Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Yesterday and today weren't to good for me physically. Don't think I got rested after that long drive. I should have stuck with my original plan and broke that up inot 4 hours drives. I still have a headache. I think part of this is due to my sinuses. I've take some Aleve and will take some more.

-------
Michelle
I need to declutter and clean My kitchen is a horrible mess, but I haven't felt like cleaning it.

Mel
The weather was cooler up in the mountains but there was also some heavy rain too.

Happy
Enjoy the blue berry picking.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #212  

Morning all.

Mel - Nice you got to enjoy some of the day outdoors on Saturday in peace! Sorry last night wasn't quiet for you. Poor Jen, hope she doesn't go stir crazy staying off her feet.

Michelle - Good for you getting some decluttering done - a bit at a time certainly helps. Sorry you didn't get to Festa Italiana... Glad you like your new phone. I think mine can be replaced sometime in Sept., but not sure. Bf got his new phone subsequent to that and we added my mother to our plan sometime in the past couple years...have no idea if changes like that restart the contract period. We've been with our cell phone co for years now, so I don't even know if it applies. I'm so clueless about this stuff. Naturally something is always unsatisfactory with bf's phone, and so he's chomping at the bit to get a new one, but he's supposedly waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out. He was having issues and did a "jailbreak" on his phone (whatever that is) a while back and is having other issues with it now and is contemplating converting it back. Sigh. I've been on the architecture cruise twice - very informative, and I just love the architecture in this town!

Ellen - How did the kids do with your brother yesterday? That was a long stretch for him. At least he had some help at church.

Ceejay - I hope you're all rested up from your long drive. Re cruises on the Mississippi river - I've heard radio ads about cruises that are up north here - starting in Dubuque, Iowa I think, and might be 2- or 3-day cruises. It would be interesting.

Happy - Thanks for the clarification between the blood thinners vs. anticoagulants. Good luck to dh on the latter. Hope you're up and on your way to blueberry picking. I just love a warm muffin chock full of juicy fresh blueberries. Any more sightings??

Shad - Did you ever find your post, lol?

Annie - Ouch re the stubbed toe!! And again the lack of a good night's sleep. Sure hope you cut off the caffeine today and catch up on your sleep tonight. What a good guy C is to get up on the roof and do that hot work up there. I was looking at our shingles and don't see any missing, but some look like they could be reglued or something.... poor Chris doing that daily for his living. Good job on the weight loss - I'm sure you melted some of it away with the yard work.

Hellos to Patty & Java.
----
Nuttin' much to report. Forgot to mention yesterday that the anniversary gift car left our garage Friday night and was presented that same night by the hub to his wife (bf's friends) at their house. He reportedly brought it home and put it in the garage and cut the power to the automatic garage door opener so that his wife would have to ask him for help. Apparently she was totally blown away. What a nice surprise for her!!

Saturday the hub spent the day detailing the wife's old car and brought it over to our house for bf to sell. He didn't get over to the house until about 8:30 pm, so what a lovely day he spent cleaning out all the nooks and crannies of the car. Ugh. But you know what, it costs a lot of $$ to have someone else do it, so you can't blame him going the DIY route!

Didn't do much of anything yesterday, ho hum. Watched some bits & pieces of Hallmark channel movies, did a load of laundry, walked doggy, read the paper and some of my book, made tacos for dinner. As I said - ho hum.

Today's gonna be another potential record breaker for hot temps here. I'll probably get home and not leave the house until tomorrow morning. Bah. Nothing much else to say so I'll get this posted and back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #213  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING ALL.
I NEED TOOTHPICKS FOR MY EYES.
TOO MANY STORMS THIS WEEK ALREADY.
WE HAD A BEAUT OF A T-STOMR LAST NIGHT.
CAME WITH HAIL & 60 MPH GUSTS
I CLOSED ALL THE DRAPES AND TURNED THE TV UP!
NOTHING NEW TO REPORT.
GOING TO BE ANOTHER QUIET DAY HOPEFULLY.
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

CEEJAY.....HOPE THE SINUSES FEEL BETTER SOON.
WHEN JEN TRAVELS SHE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.
SHE COMES HOME WITH A SUPER HEADACHE.
GUESS WE HD ABOUT THE SAME KIND OF WEATHER.
FEEL BETTER SOON :hug;

ANNIE....POOR CURTIS & CHRIS. BUT GLAD THE JOBS ARE DONE.
YOU WILL BE LEAK PROOFED FOR THE NEXT ROUNDS OF RAIN (AND SNOW)
Shhhhh! DON'T TELL ANYONE I TYPED THAT WORD!
MAYBE THE BABY CUKES CAN BE GHERKIN PICKLES

LAURA.....I AM GLAD TO HEAR THE WIFE WAS BLOWN AWAY!!
WHAT A GREAT THING TO DO FOR A PRESENT.
MY WEEKEND WAS SIMILAR WITH THE BITS OF HALLMARK MOVIES THROWN IN.
I USE THAT CHANNEL AS BACKGROUND NOISE
TODAY IS OUR HEATWAVE DAY. DID YOU MADE IT THRU YOURS!
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER THIS WEEK

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-24-2012 at 06:47 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #214  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

super quick post as I've got an early meeting and have to leave soon.

I didn't sleep much last night. I had a hard time falling asleep, which is unusual, and then we were awoken at midnight by a bat flying around in our bedroom (rather than in the belfry). It must've come in when I left the dogs out at bedtime. Anyway, this has happened before and DH and I have a system, so we got the bat out within 15 minutes, but our adrenaline was running, so I didn't fall back asleep until 1 am. Then at 3:30, Mischief was throwing up...so I woke up to deal with that. Then I got up at 5:45. I'm exhausted and have a day FULL of meetings. Just hook up the caffeine IV if you please.

I'll read what's going on with y'all later today. I'm hoping to take a nap or just go to sleep when I get home.

I hope you're all doing well and have a great day!

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #215  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Tuesday....hmmmm....should be a better day than yesterday. Was not feeling all that great, plus had a busy weird day.

Made baked fish, wilted lettuce and zucchini casserole for dinner. Tasty, tasty if I do say so myself. Sprinkled a little lemon juice, garlic, pepper and butter pam and baked the fish. So yummy. Had enough of everything to bring for lunch today.

Oh wow, Katie (here at work) just brought me some banana peppers, cucumbers and green peppers from her garden. They look yummy. Looks like I may add a salad to my lunch as I have some lettuce in the work fridge from my garden. This is so much fun.

CHELLE...at bat flying around your bedroom NO THANK YOU! Most people have emergency weather plans, but no, you have an emergency bat plan in place....somehow that is humorous to me Probably the bat was celebrating the new Batman movie that is out, ba haha....poor Mischief, do you suppose it is something he ate or maybe in combo with this weird weather we are having? Bless his heart.

MELLIE....Maybe it will be a little quieter today at your house. We are supposed to have scatter thunder showers today, but so far they have hit all around the city but not Indy. How is Jen feeling? Love and hugs to you all.

SHADDIE...are you winding it up at the jobsite? Hopefully the last few days will be peaceful. Safe travels.

ELLEN...Everyone survive brother's babysitting? How did it go?

LAURA....what a wonderful surprise for the wife. I love those kind of surprises. I watched a lot of the Hallmark channel myself on Sunday. I like those goofy movies.

CEEG...sorry you are not feeling up to par since your trip. Maybe need to take a little added pain relievers today. Sometimes vacations take more from us than we would like to think as far as our physical self. Rest up and take care of you...Hugs, my friend.

HAPPY...I am not a real big blueberry fan, but if you pick them and wash them, I will eat them. I love black rasberries, used to go picking with my Grandpa in the summer times when I stayed with them. GREAT MEMORIES!!

HIya Patty and Java!!

Everyone have a marvelous day/night...

Oh and BTW....I took a PM went to bed at 8 last night and slept ALL NIGHT LONG. Didn't wake up till Cs alarm clock went off at 4 am. Bright eyed and not so bushy tailed...lol.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Ouch on the toe. Hope that it is beginning to heal. The squash sounds good but I'm thinking it's the fish smell that has made me nauseas. I can eat fish if some one else prepares it. Good for you in sleeping all night long.

Michella
Sounds like you had an eventful night. Yikes on the batt. And poor Mischief.

Mel
Sure wish we could get some of the rain. It's hot dry and humid.

Happy
How did you do on the bluberry picking?

-------
Still not feeling well. If I make it through tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor on Thursday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #217  

Morning all.

Michelle – OMG, I can’t even stand bugs or spiders in the house, let alone a bat!! And it’s not the first time that happened????!!!! I hope Mischief is okay. Hope you can get through the day okay – keep the coffee coming!

Annie – Glad you had a great night’s sleep last night! Yum on the veggies. Hope your own cukes have a growth spurt soon. The baked fish sounds yummy – enjoy the leftovers today.

Ceejay – I hope you’re feeling better by now. Obviously you needed a post-vacation vacation, lol.

Mel – Glad all was quiet in the building. We had our t-storm and high winds this morning, just when I needed to take a shower, of course. It went through pretty quickly, thankfully. Still, the rumbles of thunder continued for a bit afterwards. Doggy was following me everywhere and even into our tiny bathroom. He sprawled out while I showered, blocked the door so I couldn’t close it or easily reach anything hanging behind it. Otherwise he was alright.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies. Hope your week is going well.
==
Hot and humid yesterday, but not a record breaker – fine by me. But it was still very hot and humid at 7 pm when I took doggy for a walk (bf was picking up the car and getting the wheels aligned/balanced/whatever after the front end work the dealer did). Bf asked for and got a couple hundred off our bill at the dealer, but it was still painful on the wallet.

I don’t have to water today thanks to the thunderstorms that went through this morning. Bf’s definitely gonna have to mow this week after several weeks of not having to mow. Too wet today, too hot tomorrow…maybe Thursday? And so ends my little vacation from his moaning about the yard work.

No movie tonight – it was moved to Wed this week. Not sure if I’m going. I guess I might. Have to e-mail my pick.

That’s about it for me. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-24-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #218  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #219  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS.
WORKED FOR A BIT YESTERDAY.
JUST TOO MANY FIRES TO PUT OUT.
AND NO FIRE EXTINGUISHER!
SO NOT A VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY FOR SURE.
TOLD A FRIEND TO JUST THROW IN THE TOWEL AND WALK AWAY.

COOLED OFF A BIT BUT THE AIR STINKS.
I STAYED INDOORS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.
TALKED TO JEN AND WENT TO BED.
EXCITING DAY HUH????
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

MICHELLE....OMG A BAT???? GEEZ!!!!
YOU GALS ARE MAKING LIVING IN THE CITY LOOK BETTER.
AT LEAST BED BUGS ARE SMALL!!!
HOPE YOU CAUGHT UP WITH YOUR MUCH NEEDED SLEEP

ANNIE....SOUNDS LIKE YOU COULD BE THE LUNCHROOM LADY AT WORK.
SELLING YOUR SALADS AS A SIDELINE!!
I FORGOT TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN ON THE ADDED WEIGHT LOSS.
THINK YOU SAID 4.5 LBS!! YOU GO GIRL

CEEJAY....I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOU STILL FEEL UNWELL.
HOPE YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND GET WELL

LAURA......TOUGH DAY HERE YESTERDAY TOO. HOT AND UMID!
SORRY YOUR VACAY FROM BF MOANING IS OVER.
THAT LINE CRACKED ME UP
YOU MAKE ME SMILE
ENJOY THE MOVIE IF YOU GO.

SHAD...
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #220  
Happy September

I hope our Miss Happy is busy making us blueberry muffins

Old 07-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #221  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning chicklets!!! Sunday went well with the small exception that I walked in the door Sunday evening at 8:30pm and the house was messy and they hadn’t had dinner yet. But that was easily fixed DH had bought Home Run Inn pizza for them, so we popped them in the oven and the kids did a quick pick up while waiting.

Monday and Tuesday were uneventful, I was so worn out by the humidity and allergies I just lazed around. Plans today include a trip to Bed bath and beyond for k-cups and Sports Authority for bicycle things. Trying to get moving, but only DD2 and DD3 are awake. Waiting for DH to get ready for work so the bathroom is available for the rest of us. Have a great day everyone!!

Luv and hugs!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #222  

Morning all. Nothing much to report.

Ceejay - Hope you're feeling better by now.

Hi Shad!

Mel - I'd offer you our fire extinguishers, but they haven't been serviced in a long time and so they might not put out the fires! (A friend of bf's used to be in that business and gave us two for the house. He's not in the business anymore.) Hope today's a better day, but boring is probably a good thing right now, so not wishing you any excitement.

Ellen - Glad Sunday went well. Yeh, sometimes it's perfectly comfortable temp-wise, but it's the humidity that's the killer. Past couple days have been like that. Hope you have a productive day today.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies - yay for Hump Day!!
===
Went to lunch with a friend yesterday. We hadn't lunched for a while now and so it was good to catch up. It's so funny that no matter how different your lives may seem to be, there's always a common thread or two where we can relate and hear each other out and offer each other support. Just like here!

So yesterday I got off the train and headed to the bike rack when I remembered that I walked to the train station that morning. Aaargh. Didn't feel like walking home, and I didn't phone bf because I thought he was still out and about running errands. Bleh. Anyway, I trudged along home and appreciated cycling all the more.

Tonight we're going to see the movie "Moonrise Kingdom" which, according to imdb is this: "A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out and find them. " Cast includes Edward Norton and Frances McDormund. Getting good reviews.

That's about it for me, so I'll post.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #223  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Finally was able to sneak outside and get access to my camera while the turkeys were out. It's REALLY hard to get a good shot of them. I must have taken 40 pictures.

The 3 darkest ones are the Moms, the rest are the not so little chicks. We started out with 15 but lately there are only 14 so one might have met an early demise.

This one better shows Mom and baby

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-25-2012 at 01:25 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #224  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Got my hair done yesterday, about 5 inches lopped off. Colored too. While it was half the price of what I paid in Memphis, I was a bit taken aback at my hairdresser spending more time on the phone, calling in a supply order, taking appointments and handling some personal stuff. She spent more time away from me than on me. And she basically cut and colored my hair. No style. Just snip snip. I think I'll keep looking for a salon I like better. My hair is really thin on top, I do hope it comes back in soon - till then lots of product to fluff it up. I have my interview today - a little nervous about that. Still warm here but we got a good crackling thunderstorm this morning and more rain to come in this afternoon. And I got 9 and a half pounds of fresh blueberries which I have to get ready to clean, store, freeze or cook up. They are yummy.

Laura - I see there is a burn alert out by you. Don't remember ever seeing it so dry and hot. Another scorcer for you. Everyone is complaining of being tired of being cooped up inside. Hopefully the weather will break soon.

Ellen - yum - Home Run Inn pizza I love their crust. Allergies are getting really bad, I've had sinus problems for 2 weeks now. Hope you feel better.

Mel - I found some great blueberry recipes. What do you want - soup, smoothie, lemon blueberry muffins or parfait, blueberry tea? How about grilled chicken and a blueberry peach salsa?

Annie - how do you do the wilted lettuce? Hope you are feeling better today - no doubt the hot dry weather is getting to everyone.

Michelle - a bat in the house? I know they are very good for the environment but I would not want to be trapping them.

Ceejay - hope you are doing better. Blueberry picking was actually fun. The bushes are loaded with berries and it's not even work as they come right off the bushes. Better than strawberries where you have to bend down and strawberry fields are frequented by daddy long leg spiders

Hi Java and Patty

Sorry to be quick but this is a busy week for me and I have lots to do. Wish me luck on the interview...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #225  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Too much going on here to stop and chat. I'm going home tomorrow (Friday) for the last time. No doubt there will be time to get on line then. Meantime, best go clean my teeth, dry my hair and get my weary self out to the wilderness of Austar. I'm now helping out in the Finance area as well. I should be a real guru when I am done here.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote