i thought perfect solution.... Ill go to a gym on my lunch break!! Wrong!!! Now he is asking if im getting a new man or cheating on him etc!!!! Its crazy....... i think i finally made him undrrstand i am doing this for ME!!! I want to look good and feel good about myself!!! And im not cheating and im not leaving you.!!!!

Have any of you ladies dealt with anything like that?? Im just really put out that he thinks that and im not real sure how.to handle it!! I love him with all my heart and want no one other than him. And it frustrates me that he would even think i would even think i would step out on him or leave him!!!

Thanks yall have been great!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #172  

Who hoo!!!! 191.0 this morning!!! Hope you all have a great Saturday!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #173  

Great job Nessa!!!! Gotta run but will come back and post more later ...
Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #174  

Girls -
It's somewhere between rainy and snowing today - brrr! I got my run in before the weather changed luckily. It was my sister's b-day yesterday and I managed to avoid even a bite of the homemade tiramisu. This avoiding sugar thing is getting much easier, thank goodness.

Burgundy - hope you guys are having a blast this weekend!

Lindy - how was the food and wine fest? Sounds like a blast.

Nessa - sounds like the gym is working for you! Congrats on your loss today! You mentioned earlier that your hubby is a little concerned about the reasons behind your weightloss. I haven't run into that exact situation myself but I hear it mentioned a lot on the board. Maybe spend a little more time than usual reminding him why you love him.

Hope you are all doing well....
Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #175  

Morning, all!

Scale is back at 188 this morning, finally, after hovering between 190 and 189 since Tuesday. Still three more pounds to go for my thxgiving mini-goal - I really want to make it happen and after struggling all week to get back to where I started the week I don't know what to do more of/less of. Since I have some extra days off this week, I'm shooting for a 3 mile run or walk every day and super strict adherence to plan. Wish me luck, girls...

I've been cleaning out drawers all morning (part of my major decluttering effort this week) and have a huge pile of stuff to donate. I'm keeping select pieces of my too-big stuff this time, something I didn't do last time, and I've decided I'll keep it until I've maintained my goal weight for 3 years. May sound kind of strange to you guys but maybe it will give me extra motivation to maintain once I'm there.

Am finishing up breakfast and planning on a run in the little bit of snow we have out there. And some quick weights as I've been totally slacking off with my supposed weight lifting plan.

I'm going tile shopping with a friend this afternoon who is in the middle of some remodeling projects - should be fun!

Hope you guys are doing great....
Old 11-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #176  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Wow - you girls have been busy while I have been out!

Nessa - SUPER KUDOS for the loss! That is awesome! I can TOTALLY relate to the jealous hubby thing. Not so much a hubby, but BF. Although, I have gained 25 pounds since we got together so he is ok with me losing weight, just have to deal with the comments. Im sorry, I totally understand. Quick background on me since you shared. I live in Orlando, Florida, grew up on CT and have lived in FL for my adult life. I have one daughter that I raised as a single mom, I am divorced but in a new relationship with my current BF, who I live with. He has two kids, who we have custody for and we are raising all our kids together. You will hear me go on tangeants about him bc he lost his job back in March is still not working but hopefully that changes soon. I have a goal of 150 by January 17th, as I am going on the cruise but am doubtful I will meet that goal. One can try though! How is the gym going so far? How many days a week are you shooting for?

Burgundy - you are seriosly burning calories like a crazy woman! I am certain you are going to see a whoosh soon! I am thinking of getting zumba for Wii. Do you think it is worth it for sure? Anything new with the crafts? Did you sign up with Etsy yet?

Dnace - kudos on the continued drop! I definately foresee you making your goal! You are just so dedicated this time. I wish I could find that mojo. Its funny because the one time I kept to my diet was when me and my ex separated, and it was all about me. I wish I could get back into that frame of mind. No holiday outfits. Thanksgiving is just not that big of thing with our family. My grandma cooks, always has and we go and eat. Then come home and nap, lol. I have been dying for years to make my own Thanksgiving meal ON Thanksgiving but my grandma always gets upset. I just figure I should enjoy what I have now, I'm still young and will have my day later on in life.

Welp, the food and wine festival was awesome. I dont feel I ate a lot but my god did I drink a lot of empty calories! They had a berry beer, which I HATE beer but it taste just like juice, so I had a couple of those. Then there was this dragonfly berry pina colada in Mexico that I wanted to try, so I did. Then a watermelon slushy....empty, empty calories! Then on Saturday, god, we ate the best darn bbq ever. Then went for Mexican that night. Just ate a lot of crap that was not necessary.

I did install a pedometer on my phone though to record my steps and I am shooting for 10,000 a day. I was very successful on Friday and Saturday. Going over my range but only 5k on Sunday and only 890 today! haha....Ill do walk maybe tonight, if my boyfriend goes with me. If not, I am definately running tomorrow. Ok, got to catch up on work since I was out some extra days last week. Talk to you later!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #177  

Hey yall. Sorry i have been absent. But i have a cold. So i am on steroids and antibiotics...... I just hope this doesnt kill my weight loss!! I didnt even feel like working out!!! Hopefully i will fell better and will catch up with everybody soon.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #178  

Hey girls!

Lindy - You are absolutely right - it's much easier to lose weight when you've just broken up or are single. Living with your partner and/or kids would make things a 100x more complicated and I have so much respect for you guys fighting the weight loss battle with tempting junk food in the house! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend - glad to hear it No fancy outfits around here for thanksgiving either. I like to have a dressy top (maybe velvet or sequins or something) for christmas events (usually with jeans, since it's denver) but I haven't found anything I love this year so sounds like I need to do some more shopping

Nessa - So sorry you're not feeling well - hope you get over your cold quickly! Those are some pretty serious medications for a cold - do you maybe have asthma and that complicates things? Taking a break from working out while you're sick is perfectly all right - your body need to focus on healing Keep us posted on how you're doing...

Burgundy - tell us about your big weekend when you get a chance - looking forward to hearing all about it!

Hang in there, all...
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #179  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Nessa - hope you're feeling better! I remember when I was losing weight the first time, I got sick and had to take a break from working out, well, after a week I had a huge WHOOSH. Maybe you will be as lucky? lol

Burgundy - what did you get in your shopping endeavors?

Dance - I realized that I never answered your size question. I currently am wearing a 12 in pants and dresses....comfortably. When I slipped on a 14 the other day because I was feeling bloated, I looked like I was floating in them. When I was down to 170, I was wearing an 8/10 - depending on the brand. That being said. I was thinking about my goal. It was previously 130 and so many people would tell me....thats too low. And then I thought about sizes. And I thought about me being in a size 8 at 170 and have decided to change my ticker to 150. I think that is more reasonable and will put me at the size that I want, which is a size 6. I still want to have some curves. So I am updating my ticker today. So, have you gotten any good workouts in lately Dance? I am going to the gym with a friend today. He lost 200 pounds with working out and he is going to help me focus on doing the same.

Annnnywaaayyy, I have to get working. Ill catch up later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #180  

Lindy - good plan on the revised goal! You are looking so trim in your recent head to toe pics on fb - I think 130 would leave you pretty curveless Size 8 or at best size 6 is my goal but I don't think I was reliably a size 6 back when I was between 130 and 140 so I don't know if I'll get that far. 8 would be really nice though!

Planning on a run in the park today and have book club tonight at a buddy's - should be fun. The ex situation is getting worse rapidly - I'll fill you guys in later when I can face it a little easier. Thank god I started losing weight when I did (wish it had been six months earlier!!) - now I kind of feel like I could get back out there a little in a month or two. *sigh* We'll see...

Hang in there, ladies...