Old 07-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #76  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello Michelle who was typing away as I was lollygagging here Glad DH was able to work on your car without getting too fatigued. As for the hair we will NEVER apologize about the hair styles we have had in the past. We were just following the cuts of the time Lord knows I have had my share of bleached out fried blond hair but like you have generally stuck with long hair. I get an occasional chin length bob and then always wind up letting it grow out. DH said I should just shave it and get a nice wig - guess he's tired of hearing me always complain about the thinness of my hair and is offering the practical "man" solution. If a decent looking wig didn't cost so much, I might entertain the idea. However pretty hard to find wigs where I live now - more likely to find a camo (camoflage) baseball style hat : Hope you have a good shopping trip with the family...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #77  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Here you go. One from facebook posted by Brendan last night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sophia.jpg (19.9 KB, 14 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #78  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY FOR THE QUICK POST.
THERE ARE A LOT OF LEAKS AND ALARMS TO REPORT.
TENANTS ARE STILL IN THE HOSP. ABOUT 6 NOW I THINK STILL OUT.
THEN LUNCH WITH MY INDIAN FRIEND. HE IS HERE TOLL OCTOBER.
STAYING WITH HIS DAUGTER IN CENTRAL JERSEY.
RICHIE WAS SICK ALL WEEKEND.
THE HEAT GOT HIM AT WORK POIOR KID.
HOPE HE DOES OK THERE TODAY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

SHAD....IF I COULD GET JEN'S BABY PICTURE ON HERE....
IT'S ALMOST THE SAME!!!! WHAT A CUTIE PATOOTIE!
WHEN YOU FINALLY GET THER GRAMMIE....GIVE HER A BIOG HUGS FROM US!!

HAPPY........WE JUST CALL THEM BAKED SUBS.
I REALLY KNOW HAT A PANNI IS......LOL
THE OFFICE USED TO MAKE THE PANNINIS WITH MY GRILL(PRESS).....IT WAS B EMERIL LAGASSE (SP)
I HAD A BIG ONE YEARS AGO AND WE USED TO HAVE LUNCHES TOGETHER.
I NEVER REALIZED THAT A PO BOY WAS THE SAME THING....IT'S IN ONE OF MY MYSTERY BOOKS!! ROFLMAO
THE BABY MELONS HERE LAST YEAR WERE THE SAME WAY.
NASTY TASTE WHEN OVER RIPE.
HAVEN'T HAD FRESH CORN IN A LONG TIME.

CEEJAY....SO GLAD YOU GOT THE TRIP SORTED OUT.
EVEN NICER NOT TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TAGGNG ALONG TO WORRY ABOUT!!!
I AM GLAD YOU GOT THE INTERNET SORTED OUT TOO.
IT ALWAYS MAKES ME NERVOUS WHEN THE COMPUTER ACTS UP!!!

ANNIE....LET US HOPE WE BOTH GET COOLER.
I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LIKE DOING STUFF AND SPENDING OUTDOOR TIME.
MY FRIEND IS THE SAME AS YOU. SHE'S HATING THIS HEAT ALSO.

MIHELLE....GLAD DH WAS WELL ENOUGH TO WORK N THE CAR.
HAD A LAUGH AT AT YOU&HAPPY WITH OLD HAIRSTYLES. I WONT MENTION MINE.
BUT ONE DID MAK EME LOOK LIKE OLIVER HARDY
ENJOY THE SHOPPIG TRIP!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-09-2012 at 07:10 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #79  
Happy September

I promise this is the last time for July graphics but......
I just heard a commercial on the Hallmark channel.....
Next weekend is their Christmas in July Movie Marathon!
I can hardly contain my excitement!!!!
This just made my day

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #80  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A really quick post as I'm here at work. Plus, I have to leave at noon today to go get my pre-employment physical for the hospital.

but I just had to pop in and say, "OMG, Shad! Sophia is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!" Congratulations again to you, and to Sophia's mama and daddy.

Have a great day all! Wish me luck at my physical...I have no idea what to expect other than they said it could take up to 2 hours.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #81  

Morning all. Working through all the e-mail.

Michelle - Hope the physical doesn't take the full two hours! Yeh, I think it's crazy for people to still want to light fireworks in these drought conditions - are these strangers because I can't imagine people wanting to put their own or their neighbor's property in danger. Glad dh got your brakes fixed, and felt well enough to do that. Hope he's feeling better and better!! We don't seem to be getting much rain here at all, though it did pour for a few minutes while we were at lunch on Thursday. Otherwise, nothing since then. It seems these systems blow through and leave nothing. At my sister's yesterday, we decided that a lot of the moisture just doesn't make it to the ground - dries up before that.

Happy - Sometimes it's such a challenge finding good produce. I won't buy it at our two major grocery chains - too expensive. I was bringing a simple green salad to my sister & BIL's yesterday and though it was due to close in a half hour, I took a chance on the farmers market. They were still bustling, not closing up shop yet (as I've experienced before) and I got some nice veggies and some more peaches. But...the peaches will have to be eaten quickly!! Not to mention the bananas and canteloupe that are very ripe. Good thing doggy isn't too picky about overripe fruit, hahaha.

Shad - Congratulations on your granddaughter. Sophia is such a pretty name. Thank you for posting the photo - what a bundle of joy. Loved your family update - and the plaque quote re family/friends, lol.

Mel - Gosh, so horrible what the heat has done to the seniors. I'm truly sympathetic and don't mean to sound dense, but don't they have AC in their apts? Poor Richie - I feel so sorry for people doing physical labor out in this heat. I saw an ad for a "holiday" movie on Hallmark. Bet you're looking forward to the marathon. I dvr'd and watched several of those Good Witch movies last weekend so I've had my fill of Hallmark for a while, lol.

Annie - Well, I guess you've gotten accustomed to your sleep patterns or lack thereof and seem to cope. Sure wish you got more hours though, and I certainly understand not wanting to stay in bed when sleep won't come. Much rather get up and read a book or watch tv and hopefully doze off. When I'm sleep deprived for more than a day or two, I end up cranky and usually wind up sick... Hope the break in the weather comes soon for you and you're back to spending time outdoors. We were out on the deck at my sis/BIL's yesterday and it was lovely but windy and of course I had the watery irritated eyes to show for it afterwards. The Chicago news had stories of two instances of babies left in the cars in Indy - one fatality and one that had a seizure. What are people thinking leaving a kid in the car while shopping.

Hellos to Ellen and Patty!
===
As I already mentioned in personals, bf & I were at my sister & BiL's place for a cookout. It was very nice sitting out on their deck. For dinner, we had steak and none of them were "small" (i.e. normal-sized) and I ate the whole thing (to be courteous) and was very full after that. And the steak wasn't that great even though BIL had gone to their trusted meat market for it. It was sirloin and very lean and therefore not all that flavorful, and it hadn't been marinated or seasoned before going on the grill. Bf and I didn't say anything of course until we were on our way home, but we both have come to enjoy a nice fatty/well-marbled ribeye. My SIL and her sis brought dessert - a sampling of individual fancy pastries. Nice to try a little taste of a couple different ones.

I walked doggy after we got home - since the sun was low and it wasn't too hot I took him for one of his normal-length walks, but maybe that was too much - he was panting for quite a while afterwards. I think it was because the house was stuffy. We turned on the furnace fan to bring some of the slightly cooler air from outside, as well as another fan.

That's about it for me. Here's Monday and a full workweek ahead. Boo. The admin isn't here yet and I think she must have called in sick and the boss hasn't passed along this info yet. Pretty nervy of the admin (IMO) since her sick days seem to often fall before and after trips she takes and I think she uses them for prep or recovery time. This trip was an out of town wedding... Oh well, can't say I haven't taken a sick day when I'm not truly sick, so I should just shut my yap. Okay, back to Mt. E-mail.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-09-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #82  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Yesterday we went out to look at some walking trails. Stopped at a ranger station where the lady there was super helpful and gave us some good brochures and maps. We went over to one of the trails and walked it just a tiny bit to figure out how close it was to the river but had to turn back as the bugs were horrid. Looks like a great trail but it is very rustic and there are ticks in the grasses and lots of bugs so you have to dress for it. We hope to go back one day this week. After that we planned on meeting up with the cousins for a drink and a bite to eat. We were early so DH wanted to try out this other bar he had been to with the cousin when they went ice fishing. Turns out the food was blah (DH was thinking afterwards that maybe they only had a drink there and did not sample the food ) but... we are open to trying different places knowing some will be hits and some misses. Should have ate at the place the cousins picked - much better food. Next time. And it's across the road from this huge beautiful lake - a gorgeous view from the porch - only problem is that's where the smokers sit. On the way to the bar we started seeing some dark clouds appear. There was a 10 percent chance predicted on the weather site. Didn't take long before we saw lightning and by the time we got back to our town it was pouring so hard you could barely see through the windshield. People were running in the streets totally soaked as I'm sure it caught alot by surprise. We were also AMAZED at the mass exodus of cars going in the opposite direction of us headed to the highways and back to the cities as the vacationers packed up and left town. With all the lakes and cabins by the lakes you sort of forget just how many people rolled into here for the holiday weekend. We smiled and waved buh bye to all of them a few hours later on the way back home we stopped at the gas station for some milk and it was back to our usual ghost town at 8pm at night - I sure do like animals more than people.

We were going to go for a hike this morning but DH didn't want to get out of bed I suppose. Just as well as we must have gotten some rain and cool weather overnight. Everything was quite damp and dewy this morning which would have made for a rather wet and buggy walk. Maybe tomorrow. Just as well I have laundry and house cleaning to do and tomorrow is trash day so I have to go through the refrigerators and check the produce. Oh and I picked my first 2 grape tomatoes off the vine yesterday I probably should have let them get a little more red but I was soooo excited and eagerly awaiting those luscious tomatoes. They smell wonderful and tasted divine.

Shad - Sophia is a very good looking newborn. I guess if they don't have to go through the trauma of birth through the canal they are not so red and fresh squeezed looking I'm sure she is adorable - will be just the right size when you get to see her next month. Congrats to the family.

Michelle - I remember one company physical I had to take that was in a dark clinic in a not so great part of town. The doctor was an old guy who was quite creepy. Went through the usual health and drug use questions, blood draw, pee in a cup. Then he told me I had to remove my top and bra for a breast exam I said WHAT?? No way jack! This is NOT a female exam. He insisted and no way was I having any of that Told him if that was a requirement then he and the company could stick their job. I walked out of there totally p.o.'d - and this was for one of the city's largest employers. When I went back to meet with Human Resources, I indignantly reported what happened. In true H.R. form the person showed no reaction whatsoever but I did notice that a person who hired on about a month after me went to a totally different clinic associated with one of the many downtown hospitals. I'm sure you will not have the same experience with your exam Because a company's hands are tied with so much they legally can't ask or do, I'm surprised that they don't do anything more than ask about substance abuse and make you pee in a cup since drug use is about the only thing they can refuse to hire for. That would make the exam 7 minutes long Are you going to be working for the hospital system with the funky name that no one can pronounce unless they heard it before??? If so - that's where my brother went for his cancer treatment. A very good place I hear.

Mel - not only a movie marathon but a movie marathon on your favorite subject??? Does it get any better? I guess you can put on your sunglasses and flip flops get yourself a nice smoothie, tilt your chair back and enjoy the holiday in the same warm tropical way that Shad experiences it. Hope you have some good stuff on the agenda.

I'm kind of hungry so I think I'll go make myself something to eat. Hello the the rest of the chicks - will catch up with you when you post later.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #83  
Choose your hard

Laura - you were typing over my head The place I used to work at - my boss in particular was very keen to give you the stink eye - and often deny - if you tried to pad your vacation or holiday with sick days. If you were sick you'd better come in the next day looking like death warmed over. I agree with the mental health/ not so sick days we all occasionally sneak in, but it's different when there's a pattern established. That's unfortunate about the steak but like you, I have learned that you have to have a bit of fat in the steak to give it flavor - too lean is not good. Same for burgers - I would make them with ground sirloin and they would be dry and tough. Better to eat a small portion of something that tastes really good. Didn't you have some produce markets out your way? I heard that you got some storm clouds passing your way but nothing much in the way of actual moisture. Sometimes I think when the air gets so dry for extended periods, it does suck the moisture out before it hits the ground. On the other hand I suppose the mosquitoes have to be minimal this year.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Popping in to say hello. Getting excited about my trip Friday.

Shad
Your grand daughter is beautiful.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #85  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HELLOOOOOoooooooo shouting up from under this pile of work in my office. Can you hear me??? This isn't even the busy time of year for us either. We just have our small business salesgal going overboard on selling, which is great, but since I am on the back side of her job, it makes me coo coo too!...

C and I did not do anything real constructive yesterday. I did get the laundry done and put away, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, made the bed and fixed dinner, that was about it. We didn't even go outside or go anywhere. We watched 3 Doris Day/Rock Hudson movies we had on DVD. Layed around and yawned, of course that was after Sissy & Chris came a picked up lil man around 1 pm. We had a great time with him.

SHADDIE...lill Sophia is just adorable. Lil man certainly approves and wants to know if she wants to go out for a bottle? haha Glad the work is coming to and end soon and you will get to see the wee one. Cheers!

brb to finish posting have to go to short meeting.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

ok back, didn't take all that long.

MELLIE....I kept seeing the commericials for next weekend's C in J and thought about you every time. Was going to post about it but see you are already in the know. I like the movies too, I may be watching with you.

HAPPY...I am right on board with you on the tick thing. They just gross me out. I can handle just about anything else but that. Nasty. Hella B never had a tick on her, but my dog before her had a couple in her life. She had access to running around in the woods as HB only had the backyard. Thanks for the bread/sub listing. I actually had heard of most of the list, but then again I am so into cooking and baking that I check many things out that I come across.

CHELLE...we had a few fireworks offenders here too. All counties were banned except 4 in NE corner of state around lake MI. Indy put out a special number to call to report folks disregarding the ban. Instead of tieing up the 911 line. I didn't call it as I only heard the fireworks and did not see where they were being set off. Is this the week you start your new job or am I off my a week. I have lost count. Goodluck today if so. I would mail you the lettuce, but sure it would lettuce juice by the time you received it. lol

LAURA...I am a bad worldlie chick...I missed your birthday...come beat me with a big fat wet noodle. Sounds like you did ok on your birthday. I am not much on steaks but love fish and chicken. Red me kind of turns my stomach and mind if I think about too much.

CEEG...our temps are much better today 84 and nice. Supposed to be 85-88 through the weekend. I don't know much after that. I just wish we would get a terrific rain. We had dark skyes, thunder and lightening, but not one drop of rain yesterday. I think it came down all around us and skipped over the house. Boo.

Hey there to Ellen and Patty, hope you are staying cool.

Better get back at it, I would light a match on this pile of papers but there is a no burn ban. haha

Have a great day/night! Congrats again, Shaddie.

Loves and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #87  

Getting through Monday (or should I say Moan-day?) - yay for it being nearly over.

Annie - Even the days you say aren't "real constructive" seem rather productive to me! Glad you had some lounging time watching the movies on Sunday. Did you get your pile under control today? No wet noodle beating for you - I'm getting to the point where I like my bday as an excuse to do fun stuff, but not to actually celebrate it. Not sure if that made any sense to anyone but me... Anyway, I'll remember this one for the fact that my drivers' license needed to be renewed and last Monday I went to the dmv and took an absolutely horrible photo that I now have to live with for the next four years. Aaargh!

Ceejay - Glad you're excited again about your vacay. No superstitions allowed re Friday -it's just another day!!

Happy - Hope you get to go back out and do some hiking, though the ticks would scare me too! Yeh, mosquitos haven't been too much of a problem this year so far, but then again, we've been spending a good amount of time indoors with the AC. ---We had a great produce store very close to home that closed around March, and another chain just closed their location closest to us a couple weeks ago, blaming it on the nearby Walmart (that expanded to include groceries too). We have another store semi-convenient with good produce and a great deli, but it's a crazy place on weekends. I usually refuse to stop there then. But we did stop on Thursday to pick up a few things for the dinner with my friend and was reminded of all the great stuff they sell there. Just have to go during the week and get there before they start closing up the deli...
===
Okay, the admin didn't call in sick, but she did call in this morning to take an unplanned vacation day, which the boss didn't like because she's going out of town starting tomorrow afternoon and needed some schedules prepared before then.

Well, bf is having his big milestone bday next month and I have to get on the stick with party planning. Started off thinking of having a small group gathering at a hotel or cabin in a WI resort area, and then thought it might be better to have a local gathering so some more folks would show up, since it's a special birthday for him. Thought of a couple restaurants where we could have it, but down deep I know people will want to hang out longer/later than the few hours a restaurant would allow, and having it at home would be better. But I'd hope for an outdoor party if we did it at home, and the weather can be so unpredictable. And all the work to get the house ready. Aaargh. This is not my forte.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #88  

Height: 5'5"

OMG ladies. I have been trying to catch up for two days and everything is just going onÖ

Congrats to Shad on the new baby and Michelle on the new job!!!

Annie~so sorry you are having such trouble sleeping, I know my mom had some issues with the cymbalta giving her weird dreams.

Laura~ happy belated Birthday!! Whoo Hoo!!

Ceejay~Glad you are still taking your vacay! Enjoy the time with family!

Happy~havnít caught all the way up on your posts. Has Dh been able to repair the stairs so the raccoon stops going underneath? Howís LB?

Ok last week was a blurÖI worked on Monday, Then Tuesday I drove my mom to the doctor then rushed home to go tailgate at the White Sox game. Kids were all really good, even DD3!. She was so good at her first game! Wednesday we lazed around/kinda cleaned up the house in the morning, then went over to a friendís house in Chicago for a 4th of July BBQ. We hung out way too late, but got to see several firework displays on the way home.

Thursday we dropped the car off for some maintenance, then took the kids to a friendís momís house to go swimming. I was really good about the sunscreen, but still managed to burn my shoulders and chest. Surprisingly my back was ok. Friday I went back to work and DH took the kids to another friends house for more swimming and BBQ.

Saturday worked then got together with some girl friends and we had a girls night and saw Magic MikeÖplot was really bad, but you canít beat the ďotherĒ scenes. Had a blast and Stayed out way too late again. Worked yesterday. Then got to sleep in today, but Working again this evening. I donít have much planned for this week, Just may have to take Mom to a different doctor on Wednesday. Going to try to go thru clothes and get back into the attic for baby things for some ppl.

I will continue to catch up and try to keep up with you amazing ladies!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #89  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I've got to leave for work in a few minutes...but I wanted to let you know that the physical went great! My BP was a little high, but other than that, all was good. Then I went to Human Resources to fill out lots of paperwork, and then to security to get my photo taken for my badge. On Monday, I start my new job at the Hospital's corporate office (which is a lot closer to my house than the actual main hospital); so one more week at the current job with a long commute. And, to answer Happy's question, yes I will be working for the Hospital with the funky name that no one can pronounce unless they've heard it before. It's like the Wisconsin version of the Mayo Clinic or Stanford Hospital or Johns Hopkins. Great reputation for leading edge treatments. The hospital system that I'll be working for includes the hospital where DH had his surgery and was admitted for a few days. DH jokes that I'll be earning back the money our insurance paid the hospital for his stay!

I'm going to take Friday off. The doggies need to go to the vet for booster shots, and I need to get my hair done.

Well, it's time to head out the door. I'll post more later.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #90  
Happy September

I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE 2 DAY BED BUG INSPECTION.
THEY SENT ANOTHER NOTICE AROUND LAST EVENING.
CHECKING UP TO MAKE SURE THE EXTERMINATORS ARE DOING THEIR JOB.
SO FAR SO GOOD & JEN & I DON'T HAVE ANY.
BUT THE SENIORS ARE BLIND SO THEY NEVER SEE THE LITTLE BUGGERS
I AM OFF TO STRAIGHTEN UP & POSSIBLY WORK A BIT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

BTW.....YES EVERY APT HERE HAS AT LEAST ONE A/C. SOME HAVE TWO!!
WE GET DEDUCTIONS ON RENT SO WE CAN USE THE HEAT & A/C BUT.....
THE SENIORS ARE CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAURA...YOU AND BF ARE SO RIGHT!! GOTTA HAVE MARLBE FOR A STEAK TO TASTE GOOD
GOD I LOVE BEEF!!!
ALL THE DOGGIES OVER HERE ARE PANTING TOO.
EVEN THE CANTS OUTSIDE ARE LOLLING AROUND WITH TONGUES HANGINGOUT.
LET THERE BE SNOW
PS: I LOVE THE GOOD WITCH. WE WATCHED THEM TOGETHER!!

HAPPY......I BET IT'S GOOD TO SEE THE JULY HODAY-ERS L;EAVE TOWN!!
SORRY THE EATING WASN'T GREAT. BUT YOU HAVE HAD SOME GREAT MEALS THERE.
THEY SOUNDED GOOD TO ME
HOPE YOU KEEP THE BUGGIES AWAY WHEN NEXT YOU RIDE THE TRAIL.
I'LL SEND YOU SOME RUBBERBANDS FOR YOUR CUFFS!!

CEEJAY.......GLAD YOU'RE GETTING EXCITED!
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES FOR MEMORIES.
STAY COOL!

ANNIE....I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY SINCE HEARING THE COMMERCIAL.
I MUST BE LOSING MY HEAD
GLAD YOU AND CURTIS HAD AN EASIER DAY.
BOTH OF YOU DESERVE IT!!
HOPE YOUR JOPB CALMS DOWN TOO

MICHELLE....HOPE THE PHYSICAL WENT OK AN D YOU ARE READY TO GO!!!

ELLEN.....YOU ARE ONE BUSY GAL. WE UNDERSTAND.
YOUNG FAMILIES ARE A LOT OF WORK. LOL
GLAD YOU GOT A GIRLS NIGHT OUT THOUG!!!