3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #136
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh in back ground of Rose of Sharon bush is one of my benches that my bro gave me and we painted.

HEALTHY, HAPPY, GRATEFUL, BLESSED!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #137
Annie - Indiana

Default more of my garden

This is more of my garden plot on the other side of the yard!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0994.jpg (61.3 KB, 36 views)

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 07-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #138
Annie - Indiana

I mean one of the plants I planted in honor of my momma. Geez...her birthday will be on July 28 and would of been her 83rd birthday!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 07-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #139
Annie - Indiana

Yes I am bored with not much to do. House is clean, getting ready to put sheets on bed. I suck. what to do, what to do, I mean it IS raining here in Indianapolis in the summertime. FOR A MINUTE

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 07-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #140

Hey everyone. Happy Saturday.

Yesterday I had a meeting go over by at least an hour, then one thing I really wanted/needed to get done, so I didn't get to lunch til after 3. And it was sprinkling, so I just ran across the street to Subway.

Off the train at home I had bf pick me up cuz it was RAINING!!! Whoohoo! No watering today.

It stopped within about a half hour, so I walked doggy. It was steamy outside (but not really hot) and I was soaked when I got home. Ugh.

Went for dinner at the middle eastern place - lamb kabob sandwich and some baba ganough (sort of like hummus w/ eggplant I think). Yummers.

Doggy woke us at 5 am to let him out (bf said he didn't go out last night), so I did. It was just starting to rain again. I don't think we got much though.

This morning was my hair appt - touch up only. Followed by a trip to the thrift shop. Bought a necklace, paperbacks and a short sleeve white cotton cardigan to wear over tank tops/camis.

Came home and put the sweater in the laundry and wiped down the books and the necklace w/ a damp paper towel.

Now I'm hungry! Off to lunch soon. Bf getting dressed now and - YAY - he found the missing cell phone headset (matchbook size) in a pocket of his shorts. Whooo!

Toodles!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #141
Annie - Indiana

Add a couple of tablespoons of sugar or equivalent to the sauce for flavor. I used spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce or the italian tomato sauce. I cooked the onion, green peppers and fresh mushrooms in with the beef. I do not like undone or crunchy veggies on my pizza. The zucchini crust turned out beautifully. Will put the entire package together when it gets closer to time when C gets home from work... Black olives will go on last then the final cheese. Hopes this helps for those of you wanting to try it.

The rain stopped, sun came out, hotter than H*LL. Glad the veggies and flowers got a good drink. Hoping for more rain, however thankful for what little we got.

LAURA...Lunch at 3 pm is like starvation mode and overeating time. Hope it doesn't affect you that way. I love Subway. Especially the meatball sub with extra sauce. YUM! I heard that Chicago is now fighting flying spiders. At least it was on our news and the hotels are really fighting them coming in their entry way. I am not afraid of spiders but certainly do not like the flying type.

I went to the half price bookstore and bought about 8 paperbacks. Now just have to get through them to send them on to CHELLE for her DMIL. It may take me some time as reading time doesn't come real often for me. I can always think of some kind of cleaning or cooking to do....

later girlies

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 07-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #142

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Just about to begin the tedious job of repacking stuff to take back to the vines and mines. Only another 11 days down there and then another couple back in the office tying off loose ends and this contract is done.

Good news from the DS1 yesterday. Sophia is off oxygen and in an open cot and will be monitored only for the weekend. If nothing happens, then she will be transferred back to the neo natal unit and be fattened up to take home. Expect her to be in hospital until about her original due date which is the 5th of August.

Had a fun time with friends yesterday. We must have because 1 bottle of champagne, half a bottle of red and a bottle of white went down the tubes. It's all good. We are are all going to breakfast this morning - family and friends so I can't stick around here for long. Need to be packed and gone to the restaurant shortly before 9am. Haven't seen much of DS2 this trip. He's been off to work and then sanding down one of the rental houses after that and then off to the g/f. Guess I come a distant third in that lot. However he will be at breakfast this morning.

So I will leave personals until I can catch up tonight or maybe tomorrow. Have fun over the weekend. Don't get trapped by wolves, zucchini bread or epsom salt baths and I will return.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #143
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

sorry I'm behind on personals. Hectic day yesterday...ran lots of errands. Good news is doggies all had great vet checkups!! I got my hair colored...strawberry blonde (reddish blonde with blonde highlights). I really like it and it tones down my rosacea.

Today was more errands and we're melting in the heat and humidity. It rained hard for 10 minutes last night, and we're hoping for more tonight. Tomorrow, DH and I are taking DMIL and DA (dear Auntie - DMIL's sis) for a scenic drive along Lake Michigan and then inland in the country. DA doesn't get out at all as she doesn't drive and her husband doesn't take her anywhere.

DH is grilling burgers and corn on the cob tonight. Yumm Yumm!

Oh, and my b'day party is being postponed 'till later in September. Not sure of the date yet. But the rescheduling is necessary because on my b'day weekend, he and DMIL will be in CA loading up a moving truck with her stuff in it and making the drive out here towing her car. I'm totally okay with postponing the party because it gives me an extra week while they're gone to do more decluttering.

to answer Happy's question...I haven't decided about doing the contract work for my most recent employer. And as for parking, I won't be working at the main hospital, I'll be working at the corporate office and while the office is big enough to have a cafeteria, I won't have to park too far away from the building, which my back greatly appreciates.

================

Shad - I'm glad to hear Sophia is doing better.

Happy - I hope all the aches, pains, and ills go away quickly.

And I hope y'all are enjoying the weekend.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana; 07-14-2012 at 07:26 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #144
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
WOKE UP TODAY WITH AN AWFUL HEADACHE & DIZZINESS ABOUT 5 AM.
OLD MAN VERTIGO IS BACK IN TOWN.
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS WOULD HAPPEN WITH THIS WEATHER.
BACK TO THE SINUS DRUGS, BED & THE HALLMARK MOVIES..
SORRY FOR THE SHORT POST.
MAYBE BACK LATER.......HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-15-2012 at 07:59 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #145
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in before everyone wakes up. Mount Washmore is all cleaned. work clothes have been hung up. I'll fold the rest this evening after we get back from our drive.

thanks, Happy, for the hysterical comment on FB. I'm glad I chose to honor strawberry season (with strawberry blonde) than blueberry season! Not sure how well the fairly conservative hospital environment would've dealt with blueberry blonde!

=================

Mel - that sucks that vertigo is back! I hope the dizzyness goes away quickly. In the meantime, relax and enjoy the Hallmark movies.

I hope everyone else is doing well and has a great day!

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #146

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick check in for me too today. been fairly productive at work and hoping it stays busy enough to not be bored. DH and I went out for wings last night and had a nice relaxing dinner. Kiddies werer all in bed when we came home, they were tired out. DH had them moving books from our old ratty bookshelves to the nice wood ones. Also finished putting away all of our closes and DH is making the final push on Mt Washmore today.

Hoping to go thru clothes this week...have too much to do

10 lbs in 10 weeks!
Goal date: 7/10/2017

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #147
Happy September

I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER.
NEED TO KEEP THE PILLS OUT AND TAKE THEM!!!!!!!!!
BY ME NOT TAKING THEM IT ENDED UP WITH ME
TAKING A CHITLOAD OF PILLS TODAY.

STILL SITTING IN THE DARK AND WATCHING TV.
CAN'T DO MUCH OF ANYTHING ELSE YET.
I AM NOT TEMPTING FATE.

IT'S BEEN SO QUIET THAT I OPENED THE DOOR TO SEE IF I COULD HEAR ANYONE!!
SOUNDS LIKE THE BUILDING IS DESERTED.
BETWEEN THE HEAT, HUMIDITY & CLOUDS....I THINK THEY'RE ALL ASLEEP.
THEY CAN STAY THAT WAY TILL TOMORROW!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT & GOOD MORNING GRANNIE SUNSHINE

SHAD....I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE PARENTS & YOU!!
HOPING SOPHIA GETS A GOOD REPORT AND CAN GO HOME. YAY!!!
I BET YOU ARE ALMOST COUNTINGTHE HOURS TILL THE END OF VINES & MINES.
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE NAME THOUGH.
wILL YOU BE GOING TO THE KIDS RIGHT AWAY OR WHAT???
INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW!!

HAPPY.....I WAS SO HOPING YOUR BACK WOULD HAVE FELT BETTER.
HOPE THE DAY WASN'T WASTED IN PAIN
I HAVE TO TELL YOU A FUNNY STORY...
YESTERDAY WHEN I GOT UP EARLY I REALIZED IT WAS A BIT DARKER THAN USUAL.
THEN LAST NIGHT IT WAS DARKER EARLIER....
BOTH TIMES I THOUGH OF YOU.
WE ALWAYS SEEM TO BE THE FIRST TO NOTICE...JEN TOO.
PS: I LOVE THE AVATAR

ANNIE....THE GARDEN PICTURES ARE SO NICE.
THANKS FOR POSTING MOM'S PLANT TOO.
I WAS THINKING OF PLANTING ONE FOR MY BRO NEXT YEAR.
HOPE YOU AND C HAD A GREAT DAY TOGETHER.
REST UP....LOOKS LIKE NEXT WEEK IS A HOTTIE!
I PRINTED OUT THE ZUCCHINI POZZA BAKE FOR THE KIDS.

CEEJAY.... JUST SENDING A HUG AND A WAVE

MICHELLE....HOW WAS THE DRIVE???
HOPE YOU & DH ARE FEELING OK?!?!
STAY COOL AND REST.

ELLEN....I MIGHT JUST JOIN YOU IN SORTING OUT CLOTHES.
GLAD THE DINNER WAS SO MICE & RELAXING.
HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK AND SOME CALMER DAYS!
PS: I THOUGHT THE TILTED KILTS WERE ON MALE WAITERS!!! ROFLMAO
Old 07-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #148
Happy September

LAURA....I JUST SEE YOUR POST NOW ON THIS PAGE....
GLAD YOU GOT RAIN ALSO. I WOULD HAVE SHARED THOUGH!!
HOPE THE BODY IS FEELING BETTER.
I LOVE LAMB KABOBS. BUT NEVER HAD baba ganough.
I AM DROOLING OVER HERE AGAIN!!
SHOPPING!!! LOVE THAT TOO AND YOU GOT GOOD STUFF!
MAYBE I SHOULD ORDER TAKE-OUT AND SHOP ON LINE TONITE!!! ROFLMAO
Old 07-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #149
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello from the hot northwoods -

In the 90's today - supposed to be close to 100 degrees tomorrow - that's roasting in this neck of the woods. The Wolf Howl yesterday was interesting. We were shuffled around in 2 cars. Unfortunately, DH and I drew the 3rd row back seat in the van - very difficult to get in and out of. Also they had the air conditioning on full tilt which was good because it was hot but bad because with all the noise of the blowers it was quite difficult to hear the driver's lecture. It was also very long. We gathered at 3pm, chatted up until about 4 and then took off into the cars touring various points until 7pm when we headed back for dinner. The mosquitoes were ferocious - both in the field and inside the cars. We had dinner until 9 then they were heading back out for another 3 hours or so to go to various points and do the actual wolf howls to see if they could get a pack or two to answer them. That involved 6 or 7 more stops climing in and out of the van and by that time not only did my back bother me, but it was moving to my neck also. So we bid adieu and left after dinner. The guide was very nice, she is a naturalist at the museum and said since we were local, she and her husband would be happy to take us out one night. I'd love to go out when it was cooler and the mosquitoes are not so bad. But we did enjoy the time we had and I'm learning slowly the right things to do for a hike. Dinner was fantastic too. So good that today I made DH take me back to the restaurant for Sunday brunch. We had been talking about going there for about 2 months now. Once again, the food was fantastic but the service was horrid. I don't know what our waitress was doing but for the hour we were there, she was in the dining room only about 10 minutes total. Our dirty plates were never removed until she came to drop off the check and our soft drinks were never refilled. We waited about 20 minutes for her to show up again to pick up the check. I do intend to write to the resort as that was quite unfortunate since the food itself was delicious. And this waitress only had one other table besides ours with customers so it's not like she was busy. Perhaps she was on the line cooking! Afterwards stopped off at the cousins to drop off an ant moat cup for the hummingbird feeder, he in turn gave us a few bulbs of freshly grown garlic. I have never had garden fresh garlic before. Can't wait until it dries out. The garden is coming along nicely - I have a few cucumbers and the tomatoes are just starting to get the hint of a blush on them. Pulled out the spinach and my one spring mix lettuce is doing fine, the other green lettuce is on it's last push. Guess I have to sow seeds a few times over the season to keep a continuous crop of lettuces and some herbs like cilantro, dill and parsley.

Supposed to be quite hot tomorrow - mid 90's. Will stay inside and do some work in here. Only 1 day of intense heat so that's ok. I do want to get down to the hospital and check out their walking paths - maybe get up early Tuesday and do that. Evening walking is out unless one wants to run from the mosquitoes. DH said he was looking at the backs of some of the people on the tour yesterday and those who had light colored shirts, he said it looked like someone had speckled them - they had so many mosquitoes on them.

Mel - I'm glad you are feeling better. Annie, please add Mel taking her pills to the things you threaten her with the , ok? Thanks. Maybe we are the ones to notice the days getting shorter because we are night owls? Or was it because we are the party animals and the earlier it gets dark, the sooner we can paint up the town and start our pajama party Enjoy the quiet building. it stays that way and here's to a quiet head too. I hate vertigo.

Annie - loved the garden pictures - looks like you have a really nice layout. I'm with you on not liking crunchy veggies on my pizza - I always make sure to cook them enough to be soft if just the pizza cooking time won't do it. Your Mom was close in age to mine - didn't realize that. What a pretty Rose of Sharon bush - I'm sure she'd love it. Hope you had a nice evening with C.

Michelle - glad you got through the laundry. Ok, now you have me on a roll - you aren't going into work as Strawberry Shortcake, are you? I'm sure your hair looks pretty even if you are not used to the color. I love the reds - it sure does perk up the facial tones. Hope your first day is not too dizzying. And I wasn't thinking - of course corporate offices would be not as big as the hospital campus. Glad you won't have to walk so far and stress your back out.

Shad - the contract will be over before you know it. Will you be taking some time off now to go see the new grandaughter? Glad to hear you had a good time with friends - you can sure you a night or two of relaxing.

Ceejay - hope you are having fun with the family.

Laura - good thing BF found his headset before it got washed in the pants I have to live vicariously through you and all your wonderful food options. Right now I would love to have some California Roll sushi with a spicy pink sauce. Have you ever tried to make it yourself?

Glad many of you finally got some rain. There's some clouds poking around but I don't think we'll get anything tonight. Well I think I'll get off the computer, fold this last load of laundry and then go watch some of my recorded cooking shows. Darn that Giada Delaurentis or whatever her name is. She has a show Cooking Italian and I swear every show has at least one yummy thing I'd like to make. Nice and light stuff too and she gives good directions. So I have about 42 (no lie) shows recorded and DH is about to give me grief for taking up alot of recording space so I'll have to see if I can either find the recipes online or will have to pen and paper the ones I want.

Goodnight all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #150
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

The first 2 tomatoes out of my garden. Grape tomatoes.

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote