Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #181  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.

FRIST THE DR SAID HE COULDN'T CVOME THEN THEY JUST ASKED IF HE COULD
I DON'T HAVE A TIME EITHER SO I AM JUST JUMPING IN THE SHOWER .
THEN I GESS I BETTER MAKE MY HOUSE LOOK PRESENTABLE!!

JEN FELL AND ENDED UP IN THE ER. I DON'T KNOW THE RESULTS YET.
IF IT WAS BAD RICHIE WAS GOING TO CALL ME.
I SEE THE CAR IS GONE AND HE WENT TO WORK.
NOW I WONDER IF JEN WILL GO TO THE NEPHEW'S GRADUATION?
THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GO THERE AND THEN BACKL TO THE TRAILER. NOT SURE WHAT THE AGENDA IS NOW.
IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING. I BETTER GET GOING.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

MICHELLE....SO GLAD THE JOB IS WORKING OUT.
HOPE YOU CAN GET ROLLING SOON. YOU SEEM SO HAPOPY.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE GETTING RAIN TOO.
THIS POOR COUNTRY HAS BEEN SO DRY THIS YEAR.

LAURA.....YOU HAD ONE HECK OF A FALL AND A WEEK ISN'T BAD.
THOSE POOR FINGERS WERE NEVER MADE TO BE BENT BACKWARDS!!!
WE HAVE GREAT SYMPATHY FOR YOU OVER HERE....MANY FALLS ON OUR RECORD!
HOPE ALL THE BOO BOOS FEEL BETTER SOON
GLAD YOU KEPT YOUR ELECTRIC...
AND AS FOR THE SHORTS GAL...WTF????
DOES SHE CHANGE IN THE LADIES ROOM???
HERE THEY WEAR CAPRIS AND THINGS ON FRIDAYS.
I THINK IT LOOKS TERRIBLE AND THEY LOOK LIKE HOMELESS WOMEN!!
SOME OF THE PANTS ARE WAY TO TIGHT AND THE TOPS VERY INAPPROPRIATE.
I'M SURE THEY DON'T LOOK IN THE MIRROR.
I HAVE A LOT OF BAGGY PJ/LOUNGE SETS.
ONE OF THE POLITICIANS TOLD ME I LOOK BETTER THAN THEY DO.
I HAD TO RUN DOWN THERE ONE FRIDAY FOR HEADS UP MEETING.

HAPPY.....HOPE EVERYTHING WITH THE DH IS OK.
SENDING HIM A GOOD THOUGHT AND A HUG
THE KIDS ARE GOOD WITH JEN BUT IT'S THE RESPONSIBILITY
THEY ARE SO MUCH OLDER SO IT'S EVEN BETTER.
I I FORGET THEIR AGES NOW BUT SHE MUST BE ALMOST 17.
THE SON IS ABOUT 14 I THINK.
HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND AND DH GOT GOOD RESULTS.

CEEJAY.........HOPE IT COOLS OFF THIS WEEK.
THE BEAR VIDEO MUST BE SOMETHINGTO SEE.
YIKES!!! COOL BUT SCARY ALL THE SAME. THOS BIG BOYS CAN BE HUGE!
I WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO HAVE A RACE WITH ONE

PATTY.......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ROOT CANAL.
POOR JAW HOPE YOU FEEL OK OVER THE WEEKEND.
GET SOME RELAXING TIME IN THERE AFTER SUCH BUSY WORK WEEKS.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #182  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

This will be a quick post for me as I want to get a couple things done around the house before I leave for work. I am going into work late today as I volunteered to work until 7 or 8 tonight to learn from the IT staff how to push new code into production as that will eventually be my responsibility. And since code pushes only happen every month or two, no time like the present to learn.

I wanted to get up earlier than I did to get, but I had bad allergies yesterday and last night, so I took an allergy pill and was too groggy to get up as early as I wanted to. I'll still get a couple things checked off the list, better than nothing I guess. On Saturday evening, we're probably going to go to Festa Italiana to take in some Italian singers, dancers and some awesome fireworks. During the day on Saturday, I'll be decluttering. I've got to get a lot out of here so we can make room for when DMIL brings her furniture here in September.

We got a nasty note from our temporary mail carrier (while our carrier is on vacation I guess). Our mailbox is too short (as in not high enough off the road), it's not painted properly, we need a bigger mailbox because we get magazines...blah, blah, blah. I'm tempted to go to the post office and say "Really?". Our mailbox is the same height as the others on our street. We've lived here for 9 years and it hasn't gotten any shorter. And it's painted, etc. Our full time carrier never complains. What a .

==================

Laura - Thanks for the review of the Thundershirts. Mischief does pretty well when we're there with her, unless the storms are REALLY loud. Good for bf for remembering to use the Kohl's cash. I frequently forget to use mine. I hope your injuries/bruises continue to heal. Hopefully those people in shorts change their clothes once they get to the office. Most offices here are business casual...but you still have to look somewhat professional.

Happy - I hope DH's appointment went well. I hope everything is okay...and tell him that he'd better drink more water...or Shad or Mel will get the cattle prod.

Ceejay - I'm so glad you had a nice trip. I didn't see the bear video, but I'll check it out this weekend.

Patty - I hope your feeling better after the root canal. I need to start working out too. DMIL will be at our house next week (this week she was a her sister's place), so I can go to the gym after work.

I've got to get going if I'm going to accomplish any tidying before work.

to Shad, Annie and Ellen!

Much love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #183  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

TGIF FO SHO!!!!

So glad it is Friday!! YEAH!! First week of eating healthy wrapping up tomorrow. Down 4 lbs. 16 more to go! Only two glasses of wine the entire week. Yes that is fabulous for me as I usually have wine EVERY night. I have been counting calories and staying away from starch/breads/sugars for the most part. Protein, veggies and fruit. Mostly veggies due to the gardens of many. I can actually I feel better too.

Stopped by dad's for a few minutes on the way to work. Took him two zucchini and several pieces of zucchini bread with cream cheese icing on it. He was thrilled and started eating the bread before I even left the house. lol. Sometimes he is just too cute.

Sissy and I took lil man for his 9 month pictures last night. They were all good and he just smiled and talked through the entire thing. It was awful picking out the pictures then deciding which sizes of each we wanted. He was so good.

We have had very scattered showers the past several days. Everyone is excited about it. I have not had to water my garden for 3 nights. We are still in a drought and an hour after it rains the ground is dry again. But hey, we will take whatever the Man gives us.

CEEG...glad you made it back from your trip safe and sound. And that you had a wonderful time and was spoiled by all. Lucky duck. I am always tired out when I get back from vacations too. Then you have to do all the laundry stuff. That is cool about the bears, glad you weren't their dinner.

HAPPY...how is DH? What did the doc have to say? The swelling of the feet does not sound good. Seems like men always have to be nagged into doing what they are supposed to do...i.e. drinking more water. I have to get on my dad all the time about that. I try to do my grocery shopping on my lunch hours to avoid evening and weekend crowds. We have fridge in the breakroom that we use to store until go home time. In the winter it is much easier as it is cold enough we just leave our groceries in the trunk.

LAURA....healing of bruises take a LOT of time. Even when they look better on the outside, the inside can still be a mess and sore. When I fell back in May when I was in training in Louisville, my fat celluitis thigh is still sore. There is a slight light blue area there. Barely visable, but sometimes hurts to lay on that side and sleep. I heard it can take up to 6 mos to completely heal. I also want to see that movie. May do that in the next few weeks. Since we do not have management in our office, we wear flip flops on Fridays with our jeans. Today I have on black capris, hot pink shirt and pink flip flops. Too sexy for my shorts....lol

CHELLE...the end of week one of the dream job. Glad to hear the meeting with your new boss went well and all is good. I am so stinkin' happy for you. Tell DMIL I went to 1/2 price bookstore and got a bunch of paperbacks for a buck a piece. She just has to wait till I read them. bummer!

MELLIE..MELLIE....so glad Jen is home. WHen do the kids go back? The kids here go back to school August 1st. That is just ridiculous. They are starting the year round thing in our district. It is too stinkin' hot for kids to be in school. Why not just do the out at memorial day and back after labor day like we did. I cannot see all that all these extra days in school is making the kids any smarter. Just the opposite. And by golly whip their arses if they need it. Ok, done with that rant. Hope you are feeling much better and out of the loo. I sometimes think you and I need a portable loo to carry in our purses. lol

SHADLET.....are you home yet? Done with the mines yet? Just a few more days till you get to see that sweet lil grandbabe. It is overwhelming the love you will feel for her. I just look a lil man and melt.

ELLEN...sending energy to you so you can keep up with the kidlets, house, and job. Not to mention momma too! Hugs.

PATTY...didn't Texas have an over abundance of rain last month or so. Unusual for Texas. I know my BF in Corpus even got lots of rain. Animals are funny creatures in the things they sense/know. More to cows than we thought. lol.

Hi ya JAVA....hope all is good in your neck of the woods.

Gotta get my bunz busy....may leave early today to get some stuff done.

Have a marvelous day/night to all.

Loves and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #184  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE and CHELLE are my sneaker inners....

MELLIE...so sorry to hear of Jen's fall. We must be the clumsiest worldlies around. LOL. Hope all is good and she is ok. Keep us posted.

CHELLE...Glad you are having fun at work and you are learning lots. Want me to come help you declutter. It is real easy, I just sit everything out to the curb, either scavengers take it or the trash pick up gets it. haha.

Have a great day ladies. Love yas.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #185  

Morning all. TGIF!!

Annie – Glad you’ve gotten a bit of rain this week. It’s nice not to have to water every day. But now I have some weeding to do in the veg patch tomorrow. I think it must have rained some more overnight because the soil still looked very moist today. Hope the ground isn’t too wet to work in tomorrow – I hate when it turns into muddy clumps. Then again, the weeds should come out easier. Glad little guy did well with the photo-taking.

Michelle – Oh, Festa Italiana sounds great. Enjoy yourselves! Glad the mail carrier is only a temp – he sounds like a real jerk.

Mel – Sorry to hear about Jen’s fall. Wow, emergency room – I hope it wasn’t too bad!

Ceejay – Just knowing raccoons and skunks are around is bad enough for me. I’d feel really nervous knowing there was a bear so nearby.

Patty – Hope there are no ill effects from the root canal and you can enjoy your weekend. Yeh, I need to get back to working out too. We all do – right gals???

Happy – I hope dh’s doc appointment went well and that the doc read him the riot act about drinking more water. Did you get your shopping done? I try to avoid that on the weekends, but when I do go, it’s usually not “prime time” anyway. Re dressing for work – we’re business casual all the time now, and to me that means dress slacks and a nice top. On Fridays though I’ll dress down a bit more and wear khakis and a more casual top. I was on vacation the latter part of the week of the 4th, but I’m surprised I didn’t see an e-mail go out allowing people to wear casual clothes because of the extreme heat…they did that once, but maybe that was back before we went to business casual attire. Some people take business casual way too far and they really don’t have any further to go to get to casual. My pet peeve used to be the footwear because I was just waiting for some idiot wearing flimsy high heeled sandals to take a fall and call it a work comp claim – when open-back shoes were technically not allowed. I still think they’re dumb, but I do wear slides sometimes in the summer.

Hi Shad, Hi Ellen, Hi Java!
===
Being boring again – nothing to report. Or nothing exciting anyway. The cost of the base car servicing itself wasn’t as bad as I’d thought, but the three issues that need to be fixed are. Bf thought we might save money if we found a non-dealer mechanic and sourced the parts ourselves, but ultimately we decided to have the dealer do all the work. Honestly, it’s tough to find a good, honest mechanic, and the one issue, a front end thing sounds rather complex, so we’d rather have the dealer do the work. I was joking with bf that hopefully the car will still be worth something by the time it’s paid off in December. Actually, we've have very little in terms of repairs to this car since we bought it in '08, so we should be grateful for that.

Today I’m leaving the office early to meet my friend down by Navy Pier. She’s got a drinks/appetizer cruise to attend with her industry group and asked me to accompany her. Should be fun. It’s kind of cloudy right now, but I hear it’s supposed to clear up later today.

I think that's all I've got in terms of weekend plans. I do need to get into the veg patch with the garden claw and remove some weeds. A couple of cherry tomatoes are finally starting to ripen, we've got some serrano peppers almost ready to harvest...it'll be a while yet for the Early Girl tomatoes and the orange bell peppers.

Okay, just rambling now, so I'll post and get back to work. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-20-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #186  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Here's my Early Girl Tomatoes - just waiting a few more days before I pluck 'em and eat 'em

I already had 2 of these grape tomatoes and they were so good I'd almost take up camp and live in the garden if it wasn't for the pesky buzzing deer flies

And I'm just waiting on this yummy cucumber - how do you know when it's the right time to pick it off the vine?

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
It's more than ready to pick. I like mine smaller than this.

------
Can I ask how to upload a picture. I want to post the video of the bear?!!!!
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #188  
Annie - Indiana

Happy....you know when it is the right time when you cannot wait any longer to eat it. It looks ready now or you can let it grow some more if you want. Your tomatos look yummy. I picked two yellow tomatos last night...YUM. I have zucchini coming out my arse.

Laura..the Navy pier drinks and appetizers sounds like a blast. I like that kind of stuff. Have a blast!!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #189  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - I don't think you can post a video on 3FC. So I grabbed a still shot from your video of FB of the momma and baby bear and am posting it here. I use one of the free picture hosting sites like Flickr, Photobucket, Webshots and upload my pictures there. They provide the html (web code IMG tag) you can copy to insert into your post here which will display the picture on your entry.

Since I'm grabbing a shot from the video, I'm sorry I can't make this a bigger picture but I'm limited to the frame size on the video.

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-20-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #190  
Choose your hard

argh - I just did a long post of personals and my web page stuck. When I refreshed, I lost it. Be back later
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #191  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Happy Saturday/ Friday whatever it is. Been working too hard to notice how the days go by. Only knew it was Friday yesterday because one of my blokes came to get me for the usual Friday BBQ. The Prep Plant puts on a bbq for the miners on Fridays and they don't stint either. There was burger buns, steak, sausages, bacon, eggs, onions, salad etc. The different areas take turns to cook and some of them are really good. You just have to say (once) "I like my steak rare and my egg yolks runny and my bacon crisp. and that is what you get. Mind you they might just be being polite and keeping me onside.

Other news. Sophia is out of ICU and in an open cot back in the neo natal unit and breathing on her own - much to her parents relief - although I do believe Mum is fretting because she can't take the baby home! Dad is much relieved. He didn't like her in ICU either. Can't blame them for that, although it was the place she needed to be at the time. Latest photo follows. I go down to Adelaide to see them on 5th August. Return 19th August and will need to look for work again sometime in September. No rush. I'd like some time off.

I'm staying at a place in the Hunter Valley for the next week of my contract called the Leisure Inn. Leisure is what it is all about. Restaurant doesn't open until 8.00am for breakfast. So it is lucky that I have cooking and food storage facilities. It's only open for dinner Wednesday to Saturday as well. Lucky I can cook hey! I really will have to get back into the exercise thing when I get home or I won't fit into anything shortly. I'm holding on to a size 16 by the skin of my teeth. This is a photo of the sunset across the lake which is just about outside my window in the unit.

Happy - your garden looks like it is growing so well. Might be a short growing season, but it certainly appears to be a successful one.

Annie - Your garden looked great to from the picture I saw. Glad you have such a happy lil man. Certainly helps after such a rocky beginning

Ellen - always so busy. With all those children around, its really no wonder. However they grow up so quickly and before you know it, they are ready for the outside world. Got to love them despite all the work and worry they cause.

Mel - Sorry to hear about Jen fallling. Poor girl. She has so little meat on those bones, it is going to hurt everytime. Are Richies kids getting that old. Well their growing up will mean less problems for him in the future. Although I guess he has a few more years of child support yet.

Michelle - Good to hear that you are enjoying you job so much. If we have to work, we might as well enjoy what we do. Hope you get all the coded down and dusted, although I always think that if it is only once a month or two, then it takes longer to get it down straight. Take good notes.

Laura - ouch on that fall as well. Hope the fingers are coming right now. My two dogs weren't big on thunderstorms, but as long as they were around their humans or inside the house they were fine. They didn't get upset about them, just a bit anxious.

Ceejay - how nice that you had a great time with the family. Haven't seen the video on facebook yet, but the photo Happy put up was interesting. Hope you have some more photos of the area for us to look at.

A recruiter rang me the other day, asking if he could put my resume (cv) out to a gold mining company. Sure I said but said that I wasn't available until September. Anyway he did and apparently they might be interested. They sent me this Skills Set page. Now normally I refuse to do skill sets - read my resume people - but I opened the attachment anyways. Geez - do they need some help with the skills set. I've never seen anything so stupid in my life. I'd attach it, but might be breaching privacy laws. I think the HR and the IT departments should revisit that one asap. I spoke to the recruiter about it. He said not to spend much time on it. I said I wouldn't because I am too busy for such idiocy. One of the criteria was:
Passport and... Next colums said Nice to Have...... then next column was Yes/no. My answer was Passport yes. And..... Possibly dependent on what the criteria might be.
Another was
Mining experience Must Have Yes/No... My answer? Majority of my contracts have been in mines and refineries. Do I dig coal - No

Better go shower and get dressed and decide what to do with the day. I need to get some more bread for sandwiches for the week and for toast with an egg from time to time. Counting down the days to home (7) and the days of work (4.5) and the days to end of contract (11 - including weekends) and the days to Adelaide (17).

That's it. Have a good Friday and a great weekend. I should be back tomorrow, but who knows. Some knight on a white charger might come and carry me away. Pigs might also fly
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #192  

Height: 5'5"

OK, ladies, just a short one from me today, but I should have some time to post personals tomorrow, either in the morning b4 work or at work in the evening. Everything has just been status quo around my house. The kids and I visited mom on Tuesday, DH also dropped by and we had dinner with the family. I was a duitiful daughter and drove mom to PT on Wednesday(to give my brother a break). I left the kiddies with instructions to clean the kitchen and vaccuum the front room and when I got home it was about half done. I was so tired and work out from the extremely high humidity that I let the kids run off to play with friends, so then after dinner on wednesday they were whining about having to finish the work so they got "disciplined" and managed to make it look half decent. Definitely not a "spare the rod" family. Thursday was low key, kids watched movies on Netflix or went to freinds houses. I picked my SIL up in the afternoon and we just visited. She needed a new pair of sneakers and I had an older pair that I barely ever wore cause they never fit correctly, and they fit her perfectly...so she got a practically brand new pair of New Balance shoes for nothing!! and I cleaned one item out of my closet!!

Today has been like every Friday, I paid some bills this morning, DH and I went over how much to save and how much to put towards groceries and Gas..Whoo hoo FUN FUN. After DH left for work I watched the New season opener for Project Runway! now I've been at work and am trying to appear to be working. Phones have been quiet. To be honest Quiet is good, hope today and tomorrow stay quiet...too tired to try to sell.

Ok, I need to get moving and start following the shut down proceedures and walk thrus. Hope everyone has a Great Saturday/Sunday!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Thanks for posting the picture. One of these day's I'll figure out how to do all of this.

Shad
Sophia looks like she is growing. Hope that she doesn't have to go back to ICU.

Ellen
I like quiet days at work also.

-----
Feeling a bit down in the dumps right now as I miss being around every one. I can't get back into the swing of things. Did make tilapia and broccoli slaw for dinner tonight so maybe the healthier eating is sticking.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #194  
Choose your hard

Well hello there,

I hope I can make it through a post without fail. My laptop has been acting up lately. Can't really tell exactly what the problem is, I did run a registry cleaner and anti-virus sweep. I pretty much frequent the same websites - no porn or eye catching headlines so I don't think I've picked up a bug. Am running Internet Explorer so always hard to tell if that flakey browser is the issue. Anyway...

Yesterday's animal parade included 2 momma turkeys and 12 baby chicks strutting across the yard in search of bugs and seed. All we could offer them was seed because the bear apparently comes here nightly checking things out. DH put out a gold finch feeder and forgot to bring it in at night and the very next morning we found yet another shepard's hook hangar bent in half and the ports of the brand new feeder popped out and he tossed that one back like he was chugging down a shot. DH did not think he would like thistle seed and I said he's hungry, he will eat anything. I swear if DH puts anything else out I will beat him with it. Then 4 deer showed up at dusk and roamed thw yard while DH went awwwwww awwwww awwww - I wanna feed 'em. L.B. has returned, apparently he went out for an overnight trip somewhere. Just glad he wasn't a fox's meal. I think he has outgrown his pompas grass home - might be too big to comfortably get through the reeds as we often see him in other places in the yard.

DH did get his results from the doctor and he has atrial fibrulation just like my Mum. My sis said I should take them both and drop them off at the hospital and get them to room together and get everthing done at once. Oh yeah But basically they will be getting the same treatment. DH is started on the anticoagulant. He is glad he has a reason not to eat brussel sprouts (not that I ever made him eat them) because they contain Vitamin K as well as leafy greens and vitamin K is a blood coagulant which would offset the coumadin he's taking. I just told him to be careful about running into things or cutting himself. His feet are swelling too so apparently he has some heart issues to deal with. A bit of a downer because we both had high hopes of better health out here. But the good news is that at least we have a diagnosis and can work to treatment.

I got a phone call today and have an interview next week for an office worker position. It's a funded by a grant for a community service center so it probably will be a temporary job but even if it's for a few months it will be some extra money. At least I got a call which is more than I can say for all the other applications I put in.

Ceejay - if you really want to know how to post pictures I guess I can write something up. Let me know. Sorry you are missing your family but I totally understand. When you have a good time you realize how nice it is to be around people you enjoy being with. Now aren't you glad you made the trip? Hope you can stick with the good eating plan. I need to follow your lead.

Shad - baby Sophia is so cute. So tiny and precious. I hope she is stable by the time you get out there so you can spend as much time as possible with her. Sounds as if you are eager to finish up this latest stint at work. I am so proud of you for sticking to your guns and refusing to dig coal I hope something comes along for you and you are able to squeeze in a little time off - sounds like you need a bit of r and r time. I love that sunset picture you took! And ok, now that I've tasted it, I am a fan of rocket. DH too.

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear about Jen. I hope she will be ok. I imagine as Shad says she has no padding to break her fall. Do let us know how she is doing. As for dressing, I'll just bet you look better than the ladies in the office = even if you were just in your jammies. Tell 'em to clean up their act

Laura - yes, you are right about finding a mechanic. When I had a '76 Firebird, I just took it down the street to the local mechanic to get it worked on and he did a great job. I did notice once I moved to the north suburbs, they were doing some teardowns at AH Road and Central and 2 of the teardowns were mechanic's garages. You probably are better off taking your car to the dealer - at least if they screw up they have to fix it. How is the hand doing? Did you get into the garden or saving it for this weekend? Hope you had a nice evening with your friends. Navy Pier is a great place for a summer's night. Not so good in winter tho

Annie - thank you for the garden advice. I think I'll be picking that cucumber this weekend. Can you settle a debate? I thought you were not supposed to have a cucumber sitting on the soil - it gave it a yellow spot and got bitter. DH thinks they grown laying on the ground so it doesn't matter. We always staked ours up the fence and off the ground. I hope you will be able to post a picture of Lil Man. I'm sure he is adorable - cooing and babbling now is he? This is the age I like them. Hope you get to spend some time with C this weekend and don't spend all of it working. Are you done with CVS? Except for baking that is

Ellen - it's good to hear you are holding your kids accountable for chores. Life is only going to get more demanding, they might as well figure that out in little dribs and drabs. It's nice you cut your bro a break and took Mom to PT. Is she doing ok?

Michelle - have fun this weekend at Fiesta time. Guess it's good with the timing that you were able to see a code push but boy oh boy - first week on the job and immersion time. Hope the terms make enough sense so you can take meaningful notes. I hate that period of adjustment learning so much new stuff. It's good you are thinking ahead to DMIL. Hopefully she is only bringing a few pieces of furniture like a favorite chair and some clothes. I know it would be hard to accomodate my Mom here - she could have her bed, dresser and recliner and that's about it. Unless we moved her to the Man Cave and Mel's already got dibs on that Had to laugh about the mail carrier. We have types like that too. I say if you mailbox is too small then you just get crunched magazines I did wonder how they decided the regulation height as ours is somewhere in between the ideal height for the sedan and the SUV. I imagine they figure out a system if they are good enough!

Patty - glad your root canal is over with. You make a good point about hitting up the store when they get the fresh deliveries. I should make a note of that too.

Getting sleepy here, maybe an early night. DH and I went to a new place for dinner. He wanted steak. It was ok but kind of pricey - certainly more than the local fish fry. He should have listened to me but I let him pick I had one glass of wine - quite tasty and I think it's giving me the shut eye so I'll sign off for now.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #195  
Annie - Indiana

Good Early Morning All...well way early...guess I will be awake when C gets up to go to work. Sleep is really overrated...that is the only comforting thought I can give myself.

HAPPY....Most cucumbers do grow near or on the ground and have a bit of yellow on the bottom side.....it does not affect the taste. Just pick it and eat it. I love love love cucumbers and that is the only thing not producing in my garden. I just hope the time comes that I am overwhelmed with cucumbers. As soon as the new pix come back of lil man I will certainly post them. Whenever I see him I say, "Nanna is here to see you" He just smiles and kicks his legs and flaps his arms. I love that little man.

SHADDIE....my God what a precious lil grandbabe, she is gorgeous. Babies are a weakness of mine and she is certainly getting to me. How adorable. Isn't it ridiculous the requirements needed even after they have read your resume. It is like they do not even read your resume. Oh, that is the requirement to take the test to even get hired...Grow some balls, go with your gut feeling on experience...it just honks me off. I feel your madness.

ELLEN...so proud of you for being the disaplined momma. Too many families let their kids run amuck and wonder why they are such disobidient children. I say, beat their arses if they need it. My kids certainly understood the conseequences.

CEEG...your dinner sounds yummy....do something just for you even if it is only a hot bubbly bath and a glass of wine to get your dumps out of the system.

I hear C in the shower so better post this and be the dutiful person that I am....hahaha....go back to bed when he goes to work.

Love and Hugs...