3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #211

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Sounds good, Lindy! My version is going to be a 3 mile run or walk everday, Weds-Sun. We'll see how that goes And good luck with the test...

Yucky day at work - ugh. Not sure if I'll be able to work from home tomorrow as I had hoped - we'll see. Will NOT turn to comfort eating tonight to make myself feel better though - no way. I'm getting antsy about being at a mini-plateau again - you guys know how I get. I think it's been about 6 days straight of no losses while exercising a ton and sticking exactly to my eating plan so I am due for a whoosh! Realistically I know that when I lose quickly for a bit it always slows down after so I just need to be patient. But you know how it is - I'm in a huge hurry to get this weight OFF OF ME! *sigh*

Hope you ladies are having a better day than mine!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #212

Today is looking better than yesterday. Down a pound finally to 183, I'm working from home today, I'm going to run at lunch in the 70 degree weather and I'm wearing a smaller bandaid.

I'm starting on thanksgiving cooking today between conf calls - how about you guys?

Last edited by dancerindenver; 11-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #213

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

HEy everybody!! It has been one crazy week already for me!! The scale is still reading 192.2 so i dont know if the steroids just caught up to me or what...because im still doing so good on food and im working out even with my ankle. Not as hard but its better than no workout!!

Anyway. We had unexpected family show up and my hubby is getting his truck fixed. We added one more family gathering to the thanksgiving mix and i have a ton of cooking to do. So i may be very scarce on here until the weekend!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #214

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls!

Dance - yay for that 1 pound! You are doing so well, dont let little plateaus get the best of you, they are only temporary. When you start to see a plateau, take a break from the scale...maybe a week, at that point you will hop on and see the loss you needed and all frustration will be out the door.

Nessa - it is most definately the steroids. I get steroid shots for my allergies and for the two weeks following, the scale ALWAYS goes UP, UP, UP...then a big whoosh. Dont let it frustrate you, just now its chemicals in your body and your body has to adjust. Keep trucking with your eating and exercise plan.

I will be out of commission after this post. I am off the next 4 days and intend to stay busy with putting up Christmas decorations, shopping and resting. I will catch up on Monday. HAPPY THANKSGIVING GIRLS! Tis the season to stay on track and not be a statistic with all the weight gain. :-D
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #215

Lindy - have a blast with the christmas decorations - that's part of my plan too. I was thinking I'd do everything but the tree and will do that the following weekend. Lights outside are already up but not turned on from when my handymen were here last week.

Got in a nice run this morning and am doing a little more cooking before heading over to my mom's. Down another pound today so I've got something extra to celebrate And breakfast is 5 pieces of bacon and whole fat greek yogurt with blueberries - yum!

I hope all of you have a wonderful thanksgiving with your families!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #216

S/C/G: 240/196/165

Height: 5''7'

Hi guys, I'm new here. I just thought I'd need a place where I can talk to like-minded people to give and get support! How's everybody?
Sugarlisticoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #217

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. Busy week. Helped a friend with her daughters sweet 16 party on Tuesday and Wednesday. Cooked and ate way to much yesterday. Then had the 16 year olds 2 year old sister last night and today. Did a little black Friday shopping but I waited until this evening.

I've been staying away from the scale for the last week and a half or two weeks. I've been eating too much and really don't want to look at it. Maybe in the next few days I'll hop on there, we'll see. I'll do personals tomorrow. I'm exhausted and gonna hit the hay. I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all you ladies helping me on this journey.

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 11-24-2012 at 12:01 AM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #218

Burgundy - sounds like you've been busy! That was so nice of you to help out with the party - I bet it was much appreciated. How were the crowds when you went shopping? I only went to the grocery store yesterday - I couldn't face the retail thing.

So, I made myself write to 7 guys on match.com today - we'll see what happens. I have another 5 or so on my list of possibles and will try to write to them tomorrow. My goal is to have been on at least one date before I'm next in touch with my ex and I'm thinking he may be back in town next weekend. Will keep you guys posted. Am heading out for a run shortly...
Old 11-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #219

Hey girls!
The scale shows me at 183 today so I'm doing my usual of floating back up a pound before it sticks. Oh well. Had a dinner party last night and stuck to my plan so I'm happy about that. I'm planning on running and maybe rollerblading today if it's nice out. I've heard back from three of the guys I wrote yesterday - this whole thing feels really weird but it will get easier I hope.

How are all of you doing?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #220

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody!!!!! So how was everyone's Thanksgiving?? And did anybody go black friday shopping?

It was one crazy week for me!!! Both of the Thanksgiving dinners that we went to were great. And im not that big on holiday food so i didnt eat too much. The only badbthing i ate was a piece of egg custard pie! Now yesterday is a different story. My lil sis came up because she had to work and couldntbe with the family so she wanted to have a dinner with me. And she wanted chinese. So i tried to stay good. I only ate 1 egg roll and 1 spring roll and 2 wontons. The rest was veggies or meats so i tried to not mess up too bad! We shall see

and i only stayed up late friday night to buy my hubbys christmas gift at half price.......no way was i going to fight all the craziness at a store!!

Well i will let you all go for now..... the scale did read 188.4 this morning. Lets hope this time its for good!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #221

Nessa - that's great! That was your thanksgiving goal, right?? Woohoo!

I've set 175 as my xmas goal - no idea if I can do it but I want to try. Anyone want in on a little Christmas goal action??
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #222

Morning chickadees!

I'm totally down for a Christmas goal...I'm shooting for 170, aggressive but I need to push myself. I go on a cruise in 52 days and need to be down to what I was before. I went black Friday shopping...well, actually black Thursday shopping and now I am totally done. I dont have to buy anything else. I did not get my walking in as planned because I was sick from Friday morning...until now. I had to start taking Mucinex yesterday because I need to break up this congestion, the bad thing...and kinda good thing is it is making me nauseated beyond belief. Seriously....if I wasnt sick, I'd think I was pregnant again, lol. Its good because I have absolutely no appetite and want to drink TONS of water. This is good timing right after Thanksgiving to try and shrink my stomach a little bit. I know...I know...weird for looking at the positive in being sick, lol.

Dance - any more progress with those guys you reached out to? Are you still wearing the bandage or is that gone?

Nessa - kudos on your loss! You just keep losing and losing, and you are not having to make major sacrifices, that is awesome!

Sugar - welcome! What is your plan/goal?

Burgundy - time to get on plan girl! You and I have been really eating off plan and we need to rope it back in. How are we going to do this? I told the DBF that he needs to tell me no when I go for something I want that I shouldnt have. He is ok with this because he always says he wants me to be successful. Then I usually yell at him and tell him I can cheat every once and while, lol. But I told him not this time, even if I get mad, make me stick to plan, haha. How sad am I! :-D
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #223

Ok - we are on for christmas goals!!

Dance: 175
Lindy: 170

Who else??

Lindy - the bandage is off, the scar I wanted gone is gone and I'm a new woman! It was a pain while I was all bandaged up but I'm already happy to have had it done which is a pretty quick result. I've now heard from 5 of the 8 guys I wrote to over the weekend (and two of them haven't seen my email yet) so I'm pretty happy about the response rate. We'll see what happens from here. I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds by the weekend - that will help with my willingness to date, I think. Good luck with the no treats plan - is there anyway to reduce the amount of tempting junk food at home for a few weeks or is that too hard on the kids?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #224

No treats in my house is not possible with the kiddos but I think I can deal. I dont over eat on sweets, my shortcoming is lunches which are greasy and fatty. Anyway, lets see what the month of December brings me. I went to the gym at lunch today...was hoping to "sweat" out this cold. No luck yet but my plan is 3 days a week minimum, plus one walk on the weekends. That's enough for my busy schedule.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #225

So, you guys may think I'm nuts but I just scheduled an appt for Dec 19th with a spider vein treatment place as my reward for hitting my thanksgiving goal. Since I have barely been going out at all since the ex and I broke up and I'm mainly shopping in my spare closet (with all of my smaller size stuff), I figure I can afford it and maybe I'll have more incentive to wear shorts when I fit into smaller sizes. You guys are so young - you probably don't have any ugly spider veins, I bet. I'm kind of nervous about it - no one likes needles, right? Lots of time to get mentally prepared between now and then...

ETA - just saw your post, Lindy. Interesting that lunches are your weakness - that's not one of my LOOONG list of weaknesses, oddly. Great job on the gym!! I'm shooting for a run 4x/week - hard when it's dark and cold and vacation/holidays are over but I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by dancerindenver; 11-26-2012 at 03:14 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote