3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #241

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Wow snow! That is an amazing loss. Dying to know, what are you doing?

I'm loving the goals girls - we can definately do this! Im realizing how aggressive my goal was and am a little scared, lol. I have a cruise coming though so I need to push myself harder than ever.

Nessa - kudos on another pound down.

Burgundy - your exercise plan sounds great!

Dance - I use to meet my guys for coffee, I actually preferred that because if we didnt click, it was quick and painless, lol.

I am doing at minimun...45 minutes a day at the gym, some days...over an hour. I am trying to eat low carb, but not no carb. I did slip up this morning bc I bought a candy bar froma co-worker who was selling it for her kid but Ill be going to the gym. What do you guys think of cheats every once and a while? I mean...do any of you have candy or some cake here or there? I mean...like once a week? Or do you think it sabotages your whole effort? Just curious.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #242

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Lindy..... I am so with you on my goal..... I think it was a little aggressive on the number. Esp. Since i will miss several days if the gym! Im a little concerned about my goal too!!!

As far as the cheating goes....... As long as you can control yourself and not eat a gallon of ice cream or 10 candy bars at a time......i think cheats are ok. If i didnt cheat occasionally i would go crazy!!!!! And hey it might slow my weight loss depending on what and how much i eat......but that is better than me depriving myself and eventually breaking and going on one huge binge and totally wrecking my diet. But i think everyOne is different so some people im sure cant cheat at all! But thats just my 2 cents
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #243

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

snowstar - welcome!

burgundy - Your soup kitchen work sounds great - what a neat thing to be doing. I bet it puts everything in perspective, right? And you're right, I need to write to a few more guys to generate some more options - I'll do that tonight. Hey - what's your christmas goal? If you're doing 30DS, do you usually see results quickly? I can't remember.

Got in my cold, dark run last night and am planning on another one tonight. I need a whoosh! I keep hovering between 182 and 183 and I'm ready to get to see a new number!!

ETA - Lindy and Nessa - I missed seeing your posts when I posted.

Lindy - Since I'm doing such a strange (higher fat, less than 50g of carbs/day) plan to cure my carb addiction, I haven't cheated (except for a second glass of wine once or twice). I'm also strangely not really tempted to cheat since my cravings have gone away. Maybe you'll see something similar as you lower your carbs, who knows. I'm nervous about my xmas goal too, especially since I've been plateauing all week! We'll get there, I hope.

Nessa - May as well shoot for the stars, right? Hope you get to your goal!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 11-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #244

182.0 today so I'm within a tenth of making it to 181 which was my goal for a different challenge - the lose 10lbs by 12/1 - I better see the right number on the scale tomorrow! Am running with a friend after work and am going to be extra careful with what I eat.

How's everyone doing?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #245

Hey girls...today is a bad food day for me but I was planning on it.

I cant go to the gym today because I am going out right after work and didnt want to have that disheveled look. For breakfast I had an Strawberry banana Atkins shake - no Im not on Atkins but they are good meal replacements so I keep them in stock. Anyway, onto lunch...my peer and I rotate and she picked Red Lobster....nooooo, not cheddar bay biscuits! YES! Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I wont get into the nitty gritty but just know...I consumed 1845 calories at lunch! But not, it doesnt stop there....we are going to meet a friend for birthday drinks after work and then onto a Sushi dinner with a different group of friends. Ill just consider this a HORRIBLE day and move past it. But I may skip weigh in this week in fear. I plan on doing a bike ride tomorrow morning, then cleaning all day and depending how I am feeling, I might end my day with P90x to make up for today.

Dance - kudos on your continued weight loss! I am SO jealous of your discipline! What do you have planned for the weekend?

Nessa - is this a long weekend for you? I remember you saying you had a lot of vacation time to go through.

So - as much as I love the holidays...sometimes I hate the holidays. The food isnt terrible for me...ok, ok...minus today but it is the social gatherings and drinks. What do you guys love/hate about the holiday season?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #246

Dance- that is so awesome!!!!! You are so.close!! U got this. I am also jealous of you!!!!!! Have you planned any coffee dates.or anything?

Lindy- one day of bad eating wont kill you..im sure.you will be fine. But dont feel bad........i wanted.chinese green beans today. So i went.to buffet.city and got a to-go plate. While i ate a ton of green beans i did have honey and sesame chicken and a.couple of the wontons. But that.is all i have eaten today......so hopefully it wont mess me up too bad!!!! Yes. This is my second 5 day weekend.......its killing me!!!!!! I love the time off work and all but dang i miss the gym!!!!! So while i long for my days off and will miss the heck out of them when they are over my diet and weight will be soooooooooo much better!!!!!! lol

that is also why i am so scare on here lately. I am hangingbout with my sister and.cousins and wrapping Christmas etc. It really has been crazy around here lately. My sis thank goodness has decided to stay in college 1 more semester to get her degree then she is moving off to go to fashion design school. And we are close so its.still stinging a little bit! But i know she has to go create her.own life and she will do well..... We were all just worried that after 5 years of college she was going to just quit...... So its been crazy!! Wow.... I didnt mean to go on and on about my life but that is what has been going on with me. The last scale reading i.got was yesterday 189.8 so i look forbit to be over 190 before i get back to work on tuesday. But i have 4 gym days next week!!!! Yea....but.im prob gonna be sore!!!!! I do so much better on plan when im working!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #247

Lindy - sounds like a tough day to keep calories low with all you
had going on - how did you do at the sushi place?

Nessa - your long weekend sounds great to me! Can you talk your sis into joining you for a walk?

The scale finally cooperated today and I'm at 181. Six more to go for my Xmas goal. I'm going to go through my current closet to get rid of stuff that looks too big and see if there's anything in my smaller sizes closet that fits now. Got an email from another match guy and will write him back. And still have the coffee date planned for tomorrow - will let you guys know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #248

Omg omg.omg. The scales says 188.2 this morning............ Am i finally out.of the 190's??????? My fam. Will be up here shortly so ill get on her later and catch up!!!!!

Dance...... She might go. I havent asked. But.my dog always enjoys walks....so i cant let him down! Lol
Old 12-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #249

Nice work, Nessa!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #250

Morning, girls!
Down another pound today - finally a whoosh between yesterday and today. I have the weirdest pattern - 2lbs a week lost over two days of the week then the rest of the week maintaining or floating back up a pound until the next week. Do you guys have that issue at all?

I set my profile to visible on match and am getting lots of emails. Not necessarily from guys that meet my criteria but I'll give them a chance over email and we'll see. I'm a little nervous about the coffee date this afternoon - wish me luck!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #251

Dance.... I have that same problem.... I will maintain or gain for a week or so then all of the sudden im down one day.... Its the oddest thing. Thank goodness im not alone tho....but it can be very discouraging.

How did your coffee date go?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #252

Nessa - maybe someday we will actually understand our weight loss patterns. Until then it's a bit random!

Coffee date went well and lasted for 3.5 hrs. Nothing like the major connection I had with my ex on our firstdate but I would happily go out with this guy again. In other news, the ex is back in town and called and left a vmail asking me to call him earlier today. I'm going to wait a few days to call him back just to give myself a little more space. And will try not to see him for a few more weeks. Sound like the right plan to you guys?

Got in a good run earlier and lots of going up and downstairs while cleaning up earlier. How'd everyone else do for exercise?

Last edited by dancerindenver; 12-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #253

Morning, girls! Having a bit of a whoosh weekend - down to 179. So now my weight will probably not budge for ages but happy to be in a new decade.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #254

Morning girls! I always drop off on the weekends and then it takes me a few to catch up on all the good things I missed.

Nessa - I welcome your story about your sister. The reason we all get along so well is because we have told stories about us outside of our weight loss journey. It makes things more relateable. On that note....so happy to hear your sister is staying in school. I had several friends who dropped out of college ages ago and now they are all going back. Kinda the same for me...but I never started, lol. KUDOS on your loss, I think it is safe to say you are out of the 190's!

Dance - I was super excited to see how the date went. Some dates are not always instant connnections, sometimes you grow fond of the persons personality in time. Have you talked to them since? Making your profile public was a good idea. Although uncomfortable at times.....in my oppinion I was always wondering if someone I knew would see my profile but then I was like "hey...they have one too, what am I sweating this for" lol. SO, SO, SO proud that you did not call your ex back immediately. I am a firm believer in distance makes the heart grow fonder and I think you are making all the right moves. On a separate note....SO jealous of your whoosh! Congratulations! You will be at your xmas goal in no time!

Ok, didnt hop on the scale this weekend and I am not planning on it. I did not do well with sushi because they had so many amazing specialty rolls that I indulged in a little bit of everything. My dbf liked my outfit so he took a picture of me in it - UGH, I looked like a bloated cow. I am going hard at the gym now and am more destined to take this weight off than ever. It is do depressing to see a pic that you THINK you look great and then you look blech! Anyway, I am in a good mood and am focused. Ill catch up later!

Burgundy - where are you????
Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #255

Ok, quick post before I head out for the night.

Got my workout in today and feel great. I have a lot of cleaning to do tonight because my bf's father is coming to visit us in a couple days so you know how that is, lol. So maybe Ill burn some more calories in super cleaner mode. haha

How is everyone doing with food and exercise today?