Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody!! Sorry i have been mia! I have a terrible cold. So i am now on my 2nd round of antibiotics and my second round of steroids!!!! I still feel horrible but made nyself go workout on my lunch break. So theres a plus!!!

Im really hoping that it doesnt mess up my weight.loss too bad....... But i was up to 194.4 this morning . Any tips???

Ill catch up with yall later!! Happy tuesday!!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #182  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Dance - I am anxiously waiting to hear what is going on with the ex. Just remember...sometimes an ex is an ex for a reason. It is hard but realisitic sometimes. Hope everything is ok. You will most definately be ready to get out there in the coming months, heck, maybe when you are least expecting it...a holiday party perhaps? You will meet someone.

Nessa - hope you are on the mend soon. I have heard working out can be detrimental to getting better but I have also heard it could be beneficial to "sweating" things out. My tip would be to enjoy the rest time and stick with liquids and soup. When I get sick I eat a lot less, is that the case with you? You could most definately be retaining water because of the steroids so I would stay off the scale for the next week...if possible.

Ok, got to wrap up for the day. Not as excited as I was this morning about going to the gym but I know I have to make it a habit and then I will. I used to LOVE going to the gym...*sigh*...I wish that would happen already. I am SUPER bloated today, pants are snug, so I am destined to get moving.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #183  

Dancer- that is awesome on the 188!!! And yes i have asthma so it always complicates any sickness! Lucky me! Lol i just hope that the now 2 rounds of antibiotics and 2 rounds of steroids arent too detremental to.my weight loss!!! But at least the hunger hasnt been too bad as it normally is but i still am not a fan of steroids!! Sorry about ur ex. But lucky is right he is prob. An ex for a reason and u will find someone amazing!!!

Lucky- i sure hope you you are right.... A whoosh would be awesome!! lol thats awesome that you have a friend that can work out with you and help you lose weight!! I normally just put my ipod on shuffle and go! Yes i normally eat less when i'm sick. But for whatever reason when they put me on steroids i can not lose weight normally i gain!! I hope its just water weight like you said!! Hopefully if i do gain it wont be alot.

i felt better once i started working out but im pretty wore out now! I cant wait for 5 so i can go home!!! Lol im glad i made myself work out tho! I know i will end up weighing every day i just cant make myself not weigh! I thibk its because i am so worried i will gain all my weight back!! I just have to not let myself get depressed over the numbers!!!

And lucky i am like you i always dread going to the gym.... But once i get there its awesome. Stick with it you will get your groove back!

Thanks yall! You are great!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ok - the good news is I made my thxgiving goal a week early. The less good news is my ex has some past baggage to deal with and it looks like his idea of how to deal with it (and hopefully to get past it) is to casually date other women for a while. I know it sounds totally nuts and it's embarrassing to have to write but he felt like a loser when he was younger and I guess needs to get out there to fix that. I'm spending time with him again today and then I'm going to tell him to go do his thing and get it out of his system. We both want to be together long term so we'll see what happens. But he can't have me and them at the same time so it'll be tough for a while (I'll miss him) and I'm definitely going to start dating other people (at least once I've lost a bit more weight). I'm thinking I may try to see him for something day-time and casual occasionally to remind him of what he's missing but maybe once a month or so. Any advice?

Nessa - hope you're feeling better today!

Burgundy - we miss you! hope you get a chance to fill us in on your weekend adventures soon.

Lindy - You are always so supportive - I know you get how complicated guy stuff can be Lots of shades of gray in my world right now. Hope things are going well for you guys.

Last edited by dancerindenver; 11-14-2012 at 11:30 AM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #185  

Nessa - kudos on the workout! How are you feeling today? What kind of workouts do you get in?

Dance - maybe dating each other is exactly what both of you need to make it together in the long run. Here is an interesting story. Gawd, I have a crazy amount of guy stories from my dating experiences. My ex-husband and I dated for a while and then one day out of the blue he said he wanted a break to date other people, this totally threw me off guard but Im not one to let a man see me cry so I smiled and said ok. We took a break for about 4 months, occassionally we would talk. Maybe to wish him a happy birthday or happy holiday (it was around this time); and if I knew he was going some place I showed up one time (I didnt make it a habit, just did it ONCE). Now, this was a gamble cause he could have easily been with another girl but I went with it. Well, after that one instance, in which case I was looking...AH-MAZING, if I do say so myself, lol, he called to meet up with me 3 weeks later. After that he begged me to take him back. Not asked poilitely...begged. It was the weirdest thing. Its like, he knew I was doing awesome and really did not think I would just say "sure" so he wanted to get his point across. Ok, long...dragged out story but point is - THIS CAN HAPPEN! I would honestly try to make yourself limited, just when it is absolutely necessary. And who say's you cannot date now? You can date and still lose weight? I mean...I am all about empowering yourself and working towards building confidence. On that note - CONGRATS ON HITTING YOUR THANKSGIVING GOAL!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #186  

Dance- thats good that yall can date. Maybe it will make things better.

Lindy- even if i dont feel good....i make myself go to the gym during lunch. I get 50-60 minutes on the elliptical and i try to make myself work hard. So i hope it pays off!!

I did see 192.2 this morning......crossing my.fingers!!

I.will catch up with yall later... I have to get some sleep. Hope yall have a great day filled with weight.loss!!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I'm finally back, lol. Been home for a few days just been busy.

Neesa-are you feeling better? Good job getting to the gym. My dogs are 5 and 4, they sleep so much better when we walk at least 2 miles in the evening. They have so much energy if we don't walk.

Dance-wow!!!! 185, you rock. I don't think my goal is in the cards for me. My sister had the same situation with he husband except it was her that wanted to "sow her wild oats". Her husband is from new Zealand so he went home and she stayed in the states and started seeing other people. This went on for about 6 months, then she realized how much he husband meant to her and how much she missed him. So she bought a ticket to new Zealand in march 2007 and has been there with him ever since. So i say see other people for a while. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Lindy-i love zumba. I definitely think its worth it. I bought the new one a few days ago, zumba core. Gonna try it out tomorrow. I'm still crafting but have a lot of inventory so haven't made much. I sold a few things this weekend to my friends. I have a pedometer on my phone but always forget to turn it on.

I had fun shopping this weekend. I didn't buy a lot. Got my niece a brownie baking kit and my nephew a Mario checkers set. I only got myself a new shirt. Then just a few other small items for stockings. I'm gonna make my mom a necklace, bracelet and earring set. My sister has requested a certain kind of earrings so I'll make those too.

The scale was still at 191 when I got home on monday. I don't think its ever going to move for me. Gonna stay off of it this week. I did zumba tonight, burned almost 800 calories.

My throat is feeling scratchy, I hope I don't get sick. I've already had one cold this fall. I dont want another one so soon. Hope everyone is having a good week.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #188  

Morning ladies - well, my arms are hurting BAD from Tuesday's workout. I woke up at 3 am in so much pain I had to take 3 advil. I dont think I did anything "too" extreme in weight, so I just feel really bad that I am this out of shape that by body hurts so bad. I did not work out last night because I had some stuff I needed to get done but I plan on doing the gym tonight.

Burgundy - I hope you're not getting sick! Wow, it really seems to be going around these days. Tis the season. Just fuel up on zinc...that was my lifesaver last month.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #189  

Hey everyone!!!! I think im finally on the mend!! I still dont feel great but 110% better from monday!! And the scales said 191.2!!!!! Who hoo!!!!!! I might hit my goal. But even if i dont i will not be upset. Any loss is progress!!!

Burgundy- my dog is 1 & 1/2. And he is just like your dogs. If we dont work off some of his energy in the evening he is soooooo high strung when we are trying to relax! Lol how long do you do zumba to burn 800 calories??? I have it on wii but i feel stupid dancing in my.living room......and the hubby finds its pretty comical as well! Lol And i hope you dont get sick. It seems like the stuff going around this year is so hard to get over!!!!

Dance- that is so awesome that you met your thanksgiving goal a week early!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Lindy- holy cow!!! That is awful that you woke up hurting!!! Dont over do it in the gym!!!! But it could be a good sign too that you are working out right!! I have been sore but never hurting so bad i woke ip or needed meds........maybe i need to re-evaluate! Lol

Hope all you ladies have a good day!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #190  

Hey girls! First of all *big hugs* to all of you for being so sweet and encouraging. You guys mean a lot to me!

Nessa - So glad you're feeling a bit better - being sick and trying to stick to plan is seriously tough! And goal or not, you are totally headed in the right direction which is all that the goals are there to encourage in my mind.

Burgundy - glad you had fun on your shopping outing! I appreciate hearing the story about your sis - whether or not it goes that way for us, I think I can use the time now to work on myself and be better for it either way Try taking some extra vitamin D capsules along with your zinc - I swear it helps! I haven't had a cold in the year since I started doing that.

Lindy - ooooh - sorry about the sore muscles - that sounds brutal. You remind me that I need to go do my upper body workout ASAP! Thanks, sweetie, for the story about your ex - it really helped on a tough day for me.

On the weight loss front, I'm down to 184 but I have been on the weirdest eating plan due to all this emotional stuff. I just hope I can keep it off once I get my appetite back. Just saw my ex for the last time for a while - probably about three weeks if not more. He wants to take salsa classes with me in December - I'm thinking about it. That would mean seeing each other roughly once a week. Might make it harder for me to get some distance so I'm not sure. And he might change his mind about it if he gets too busy dating or something. We'll see.

Gonna head out for a run and do my weights. Hope you guys are doing well...

ETA - forgot to mention that I am now only 'overweight', not 'obese' according to BMI. Small woohoo!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 11-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #191  

Omg omg.omg!!!!! What a productive day for me!!!!! I did awesome o. Plan and did 60 minutes on the elliptical and made 4.51 miles and burned 600 calories. Did really.good with my eating. Got home...... Walked the dog for 1.90 miles.....then the problem came. The hubby wanted to bring food home.and wanted applebees. Well no problem there. The problem was he threw a fit for me to make a decision right then and i couldnt look at the menu because he was so close etc. So i just blurted out the 3 cheese chicken pene. Badddddddddd decision. Its 34 points by its self not including the breadstick (i'm only allowed 30 points per day).

But i was so proud of myself...... I took it out and divides it into 4's. And i only ate 1/4 of it!!!!! So go me!!!! Only 9 points and i still have like 2 to spare!!!!! Ahhhhhhh i love how my attitude changes so much when im working out!! Ill catch up with yall tomorrow!! Have a great night!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #192  

You are a rock star, Nessa! Great job!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #193  

Omg!!!!! Guess what i saw on the scales this morning?????? 189.8!!!! I know my weight changes every day so i dont want to count my chicks before they are hatched......but only 4 pds. Away from my 10 pd. Goal by dec 1 and good riddance 190'!!!!!! Lol
Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #194  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa131 View Post
Omg!!!!! Guess what i saw on the scales this morning?????? 189.8!!!! I know my weight changes every day so i dont want to count my chicks before they are hatched......but only 4 pds. Away from my 10 pd. Goal by dec 1 and good riddance 190'!!!!!! Lol
I envy you! I'm at EXACTLY 190.0.
What a pain in the gut.
but CONGRATZ!!!
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #195  

I promise...keep working.... It will happen to you too!! I went up to 194 at the begining of the week and then bam today good news!!!

You ladies are all amazing and i would have already quit if it wasnt for yall!!!! Big hugs and thank you!!!!!!