Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - way to go on the workout!! And cleaning is great exercise. Doing well on food so far and am planning a walk with a buddy tonight. Thanks for your advice as always - I'm planning to wait until Tues or Weds to call him back.

And no, I haven't heard from the guy yesterday yet but that's okay. If he doesn't get in touch, I'm not sure that I will - I'm not really in the mood to push anything, although it might be nice to be friends with him if the other side of things doesn't work. We'll see, I guess. There is one guy who gets back in town today that I'm supposed to meet for a drink later this week and another guy that wants to meet soon for drinks and/or dinner - the more options the better right now, right?

Burgundy - hope we hear from you soon! Curious to know how things are going at the soup kitchen.

Nessa - keep up the good work!!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Dance.... I will never undrrstand the weight loss pattern. I will also never understand how you can fluctuate so much. I can be down one day and up by 3 the next........ I havent weighed much since being off.....and man oh man i have gotten spoiled. But it will be nice to get back to work tomorrow and working out!! 4 days this week!!! Whoot whoot i can not wait to get started back again i have missed the elliptical! So i will be weighing every morning now. I have a few days here and there off but no long run like this one until christmas. Then its 6 days off. I am going to have to work extra hard this month. I am so proud of you for not calling him back yet and making him wait!!! Absence makes the heart grow fonder! And so glad your coffee date went so well!! And you never know you may find the more you hang out with him.you may find you loke him even more. And kudos for the weight loss......i can wait to be in the 170's!!!!

Lindy- i think it helps that we do know more about each other than just the weight loss. Im glad shes staying in school.... Im 16 hours away from my bachelors degree and can not force myself to go back!!!! Now we just gotta work on her boyfriend Choices! Ha i highly doubt you look like a bloated cow..... U.look beautiful in ur avatar pic!!! And sushi cant be that bad for you can it? I love it but there not too many safe places here.to eat it and my hubby hates it........so its rare that i get to partake. Awesome on going to the gym.... I can not wait to get started back tomorrow.

You know i.always said i wanted to be a stay at home mom.....and dont get me wrong i have enjoyed the days off and all. But i dont think that i could sit at home all day every day. I would have to find something to do!!!!!! Welp i have to pack my gym bag and get everything ready for tomorrow so i will catch yall later!!!!!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I'm way behind again so time to catch up.

Lindy-your plan for the gym sounds good. I think everyone needs a "cheat" every once in a while. Mine is 70% dark chocolate. I love the stuff. Did you end up doing p90x? I hate seeing pictures of myself. Usually I try for just head and shoulders, lol. Cleaning should burn some more calories. I have laundry to do tonight, carrying it back and forth should burn a few.

Dance-i love working at the soup kitchen. I was there today and go back Thursday. We were short a few people today so we were doubling up on duties but I was used to that at Kmart. The people that come in are so grateful, its just an awesome feeling. 179!!!!!!! You're amazing. Glad your coffee date went well. Have any other guys gotten in touch?

Nessa-enjoy your time with your sister. My tiwin sister moved to new Zealand in 2008 and I haven't seen her since. We Skype but its not the same.
Back to the gym tomorrow, right?

My workouts are going great. I just finished day 6 of 30DS. I took before pics so I'm hoping to see a noticeable difference at the end. 19 days til we leave for alabama , maybe the scale will drop for me before then. Gotta call my mom and start planning my sisters 40th birthday party. Any creative ideas? We are going with all black, lol. We're also planning my nieces 9th birthday party. I think she wants to do a glow in the dark party. Its gonna be a full 2 weeks when we get down there.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #259  

Welcome.back burgundy!!!!!! Been wondering what was going on with you!!!! Yup im back to the gym tomorrow!!!! 4 days this week.

As for the party..... Well when we did the 50th for my dad. Of course all black and i made a cake with a headstone and a fake foot coming out of the "grave" it had worms in it even!! The headstone said RIP kyle's youth..... At 50 you have one foot in the grave! We had older than dirt dessert (the oreo dirt pudding dessert.) my favorite was the hershey kisses. I bought the 3/4 inch white circles at walmart and printed kiss your on the top of the circle and on the bottom.of the circle goodbye. And in the middle i added things like a pair of glasses and wrote eyesight. Or health etc. and on his favorite tyoes of candy bard we got stickers and wrote stuff like the sound of your bones will be: and put that label next to the nane: crunch! I love planning parties! They are so much fun! But some people wouldnt have been able to take everything we did to my dad...... He just laughed at it all!

Good luck with all the planning

I may have to find my pics of that party and post a few!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #260  

Well i weighed.......and the good news is from nov27 to today i havent gained any........but i was 188.2 one day. Im 191.4 this morning..... Ugh. More motivation at the gym today!!!!! I hope you ladies have a good day!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #261  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls!

Burgundy - is your work soup kitchen paid or volunteer? Just curious. We cannot get enough volunteers at our local kitchen so they do have to pay people. I like the glow in the dark theme party, I am also a fan of anyone who finds a reason to throw an 80's party. Those are so much fun and its like Halloween, you get to dress up.

Nessa - you still very well may want to be a stay at home mom. When you have a kid, it is TOTALLY different. I wish I could be a stay at home mom but sadly, it will never be in the cards. Unless that Billionaire I have been searching for happens to show up, haha. Sorry about the gain but you know the drill...it is likely water weight. I couldnt weigh myself everyday, I would grow so bothered. On days I am feeling "light", I hop on the scale and then take that number and run with it, lol...for like, errrr, a week or more, haha.

Dance - how often are you weighing in these days? Today is Tuesday so I assume you will be calling your ex. If its not to much to pry...keep us posted on the details, lol.

Well, my DBF had an interview on Friday and if he was hired, he would have heard from them yesterday. Sadly...he didnt. It is so sad and frustrating. I am glad that I am exercising again but I can feel my mind/body fighting depression. I hate not having the funds to do everything we want to do and I hate even more that I have put myself in debt over this guy and his kids. You can tell I am growing frustrated with him and really, its out of his control. I just feel like if I wasnt in the picture, he would push himself harder but because I am here as a "fallback", he is not. Today is definately not a good mental day for me, sorry to be Debbie Downer.

Anyway, I am going to work out shortly, so hopefully that will bring my endorphines up and I will have a happier post this afternoon.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #262  

Ok, got my workout in and I am feeling better.

Dance - quick question. You are doing low-carb. How many grams are you consuming a day?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #263  

Lindy...... Believe me i wish i wasnt obsessed with the scale!!!! It gets very frustrating at times!!! But i knew after my 5 day slack off that it was gonna be bad!! Lol and who knows if we ever do have kids i may enjoy the stay at home mom thing. We have waited 7 years so far because we want to be financially stable before we do.......so if we keep waiting for the perfect time....... I guess ill be a dog mom the rest of my life! Lol but hey they are always hapoy to see you and dont talk back!!!! Ha!!!

Ah i just got my hour elliptical workout in. I wish we had the extra money to hire a personal trainer cause i know i would drop this weight then...... But until we win the lotto...... I will be doing it on my own!! Lol its funny how sometimes i dont want to go but i go ahead and force.myself too and i feel sooooo much better after!!! Welp back to work for me. Catch yall leter. Hope your all having a great day!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #264  

Lindy - *big hug* You are in a really tough spot and I feel for you. Being the sole provider of a blended family is so much pressure and definitely has a huge impact on your personal financial goals, etc. Can you ask him to consider taking something part-time (even outside his field) that would contribute in the meantime while he looks for the right job? Could be seasonal work given the time of year, I suppose. Maybe not though, if it affected his ability to be available for interviews. I'm sure it's not an easy one to solve. He is crazy lucky to have you - that goes without saying. You may be right about his pushing less hard - that must be really frustrating. Glad you'll be fitting in a workout soon.

To answer your question, I weigh everyday right now and although it makes me totally nuts when there are minor water weight fluctuations, I've found that it gets dangerous for me when I stop weighing - that's when my weight starts to go back up again. And as we've discussed, THIS IS THE LAST TIME EVER for me to go through this weight loss process. Once I'm at goal, I will NEVER let the scale get above 160 (I think that's the right upper limit - may revise that later). My mom is my height and weighs 120-125 but we have very different body types (hers is boyish, straight up and down, mine not so much )

Nessa - I'm sure that's just water weight but I bet you are so ready to see the end of those 190s that keep popping up on the scale. Hope it goes well at the gym. What kind of workout will you be doing?

So, situation with the ex - I ended up calling last night. Apparently I couldn't wait until today. Weak, I am weak! He may end up coming over for a bit tonight to help me decorate the tree but I'm going to keep things platonic. And I'll plan on not seeing him again for weeks so that he can miss me. I'm trading emails as we speak with another guy to set up a date at a wine bar so I haven't stopped trying to generate other options. Haven't heard back yet from the Sunday guy but it's only Tuesday, right?

Hope you guys are kicking butt with food and exercise!

ETA - Just saw your question, Lindy. I'm keeping carbs between 20 and 40g, more or less. I haven't been tracking lately as I'm kind of used to doing it on autopilot now. Carbs are coming from some berries, some nuts, and carrots and tomatoes in my green salads. No grains or starches with the exception of 2-3 baby potatoes since September. Oh, and some Mary's Gone Crackers flax crackers sometimes. How did you handle the carb thing on Atkins?

Last edited by dancerindenver; 12-04-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #265  

Hey ladies!

Dance - you are soooo not weak. Waiting even a day is better than calling back immediately, so the fact that you called is not a bad thing. In the future, if you make plans, I would stretch it out a couple more days from when you spoke. I wouldnt worry too much about the Sunday guy, some guys play hard to get in hopes the girl will pursue them. That happened to me more times than I can count. I was at 20g or less when I did Atkins, it was hard. The one thing I look forward to is half an avocado and that actually has a ton of carbs but it was allowed. Anyway, I am trying to do low carb now with working out. Ive never done that combo before. I either did Atkins and no exercise or I exercised and ate normal (or was on WW).

Nessa- if you go on Livestrong they give you sample workout plans that are equal to that of a personal trainer. The only problem is that the trainers push you hard, lol. I had one a couple years ago and was in the best shape of my life because even when I wasnt feeling it, he made me feel the burn, haha. Your comment about fur-babys made me giggle, lol.

Ok, so we are early into December. Any Christmas parties or bad temptations coming your way? I have TONS of social outings every single weekend until the second weekend of January but then the 3rd weekend of January I go on my cruise so what I keep telling myself is...you cant cheat. I am a major social butterfly with many kids activities and different groups of friends, and I always will be. Therefore I need to get my act together and adapt to the struggles. Do you all tell yourselfs anything to stay motivated or on track?

Ok, got to get to work. I will catch up later. Hey....just curious because we are all friends, what does everyone do for work? If you are not comfortable answering, I completely understand. I work for the government as an Executive Asst. I actually downgraded my title and position to get into the government because I use to be a Manager at a Radiology office for the local hospital chain.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #266  

Hey girls! Down another pound - 3lbs left for my xmas goal - hoping to blow that one out of the water if I can but I'll probably plateau before then. Nice to be making progress though.

Lindy - so, turns out I'm not so good at keeping things platonic Oh well - I had fun and kept things light. I won't see him for a few weeks and he's gone for a week at xmas so may not see him till after - who knows. He was very appreciative of my weight loss. Would love to lose a significant amount before the next time I see him.

Tons of xmas stuff coming up - two cookie parties later this week and I'm having friends over for a holiday happy hour on Saturday - so, yeah - temptation city but I think I'm going to do okay. Most likely problem will be exceeding my target for glasses of wine but I'll manage it.

I have another date on Sunday at a wine bar - will keep you guys posted on how that goes. Last Sunday's guy texted that he's going out of town on a trip that he mentioned earlier as of this weekend so he won't be around for a few weeks. I'm going to see if he can fit in a drink before he leaves but not too worried about it if he can't.

For work, I run a process improvement team that saves money for the company. Hey - what's going on on the school front? Any new developments?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #267  

Hey girls. I had a HUGE burger for lunch but no bun, no sides, just meat and water and still fell into my calorie range for the day. Ya know what is funny about eating low carb, although I miss certain "foods", I am so much less hungry when I am eating primarily protein. I eat what seems like HUGE portions of protein but fill up way more than a small bowl of pasta or something.

I didnt work out at lunch so I have to go to the gym after work. I kinda planned it that way though because its my cardio day and I can do the eliptical for an hour easy watching the news so it really is not that bad. I only work out 4 days a week. I might bump that up eventually but right now I am good with it.

Dance - you are too funny. Im not gonna lie, I try to stay "Strong" for you but a girl has needs, lol, not to mention it is always hard when it is someone you are comfortable with, it just makes sense. Just keep your distance girly and wait back and see. Did any mention come of his old HS friend? Not to bring up harsh things, just hoping it went horribly bad, heehee. I am thrilled to hear the coffee guy contacted you, that is always a good sign.

Ah, school. It starts in January and I have 4 classes! Yikes! I started with a pre-major in Sign Language Interpretation but I quickly found out that the only college I can transfer to get my Master UF, and that is VERY far from me. So, I am now just getting in my basics and toggling between a Bachelors in Public Relations and Communications or Speech Pathology. Then I can do UCF, which is what I want to do.

Ok, sorry girls, I am babbling like crazy today, lol. Got lots to do at work and Im just not feelin' it.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #268  

Dnace - I totally missed the loss! You are amazing! I mean truly amazing! So proud of your weight loss! I hope to catch up soon. :-D
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #269  

Lindy - totally agree on feeling more full doing the low carb thing. Good job on the bunless burger!! On the weight loss thing, I know you understand that the only reason I'm losing like this is that my weird life situation has me super crazy motivated. If I were happily paired up like all of you, this would so not be happening at this speed. It's just the only thing I feel like I can really control right now and it gives me a focus.

And yes, as always you are totally right. I will not be in touch for as long as I can stand it. Need to give him time to miss me. On the visit to the HS girl front, he was only there for 3 days and it sounds like it went okay but not out of this world which I was kind of glad to hear.

Am going to take a day off from working out and do some cooking for the happy hour thing I'm doing on Saturday (followed by going to bed early to catch up on all the sleep I missed last night). Hope you all are doing well on food and exercise!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Neesa-good ideas on the party. If you have pictures, I would like to see some. How's it going at the gym this week?

Lindy-the soup kitchen is all volunteers. So my sister oves the 80s, so I mentioned that you had said an 80s party is always awesome. She loved the idea, now its a glow in the dark 80s party. Gonna be so much fun. Is the bf having any luck finding a job. There should be places hiring seasonal help right now. I have a christ as party this weekend. I'm doing the grapefruit diet again. I always see results with it so its my go to. I'm gonna stick to it and not cheat(that's the plan, right) To answer your question, I don't actually have a "job" right now. Just crafting. I was a nanny for 2 boys for almost 5 years but they are both in school now and their parents are divorced so they divide their time with the boys now. I still see them often. I've been thinking about finding another family but I don't want to do live in since I have a husband. Then again I really want to become a nurse or get a degree in early childhood development.

Dance-are you in bed, you must of had one "tiring" night last night, lol. Great job on the 3 lbs. You're gonna be a skinny mini soon. Have fun on your sunday date, let us know how it goes.

I finished day 8 of 30ds. If my sister wasn't doing it with me I'm sure I would have quit by now. Only 22 more days of it left. We leave for AL in 16 days. I want to be out of the 190s by then. I'm doing good with diet and exercise so I have faith in myself this time.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote